Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 3,558 reviews matching the search See all 3,595 reviews
good company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, MIOctober 22, 2018
Very fast pace. Ton of training and wiilinginess to work with you to be the best. incentives for employees and eager to help one another. good environment for working.
Great experience
Customer Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2018
Professional and caring to each and every client Great agent/owner to work for and enjoyed my time working there. Good people and taught me more to o ow about the insurance business.
Pros
Fun atmosphere and enjoyed it.
Your role in Farmers Direct Services
Service Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, MIOctober 20, 2018
This will not be a petty /venting review, more so a forewarning. I and many others hated this position. However, some actually loved it. It depends on your personality, I think.

I do want to first point out, Farmers Insurance is a pretty good company. I honestly believe that. For example, the pay was decent (although they lowered the pay compared to previous new hires), they match 401k contributions up to 6%, and they do spend a lot of money towards your training and even the working atmosphere (i.e. building).

I worked in Farmers Direct Services (FDS), a call center position in personal home, auto, and a little bit of umbrella insurance. I personally suffer social anxiety and this was not a position for me. However, over the past year, I had to force myself to get over it (and Xanex became my new friend). Also, a lot of people on my team, including myself, were on anti-depressants, if that does not say enough.

Not only does FDS require, of course, constant speaking to customers and agents, but you are always under a timer. From the point of logging in until logging out, you always need to be an "AUX code." This is how they record how long you are on a call, take after a call, are on your break, and even how long you are in the bathroom. You get 10 minutes per day of "personal time" (bathroom time). Drink a lot of water? Too bad, your bi-weekly review will have a report on if you went over your daily limit. You must always follow your scheduled AUX setting.

You need 12 minutes of AHT (average handle time) or less. This is the point from the incoming call to the
  more... time you go in "ready" to take the next call. AHT includes "after call work" (ACW), which should be at or under 2.5 minutes. That is the time you may need after ending a call and before going back into ready.

Some calls, including the ACW, may take 5 minutes. Other calls may take 50 minutes. As long as they average around 12 minutes, you will be fine. Farmers may be desperate for more FDS employees, but they will not take that in consideration when terminating you for having CONTINUOUS 15 minute AHT (note, "continuous").

You must offer the best customer service possible, but you need to cut corners in order to keep your time down. Of course, all calls are recorded and may be monitored later or live to judge how you are doing.

I could keep going, but I think I covered the most important aspects of the job. In summary, you need to be tough on the inside. Customers will sometimes be cruel as they cannot put a face to the voice. You will constantly be critiqued for your performance and timing.

I was dead inside. I masked this by a facade of outgoingness over the phone in order to perform well. Every moment I contemplated quitting. However, I am stronger and more well-rounded now. I made it a year there until quitting. 70% of new hires quit or get fired within their first 12 months. Many quit before finishing training.

Let this be a forewarning to you.
Pros
Five free sessions of mental therapy in a 12-month period.
Cons
You may never feel good enough.
Customer Service Rep/P & C Licensed Producer (Current Employee) –  Cicero, ILOctober 19, 2018
Office setting and a great place to work at if you're idea of helping people is always #1. Farmers strives for customer satisfaction and I've handled the worst of claims and had customers happy with ways things were handled not only in our office but behind the scenes as well.
It was amazing
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIOctober 18, 2018
My boss was absolutely fantastic. My boss amazing and very kind. He always paid attention o his employees and made us feel great about ourselves and our jobs
Summary of Employment with Farmers
Specialty Field Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 18, 2018
My employment with Farmers has been great from the beginning until present. The work culture is very laid back and family oriented. Everyone works together as a team to meet performance goals and continue grow together. The job is very demanding, high paced, and can be very stressful on a day to day basis. I have a lot of responsibilities to my insured's, my team, and my leadership staff. The work/life balance is not as good as I hoped it would be but the compensation is very high comparatively which somewhat offsets each other.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, compensation, & team culture
Cons
High pace, high stress, pressure to perform at constant high levels
More pay needed
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 18, 2018
Good job. Slow work. Needed more pay and hours. Had a great boss. Insurance field is not for everyone. Has it's very slow times and if you are not good at cold calling and sales, it is not for you
Changes are in the air
AGENCY OWNER (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALOctober 17, 2018
Farmers is in the middle of making major changes that are leaving the sales force in limbo. As an agent I do not receive the support that was promised, in fact they have outsourced support.

I am looking outside for a more stable position.
Pros
Freedom of schedule
Cons
Not stable
Great company
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 16, 2018
Was a great company to work for with great benefits and job advancement opportunities. Staff were friendly and helpful and job training was ongoing and insightful.
Very Isolated
Agency Business Development (Sales) (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 16, 2018
You have to be able to work on your own. The people you do help on a daily basis makes it worth it though. Management only concerned about company not people.
Good Work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  SeattleOctober 16, 2018
Had a nice work culture and was improving and various aspects.Company is willing to adopt to changes and impart industry standards. Need to do good work with planning.
Worked long hours to try to increase sales.
AGENT/OWNER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 15, 2018
Had health issues which were unexpected and lost agency. Could not maintain 80+ hour weeks. Promised the moon but the actuality was unexpected. Worked hard for over a year, could not find reps who were willing to work hard and lost everything. Love insurance though and helping families protect their assets and lives. Still working in the industry despite the Farmers experience.
Pros
Valid company where you can combine your services.
Cons
Don't earn enough for the time you vest in it.
Wish I still worked there
Inside Sales/Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, WIOctober 15, 2018
I really enjoyed working for my manager, unfortunately, corporate dictated that another person be given my position. I enjoyed having contact with clients and was successful in setting up appointments for my manager
Lots of case files
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2018
Claims rep handles both property and casualty. Case load increased each and every year. Typically handling 30-40 claims each month. for the most part you worked out of your home. claims were faxed to you to set up initial contact with insured or claimant.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
high case load, dealing with angry people
Farmers Insurance Group
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlow, OKOctober 13, 2018
Pros: Opportunity to advance to become insurance agent. Cons: Poor management, inadequate job training, poor compensation and no benefits, low compensation
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  COLORADOOctober 13, 2018
a general property and casualty agent or personal lines property and casualty agent can enjoy carrier opportunities, benefits, pay and a work life balance.
Pros
independence
Cons
changes
Farmers
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Silsbee, TXOctober 11, 2018
Start a Free Quote and Learn More About Farmers ® Policies & What You Can Protect. 24/7 Claims. Flexible Coverage Options. Smart Savings & Discounts. Local Agents. Types: Auto, Home, Renters, Business.
Excellent Career Choice
Farmers Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 11, 2018
Grow your Future. You get back what you put into it. Start at the top and purchase an existing Farmers Agency if one is available. Talk to other Farmers Agents. The Company is poised for growth.
Great small Business opportunity
Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MIOctober 11, 2018
I've built a insurance agency from the ground up with the guidance of Farmers Insurance. The Insurance industry is very challenging in Michigan due to Michigan No Fault Laws.
Great company.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 10, 2018
Countless opportunities to own your Agency, with minimum over head.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight