Farmingdale State College Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Volunteer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 1, 2018
It is a great work environment, management is very supportive. The campus facilities are tremendous and always improving. I really like that the University is offering more degrees.
alright if you really need something
Overnight Custodial Staff (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 25, 2018
management sucks, working the graveyard shift sucks, work is not difficult really but the environment is terrible, night manager is very cutthroat, supervisors are great, great break times
Pros
breaks
Cons
overnights
Work Study Job
Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 8, 2018
It's a good job, if you are a college student that attends Farmingdale State College. It's a work study job, so you have the flexibility to work around your school schedule.
Supportive and Conducive
Adjunct Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 7, 2018
Farmingdale is a good place to work. The Department Chair was supportive and helpful. Working there I have learned a lot about collegiate politics. The other professors in my department are helpful as well.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
You have to maintain 6 credits to get health Insurance.
Assistant Greenhouse worker and summer gardens
Assistant Greenhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 27, 2018
I enjoyed working in the gardens and greenhouse. With my hearing impaired I have gained my experiences with all kinds of students and professors that they all helped me achieve my goals and to shown them my talents in working with all kinds of plants . I have build my strength through my body , mind and soul.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Can’t think of any
overall a great experience
Psychology Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 4, 2018
offers a great opportunity to learn as you go principles of CBT and DBT. Students are varied and come from all life stages so this is more like a community mental health clinic than a college campus.
Good Job
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NY 11735January 28, 2018
Good environment to work, people are excellent and collaborative as well. I learned a lot about how the business works as well. Highly Recommend working here.
Excellent university to work for
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJanuary 17, 2018
This is a great state university to work for. One of the top rated colleges in NY teaching aeronautical science and offering a professional pilot program.
Pros
Faculty support, Good Union
Good Experience for Collegiate-Level Teaching
TRiO Summer Bridge Professor (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYDecember 5, 2017
Enjoyable, short work-day for Summer Program teaching. Collegiate atmosphere, most co-workers were professional. Students are friendly and hard-working.
Educational experience, with a light atmosphere
IT Student Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2017
being constantly around switches, as well as VOIP phones, learning about certain commands each day allowed for configuring devices to be a simple task. i was able to tamper with many different technological devices as well as troubleshoot them. From trouble shooting ports, to installing network jacks, or making CAT5 cables i was able to learn a great hand. all around a light atmosphere.
Productive and friendly environment
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYOctober 3, 2017
A typical day at work was doing math, and lots of it. Learned how to tailor to people's individual needs, and help them understand information that seemingly overwhelmed them prior to the session.
good
Motivational Speaker (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Good place to work. Enjoyable and friendly co workers with a positive and influential outlook on life. Easy to talk to anyone, including the managers and directors of any department.
Nice academic environment
Administrative Assistant/ Keyboard Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 8, 2017
If you enjoy working in a diverse community servicing others, Farmingdale State College is the place for you. Interacting with students is most enjoyable.
good place to work
Assistant Baseball Coach (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYAugust 27, 2017
Farmingdale State College is a very good team to coach for. I would highly recommend working for Farmingdale to other people. I enjoyed my time there.
Great atmosphere
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 25, 2017
Farmingdale State College is a great college to work for. I was a math tutor there and I tutored many students in several different subjects. The supervisors at the math center were very pleasant to work for.
Pros
Flexible hours
Computer Lab Assistant is a great job for work study
Computer Lab Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 2, 2017
Worked for about a year as a computer lab tech assistant. This allowed me a lot of time to do assignments while also performing my job duties. As a work study, I could only work 25 hours a week.
Was surprised to work there.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 29, 2017
It was a pleasure to work in Farmindale State University. I use to help students with there help with computers, and use to fix printers; add papers, change toner. The best part was to sit in the Silent room and watch students and keep them silent so the other students could study and work.
Very Engaging
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 19, 2017
I was able to work with a diverse group of people as a Student Assistant and as an Orientation leader. Farmingdale State College creates a respectful an a comfortable work environment. Student Assistants were treated with the respect they deserved thus created a very progressive workplace.
Excellent college
Adjunct Nursing Clinical Faculty (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 16, 2017
Farmingdale State College has an excellent nursing program. It is a tough program but the graduates are top notch nurses. They have a 96% + rate for theit students passing the NYCLEX on the first try.
Pros
Nursing Department emabraces their students
Productive, fun
Garden Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 22, 2017
Working as a garden a intern has taught me so much. It is a productive environment and also educational. Management is understanding and inspiring. I loved working as a garden intern at Farmingdale State college.
Pros
Relaxed