Farm Credit Services of America Employee Reviews

Great Culture
User Experience Designer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 19, 2018
Surrounded by people who care to help you succeed. It is so easy to ask questions and ask for help. Everyone there is excited to see growth in their coworkers.
Do more with less attitude
Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phelps, NYNovember 30, 2018
Did not properly compensate top performers, expected very high level output and invested in employees, but did not value them. Always looking for greater and greater performance with no rewards for achieving and exceeding goals.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, difficult workplace culture
Best place to work
IT Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 20, 2018
Stress free environment, friendly co workers, lots of free drink options(coffee, tea, pop, etc).

Flexible hours and days off.

Paid holidays.

Plenty of sick and vacation leave time given, even to new employees
Good old boys club
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHOctober 1, 2018
Great mission, very poor senior management. Training is trial and error. If you do not work in the main office do not plan on advancement. Salary does not match job skills.
Salt of the earth coworkers, the majority grew up on farms
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 11, 2018
My first accounting job fresh out of accounting school. I would probably still be there if the main office had not been moved to southern Minnesota. I was able to back up all the cashiers in the branches as well as the IT person who ran the daily reports, the Accounts Payable person and the Accounting Officer. The importance of cross training was a big part of my time there and I loved it.
Pros
Cross Training and great benefits
Cons
After I was there seven years, the main office (Accounting department) got moved to southern Minnesota
Good company to work for.
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 3, 2018
Good people. Staff and customers are very good to work with. Formal training program and opportunity for advancement if willing to relocate. The company works hard to provide good customer service.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Company is at risk of market swings in agriculture.
Fun place to work, clicky
Sales Team (Former Employee) –  South DakotaMay 21, 2018
It was a great place to work. Some changes that were made didn't help out employees who had been recently hired. Great pay, great time off. Some times you are left in the dark about things that are changing with the company.
no comment
Credit Analyst, AgDirect (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 12, 2018
Its a very good company to work for, they treat their employees well, they are experts in financing for farms, agriculture and new farmers, must be an expert in Agriculture to fit in,
Excellent work environment!
CREDIT REVIEW SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2018
FCSA has a reputation for it's amazing culture and exceeds all expectations. Work/life balance allows for a productive environment with the flexibility needed in today's world. Management is very approachable and leadership values input from all team members. Personal and professional growth is encouraged. A great place to work.
Pros
Every day is a food day somewhere
Cons
parking
Financial institution for farmers
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILApril 2, 2018
Enjoyed working with farmers every day and gave me a better understanding of what the farmers had to financially deal with on a daily basis on their farms.
Pros
Working with farmers
Cons
Office environment
Excellent work environment and facilities
Database Administrator / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 29, 2018
Engaging/committed employees. Top Notch Leadership. Treated as a team member not as an outsider with temporary status. Regrettably contract ended....
Pros
Facilities and work environment
Cons
Contract assignment
Great Company To Work For
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Hornell, NYJanuary 28, 2018
I served as an intern, and very quickly learned that it is an extremely great company to work for. If you don't mind office work and have enjoy the agriculture industry this is an amazing place to work
Pros
work-life balance, compensation, benefits
Cons
lots of time in an office
Great place to work as contractor
Contractor (Current Employee) –  5015 S 118th St, Omaha, NE 68137December 9, 2017
Inviting and welcoming staff. Allowed me to work with a considerable amount of autonomy. Everyone appeared to be happy to come to work. Great benefits if your lucky enough to land a full-time position.
Pros
Location and facility very nice
Cons
No opportunities for full-time employment within the department I was supporting.
Very relaxed atmosphere
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 16, 2017
I started at the bottom and worked my way up the ladder to as high as I could go in my expertise. I had wonderful supervisors. Pay was good along with benefits.
Pros
Plenty of paid time off, wonderful people, great opportunity
Fun Place to Work
Lead Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 7, 2017
Farm Credit Services of America is a nice place to work the cutlure is good and maintaing a Work/Life balance is very important to the company. Beautiful campus with lots of technology and contemporary work spaces
Pros
Free Pop
Productive place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 4, 2017
Had a good place to work and enjoyed the people,Good working conditions and wanted to grow.Worked in place where couldnt grow and had to move.Made an offer couldnt refuse at thetime
One of Omaha's Best Places To Work
Crop Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 12, 2017
FCSA has been in the top 5 of Omaha's Best Places to Work for the last at least 5 years. The culture is great. The Work/Life balance is fantastic and even encouraged.
Highly productive
Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, IASeptember 11, 2017
I was able to further my career and learn a lot while working there. They offer classes to further your career. Management dictates who gets to further their career based on who you are and who has the right "look" for the position. Culture of the company was good. The hardest part of my job was not having enough help to complete all tasks required. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers.
Pros
Occasional lunches
Cons
Management not willing to deal with everybody on a fair and consistent level
Crop Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 11, 2017
Farm Credit Services of America is a great place to work in Omaha. I enjoyed my time there and the incredible benefits that they offer. Work/Life balance is very important to the company.
Yes when I started we did have a ping pong table, great employee engagment.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  3100 10th St SW, Minot, ND 58701May 4, 2017
Gathered files for Real Estate purchases and refinancing. Worked with abstracts for land description and forwarded on for update and title work. Problem solved necessary issues to reach closing of sale or refinance. Processed documents for clients signatures and disbursement of proceeds and recording of documents.
Pros
Always regarding employees with logo clothing had great employee events with positive engagement .
Cons
Management not always willing to be open minded with various situations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farm Credit Services of America. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4