Farmers Insurance Group
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100

Farmers Insurance Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 1,265 reviews matching the search
100% Commission 1099 Great opportunity to learn Insurance Products New to Maryland Great Homeowners Insurance Rates Flexible Supportive Competitive Industry
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Auto Rates are not competitive
Farmers is a good company and has a great team to guide you to be successful. Management will depend on who hires u but my manager was great. Healthcare benefits also depends on who hires u and what they have available.
Pros
Free lunches, off on weekends.
Cons
Healthcare depends on what manager hires you and what health benefits they have to offer.
The environment at Farmers is very supportive. Managers are quick to introduce themselves and help you in every way. You feel like a member of the team and not just a number. Plenty of room for advancement and growth. The pay in this position is kind of low, but it is entry-level, so I guess that's to be expected. The downside would be the constant weekly OT. The job can be very monotonous, so if you like variety in your work, this is not the role for you! All in all, I liked the company very much.
Pros
Supportive environment, Pto, Management
Cons
Weekly OT every week, pay could be higher
I have worked for Farmers Insurance for a long time now. The micromanaging in my part of the office is maddening. They have recently began to monitor screen idle time, meaning if your mouse doesn’t move for one minute then you get talked to. I have outstanding productivity, great quality, and am a good worker, but somehow my idle time is never good enough. Additionally, as others have stated, there tend to be a lot of cliques within the offices at Farmers. Additionally, as others have stated, your experience will be determined based on who your supervisor is. Aside from the micromanaging, what is most frustrating is the fact that what you do is never enough. Doing your job well is not enough, they expect you to go above and beyond to get a good rating such as leading meetings, taking on extra projects, and so on. Doing our jobs should be enough to get a passing score on performance reviews. They say they care about your advancement and development but there truly is no room to grow and no room for advancement, except moving sideways on the ladder. For the positives, we have good benefits, but at some point that doesn’t matter anymore when the rest is awful. You’re just a number here, truly. And the work itself is boring and soul crushing.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, micromanaging, no advancement, never good enough, boring
They force you to take your PTO if you need off ' they dont offer un paid time off, you get what you get for PTO and it has too last all year, always having tech issues and calls drop you get in trouble if it happens
Pros
pay is great
Cons
not flexable
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Its a nice place to work. Id worked there for many years and was laid off, given a severance. Benefits are offered but aren't great. They also contribute to your HSA. .
Long long hours with lots of working weekends. Angry customers, lot of issues with Foremost claims as the policies are bare and provide little to no coverage
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hours
Benefits and pay are great. Work life balance is wonderful. The culture is not great. Long time employees who talk a good game about inclusion and change but don’t want anything to change. They look out for each other to protect their livelihoods and you can’t infiltrate the “in crowd”.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance
Cons
I’ve never worked anywhere, where I get physically ill thinking about clocking in. Even working from home. Training is terrible. You are just thrown to the wolves. Constantly scrutinized. If you’re not taking calls back to back like a robot you will be contacted by your supervisor. It’s a very unrealistic standard to have set especially if you have small children at home.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Short breaks, micromanaging, crazy expectations.
Pay is comparable to other companies, but you can’t beat the retirement benefits! There are lots of opportunities for advancement if you choose. They have a great culture and I have met colleagues I consider friends.
Pros
Time off, work life balance, benefits
Cons
Some micromanagement, but depends on your supervisor
Every Farmers company is owned by an independent agent. Most are really good to work for and with. Most agents make a salary plus commissions. You get to make a good relationship with the clients.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
Heathcare, not family oriented
Customer service and sales go hand in hand. Take care of clients, earn trust, earn the opportunity to cross sell . Benefits lacking.Covid means no in person training with the region
The day begins with a quick meeting where the team gathers to discuss anything going on in life. I learned that you must be self motivated and learn a lot of the job on your own. Each employee that I worked with has their own job to do which left little time for training and answering questions. The agency is growing but their is not a structured training program in place. The hardest part of the job is cold calling.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
no benefits
If you like being on phone and talking all day long this will be a good fit. Hours were good, no work to take home. You get paid a base plus bonus and commission
Good salary and benefits package, poor work life balance, little to no career advancement outside your current career track within the organization, not diverse in all offices, unfortunately no pension, workload unmanageable, poor management, poor training.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Excessive workload
Issues with the system that was an inconvenience applying discounts. Is hard to handle the incoming calls and requests if you're trying to do sales.
Pros
Free lunches, I learned a lot form the agent owner.
Cons
not commission some times.
This job is VERY emotionally taxing and anyone who says otherwise is a lie. I have been here going on two years and when I first began I was told that it was “normal” to have break downs in the bathroom or after work due to being overwhelmed. The person that referred me said they finally stopped crying every day after work after one year because they finally “got the hang of it”. This should have been my first sign to run. Farmers is FULLY aware that this job is extremely hard and they say they understand but they do not. We barely have time to use the EAP resources because even when you are off of work you only have a few hours before the next morning. This is not a job where you get any downtime you actually have to FORCE yourself to find and take a break. During COVID the expectations have increased and we are going more towards service and surveys. PLENTY of folks are unhappy with this as we already have so much on our plates as adjusters. Calls, texts, voicemails, claims, emails and now surveys. If you do not meet survey goal you are in trouble and we all know how that goes. Customers have told me plenty of times they hate us soliciting for surveys but Farmers insists. I have actually developed stress induced ulcers during my time at Farmers and although I cannot medically say it was their fault that was the only change in my life that caused so much stress. They do not pay enough for what they put us through, truly, especially during COVID. Management say they care but at the end of the day they are just trying to keep a job just like you. I cannot wait to leave Farmers - more...
Pros
Flexible Work Schedules, Benefits, Remote (due to COVID), Coworkers
Cons
Work Life Balance, Super High Stress Level, No TRUE Management Support, Increasing Goals During COVID (already a tough time in many ways)
I’ve learned so much. The benefits and PTO are great. The training is good. There seem to be many advancement opportunities and they are working on improving diversity and inclusion.
Pros
Pto, benefits
Cons
Need more diversity and inclusion
Hard workers are fired and taken advantage of. We were told no raises for the year of 2020. Not only that, but that the work we did wouldn’t be recognized at all in the year of 2021 for that years promotions or job changes. That none of it counted. They said it was more important to hold a golf tournament, and buy MetLife instead. Don’t vent any complaints or concerns or you may be targeted as “too hard to work with”.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Everything else
Great place to start in the insurance industry. Seriously. Trainers are great and the resources available are beyond expectations. Period! They truly care about their employees and make the transition from knowing absolutely nothing to getting your feet wet painless!
Pros
Everything!!! Benefits, pay and perks are amazing and company culture is diverse!
Cons
None. For real.
I love my job and have a great boss who takes care of me. I just love it! Good pay and commissions on top of that. Weekends and Holidays off. Couldn't ask for much more.
Pros
Good pay