Fashion Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Working at FIT
Educational Opportunity Fund Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2019
It is a very creative environment which is great. However, management is not the best. A typical day is to see students, make sure we try to plan for any programs through out the semester and plan for our summer program.
Pros
Vacation days and working in a creative environment
Cons
Management and lack of knowledge
Fast Pace and Productive
Secretary III / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
A typical day at work I am first in to open the office and meet with supervisor to go over daily work schedules. In my office we work independently at a fast pace. I currently work with over 80 faculty members and 5 staff. I am supervisor to the receptionist area and train new hired staff. I over see the day to day activity of the department.
Pros
The benefits of working at a school days off and flexibility
Cons
no cons on my behalf
Teachers Assistant
Graphic Design Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2019
It was a great learning experience and I was able to meet a lot of amazing people. I was able to engage with students and learn by shadowing a professor who was in the graphic design field.
interesting opportunity
Professor of Retail Planning & Allocation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2018
Overall great pace to work, but salary does not compensate for work. As an adjunct professor they only pay for in class hours and do not account for many more hours needed for prep and grading.
A great working experience for me
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
Loved working there! i was in my element. It was myself and my students. I enjoyed helping my students achieve their objectives and get their projects dine.
Pros
i was doing what I love!
Cons
Course schedules and supply problems
Flexible hours
Secretary of the College (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2019
Great place to work. Many challenges and rewarding place to work. The school environment is a great place to learn and grow with the help of the many knowledgeable people.
math tutor
Mathematics Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
It is great place to work, help people and keep your own knowledge/skills current so that you don't forget information you learned during your own coursework.
Excellent
Financial Aid Counselor Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
Excellent work environment with supportive supervisors, great collegial staff, many on-campus benefits, and enjoyed helping students. Nice work environment.
Pros
excellent work environmet
Cons
lack of promotional opportunities
overall grt place to work
Support Services Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
great place to work, especially enjoy the Summer Fridays. no dress code. I enjoy the college population - lots of young people to interact with. the staff can be a little pretentious, but overall everyone is cool.
no comment
Instructor of Lighting Design 101 and 102 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
no comment, was only a part time worker. Night time classes only.
no benefits and no advancement possible.Teaching young students was not what I signed up for. Wanted to teach students more interested in lighting design.
Pros
own hours
Cons
low pay
Fun and creative work place to work
Adjunct Professor, CCE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2018
Team oriented environment. Enjoyable, not too stressful. It was a great place to work/share your work experiences and give students a fair look at the industry they plan to go into.
hhmmmm
Product Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2018
not sure of what you want me to say--can't really say anything and truly don't know what you want really--so just going to type away and make sure i get to the minimum
Pros
gree
Summer art program for high school students
Student (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2018
The program was aimed at high school students, I took a class in color theory the first year and I took classes in illustration and sewing my second year. It is a relatively pleasant environment for art-making, and professors were understanding. I developed my artistic ability and skills.
Pros
improved artistic skills
Cons
need to carry heavy art supplies
I Was an RA
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for FIT as a Resident assistant. I am not sure what else to say other then it was an overall good experience. .... Recomened 10/10 !
I got what I paid for.
Full time Student/ Designer in training (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
It wasn't the best school but by far was it one of the most affordable ones in NYC. The graphic department is good but I learned most of the basics before I got to college.
Pros
good skill building
Cons
sometimes unskilled preofessors
great pople
Technology- Director HRIT (Current Employee) –  NYJune 7, 2018
interesting place Spent 4 years and each day is an adventure. It is a place where you are free to express yourself and pride's itself on it's students
Creative and positive with supportive teachers and culture
Co-Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
Great environment to teach in. Students are serious and the other teachers are supportive and contribute to helping out. Portfolio reviews are positive and constructive. Students are very respectful and ambitious.
Nice place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2018
I have been employed at fashion Institute of Technology since 2001. I am an Adjunct Professor of Physical Education. I teach classes for credit to students. I give lecture presentations and I teach exercises. I really enjoy working at this SUNY college. I love helping and educating students on all facets of health and wellness.
Fashion Styling
Fashion Stylist Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2018
I like working during new york fashion week. It's a great experience to gain knowledge and have fun. It's a very resourceful gig and great atmosphere.
Pros
Fun
Great experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2018
Helping others I learned about other students. It was a nice and rewarding experience. It helped me develop more communicating skills and also to reinforce all that I learned at school.