FAROUK SYSTEMS INC Employee Reviews

Customer Service Department.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2019
The women in the department were so mean it was ridiculous. They made racial slurs towards one another as jokes. I’m sure the Manager has no idea what goes on at all. It’s a small group. People work at their own pace rather than just prioritizing and getting the job done. They lack professionalism and co-worker etiquettes. They’re rude to the customers when they call when it’s their job. They will fire you without having both sides of the story. They will lie to get you out of there; double team. Manager took their words only in consideration.
Pros
Good environment outside of the Customer Service Department.
Cons
They’re an already established team.
Exciting Environment, Poor Management
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2018
Needs improvement for Management Social Skills
Needs improvement for Employee Incentives and Benefits
HR has no experience in Management
Management inconsistency makes it difficult to know what is expected from week to week
Pros
Discounted Hair Care Tools and Producted
Cons
Management Skills and HR Inexperience
Positive Company
Master Educator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
Farouk Systems has been a great learning experience as I grow in my cosmetology career. The company has high standards for products, tools and people.
I enjoy what services I provide
Educator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2018
A great opportunity to work here, The culture of people and they pride on education which is appreciated. The owner is an amazing man with vision and is why stay to be apart of this team of people. We have grown as family and when we get together for events then its beyond great.
Pros
Education, travel, culture
Cons
powertrips, mismanagement, accountability
Started out as a dream job but...
Retail Marketing & Product Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
I met great friends and the job itself was fantastic. You wear many hats here. Unfortunately the environment and culture was not something I would suggest to anyone. Upper management rules all. And will do anything for themselves.
Pros
Fun, fast pace exciting place, great benefits
Cons
You will not be paid what you are worth
Es una compañía con muy buen ambiente de trabajo y muy responsable en cuanto a sus trabajadores
Returns Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
Es muy buena compañía es muy estable el trabajo con ellos muy pendientes de sus trabajadores se trabaja en armonía para mi fue muy buena experiencia con ellos
Cons
No tengo contras todo es bien con ellos
Advancement
CLASS/TRAINING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2017
There is no room for advancing in the company. You can apply for open positions throughout the company, and although qualified they will hire outside of the company.
Horrible company to work for
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2017
Managemment sucks! Everything is done under the table and guess what, you cant tell anyone about anything because they all work under the table just to cover their own butts.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Management is the worse ever
Lack of professionalism
Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2017
The problem with Farouk Systems is the lack of professionalism. This is a place for hair dressers ran by hair dressers. Sure Farouk seems innovative but once you look beneath the service you would be surprised.
Pros
Competitive benefits
Cons
great place to work and grow
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
great place to work and gain new skills
ship out packages to customer daily
great prices on products
great place to work
Pros
great place to work and gain new skills
Very poor upper management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
This company is a joke. If you have valid professional experience, just keep moving. Or else, you will end up being an underpaid workhorse for a company that isn't respected within its industry.
Great place to learn for Designers
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2017
I loved working here it's very laid back and the work is steady. No one is really overburdened in the design dept. Great work/life balance, the design manager is an amazing person. HOWEVER, there is no room for advancement for designers here, its all seniority based and raises are non existent or miniscule. It has been a great learning experience for me, but no place to make a long term career.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
low pay
Slow growth within the company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2017
Opportunity to grow within the company is very slow. Salary increases are minimums, may take years before you obtain a total of a dollar or two increase.
Pros
8 hrs Birthday pay
Cons
No promotions
Good Company Overall
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
Farouk Systems is a decent company to work for. They pay holidays and give decent benefits. Upper management can have unreal expectations and can cause lots of stress on managers and supervisors. Average workers should have no issues with this at all.
Pros
Benefits and weekends off
Cons
Micro Management from CEO
Amazing company
Educator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 24, 2017
I love this company. The man who built the company is extremely great. He values family, his employees, his company. Every year they hold a conference in Cancun and it's like th golden globe for stylist. If you qualify you can go all expenses paid including flight.
Fun place to work
Team Mate Level Educator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2017
You are always somewhere different. You get to meet a lot of different people in the the beauty industry when you go out on a job. The ladies I have worked with have all been very good as mentors.
Pros
free training
Cons
I don't get enough jobs
Nice place to work if you love animals
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2016
Nice place to work for animals lovers, associates easy to manage good paying jobs and nice customers! Nice hours lots to learn about animals fun times
Pros
Good employees discount nice place to work
Cons
Productive and very fun work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2016
I learned how to mix different products to make 1 and how to put together parts to make flat irons my coworkers was very loving people the most good part is the owners gave us parties
Company conducts business by fear and hostility
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2016
I was very excited to join FSI in a management position.I first thought it was a great environment and the employees and managers seemed at first to have a solid team.
I soon learned that everyone in this company is job-scared and works in a fearful and hostile environment.

The company is a big corporation, but it is run by a family, so it's like a mom and pop store. The family is very unprofessional and they run the company by intimidation, it is their way or the highway. The family has been fortunate to make a lot of money, and they abuse this privilege by treating employees as a second thought.The leadership changed from one relative to
another while I was there and the state of chaos and confusion was never ending. The employees I worked with tried their hardest to keep a balance and had goals, but the operating systems were changed regularly, without notice. Some projects that had been worked on for years would be abruptly halted. The family has a special group of certain friends and employees that feed them information in order to secure their futures. Rumors about employees are spread around the company like wildfire
by these friends and employees and you never know who will be given the axe next.

I would have liked to have good things to say about FSI, but I would warn anyone thinking about working there that it is a really unstable company. I would advise you to run.......
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
No respect for any employee, if your face doesn't fit then you're out of a job
N/a
IT Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2015
It was a great company to work, only wished they would've offered more for salary. My team was great, the only con was the commute to and from work.