Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 3,413 reviews matching the search See all 3,449 reviews
Its insurance
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2018
Insurance company that is still based on selling in the 1970's. Local agents will be a thing of the past as call center and online policy sales are more cost effective than keeping local agents fed.
Good
Commercial Producer/Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2018
Depends on your agent, usually the days go by quick if you're doing your stuff but even then its hard to move up if your agent isnt in the office and the managers are only looking out for themselves since the agent calls the shots at the end of the day
Good stepping stone
Sales Producer (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 15, 2018
Farmers Insurance is a good stepping stone into the insurance world. I do not feel upper management does a good job at providing the necessary training needed to have continued success with this company. The program used is not user friendly whatsoever and there are constant issues which can lead to losing clients regularly.
Yes work here
Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CA 93003August 15, 2018
very fluent and great management has been around a while would higjle reccommend to anyone who likes doing fast paced work and enjoys talking tio oeiple daily.
Good if you know the right people and want to move.
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 14, 2018
If you know the right people, kiss the right butt, and are prepared to move around you can promote up pretty quick. The company is horrible about hiring claims managers/supervisors with minimal experience. I had at least 2 managers over a 7 year span that were hired with 1-3 years of claims handling experience.
Very challenging environment.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 14, 2018
My most enjoyable part of the job was meeting one on one with the agents and clients. A typical day at work was very busy fast paced I learned so much about insurance. Homeowners auto renters and life policies.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Competitive
Awesome place to work I loved the hours
Agent Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tucson AzAugust 13, 2018
I learned a lot my boss is amazing but I feel I do to much for what I am getting paid. I have learned a lot in this passed year. I have sealed with all types of people and claims. Also I loved that the boss believed that I could do things on my own and she confided in me. She is very knowledgeable and knows what she is doing and she has fought me well. If I would get a raise I would stay there
Pros
Flexibility with hours prizes such as lunch or movie
Cons
No advancement no comisión if your not an licenced agent
lousy
Licensed in 2002 as a Property & Casualty Agent (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 13, 2018
It was a cutthroat business with several agents that will STEAL business from you. Quotas put into play were not realistic. I would not recommend any new agent to work there.
mail insert operator
Mail Inserter Operator (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MIAugust 13, 2018
we had turnovers between shifts, did email and time cards before shift, streching, assigments and any info from lead. set up work station. start running work. everyone is friendly and willing to help. very good team work.
Great people!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temple City, CAAugust 13, 2018
a typical day at work for me is filing papers and filling in reports.
I love my former co-workers, they were really friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend working there.
Pros
friendly
A great atmosphere
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pacific, MOAugust 12, 2018
Hours vary depending on the schedule in the office. A great company to work for. The management was awesome. The pay was very competitive. There was always something to do in the office and never got bored.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
night hours
Not my cup of tea
Senior Trial Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 12, 2018
This is an okay place to work. Very corporate structure. Success based on metrics. Cut backs, changes and turnover almost every quarter. Not many people make it to five years
Managers Not Trustworthy
Legal Secretary/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2018
Let me start off by saying that Farmers is basically a good and decent company. Unfortunately, the company does not hire competent managers.

It is next to impossible to transfer to other jobs in the company. Many of the job postings are fake. In fact, the jobs posted have most likely been spoken for. Managers have their favorite employees and arrange to have them promoted, even if they are unqualified for the position.

My department was completely mismanaged. The manager took a back seat and allowed employees with little to no experience take the reins for the direction of the department. The department has been headed in the wrong direction for a long time.
Employees are scared to speak up for fear of losing their jobs. Those that do speak up are either ignored or treated disrespectfully.

Farmers has the ability to get back on track and hire intelligent and forward thinking managers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Horrible Management
Small town office with a great staff
Assistant Agent (Former Employee) –  Jerseyville, ILAugust 10, 2018
it was a great small town office that head a great staff and manager/agent. The customers were great and generally kind and ready to give any information that you asked for
Insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
If you like insurance, and are good at selling, you will probably do well here. The environment can be toxic, though, so you'd better have thick skin.
Good Company
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 10, 2018
nice Managers to work with. Nice pay. WE can learn a lot in this company. Good product overall. It's growing company and have very good reputation overall.
Productive and a nice learning experience
Data Warehousing/ETL/Informatica Lead (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 9, 2018
It is been nice to work in Farmers Insurance with different vendors.Got a great opportunity to learn about different guide wire systems.Improved myself with management skills and coordinating skills
Excellent Company
Auto Office Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 9, 2018
Great place with up to date facilities. Managers that care about their employees and just an overall culture that encourages learning and advancement.
friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2018
Farmers is one of the best place to work. i was there only one month , but was very happy at this job . My managers there where always friendly and i always knew i can ask for help if i had any issues with work .
Pros
friendly bosses and breakfast every once in a while
Cons
far from home
Nice employees
Clerical, maintenance & cleaning (Former Employee) –  Caruthers, CAAugust 8, 2018
I appreciated my boss who gave me a chance with working for her. She loved how fast i worked and i always kept the office area inside and out clean. I always had something to do even though i only worked a couple hours a day. The office staff was very friendly and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss