Farmers Home Furniture Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the enviroment and workspace
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Millen, GAApril 17, 2019
A great place to work and meet new people. They are able to work with your personal life to provide the best experience. Its a great job to have when times are tough.
This place is a joke
Warehouse Associate/Driver (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAApril 12, 2019
Management sucks liquita and trey are the best workers at that place hands down both the best people you can ever meet if ur looking to work like a slave this is ur job
All a scam
Collector (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 2, 2019
Long story short, I was never paid the money I worked for. I emailed the manager himself and he never replied. Nothing but a scam. Never working here again.
Cons
No pay, no benefits
A very cool and relaxed place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAMarch 24, 2019
Due to the amount of work you are required to do the pay should be an increase but other than that the other staff and co workers are usually easy to get along with.
Pros
Great environment, meet new people
Cons
Low pay
Heavy lifting
Assembler/delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Toccoa, GAMarch 23, 2019
Its a furniture store so unless your a sales person you'll be lifting insanely heavy furniture. Bad lifting can get you or your partner hurt. fast pace.
Pros
easy weight loss and strength gains
Cons
heavy lifting
Horrible company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 22, 2019
Farmers used to be a good company until the ESOP came into play. It made the executive staff wealthy. A few of them are getting close to retirement age and they got greedy. All this did was add stress to the stores and the managers. We had unrealistic goals and this added even more stress. Definitely agree with most of the bad reviews I read. Run, run, run.
Pros
Cons
Hours, pay.
Will abuse your abilities until they don’t need you anymore
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  All over AlabamaMarch 19, 2019
Worked for this company for 9 month 8 of those months I was on the road going to stores that were lost cause and trying to fix them. Long hours hard work but you will still be held responsible for the previous management screw ups no help from your trainers at all. Will take forever for you to get your mileage and food reimbursement back then they nickel and dime you in that as well. Company does not care about associates especially if you are sent to a store in need your needs no longer matter. They knew the day they hired me I would not relocate promised me I would not have to then told me my position was cancelled because they could not keep their word. I have been in management for well over 15 years and I have never been treated the way I was treated here just awful. Do not do it unless you are ok with being a slave until the find another use for you.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Everything about this company is a con
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 11, 2019
Do your job.. and everything will be okay. Everyone works as a team to help the numbers rise not fall. With the right team there won’t be very many late nights. It was very hard to leave store 137
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
May have to work late
Very unorganized and young girls try to manager and manager lets them
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAFebruary 28, 2019
Management to close to girls that work there. Right hand does not know what left hand doing and girls know nothing about the calling of past dues her correct way to do it.
It's a good place to work if you want to work more hours than you should and get paid less
Credit manger (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCFebruary 22, 2019
I have worked here for over a year and I was moved from collector to credit manger I was told I would not get paid salary until Two weeks I worked over one hundred hours in two weeks and was paid salary things happen and you don't know until after what is going on
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Short breaks hardly no lunches underpaid
Run
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALFebruary 22, 2019
They will work you to death on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays. Not uncommon to go in at 8am and not be off til 8 or 9pm. Then give you a day off like a Tuesday and send you home early on Mondays and Wednesdays to save from having to pay you overtime. No kind of rotation of weekends so you can have one off every now and then. Manager was not capable and one who got hateful and panicked when it got hectic. Oh not to mention we focused on customers in the worst neighborhoods in town and they exploited people with easy credit terms with terrible high interest. Basically Farmers is about 1 step above rental furniture store. Cheap Furniture.
Pros
Its a job I guess
Cons
everything else
Stay away
Collections, customer service (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, GAFebruary 4, 2019
Loved the job, hated the no benefits.and low pay for risking my life for collections, worked 40 plus hours but was labeled part time and my yr came uo a 10 cent raise was all that was offered. We were pitted against each other, i did the cresit managers job cause we didn't have one. I was disclosing contracts without signing them with clients. Farmers furniture needs to get it together.
Pros
Awsome lunch breaks
Cons
No pay, dangerous job
Loved Working there
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALJanuary 30, 2019
Even though I only got to work there a month ( I was in a four-wheeler wreck and wasn't able to continue to work there due to pain). But am better now thankfully.
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ALJanuary 10, 2019
Farmers is a great place to work, I learn something new everyday. The hardest part of the job is delivering furniture. Most enjoyable is dealing with my customers and competing against other stores, to see who has and who can get to the lowest delinquent accounts.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Awful workplace
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Clanton, ALJanuary 10, 2019
Farmers is the worst company I have worked for, they make you work 40+ hours for limited pay! And the have no respect for their employees or the fact that they have families!
Pros
Furniture discounts
Cons
Excessive hours
we are a employee owned company
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Arab, ALJanuary 8, 2019
There are many pros and cons with this company. I loved my job while I was with this company, however, it seemed there was always some kind of agenda in everything that was done, When push came to shove the only person you could count on was yourself.
Terrible company to work for
Collector (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 8, 2019
Nothing is fair at this place. I've been with the company 4.5 years, hoping for better every day. Annual raises are only 3% (which equals about 25 to 35 cents total). Training is available constantly but no one ever gets trained properly. My manager has been with the company for 5+ years and I can do better at his job than he can because he was never trained right. Many managers are just sales associates taken from the sales floor and thrown into an office with absolutely zero training at all. Bonuses are unachievable. Then you are expected to go out knocking on doors for payments in sketchy areas. The good parts of the job are some of the other employees and some of the good customers. I'll never recommend anyone to work for Farmers.
Pros
1 hr lunch break, health benefits, 5 major holidays paid/off
Cons
Hours, pay, management
Worst place to work
Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 6, 2018
Do not apply. This company is evil. They punish the collectors for people not paying their bills by making them work extra late nights. This company will make you have a nervous breakdown. Their open door policy is a joke. Everyone at corporate backs the managers no matter what they do wrong. They actually believe in creating a hostile work environment. Worst company I ever worked for in my life.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Too many to name
nice place with great people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCNovember 20, 2018
i truly did enjoy working for the company, coworkers were nice, manager was a great person, very fair and reasonable, i would deffiently recomend the job to anyone looking for a small part time job that is good at selling.
A good place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lyons, GANovember 13, 2018
Good place to work great environment. Got good customers always funny. The people I work with are great and always willing to help. Learn how to put different things together and team work is really a good thing here as well.
Pros
Great co workers