Farmers National Bank Employee Reviews

productive and always learning
PERSONAL BANKER/TRUST ASSISTANT FARMERS STATE BANK (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 1, 2018
Good place to work. Quick, fast paced days. Always changing regulations to learn and adapt to. Friendly work place. Don't feel pay always matched up with responsibilities or expectations.
Great upper management, but lower management was poor and aggressive.
Teller (Former Employee) –  East Brady, PAApril 29, 2018
Very detail oriented job with very fast-paced training environment, with room for very little error. Very aggressive regarding making sales quotas, which is not fairly represented in the interview process. If you are starting part-time, the part-time hours are not fairly represented either. Overall a rewarding job because of the upper management in Emlenton, the promotion opportunities, the training provided, and most of all--the customers.
Was not happy with the immediate management within the company, and even when HR was contacted, little changed with the aggressive behaviors and attitude. HR did a great job, but could do more to follow up on these behaviors. Clique-like behaviors seemed to be a reoccurring problem within the office.
Low morale was a problem as well.
Pros
provide training, great meals during seminars, great benefits, promotion opportunites, annual raises, sales benefits
Cons
aggressive management, aggressive sales, lack of morale
Team Work, Superior Customer Service
Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Emlenton, PAApril 8, 2018
Work Schedule is Monday - Friday 8:30-4:30. Work on a daily basis to provide the most efficient customer service to all customers. Review customer needs and introduce them to the products that best suits them.
Process tax payments and monthly escrow accounts, reviewed loan documentation to make sure it was completed accurately.
Pros
Excellent benefits and vacation
Cons
Distance
Worst job I ever had.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Emlenton, PAMarch 21, 2018
Only positions in my area were part time. Poor Management and little support from co workers. Zero chance to advance. The extensive training came no where close to preparing you for the actual job. "Paid" vacation time I was forced to take was taken back after I quit.
Great job.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHFebruary 3, 2018
I loved working at the bank. I left here because I had a baby. Or I would probably have never left. I love working with people. Customer service is a great thing.
Pros
Enjoyed working with money.
Cons
You couldn't take it home.
Great place to work! Everyone has always been so friendly and helpful.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 31, 2018
I love my job but I also realize there's no room for me to advance if I wanted. So I'm looking to work somewhere else where i can continue to grow and better myself.
Pros
Free employee insurance
Trust Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJanuary 16, 2018
My job didn't line up well with my interests and skill set, and I did not have the best manager, but I have great respect for Farmers National Bank. It is a great bank and run by wonderful people. I would highly recommend working there!
Pros
Work environment, schedule, benefits
Cons
Lack of communication
Loved this job
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OH 44406January 4, 2018
I only left this company for personal reasons and a situation out of my control. The company is run fairly. The benefits were great and I loved my job.
Stressful position
Asset Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Emlenton, PADecember 29, 2017
Farmers was a great place to work for several years. Then there was management change and things got a bit more stressful. But over all they were very accommodating and supportive. The backroom gossip was probably the most stressful. I would rather I was told things to my face then to learn what they thinking by other sources.
Pros
Accommadating.
Cons
Gossip
Bonuses
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, KYNovember 10, 2017
It was a great place to work. The benefits were excellent. Of course it wasn't perfect but the bank always had extra incentives. If I hadn't moved I would have stayed until retirement.
Pros
good benefits
na
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Emlenton, PANovember 6, 2017
I have nothing to say regarding this establishment. I have found that there are people that are out for only themselves and their titles have gone to their head.
It is a decent company to work for
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Emlenton, PAOctober 24, 2017
typical day was kind of stressful because you had no idea what the day was gonna bring both from management and customers. I learned a lot to take with me and help me with finding a career job.
pay did not match work performed
Information Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OHOctober 19, 2017
computer repair technician where the scope of the job did not come close to any activities described in the job description. many supervisors with different agendas.
Like work hours and had acess to gym equipment.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OHAugust 11, 2017
Got to met new and interesting customers. Some days stressed needing to get referrals from new customer to open accounts. Learned how much work and information is need for banking accounts. Making sure all funds balance daily. Working and getting to know new people with each new job.
Pros
Free coffee, several free lunches per month
Cons
No breaks included in unch time
Not what you sign up for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2017
No help or assistance on trying to reach goals. There is no back office support and constantly waiting on someone to get back to you with answers for customers. I could go on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.