Farmers Home Furniture Employee Reviews

Was not my ideal place of employment
Collector, produce contracts (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GA 31730August 13, 2018
Overworked, and pay sucked. I learned that no matter how hard you work, that someone else will always get credit for your work. I was always told to do more, while everyone else was doing their own thing.
Loved it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, TNAugust 10, 2018
Great and wonderful company to work for. The management is great! They provide plenty of training and opportunity’s for their employees! It’s 100% commission based!
Pros
Plenty of training
Cons
Commission only
Keep going to the next workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNAugust 7, 2018
I worked at Farmer’s in Springfield, TN for 3 months and the company was unable to keep staff throughout the store. The management was poor and unprofessional. They want warehouse workers to keep their pay a secret from other co-workers. This place has a poor work environment.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Going to work
Ok sum what
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALAugust 6, 2018
Kool place to work n has a little bad work condition can be improved but it's a screwed world things happen and people say they have to follow orders.
Pros
Lot of over time
Cons
Don't hire felons
Very standard office job
Collector (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALAugust 1, 2018
At Farmer's, the work days are slow paced, but the people you work with are great. Management is competent, and there are plenty of training opportunities for employees that want to advance.
Its an ok enviroment
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJuly 31, 2018
Teach good customer service and you get to deal with other people and it's a family owned company also it not the same thing everyday so it anyways a different experience.
overall a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 25, 2018
I enjoyed working here and learned a lot of product knowledge. I enjoyed the work atmosphere. I was the top sales person for five years. i established personal relationships with many of my customers.
Pros
esop and insurance
Cons
no paid training
great place to work great management team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAJuly 19, 2018
Loved the atmosphere great employees to work with great management team. The store hours were great for a family life. Make a good income weekly. Great place to work.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
compensation
Not recommended
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 17, 2018
Excellent Company but exhausting upper management. You can't do anything except their way. Salaried but plan on working 60+ a week. No praise and no encouragement. Constantly threatened about keeping your job. Alabama area is where I'm referring. Most enjoyable was being closed on Sunday. This company has a good vision but needs to treat employees better, at least in Alabama.
Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 14, 2018
Working in the warehouse and stocking and unloading, you had to be strong and be able to lift up heavy objects and take them into a persons home, and you also had know how read the ski numbers when unloading the trucks.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 9, 2018
Enjoyable workplace. Not fond of commission based pay based on delivered sales, not sales. Careful explanation of what was expected for employment. Pay structure could be altered.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No benefits, pay should be base plus commission
nice experance
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJuly 3, 2018
I loved working here. If I could go back I would its a very friendly and fun work environment. getting to step pout of my comfort zone and help others was fun and nice experience. My only reason for leaving was because I need a steady paycheck where I knew all my bills would be paid on time.
Knowledge
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Valley, ALJune 25, 2018
The only good thing that came from this job for me was learning about the business, types of structures that the furniture is made of, fabric types, and which ones to stay away from. I also learned the "art" of making sales...which is good to know, but I would like to put that knowledge towards a more respectable business.
Pros
plenty of breaks
Cons
benefits, pay, and sales commission is handled in an unprofessional and biased manner.
fun life
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 20, 2018
Grate place to work . people are nice . job hours are 8am on truck days till 9pm on late nights. have to knock on customers doors and go to there jobs .
I HATE Farmer's as a work place!!!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALJune 19, 2018
I was a delivery driver there for like 15 months, the pay was horrible, starting pay was $9 and for your year anniversary you get a 0.27 raise an my then supervisor told me that we were getting paid too much! Everybody was complaining about the job. SAVE YOURSELF and PASS BY FARMER'S IF LOOKING FOR A JOB!!
Pros
Leaving Farmer's everyday
Cons
Having to come to Farmer's everyday
Good company to work for.
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 18, 2018
I have learned a lot whiling working for Farmer's. I enjoy going to work every day. You to meet people from many difference place. I would highly recommend this company.
This is part-time. I would like full time.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJune 17, 2018
The company is fair and helpful. I do not like commission work, nor the part-time status. I would prefer to work Monday through Friday, preferrably day shift.
Horrible Management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 9, 2018
It's been a while since working there however it is still the same working conditions. This specific location is very money hungry, so if you work here as a sales consultant, you better be making your quota or you're fired in three months! The manager doesn't have to fire you, but instead of working with you to help you improve in the areas where you lack, they'd rather fire you and keep rehiring somebody else. They micromanage you, and are quick to get rid of you when your performance drops. They barely train and inform their employees of important need to information, such as product knowledge. They are also skeptical about promoting from in job, I worked with a gentleman, who had been there five years and hasn't been promoted at least once. Even feel like sometimes the manager was biased and racist a little. .
Pros
Benefits and a hour lunch
Cons
micromanaged, bias, maybe racist
I've been there 3 months.
Sales, Collections, Credit (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 27, 2018
Too early to say. I have been given opportunities to advance my career. Good boss. At this point, it seems I have been recognized for the good things I have done and continue to do.
Pros
Possible opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Pay
A laid back job. Everyone jokes around when you have down time
Bookkeeper/Office Assistant/Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 21, 2018
The Management was really good. training was very good. The only thing is, they will put as many jobs on you if you can handle it. If you work Collections then you will work 12 hour shifts. And have to call 30 to 60 people a hour.
Pros
laid back. 40 hours a week or more.
Cons
work holidays and work late nights.