Fas Mart Employee Reviews

It was a fast paced loving job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 11, 2019
I learned how to run their register for it was different the ones I'm used to. I learned how to use the handheld to check vendors in for it was different. I love working with the public even though it was hard at times. I learned how to keep my composure during a robbery. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything and I would go back if I could.
Poor place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VAMay 28, 2019
Worked for the time being as i was in highschool. The job did not appreciate my work driven attitude and did not reciprocate my views towards my job..
never again
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 22, 2019
The one and only time i will work in the food industry
the major issue was the lack of competent people. due to the fact they don't hire anyone with any kind of charges. Generally the only people who were applying were desperate people that were having trouble finding jobs because of small misdemeanor possession charges and what not. So the deli manager had to split up the competent people with the incompetent and i got stuck with a kid with sever mental deficiencies ever single night and if i was working in the morning it would be right after said night. so id have to stay late to finish all the cleaning which would take me to about 11pm and then turn around and come back in at 3:30am to start the morning routine. my schedule was typically 3pm to 12am 3:30am - 4pm with no lunch and no breaks and its apparently legal because of some loophole in the federal labor law? but the kid i was forced to work with at night just made everything so much worse. he would throw raw chicken across the deli. he broke the sink off the wall by sitting on it. he wasn't allowed to clean the dishes because he didn't do a good job. he wasn't allowed to clean the food display area because of the same reason. he wasn't allowed to cook because it would come out horrific and raw most of the time. he wasn't really allowed to do anything but i was told they were not allowed to fire him because his parents could sue them. not to mention i was the one getting in trouble for having to stay over an extra hour or two to get the cleaning done because well he wasn't allowed to clean and if he did clean i was
  more... accountable for whatever wasn't up to par when the deli manager opened the deli the next morning. i was also the only person that was scheduled to check in the McLane trucks. i was expected to clock out and sit at the store and wait for the truck to arrive. they would generally get to the store between 1am and 3am and my scheduled shifts end time was 10:30. i would just have one of the girls that worked the register call me when the truck arrived and i explained to my manager that i absolutely refuse to be forced to sit anywhere for more than 30mins without being paid for it. it only takes me 10minutes to get from home to that fas mart so id get back before the drivers were done unloading.
eventually i told my manager that i will not close the deli and be forced to open it back up again 3 hours later and gave her a schedule i had worked out to give all the employees decent working hours and that would prevent the occurrence of someone being forced to close then open she immediately shot it down and that next week i was scheduled for a close open again to which i replied by turning my phone off and never returning except for 2 months later when i came to get my last check
i really don't understand how anyone would ever put up with such conditions for 7.25 and hour
Pros
really good chicken tenders
Cons
you dont get them for free
Fun place to work and good people to be around
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  King George, VAMay 15, 2019
It’s a fun place to work because every is kind and respect full to each other and the work hours are fine and that each employees respect each other and make sure each person is on task
Pros
Free drinks and flexible hours
Cons
Long shifts
Run away
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 14, 2019
Long hours. unreliable staff. Rundown stores.pay is abysmal. However I love a good majority of my customers that keep coming back. Lower volume stores can only have single coverage shifts
Pros
Customers
Cons
So much work for such little pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 12, 2019
The amount of work that is done by the Sales Associates deserves better pay. Night shift doesn’t get breaks - no bathroom or smoke breaks. There are no lunch breaks, regardless of what shift you are working. You have to eat while you work. Only one person on night shift which makes it stressful on weekend nights when it’s busy. In addition to ringing up customers, you have to clean and stock everything with no help and most of the time you’re at risk of being wrote up because you can’t get everything done by the end of shift.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
No breaks, low pay, no help
assistant manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 17, 2019
under paid for the job that you perform. they have a very difficult time being staffed not only because of location but pay as well. store has many things that need to be upgraded seemed that every week a machine was breaking down or the AC unit was going out.
Maternity leave
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 16, 2019
When i was hired i was pregnant and was promised maternity leave. Well when the time came i was told i would lose my job and have to try to reapply because i hadn't been employed long enough...
Pros
Not one pro
Cons
Everything!
Messed up
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 7, 2019
The management doesn’t care about the employees and when you approach them with. Situation they don’t believe the new employees at all. I wouldn’t even rate them if I didn’t have to. Customers are nice but the crew and Managers not at all
Very unsatisfactory place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCFebruary 14, 2019
A typical day at work was very unsatisfactory. Customers complained about our outdated gas pumps and blamed me. We never had proper cleaning supplies.Dishes were not sanitized and left greasy and .. I am the only one who cleaned the bathrooms.There was no proper cleaning supplies.We need to hire replacement employees.Employee come into work late or call in all the time and are not reprehended.our cooking equipment is out off date and nasty, We run out of food. The customers complain about not having pizzas because we never have the right supplies.to make them.Our new manager is lazy and does not know how to order proper groceries,we are always running out of bags. I have been bring my own cleaning supplies. With no repayment for the money I spent. I was promised every other weekend off and I have worked 5 weekends in a row. The hardest part off my job is mopping floors and cleaning the restrooms. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and bondind with my customers.
Pros
I love my customers and I love working.
Cons
Very unstable working emviroment an poor management
Moderate place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bassett, VAFebruary 4, 2019
No advancement. This is more of a job for high school students looking to save for college. Not something recommended for a FT position. Hardly any benefits.
Cons
No breaks
Do work there.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJanuary 15, 2019
As a manager you never have time to spend with your family. You always on call and hours are long. Some customer can be rude and you do the best you can to please them.
Not a good balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 29, 2018
If you like bartending its not so bad, I wouldnt call the company equal opportunity...enjoyed coworkers ................................................
Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 20, 2018
Working for Fas Mart on night shift was terrible. No plan for restroom use or breaks for night shift personnel. As the only person on shift, one was not allowed to lock door except for end of shift/computer nightly reboot.
It was decent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, VANovember 1, 2018
Customers were great but the district manager was strict, most of the staff never did anything that they were supposed to do. The coolers we're barely stocked even when I wasnt working night shift
Pros
Free soda health benefits
Cons
You get talked about behind your back
Fun work place
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, VaNovember 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at Fasmart for the three years that I was there. It was a fast pace environment, always something to do there. I love the boss as well, he was good to work for.
Cons
No free meals or discounts
Horrible workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYOctober 17, 2018
Manager was very rude, caused alot of drama, was spiteful, had you cover her shifts with no notice and made it mandatory, no lunch breaks, had to work 12+ hours most days.
Enjoyed my working enviroment
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VirginiaOctober 2, 2018
Maintained 60 properties, negotiated lease agreements, dispatch maintenance service calls, supervising staff and visiting properties on a daily bases.
Enjoyed most of the customers and co-workers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gordonsville, VASeptember 27, 2018
A typical day - having work crews come in and purchase a variety of items, regular customers that would come in just to purchase lottery scratch tickets.
Promote items that are on special, compete with other stores to see which store can promote more sales.
The hardest part of this job was dealing with some of the lottery customers. No matter how nice you are to them they are still rude.
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, together we worked as a team and accomplished amazing sales.
Pros
Giving excellent customer service
Cons
Working different hours each week.
High paced, high stress
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Stanleytown, VASeptember 24, 2018
Very hectic, busy and stressful. Some management was very hard to deal with.I liked working with the employees and talking to regular customers daily.
Pros
Paid vacation time
Cons
No breaks