Farm Credit Services of America

Farm Credit Services of America Employee Reviews

United States43 reviews
Excellent place to work.
Great work environment. Leadership is highly motivated to invest in the development of employees. Workplace culture is attractive to younger employees with relaxed environment, but also highly appreciated by more tenured employees.
Team Based Work Environment
A typical day includes working with several teammates. The objective of the company is to have leaders, not bosses and be fully team oriented. They create many different work groups for you to expand your team working experience.
Good company
Overall, it's a good company to work for. They are focused on culture and maintaining a work-life balance. There isn't a lot of opportunities to advance your career because no one leaves.
Not the same company
New leadership has taken over and only one thing is important, the company’s bottom dollar. It is not the place that I originally started working at and they don’t protect their customers or their teammates like the should.
Great benefits and pay. The rest depends on your team leader.
Great benefits and pay. The rest depends on your team leader. Heavy workload, often stressful environment. Executive leadership team are nice and will greet everyone. Team leads are another story.
Loved the work, great team mates
Loved the work, great culture in general, some teams struggled based on individual leader. New executive leadership structure could change culture but not likely
Wouldn’t want an enemy to work here
I’ve been bullied and harassed since I started a short while ago. I’ve brought these issues to the branch manager who claims I’m in the wrong and enables the behavior. I’ve made the director of operations aware and she’s performing investigations. Good benefits and decent pay. Fake people, high stress job, unprofessional attitudes, definitely NOT worth it.
Would never go back
You think working for an organization for 20 years they would treat you a little better when going through a personal issue. Nope I was told I was untrustworthy. Really I was always the 1st to come in early and stay late.
Pros
Made great friends
Cons
New management treats veterans like dirt and gives new hires anything
Great Workplace
Great place to work where they do believe in work, life, balance. I miss this company very much. Would encourage anyone to apply.
They take amazing care of their customers as well. They understand that the farming and ranching families is the heart of their business.
Fun Workplace but lacking organization
The people are friendly and fun. The atmosphere is light and not stuffy. The schedules are flexible and this company really knows how to treat their employees. However, the team I work on needs better organization and procedures to make working here easier to learn the day to day job duties. I felt kind of "thrown into" my position.

If it wasn't for the great people and genuine care for other employees I probably would have already left.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Free Snacks, Professional work environment
Cons
Healthcare benefits, Compensation, organization
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Farm Credit Services of America?
Great Culture
Surrounded by people who care to help you succeed. It is so easy to ask questions and ask for help. Everyone there is excited to see growth in their coworkers.
Do more with less attitude
Did not properly compensate top performers, expected very high level output and invested in employees, but did not value them. Always looking for greater and greater performance with no rewards for achieving and exceeding goals.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, difficult workplace culture
Best place to work
Stress free environment, friendly co workers, lots of free drink options(coffee, tea, pop, etc).

Flexible hours and days off.

Paid holidays.

Plenty of sick and vacation leave time given, even to new employees
Good old boys club
Great mission, very poor senior management. Training is trial and error. If you do not work in the main office do not plan on advancement. Salary does not match job skills.
Salt of the earth coworkers, the majority grew up on farms
My first accounting job fresh out of accounting school. I would probably still be there if the main office had not been moved to southern Minnesota. I was able to back up all the cashiers in the branches as well as the IT person who ran the daily reports, the Accounts Payable person and the Accounting Officer. The importance of cross training was a big part of my time there and I loved it.
Pros
Cross Training and great benefits
Cons
After I was there seven years, the main office (Accounting department) got moved to southern Minnesota
Good company to work for.
Good people. Staff and customers are very good to work with. Formal training program and opportunity for advancement if willing to relocate. The company works hard to provide good customer service.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Company is at risk of market swings in agriculture.
Fun place to work, clicky
It was a great place to work. Some changes that were made didn't help out employees who had been recently hired. Great pay, great time off. Some times you are left in the dark about things that are changing with the company.
no comment
Its a very good company to work for, they treat their employees well, they are experts in financing for farms, agriculture and new farmers, must be an expert in Agriculture to fit in,
Excellent work environment!
FCSA has a reputation for it's amazing culture and exceeds all expectations. Work/life balance allows for a productive environment with the flexibility needed in today's world. Management is very approachable and leadership values input from all team members. Personal and professional growth is encouraged. A great place to work.
Pros
Every day is a food day somewhere
Cons
parking
Financial institution for farmers
Enjoyed working with farmers every day and gave me a better understanding of what the farmers had to financially deal with on a daily basis on their farms.
Pros
Working with farmers
Cons
Office environment
Excellent work environment and facilities
Engaging/committed employees. Top Notch Leadership. Treated as a team member not as an outsider with temporary status. Regrettably contract ended....
Pros
Facilities and work environment
Cons
Contract assignment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farm Credit Services of America. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2