Farm Fresh to You Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJuly 12, 2018
Management team was very supportive, was able to advance within the department. Customer Service team worked well together, everyone was so helpful, really felt apart of a team.
Pros
Produce Fridays, small bonuses for retaining customers
door to door sales
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2018
A lot of patience for sales and constant rejection, but happy environment with co workers. Not for those with thin skin. Outdoor constantly across your region.
Pros
flexible breaks when you want.
Cons
tough quota
Door to Door
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92806May 3, 2018
Commission based pay, with your only incentive being a quota and your paycheck. Morning meetings to "pump you up" and practice pitches. Management's job was to inspire a positive mental attitude for the sales team, and to help guide the sales team in an "Always be closing" way of thinking. Door to door is not for everybody, it's highly stressful unless you've been in sales before or have a rock-steady demeanor. It was definitely an eye opener into sales and how a customer thinks at the door, and outside of it.
Pros
They drive, get to be outdoors, exercise
Cons
commission base pay, working boring events
Unsafe and unhealthy work environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 24, 2018
Pay at farm fresh Is horrible. Worst place I’ve ever worked at. Management does not take criticism and advice from employees seriously. Company does not care about the employees safety. Most vehicles weren’t serviced, had bad tires,broken tail lights/headlights and were unfit to be driven. The drivers had to check and fill the oil everyday and fix and or replace headlight/tail lights themselves. Vans were often over loaded and routes were never routed correctly even after countless feedback from drivers on what ways things could have been done better in order to be more productive. The worst thing was delivering in the Santa Cruz mountains with messed up vans, no cell service or gps service in the rain with no proper rain attire provided. I worked over 12hrs on those nights in terrible freezing wet weather conditions. After all that you get to enjoy being stuck in traffic back to the warehouse for over an hr after being up all night. I do not recommend this job to anyone unless you don’t care about your personal safety or care about making a decent pay wage.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Horrible pay, poor management/ unsafe work environment
Needs Major Improvement
Sales (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Management was not helpful until the law had to get involved for misconduct. The workplace became stressful and unmanageable.Customers where the best part of the job.
Good place to work at temporarily
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2017
My experience at FFTY lasted about 6 months and then I had to go. The overnight deliveries were catching up to me due to not being used to working overnight and then on top of that I was delivering 70-120 boxes a night 4-5 days a week.
Pros
You work by yourself
Cons
Not enough pay
Great coworkers; poor MGMT
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 19, 2017
Management won't tell you anything straight forward and constantly changing hours. Great coworkers and environment, however. Unfortunately due to quotas many people exaggerate or lie to sell products and survive in company.
Pros
Coworkers, discounts
Cons
Hours(not what listed), management
Good place to work.
Process Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 10, 2017
Farm Fresh To You is a great company to work for. The people are really what creates such positive environment. Company is continuing to grow which represents potential for current and future employees.
I have been working at Farm Fresh To You full-time
ACQUISITION MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 14, 2017
Medium size company, non-stressful environment. Good cross functional interaction between departments. Provided great experience that has helped me to further my career.
Pros
Cons
limited growth potential and budget constraints.
Pizza party was fun.
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 8, 2017
If you like organic foods and like talking about healthy eating with customers then this is a place for you. You must also like the outdoors and setting up tables at different events and occasions.
Slow paced
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 29, 2017
The company didn't pay good at all I was there for years and didn't get the pay I should have and being experienced smallest company I worked for ever
Competitive "Hippies"
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CASeptember 21, 2017
We had a barely-there manager. I suppose he gave more "one on one" time to others, but I never had a sit down with him apart from the interview itself. He was all smiles but not actually helpful as far as I was concerned.
The assistant manager acted like the manager when it came to actually guiding the crew, but when it came down to it even she failed.
They schedule events that are barely appropriate for the company to be a vendor at.
They drive the crew to neighborhoods that are highly questionable, always claiming they have worked there before and did well. Neighborhoods that are too rich or too poor for the service. This job made me appreciate the people with "No Soliciting" signs. It became burdensome to talk to unexpecting people at their own doorsteps. So seldom did I make sales.
Crew members drink instead of canvass if they feel so inclined. They are too competitive and lack humility.
This company is one to forget and not to fall for.
If you don't sell enough, you won't know when you will be next to be fired. They drag it out and tell you you're doing well when you know you are struggling, and then you get fired.
Pros
Most of the work day is spent alone in neighborhoods.
Cons
The coworkers, the job of pushing farm box subscriptions...
Productive and fun work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJuly 24, 2017
A friendly diverse environment. I learned about eating healthier and proper care of produce as well as good sales strategies. We enjoyed alot of spiffs and paid company outings.
Pros
learn about healthier lifestyles
Cons
It's an upbeat and fun place to be working at
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJune 16, 2017
Working at farm fresh to you is an amazing experience to me and learning new things about myself. This job helped me realize that when you do sales, you don't just sales your product, you sales your connection to customers and your fun and friendly personalities. If you enjoy yourself then that would bring light to your customers. What I love about this job is that you can connect to people that you never meet and first time talking to. This job is worth every second being there. The most important thing is that the managers there is so upbeat, friendly, lovely, and most importantly AMAZING.
Management unreliable
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 26, 2017
The management is very unreliable and does not know what he is doing. The pay is low, a bunch of criminals as drivers, and most of all, it was very unsafe driving through the Santa Cruz hills at 3 in the morning.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no lunches, unsafe
Family owned company
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Family owned company, IT department in early stages of development; awesome fruit and vegetables to sample; fairly relaxed environment, small company atmosphere
Great Company Culture
Direct marketing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Direct Marketing in local neighborhoods develops mental toughness and sharpens closing skills. Hosting a booth at a community event event is casual, fun and invigorating for those who enjoy a high level of face to face interaction.

The mission of Farm Fresh To You is admirable and seeks to change the way consumers "shop" for produce as the consumer is invited to support small family owned organic farms.
Pros
Talking to people. Attending community events free of charge.
Cons
Inclement weather impacts amount of work. During winter months and weather, events slow down so less opportunity to earn money.
Love my fellow employees. But need to have a opportunity for company advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CASeptember 14, 2016
A typical day at work is assisting irrate customer's with their complaints and assisting in billing issues and retaining customers from canceling their service. It's a challenge on a daily basis to work for this company. I would say need more management structure. Management should be more hands on with each individual employee who requires further assistance in performing daily work load.

Working for this company I have learned more about produce that I never knew exsisted.

I enjoy very much my fellow coworkers I work with.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Medical coverage
Farm fresh to you
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 11, 2016
Conduct and coordinate benefit orientations and distribute materials and other training as needed.
• Participates on various committees to provide HR support and to monitor activities and completion of goals.
• Performed general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
Pros
na
Cons
Na
Great Schedule
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAMay 11, 2016
If You like working in customer service, its one of the best. Great schedule and always off Weekends. You drive and deliver all night to customers home.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Horrible management team