Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 3,648 reviews matching the search See all 3,686 reviews
Average
Office Manager/Agent (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 10, 2018
Farmers is a great place to work if you are not looking for advancement. Since you will be with an agency, the only higher position would be agency owner.
Famers was a place with honest workers and loved to help there clients outs
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 9, 2018
I would answer phones, fill, accept customer payments, send out customer mail, my most enjoyable time of the day at the job was helping customers fine out what policy to choose from and to inform them on the different types of insurance we had.
Excellent opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 7, 2018
I learned to take care of clients and explain billing to them. Was a nice job, good schedule, very close to my home, some times free lunches, extra hours,
Good place to work, but the policy base is shrinking
Field Claims (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 6, 2018
Farmers was a good place to work, but their inability to grow has forced the organization to shrink. The people are generally good people. Too bad that the organization has been unable to build and sustain some growth.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Upper management is not in tune
The job was self emploment
District Life Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 3, 2018
I was a Life Ins. specialist and worked with many agents who were licensed Auto and Home ins. agents. Leads came to me from those agents to follow up with them regarding Life Ins. or other Insurance products offered. The manager was indifferent to many aspects of my job and was actually fired after I left Farmers in 1999.
ping pong, basket ball, video game consoles, cafe, gym, lots of parking
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2018
I enjoyed the people and culture and the benefits far out weigh other ins companies. I enjoyed my work and the duties and responsibilities and the pay and yrly bonus.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Usually yearly schedules.
Promotion is easily achievable
Contact Manager (Former Employee) –  New Britain, PA 18901December 1, 2018
While working for Farmers Insurance, they do provide the tools necessary to getting your Insurance License. They help you with getting your books and studying, as well as setting up your test. I did learn a lot about the insurance business with the help of my co-workers. The hardest part about the job was the test, I do not think I was ready to take the test and I was not given enough time to study. The most enjoyable part of the job was the events that we went to, to show our company and show that we are were a very family-friendly company..
Great culture at Farmers
Senior Claims Adjuster - Liability/Bodily Injury (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2018
Farmers has created a good culture. After being at other carriers now, i can compare and miss what i had. The grass was greener there. Claims are still claims, but their way of engagement made it tolerable. The load there was also less than my new role.
Good Job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TX 78521November 29, 2018
Receptionist
Answering phones
Talking to clients
Learning how to sell insurance
They show you how to sell and they take the time to be there with
you
High Expectation
Agent Assistant/ CSR (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 29, 2018
High volume of work with no proper training pay was poor for amount of work required ... quick turn around with employees. Stressful environment and hostile
Overlooks their frontline employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 29, 2018
The company overlooks their frontline employees, and adheres more to a call center vibe, rather than a customer focus. Front line employees continually engage in mandatory shift bids, and Holiday bids. Communication between management and Frontline employees was lacking.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement and employee discounts
Cons
Health insurance plans
Slow Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDNovember 28, 2018
I am not sure if all Farmers Insurance office was like the one I worked at, but I would never recommend working for the office I worked at in Laurel. The office is closed now, but the management was never there, he paid below minimum wage and sometimes would intentionally not show up to the office on pay day to not give you your salary. the upside was that it was a quiet working environment. After I quit, he shut down the business and open in a different location.
Ok
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 28, 2018
Very high paced call center. The job is not for someone who cannot effectivly handel unplesant customers. You need to have a attitude about upselling products to customers.
Everyday is spent serving existing clients and seeking others to help.
Self-Employed Agent (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 28, 2018
Working at Farmers allows the agent an opportunity to help individuals, families,churches, and small businesses protect their property, and posterity.
Pros
The Freedoms of Self Employment
Cons
The costs of Self Employment
family owned business and operated
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 28, 2018
answering calls servicing the clients needs, claims, sales and marketing. I loved what i did and my clients appreciated that, receiving a thank you and a family/friend referral was very rewarding for me.
Pros
small staff everyone was very helpful
Cons
no benefits
Entrepenural Opportunity
AGENCY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 28, 2018
This job as a sales representative is on that requires dedication, planning and perseverance. It takes time to build an book of business so you need to have another income source if you are making a career change into this field.
Pros
Adult working environment
Cons
Commission payment once per month
na
CASA OF EL PASO I VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 27, 2018
fun environment where its fast past need to be on top of all the work where you need to make sure to meet the goals that are set up as well as sell sell sell
All numbers and no common sense
Field Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 27, 2018
The pressure is usually cyclical but consistently moving toward having to do more in less time. Overtime is limited but given when needed (however not enough). Claims is pressured to write files for QA with judgement and common sense tossed to the wayside. Basically someone sitting behind a desk will pick a file a part and won’t care if an appropriate explanation is given (it has to be CLEARLY supported with photos - even a few hundred will never be enough to cover every decision). Writing a file for someone to grade it instead of for the best interest of the customer and by application of the policy is ethically questionable at best. This company has become very good at driving away good talent to meet upper management’s impossible expectations. Over a dozen walked away last year to work hurricane claims independently - adjusters and supervisors both. The job used to be rewarding but is once again too focused on the bottom line to realize they are screwing their employees and customers.

Replace a roof for wind damage? Not likely- you should be prepared to spend a good time up their marking every damaged shingle to prove beyond any doubt that more than half of each slope is damaged. 49% wont cut it. Good luck finding a roofer to change hundreds or more individual shingles, much less warranty it. You may be given a good amount of settlement authority but that does not mean you have the authority to use your judgment. The “art of adjusting” is dead.

Supervisors and managers feel the same if not more pressure for not being perfect or productive beyond belief.
  more... It may take a few lawsuits but hopefully the company remember to put their employees and customers first again.

Benefits- these have previously been pretty good but this year things changed to a healthcare marketplace that is supposed to be better for employees. The lower deductibles and out of pocket options are gone. I wouldn’t call that better. Pension plans were cut back years ago. They were scrapped altogether for next year and replaced with a 4% 401k contribution. Guess this was the cheaper option that would sound good to employees.

Compensation - still below that of major competitors but not terrible. Very little catastrophe pay offered anymore; still expected to close three claims a day and in a 10 hour shift. Again, much more documentation required but must be done in less time - previously 12 hour days would be required and working even 18 hours would be approved so the work could get done. 21 days away from home and family used to be rewarded well, now that’s been cut back significantly. Many have refused to volunteer due to lack of incentive, although volunteering as a backup is mandatory.

I write this review in the hopes that management will work toward letting reps do their jobs again but anonymously for fear of retribution. However, you will always be more likely to get fired for a minor time card mistake than making an error on a claim file.
Pros
Coworkers, decent pay and benefits
Cons
Management management management
Good company to work for
Property Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 27, 2018
The company is an inclusive based company that supports their workers. The positions are very high paced and stressful positions that require good time management.
Great place to work to gain expierence
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 27, 2018
agents are and professional environment is like a family to me and always accepting to my needs and services. The pay is good and work is simple and have to learn to adapt to customer needs and let them know up front.
Pros
great employees to work with
Cons
not enough benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.1K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight