Farm Fresh Employee Reviews

N/a
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 22, 2018
Great place to work nice staff and management team sadly farm fresh is no more but i would do it all over again customers and service amazing great pay and hours
Overall excellent job opportunity
Assistant Manager Starbucks (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAJune 11, 2018
I worked for 10 years and enjoyed the customers as well as the employees. I started in 2008 as a barista at Starbucks. After 2 years I advanced to the assistant manager at Starbucks. Everyone felt like family there.
Decent place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 9, 2018
I loved working at farm fresh, I would still be there if it still existed. Room for advancement and usually plenty of work hours available. Sadly, they didn't give us plenty of notice of job ending, in my opinion.
doors closed
CSR (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23454June 6, 2018
Started as a great company but went down over the years. On your feet 8 hours. There are times when no one is there to cover your break, You are also left to run a whole department alone.
My Best Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 31, 2018
I loved working at Farm Fresh, I loved management and my co-workers. The place was always busy. I loved everything about working there. I'm really sad they closed.
Pros
The Deli, Discount, everything
A very productive and professional work place
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 30, 2018
when i usually worked often times i worked alone, i learned how to work faster and efficiently. the workplace culture was great, nice employees, and customers. the hardest part for me was how cold it was being asthmatic i was in the hospital a few times. The most enjoyable part was how friendly everyone was.
Pros
weekly pay, discounts.
Cons
cold, gets sick easily.
Good start, bitter finish.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 26, 2018
Pay is fair, department supervisors are willing to go above and beyond to help the employees but are stretched very thin and are overly stressed, in need of a good leader. The employee morale is very low, there aren't any benefits because even though you will work full time hours (35+hrs) they will not offer benefits and label you as part time. Equipment needed to do a complete thorough is scarce or non existent. Extreme lack of communication all around and team work really is not evident other then department supervisors trying to do everything when they should be able to delegate to others and not just one employee.
Pros
2 breaks, depending on hours
Cons
No benefits
Laid off
Store chef (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 21, 2018
They sold the company and everyone was laid off. The pay wasn’t great and I never received my benefits. They basically left devoted workers out to dry upon selling the company
customer service
Customer Service, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 18, 2018
great chicken it had a great deli they closed the stores without any notice to the employee and didn't offer any other beniftis for the employees that
Fun Temporary Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Highlandville, MOMay 12, 2018
The job was okay overall. Long hours, hot environment, and odd customers added to the stresses of the job. The other employees were great. The time spent there was fun overall.
Overall great place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 11, 2018
Farm Fresh was a nice place to work at. As long as it was open, it was ran to a very high, professional rate. If I could, I'd go back & work for Farm Fresh again. Management knew what they were doing. Everyone was really friendly & helped when they could or when they were needed, etc. Farm Fresh was an excellent place, it's sad they are now closed in Virginia Beach.
Pros
Friendly environment, good starting pay, great management.
Cons
short breaks.
Great Place.Why are they closing?
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VAMay 10, 2018
Great place to work. It is now closing because of the many grocery stores in area. They let me keep my job when I caught an auto immune disease and had to hospital in Richmond a lot. VCU
Pros
chicken
Cons
they are closing.
I enjoyed my customers and most of my coworkers
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed working in the Bakery. It always made my day when a customer would tell me how much they liked a product that I had made for them. I learned more computer skills, inventory, ordering product and how to make the donuts.
Pros
the Benefits, the people
Cons
working weekends alone
Farm Fresh
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  W 21stMay 8, 2018
Very unprofessional work place (21st) employees were rude and self absorbed. The customers were not their main priority instead they were worried about what the next person was doing.
farm fresh was a great company to work for before supervalu took completely over
HHB Manager (Current Employee) –  4001 va beach blvdMay 7, 2018
home office management needed to stand up for our company. we were a great company 10 years ago and it went down hill over the last 5 years. we needed better ads and more competitive prices. more help in the stores. we need more people to listen to our ideas.
Pros
i loved the people i worked with and our customers
Cons
the health insurance could have been better
Productive and a great place to work.
General Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 3, 2018
Farm fresh offered the best customer service training. Farm fresh was involved in the community and supported local businesses. We learned how to give back and provided great service to our customers
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Broken communication chain
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 2, 2018
I love to work there it was easy to get along with everyone there. The job had some challenging days but nothing I couldn’t handle. Over all it was fun and cheering
Pros
Break room
Cons
Not getting off on time
Productive workplace
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 26, 2018
All fellow employees worked as a team and would assist each other when anyone was in need of help. Employees were also quick to help customers whenever help was needed
Opportunity for advancement
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 26, 2018
Farm Fresh is an Equal Opportunity employer. Wonderful company to work for during my tenor here. Farm Fresh has given me room to grow and a chance to advance as an HR Specialist.
the job was too stressful
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 25, 2018
no one knew how to do anything at that place, and the management was terrible. Everyone slacked and relied on others to do there jobs for them. Nothing was done if you weren't constantly watching over people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farm Fresh. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight