Farnsworth Group Employee Reviews

They are a great Architechtural Company
Project Engineering Manager/Business Development (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 12, 2018
I would recommend them designing buildings, offices, schools and shopping centers. They are very attentive to their clients. They are flexible with their employees.
Very Nice Group to work with
Director of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Farnsworth, I was able to show my skills and give my inputs for many improvement in the accounting department. working with Steph, the CFO was a very good learning time for me.
Great and knowledgable employees, great environment, good location with covered parking.
Senior Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CONovember 1, 2018
I absolutely love everything about my place of employment, with regard to the culture, the people, the office space and location, provided covered parking and the benefits. The compensation is well behind other competitors in the local market, however, that was not a driving force in my particular circumstances, as the opportunity offered out weighed the salary. The reality of my situation turned out to be a total lack of support for the design software and proper set up of the system that the company had determined to utilize to pursue more work in the region. They are under the false illusion that CADWorx, as a piping design software, is a plug and play software, ready to run right out of the box, and my two years of employment here has had little effect on changing that assumption. I was anxious to help the company build a piping design group/department, and to support the hiring and support of a design group lead in establishing standards, better design functionality as well as the training and mentoring of young designers, however to date, I am still the sole designer with full CADWorx training within a company of roughly 400 people nation wide.
Pros
Great place to work, location, culture and staff.
Cons
Poor support from mangement with regard to CAD support and continued training.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 5, 2018
Loved the work and most of the co-workers. Management is very unprofessional, at best. HR seems to run everything. The environment is clique-oriented.
Farnsworth Group
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 26, 2018
Receptionist, answering phones, processing mail, binding plans and specs for projects, scheduling meetings, greeting customers, office supplies ordering
Great guidance for a student wanting experience
Pipeline Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOFebruary 21, 2018
Farnsworth Group, Inc was a great place to work with good potential for growth within the company as a full time emplyee. Management was very well involved and helpful along all aspects of the pipeline projects.
Great environment & Great people!
Anon (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 7, 2017
If it were not for the fact that they seriously undervalue their employees (financially), It is a wonderful place to work. The people there are great. They really make an effort to make the culture fun and inviting. And they understand that morale improves productivity. Unfortunately they pay well below the bell curve for every discipline and because of that, they have trouble hiring and maintaining employees.
Workplace
Chief CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 10, 2017
Decent place to work, good work environment, employees are good to work with, decent pay for skills set, work life balance is encouraged, Overtime opt
Awesome Opportunity for a Student
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILAugust 8, 2017
Overall, FWG is an awesome company that provides a very friendly environment for new hires.

FWG taught me how to forge and maintain professional relationships with both coworkers, and clients - all under the guidance of seasoned professionals who never hesitated to extent a helping hand.
Pros
Friendly environment, approachable upper management
Cons
Lacking diversity, disconnect between teams within the organization
PROJECT DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2017
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is an excellent place to work with lots of opportunity to grow and learn in the engineering discipline. Farnsworth Group is a growing engineering company with a lot of opportunity.
Pros
Good place work, good people, fun activities outside of work
Cons
Parking can be a challenge
I'd give it an overall rating of about 3.5
CAD Drafter Survey/Party Chief survey crew (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2017
Overall not a bad place to work. However management isn't all that employee friendly. Most of the work is out of town with the Pipeline department driving most of the jobs. A lot is expected out of their employees, with the employee having to use his/her own credit to book hotels, purchase equipment, FR clothing, etc. which can lead to some problems. Although the employee is reimbursed for his/her expenses most of the time in a timely matter.
Pros
Company is pretty well stable with a solid clientelle.
Cons
Big seperation between Management and employees.
Ok place to work
Land Survey Instrument Person (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 18, 2016
Farnsworth Group Incorporated is an overall OK place to be.
Decent benefits, decent coworkers & very safety conscious.
Typically 8 hour days, some weekend work required.
The diversity of the company offers good job security.
Senior Project Architect (Current Employee) –  Shorewood, ILSeptember 13, 2015
The company provides competitive compensation and good benefits. The staff is professional and works well together most of the time. The resources and technology that is available is better than most architecture and engineering firms.
Great group to work with
Project Assistant / Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 8, 2015
Farnsworth Group is a very progressive company to work for.
The Fort Collins office has a great group of people that all get along with one another and enjoy spending time together.

The work atmosphere in my area was very enjoyable.
Frisco office is a joke
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 10, 2015
they opened this office in January 2014 and have yet to find work on a regular basis. If you apply for the SIT position you will be sitting in the office with nothing to do for 32 hours a week. The SIT they had just left for this reason. You will be told we have lots of work and lots of opportunity to get your license but you will have to wait 3-5 years.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work and 32 hours a week
Official response from Farnsworth Group
August 26, 2015

Farnsworth Group’s Frisco, TX, location is one of the Company’s newest offices. We’re excited about the opportunities that exist in Texas and throughout the Southwest, along with the team that we are building in Frisco. As with any new office we have to balance the workflow of opportunities and the projects associated, we are fortunate to have a nationwide network of offices to help with this balance. Surveyors hired in this office will travel to other site locations as necessary and there are times when you may do office work, complete training or work out of another office location. We are looking for talented and dedicated professionals that want to be part of a unique opportunity to establish and grow our Farnsworth Group office in one of the fastest growing regions in the U.S.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 10, 2015
Filled with good helpful people who know how to do their jobs. Never had any unpleasant coworkers or problems. Will keep you busy.
Engineering Firm
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2014
Working for a number of contractors to ensure the end product is delivered on time, within budget and to code. A typical day consists of calculating strains and stresses and documenting workplace activity and subsequently submitting a daily work report.
Pros
Helped a lot with relocation and compensation
Cons
Good place to work with advancement possibility
Commissioning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Normal,ILJune 30, 2014
Great management in the commissioning group to help entry level engineer succeed.
Great place to work!
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 6, 2012
I love working here. Schedules are flexible and the work is rewarding. Management actually listens to employees and adjusts to their needs. Many long term employees means a good place to work.
Pros
benefits and flexibility
Good company but no advancement opportunities
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2012
This is an good company to work for but there are no opportunities for advancement.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no opportunities for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farnsworth Group. Our community is ready to answer.