Fas Mart Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Sales Associate/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Clintwood, VAJuly 9, 2019
As long as you have common sense and have good customer service this job is for you! If you can’t smile at every single customer and are able to have small conversation with customers then you wouldn’t like this job. Yes they do ask a lot, but most of it is cleaning and if you are lazy don’t waste your time. I love my job here at Fas-Mart and my manager is the best!
Good for a short time.
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  Haysi, VAJuly 7, 2019
Don't work well with you. Trying to get out of the deli and they keep putting me right back in there. Have gotta to where I hate that place with a passion.
Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 5, 2019
Working alone without a manager breathing down your neck was always a perk. It could get scary when random drugged up a**holes threatened your life otherwise I enjoyed it.
Temporary Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 30, 2019
Fasmart is a place if you are looking for a check for a temporary time frame. There is no career advancement and always understaffed. I would not recommend anyone to apply here.
Pros
coworker
Cons
no structure, bad scheduling, no benefits
Horrible management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, VAJune 24, 2019
Bad management. Low training. Lots of blaming to save the management. Bad employees hired and low team work. The whole district was awful. I would never work there or advise anybody i know to work there
Pros
Customers
Cons
Everything else
Very unnessarily stressful
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJune 20, 2019
Do not walk away from this job, RUN FROM IT. Never ever apply here. They don't care one wit about their employees and will take advantage of you at every aspect of the job. They will try to demand you stay over your assigned hours right in the middle of your shift just because another lazy coworker decided to call off for their shift. If you are a nonsmoker you will have to cover for all trhe smokers taking breaks every half hour. This job is nothing but stress
Cons
Office and store is oil and water
Former staff member (Former Employee) –  Richmond officeJune 17, 2019
Run away quickly . Office staff believe the spew they preach but never live up to it,. The stores make the the money and I have heard more than once that personnel come a dime a dozen. Well that's true, and that why all the good ones work elsewhere and you got the shaft
Pros
Cons
Third world company
It was a fast paced loving job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 11, 2019
I learned how to run their register for it was different the ones I'm used to. I learned how to use the handheld to check vendors in for it was different. I love working with the public even though it was hard at times. I learned how to keep my composure during a robbery. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything and I would go back if I could.
very overbaring
Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILJune 5, 2019
A typical day at fas mart was very overwhelming due to the owner or district manager calling non stop or texting non stop all day long. I did however learn a lot from being in this position for almost a year. I learned how to put data in the computer properly, which was key. As far as my store was concerned the workplace environment was fun and clean. We worked hard on keeping a clean store. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the district manager. Nothing was ever good enough for her. As well as, my relationship became strained from the attention the store and my boss needed which ended in my relationship with my kids father failing.
Pros
great pay, wonderful employees
Cons
management disagreements, impacted my relationship and my parenting
Poor place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VAMay 28, 2019
Worked for the time being as i was in highschool. The job did not appreciate my work driven attitude and did not reciprocate my views towards my job..
never again
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 22, 2019
The one and only time i will work in the food industry
the major issue was the lack of competent people. due to the fact they don't hire anyone with any kind of charges. Generally the only people who were applying were desperate people that were having trouble finding jobs because of small misdemeanor possession charges and what not. So the deli manager had to split up the competent people with the incompetent and i got stuck with a kid with sever mental deficiencies ever single night and if i was working in the morning it would be right after said night. so id have to stay late to finish all the cleaning which would take me to about 11pm and then turn around and come back in at 3:30am to start the morning routine. my schedule was typically 3pm to 12am 3:30am - 4pm with no lunch and no breaks and its apparently legal because of some loophole in the federal labor law? but the kid i was forced to work with at night just made everything so much worse. he would throw raw chicken across the deli. he broke the sink off the wall by sitting on it. he wasn't allowed to clean the dishes because he didn't do a good job. he wasn't allowed to clean the food display area because of the same reason. he wasn't allowed to cook because it would come out horrific and raw most of the time. he wasn't really allowed to do anything but i was told they were not allowed to fire him because his parents could sue them. not to mention i was the one getting in trouble for having to stay over an extra hour or two to get the cleaning done because well he wasn't allowed to clean and if he did clean i was
  more... accountable for whatever wasn't up to par when the deli manager opened the deli the next morning. i was also the only person that was scheduled to check in the McLane trucks. i was expected to clock out and sit at the store and wait for the truck to arrive. they would generally get to the store between 1am and 3am and my scheduled shifts end time was 10:30. i would just have one of the girls that worked the register call me when the truck arrived and i explained to my manager that i absolutely refuse to be forced to sit anywhere for more than 30mins without being paid for it. it only takes me 10minutes to get from home to that fas mart so id get back before the drivers were done unloading.
eventually i told my manager that i will not close the deli and be forced to open it back up again 3 hours later and gave her a schedule i had worked out to give all the employees decent working hours and that would prevent the occurrence of someone being forced to close then open she immediately shot it down and that next week i was scheduled for a close open again to which i replied by turning my phone off and never returning except for 2 months later when i came to get my last check
i really don't understand how anyone would ever put up with such conditions for 7.25 and hour
Pros
really good chicken tenders
Cons
you dont get them for free
Fun place to work and good people to be around
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  King George, VAMay 15, 2019
It’s a fun place to work because every is kind and respect full to each other and the work hours are fine and that each employees respect each other and make sure each person is on task
Pros
Free drinks and flexible hours
Cons
Long shifts
Run away
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 14, 2019
Long hours. unreliable staff. Rundown stores.pay is abysmal. However I love a good majority of my customers that keep coming back. Lower volume stores can only have single coverage shifts
Pros
Customers
Cons
So much work for such little pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 12, 2019
The amount of work that is done by the Sales Associates deserves better pay. Night shift doesn’t get breaks - no bathroom or smoke breaks. There are no lunch breaks, regardless of what shift you are working. You have to eat while you work. Only one person on night shift which makes it stressful on weekend nights when it’s busy. In addition to ringing up customers, you have to clean and stock everything with no help and most of the time you’re at risk of being wrote up because you can’t get everything done by the end of shift.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
No breaks, low pay, no help
assistant manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 17, 2019
under paid for the job that you perform. they have a very difficult time being staffed not only because of location but pay as well. store has many things that need to be upgraded seemed that every week a machine was breaking down or the AC unit was going out.
Maternity leave
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 16, 2019
When i was hired i was pregnant and was promised maternity leave. Well when the time came i was told i would lose my job and have to try to reapply because i hadn't been employed long enough...
Pros
Not one pro
Cons
Everything!
Messed up
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 7, 2019
The management doesn’t care about the employees and when you approach them with. Situation they don’t believe the new employees at all. I wouldn’t even rate them if I didn’t have to. Customers are nice but the crew and Managers not at all
Very unsatisfactory place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCFebruary 14, 2019
A typical day at work was very unsatisfactory. Customers complained about our outdated gas pumps and blamed me. We never had proper cleaning supplies.Dishes were not sanitized and left greasy and .. I am the only one who cleaned the bathrooms.There was no proper cleaning supplies.We need to hire replacement employees.Employee come into work late or call in all the time and are not reprehended.our cooking equipment is out off date and nasty, We run out of food. The customers complain about not having pizzas because we never have the right supplies.to make them.Our new manager is lazy and does not know how to order proper groceries,we are always running out of bags. I have been bring my own cleaning supplies. With no repayment for the money I spent. I was promised every other weekend off and I have worked 5 weekends in a row. The hardest part off my job is mopping floors and cleaning the restrooms. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and bondind with my customers.
Pros
I love my customers and I love working.
Cons
Very unstable working emviroment an poor management
Moderate place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bassett, VAFebruary 4, 2019
No advancement. This is more of a job for high school students looking to save for college. Not something recommended for a FT position. Hardly any benefits.
Cons
No breaks
Do work there.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJanuary 15, 2019
As a manager you never have time to spend with your family. You always on call and hours are long. Some customer can be rude and you do the best you can to please them.