Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Great Plpace to learn the Insurance business
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2018
Very supportive, excellent training, and follow up training. Great work environment with staff on hand to help you. Great opportunity to move up and start your own business.
Highly prejudice company
ACM Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 19, 2018
If you can fit into the click you will go far, have a brain and your own ideas and you are blackballed. I would not recommend this company to anyone long term but if you got bills to pay and you keep to yourself at all times except meeting you still will hate it
Pros
Cons
Stressed, unappreciated, and draining
terrible job
Agent (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAApril 18, 2018
First time selling insurance. Horrible training, huge expections, had to start a book of business from scratch. Had a quota that went up every month. Very hard to attain
Pros
work from home
Cons
very difficult
Productive and Great Place to work
Salesforce Administrator Config Mgmt Specia II (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 18, 2018
As a Salesforce administrator I was responsible for maintaining/deploying code and configuring six production environments and ninety non-production environments This included all administrative duties, integration with our legacy systems, and maintaining security certificates throughout the companies infrastructure.
Culture changed vastly
Special Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAApril 18, 2018
Farmers company culture is vastly different from the way it was the first 9 years, to the point where change is done for the sake of change, audits were unfairly harsh and they were looking for ways to get rid of people 5 years ago.
Insurance sales made difficult
Executive Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2018
Farmers took on Rate 3 times the first year, even when you sell a policy Farmers will tell you that the customer dosent fit their Appetite, no new auto policies unless you are already covered.
Great co-workers
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 18, 2018
You stayed very busy. As you took incoming calls for any claim by insured Farmers customer. Hard at first and can feel like you learned nothing in training. However, they have great coaches that help out a lot.
Cons
My shift 4:15pm-1am
Claims Department
Commercial Property Claims Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 17, 2018
I was always busy, but enjoyed the job for the most part. Had great benefits and my co-workers and direct reports were fantastic people. Also, it was always great leading Virtual Triangles.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Some Managers were on their own agenda
Lies lies and deception
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 17, 2018
Promised flexibility with coming in to the office/ working from home when I was interviewed and hired. They tell you everything you want to hear to get you in the door and they are ALL false promises. No one in a leadership role has any recruiting experience or any idea how to recruit or source. The formal training is a joke because no one actually knows how to recruit or source.
Pros
benefits, salary
Cons
environment, management, lack of training
In business for yourself but not by yourself
Commissioned Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIApril 17, 2018
You are an independent agent/producer with restrictions on what/when/where/and how you conduct business. I could not have an office in my house and could not afford to rent space from them or rent my own office space. Constantly was asked what problems I was having and what they could do to help but no help or suggestions came. If you don't produce (bring them customers) your right to conduct business thru them is revolked.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
You better have lots of friends or be able to sell ice to eskimo's.
gug
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAApril 16, 2018
nice place. shouldn't have left. Grass is always greener on the other side. Nice place, A lot of work. Friendly people. Slow on technology. Nice office job
great place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDApril 16, 2018
great place to work, team players
Management was great
enjoyable part of my job helping others
hardest part of my job unable to please everyone (customers)
Pros
team players
Cons
no further advancement
Good company to work for
Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 16, 2018
Good company to work for if you have never sold insurance before and are willing to learn. If you get in the right district you can really get the training you need to succeed.
As agency owner
AGENCY OWNER/ MANAGER (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 15, 2018
Very good company to represent. I am very proud about the work I did with Farmers because I learned a lot and represented a company that really cares about its insureds
Pros
Reliable
Cons
Not enough support for agents
"Horrible Bosses"
Marketing (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 14, 2018
You know that movie, "Horrible Bosses"? It's kind of hit or miss at Farmers, in my experience. My immediate boss was all right, but his boss was a nightmare.
Dishonest and crooked company
Producer (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, OKApril 12, 2018
I was never happy when I worked here. The agents are crooked along with the company who is dishonest and alters documents. There isn't anything good I can say about this company or any of it's employees. I'm actually having to deal with an attorney now regarding my agent not depositing my federal taxes.
Pros
Cons
Dishonest, rude, crooked
Additional Staff - CSR
Customer Service Representative - Additional Staff (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 12, 2018
Assist District Staff in providing support for newly recruited and trained Agents.

Assist customers concerning their policies, by walk-in or phone.
Pros
Awesome place to work.
Cons
District Manager was retiring and the office was closing soon.
Great company to work for!
Insurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 11, 2018
Great company to work for. Farmers really seems to care about its employees, and the individuals that have insurance policy with them.
Great over all Company!
Cuatomer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 11, 2018
A typical day for me is answering phones , helping customers with their billing and coverage reviewing policies , writing new policies and insurance helping co workers to explain coverage to customers , training billing reminders , etc. I am a fast paced worker and always strive to get everything done in a timely manor .
Pros
Fast paced busy
Cons
some negative experiences with customers not liking insurance rates
Professional
Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 10, 2018
Opening an agency is tough. More upfront notice on cost of expenses. Money can be made and opportunity is there but make sure to have saved up and buy an agency if possible to have immediate income.
Pros
Flexibility, Pay potential
Cons
Benefits offered but expensive, out of pocket marketing cost

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight