Farm Fresh to You

Farm Fresh to You Employee Reviews

United States76 reviews
Working To Improve Retirement
I seek a position as a Truck driver. I have 10 years of experience in truck driving, with my knowledge of routes throughout the greater Sacramento area and the United States. I have the key elements to provide a company with excellent service and contribute to further success for the company and further success for myself.

I enjoy my job because of the free will to be able to manage and multitask on the job to help others in need.
Terrible
Incredibly disorganized and irresponsible management. They don’t care about their employees OR their customers. All they want is $$$. They don’t plan ahead and seem to only address issues when it’s coming to a head. The pay can be pretty good... but in order to see that good pay you have to endure long hours of hard work that is constantly interrupted by the company’s incompetence. They do very little to actually support their employees so if you’re concerned about being treated well, i would look elsewhere.
Fun experience with creative team
They just couldn't offer me the salary I needed. Great learning skills here though. The team leaders are really flexible and enjoyable to work with. You can easily set your own hours.
Very nice people with a belief in the company's mission
Surprisingly, sales proved to be a challenge for me in a way I did not expect. I know my produce inside and out - how its farmed, the types and their varietals, where they grow, how they're grown, from what part of the world they're from and how to eat, cook, prepare and store, but this knowledge seemed inconsequential to the sales pitch. People wanted value and quality and due to the drought years, re-subscribing former customers proved to be more challenging than expected. My numbers were not good and I had to depart a very good company. No hard feelings, though. I didn't make the grade
Fun & Earth Friendly
You start with a fun and motivating morning meeting. Including games and staff building exercises. Then planing of the days sales map. I learned that you can work hard and still have fun.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Fun work environment, great cause, great mission, a sense of purpose
Farm Fresh To You was a great experience. Changing the food system and supporting a local organic farm gave me a great sense of purpose. For a small local farm, Farm Fresh has good benefits, matching 401K plan that I took advantage of and an uncapped earning potential. I made my own paycheck based on my needs. The best part of the job is learning to sell organic produce and interacting/educating people about the company and what they are supporting with signing up with Farm Fresh.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, uncapped commission potential, supportive managment
Cons
Sometimes the events you are assigned to are slow
Don't
Door-to-door in 2019? Not really feelin it. Events were pretty cool, potential customers come to you instead of the inverse. Canvassing is an antiquated practice.
Pros
Discount on groceries
Fake interviews, do not apply here
I was invited to a meet and greet/interview a few days after applying. Showed up on time with about 8 other people that were told the same thing. 40 minutes passed and nobody from Farm Fresh to You showed up or even replied to any calls or emails. Their office looked closed down. Once we realized no one was coming we all left. Some people had driven 1.5 hours for a fake job. Very unprofessional, this company is likely a scam. DO NOT APPLY HERE.
Pros
Cons
Fake interview invites, unresponsive.
Good company, bad management.
The overall job is okay. Some areas are more difficult than others,some routes are in the city,others, in rural areas and can be quite difficult to locating homes.
Pros
You work at night, so there's no traffic to deal with
Cons
Management only cares about it's bottom line.
Bad lead
This place was super chill to work.... But the pay was horrible,they work you like a dog and my lead he was so unmovating. Left me with tons of work while he sat down in the office playing pokemon go.. Plus his attitude stinks.. Management know the the shipping lead is horrible still kept him.. Had to quit no teamwork everyman for himself
Na
It was an okay environment. Management needs a revamp and training. Commute got to be too much, looking for something closer to home. Learned a lot while there.
Decent Job
Learned a lot and was managed well. A lot of issues but nothing that wasn't able to overcome. Had some good times and general work when all the team did their parts was satisfying.
excellent customer service and team culture
Managers do an excellent job at building a team culture and confidence that employees will perform their job without supervision.
A typical day consists of calling past customers and finding out why they had discontinued their service and informing them of changes and current specials. Customers had the option of renewing their contract. We would walk them through the process and setting up delivery schedule. We had an hour lunch and breaks were unsupervised. There was always fresh coffee and other beverages and of course fresh fruit. It was a safe and relaxing atmosphere. Enjoyed my time working for this company.
Fulfilling Work, but only for a very specific kind of person
I worked as a delivery driver, and I loved this job. I loved driving at night, I loved the isolation, and I loved the simple physical work.
Unfortunately, this cannot be said for everyone who wishes to work there, I always said you have to be a very specific kind of person to be successful at this job, you have to be a night person, you have to be okay with being alone for 7+ hours at a time, but you also have to have a team mentality. You also have to have an open schedule, because although you only work 4 days a week, you can expect your hours to be so long, you have to dedicate 100% of those days to work and sleep.

By far, the worst part about this job for me was the co-workers, due to it being a job for such a specific type of person, a lot of people don't enjoy this work, and don't pull their weight, maybe it was just the hub that I worked out of, but you're going to have to pick up other peoples' slack, or just deal with their incompetence. Turn-over rates are pretty high.

Rainy season was also a tough time, although the company does provide fairy good rain jackets.

If you expect to keep yourself up with coffee or energy drinks, if you're someone who needs to talk to people all the time, or if you're raising a family, going to college, etc., then this job will not work out for you.
Pros
Driving at night
Cons
Co-workers; the elements
Misleading Advertisement
The job posting listed here gives the position as a "farm ambassador", which admittedly drew me in. Once I was hired, though, my position was "outside sales rep", which definitely wouldn't draw as many people in. The salary information is very misleading--first off, Farm Fresh pays hourly. If a sales rep does not make quota (15 sales per week), they are paid $11.50 per hour ($460 per 40-hour workweek). If they do make quota, they are paid $40 per sale (a minimum of $600 per week). The minimum salary listed in this job posting, $40k per year, would require a sales rep to make 19-20 sales per week.

Turnover rate for sales reps is extraordinarily high, enough that my co-workers and I would take bets on how long each new hire would last. Most new hires, upon finding out what the job actually entailed, quit within two weeks. Even my co-workers who had stayed for longer than a month admitted that the job posting was intentionally misleading, and wouldn't have taken the job if they knew what they were getting into.

The management of the San Francisco branch (I can't speak for the other branches) was shoddy at best, with insufficient communication between the manager and sales reps. My first day of work was the same as the new manager's first day in his position; none of my new co-workers knew about the change in management until the new manager walked in (late, I might add) and explained the situation. We would not find out where we were canvassing until the day of, or even whether we would be going door-to-door or tabling. The training given was not very thorough; it seemed
 - more...
Great management, poor location, challenging job
There are many challenges to working outside, with a van, and with equipment as a driver for FF2U, but the employees work as a team, and the management do their best to make sure everyone is happy and has what they need.
Pros
4 shifts per week, 3 days off, Nigh time so very few drivers in the way
Cons
Battling sleepiness, the elements, equipment issues, and need to still be quick
Disorganized
Company very disorganized. Upper management berated staff. Constantly being asked to do things last minute and upset when doesn’t meet expectations. Management quick to replace staff rather than promote and train.
Pros
Great boss till he left for another company
Cons
Stressful; horrible work life balance
It was a unique place to work, but loved the culture of organic
Not accepting the whole big picture of Safety. They wanted the bare minimum of safety to squeak by. Injuries were to high, try to get owners, managers to understand injuries are not what you want your company known by.
It was a great experience. I got to know myself a lot. But it is extremely competitive.
Extremely competitive. Not the best training before hand for door to door sales. But most commission based pay is. Management was great and professional. They appreciate their employees.
Farm Fresh To You is fun, exciting and personally rewarding for the right person
FFTY is fun! Attending events, selling subscriptions for local organic farm CSAs can be rewarding. Mgmt's great! Door2door's tough, commission-based.
Pros
Great managers, respectable product
Cons
Commission-based, door2door sales
Horsepoop
This place is horrible! Illegal pay. Illegal work. They will take you to random areas to knock doors where a permit is required but they will refuse to get one. If you ask if there is one in order you get told to do your job and to not worry about their job! They pay you commission, yet do not allow you to take breaks and you are stuck in a designated spot. Which means they must pay min wage or commission. Very illegal. Your manager that drives you around is either intoxicated or high...which know one seems to care. This is when your mamager actually shows up to work! They do not care if you are uncomfortable in the area you dropped off in and will leave you in very dangerous ares if you like it or not and will not pick you up.

Pay...They will cut your checks. Had to seek legal help to get full amount of owed check. Was short $600.

Horrible job. Run away! RUN!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farm Fresh to You. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7