Farm Sanctuary Employee Reviews

Admistrative
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watkins Glen, NYJuly 28, 2018
I enjoyed working there for 14 years there was some really nice coworkers hours were wonderful and at that time pay was ok benefits were great and had a 403 b that they matched
Pros
Close to home enjoyed my job
Hard work
Farm Assistant (Former Employee) –  watkins glen, nyMay 29, 2018
Cleaning barns is hard work and it is very tiring. It is a vegan community so you can't bring any animal products onto the property. Everyone there is very nice
Pros
There were a lot of tasty vegan treats and gifts for holidays
Cons
Easily injured
Hard work and lots of fun!
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Watkins Glen, NYJune 30, 2017
Living onsite as an intern at Farm Sanctuary was one of the most fulfilling jobs I have ever held. It was often so hard that I could barely move at the end of a hard workday. However, the satisfaction and happiness that came with that hard work and the knowledge I retained about the inner workings of a successful non-profit organization was truly pivotal.
On-hands experience with animals, big and small
Shelter Project Intern (Former Employee) –  Orland, CAJune 26, 2017
At Farm Sanctuary, I was able to learn about farm and livestock animals. I learned how to do health checks on multiple animals, as well as being responsible for cleaning kennels and barns, and feeding. The animals taught me compassion and selflessness, and I was taught the intense responsibility of taking care of each individual animal.
Pros
Free housing, able to interact with the animals completely
Cons
Unpaid, hard physical labor at times
Social Media Intern
Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  OnlineOctober 2, 2016
I loved this internship! I worked from 11am-4pm each day from home (this is an online internship). At least once a week I would have a check in call from my manager to talk things over, discuss new projects, receive feedback etc.

I enjoyed the guidelines but ultimate freedom to get projects done the way I wanted. Projects and day to day tasks were of direct benefit to Farm Sanctuary which felt awesome!

Learned lots of useful tools and skills that have been applicable to my own non profits organizations and I really enjoyed this experience.
Your typical non-profit
DATABASE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Watkins Glen, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Your career stops here. Prepare to struggle financially. If you are not completely devoted to the ideology of the company and thus don't mind not making any money or advancing you will enjoy working here. Otherwise if you are older than 25 and need to depend on working here for a career and financial stability move on.