Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 3,790 reviews matching the search See all 3,828 reviews
Farmers Insurance
Claims Associate (MED/PIP office) (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 15, 2019
Good company to work for. Handled medical claims for homeowner and auto accidents. Good job, fast past, stressful, typical office environment. They closed the office and moved services out of state.
Great Company
Farmers Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOFebruary 15, 2019
Great Company! Great rates with great corporate structure. Grow at your own pace and uncapped earning potential! I would recommend Farmers Insurance to anyone that ask!
Innovative and financially strong company
Territory Operations Manager-MEDPIP (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 15, 2019
Challenging and rewarding, large company with lots of room for advancement in multiple disciplines across a global territory. World Class training facility at the University of Farmers and strong brand recognition.
Relaxed enviorment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 14, 2019
It was pretty slow pace office, at times friendly but very competitive. Could be a good place to work at times but then could be a difficult with some of the coworkers
Great Place to Work as an Agent
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Princeton, FL 33032February 13, 2019
The prices offered by Farmers are not the lowest so the sales do not come easy, but the commission is great! There is a ton of support to help make you successful, it's like you can't fail if you want it bad enough.
Pros
High salary
Cons
A lot of time invested is needed to be successful
Consistent and behavior driven
SPECIAL CLAIMS AUTO ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 13, 2019
I have been with this company for over 12 years. I have loved my 12yrs but I am ready to improve myself and experience new challenges. I live in an area where advancement isn't happening. I recommend the company.
Good starter to gain experience, not a career
Underwriting (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Very political place. It's great to gain experience but not the place you can build a career unless you hit it off with a good upper level manager. Management styles vary and usually only the yes men get promoted.
Pros
Great starter job, different depts to move to, north austin
Cons
Call center, political, butt kissers get the worm
Unfortunately there was not much training available, self motivated job
Fire and casualty agent (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 13, 2019
I worked with a broker Agency in Woodland Hills area,
The management was not that organized, but with self discipline, persistence to learn about products and taking advantage of learning opportunities in Farmers head quarters I was able to learn about the products and build up my clientele.
Good place to work but a bit technologically challenged.
SENIOR SERVICE ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, MIFebruary 12, 2019
Seems the capital for updating and making changes to keep current on technology not really making it to the right place. Slow to bring changes competitors already offer.
Great for a Younger Person
Farmers Insurance and Financial Serv (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NEFebruary 12, 2019
I am ethical above all. The insurance business isn't all that variable, but ethics can be. I stuck to doing what was best for my customers and not my bottom line. That isn't a good combination for selling for one of the more expensive companies out there.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Lack of pay

Want to know more about Farmers Insurance Group?

Ask a question
productive environment and well trained
Administrative Assistant/Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXFebruary 12, 2019
productive environment and well trained staff to teach you the ropes. Very family friendly place to work at. I learned that in order to sell on value which is a must with big insurance companies you must know your product and not be afraid to close the sell.
Catastrophe Claims Adjuster
Catastrophe Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MIFebruary 11, 2019
Lots of traveling and well paid. The culture is a great one to build yourself up and meet new people. The best part of the job is the travel and getting to go all across the country.
Nice Place to Work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAFebruary 11, 2019
This was a nice place to work but trying to pay bills with what your salary and commission was, it just didn't work for me. I had a mortgage and a car payment and some of the older agents I spoke to said it was going to be really tough for someone with a mortgage and a car payment to make ends meet unless I had another income stream coming in from a spouse.
Pros
Very Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Struggled with the money being made
Good Place to Work
Supervising Attorney (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 11, 2019
Great work-life balance for the employees. Fantastic profit sharing opportunity and the high 401(k) match is a great benefit and job perk of working here.
Productive work place
Agency Contact Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2019
Fun Place to work and great customer interaction. Owners are very nice to work for and you can make more then your hourly wage if you are good in sales.
Pros
No Weekends
Cons
Can make more then hourly wage
Claim adjuster job not recommended
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 10, 2019
I worked as an auto claim adjuster for several years and although I worked VERY HARD year after year, review after review I was told I was only a meets employee.

Your payment authority is limited to what your supervisor feels you are capable of paying so you are pretty much asking for permission to pay your claims.

After you complete your claims for the day, you worry about the next day audit where management comes and checks your work, looking for any mistakes or opportunities they can find on you. Your phone rings and it’s your supervisor, you worry and ask yourself “what did i do wrong this time?”

Your supervisor tells you to revise your estimate and advise both customer and shop of your changes to your estimate which only adds fuel to the fire that you already started. You worry about job security and when/if you will be put on probation.

You are constantly arguing back n forth between body shops, customers and your supervisors about the parts being used for repairs (aftermarket, recycled, etc).

Did I mention your phone constantly rings off the hook?

The job cannot be done in an 8hr workday so you are constantly working faster than usual, overworking yourself mentally and physically.

You take your 15min break or a 30min lunch but you are constantly watching the clock so you can clock back in on the dot to continue working because every minute counts and you cannot afford to waste a second.

It is a very fast paced, high stressed, multi-tasking work environment.

I would not recommend a claim adjuster job. It’s not worth the the stress
  more... with all of the hoops you have to go through, the eggshells you have to walk on.

There are better careers out there.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Never good enough
Micromanaged-Dont Work Here
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2019
Manager was terrible and did alot of micromanaging,
Manager was always dressed like a slob.
My manager was too busy to assist for questions.
Trainer was condescending and horrible to look at
She lied on me.
The hours were after day care hours.
The staff was immature,
Pros
You could rent stuff and buy stuff in the lounge.
Cons
working there at all
Farmers Review
AUTOMOBILE FIELD ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2019
Lots to do. No time to slow down. Large need to balance multiple responsibilities. Must be able to manage a number of expectations of varying people. Flexible schedule.
Sr apd appraiser
Sr. APD Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAFebruary 9, 2019
I worked for Farmers Insurance for 13 years. They are a strong company with excellent benefits and ongoing support in your role. Farmers offers training and numerous workshops to keep your skills active
Pros
Benefits and support
Good Company
Certified E-Business Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 8, 2019
Farmers is a great company, but there isn't much room for growth. Our department is very understaffed. They pull people off the phones for other tasks which in-turn makes for heavier call volume.
Pros
401k, clean environment, great campus
Cons
glass ceiling, play favorites, unfair rankings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.1K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss