Fast Pace Urgent Care Culture reviews

Drama and cliques. If you aren't like by one person then you are in for a hostile work environment.
Clinical (Current Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 4, 2018
Busy but it makes the day go by fast
I learned a lot about medications, medical problems, diseases, etc.
If you aren't liked by management or a favorite you can hang it up.
There is no culture at most of the clinics I've been to. The staff do not welcome outsiders and if you aren't liked by one person you're in for a stressful and hostile work environment. Oh, and do not let friends of the Regional Directors know how you feel about certain work related issues because it will go straight to the Regional Director and you are treated as an outcast. Everyone tells on everyone. You can't have your own opinion here. I've never worked for a company that has so many bullies who love to see people get fired. I had a clinical coordinator tell the Regional Director at the time that I had stolen a vial of medication. That was the most absurd thing that had ever happened to me. Staff try to get others that they do not like FIRED!!!
There is nothing enjoyable. Your salary is based on whether the Regional Director likes you or not.
Cons
Drama, hostile work environments, bullies and favorites
December 6, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate our employees and are known for providing great, affordable healthcare where patient care is our #1 priority. We regret that you felt differently. If you’d like to discuss this further, please contact Human Resources at 931.253.1110 option 5 (Human Resources).

Do not Waist any of your time with this poor managed company
Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro TN - Spring Hill TnNovember 19, 2018
If you want to work for a company that is not well managed, has several unqualified "buddy" system managers, then this is the place for you. You are not allowed to advance ( even after several years) into any upper management jobs per the close buddy system that exists in HR and upper management - its a "who you know" instead of what you know culture - information & communication are horrible. Information seldom ever reaches the clinics or when information does, it has changed or is not presented correctly. It is hard to explain the culture of this "who you know club". You will not be on the inside unlesss you are willing to live in Waynesboro TN and constantly sweet talk certain employees to get in with the group. No confidentially exists in this company - you can not go to anyone in HR or upper management with a need or issue and issue be kept confidential. I strongly do not recommend anyone working for this company, you will be waisting your time and career here.
Pros
Clinics located in smaller communities -
Cons
Cut throat - culture- no employee value or opportunities - buddy system with promotions
November 21, 2018

Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNAugust 30, 2018
Great experience working for this company, Met lots of new faces and enjoyed the atmosphere and awesome co workers. Fast Pace is always about patient care and thats where its at
August 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We were fortunate to have you as a part of the team.

Fast-pace
FNP student (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNApril 27, 2018
Work place culture is desirable. Hardest part of the job is convincing patient's there is no indication for antibiotics for an obviously viral syndrome.
April 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are fortunate to have you as a part of the team.

Poor Management, No Protocols, Everyone is Expendable
Provider (Former Employee) –  Algood, TNJanuary 5, 2018
Fast Pace started with a great goal and vision, to provide care to rural people who otherwise wouldn't have access to affordable healthcare. The problem is that once upper management got a little taste of the GREEN OPIUM, it spiraled out of control. Their goal is to open as many clinics as quickly as possible. They don't wait until they have adequate staffing, they just except their current employees to drive h ours to fill those slots on their off days. It is ridiculous. Also, they will tell you one thing and do another, especially with scheduling. If you can work yourself to the bone, because you know what you're doing and are efficient, then they will send help elsewhere, even if you're seeing double the number of patients as other clinics. Also, they don't adequately train personnel prior to putting them to work at full time positions or allowing them to pick up shifts. This was something I brought up to management, there needs to be protocols, there needs to be training standards that have to be met prior to working alone. You will go to one clinic and will receive excellent care, and then go to another clinic and see a provider that has no clue what they're doing. It's insane and very dangerous. They are also very unethical and there are a lot of office politics going on. People get promoted that have no clue how to run a business. There are also "regional directors" that are telling providers what to do that don't know the first thing about practicing medicine. Many clinics also have new grads working there as providers that are flying by the seat of their pants. MY ADVICE:  more... IF you are absolutely desperate for a job and don't have any other options, work here for a little experience. Otherwise, RUN!!!!!! Run far, far away!!!!!! And if you DO work here, especially as a provider, ask for top dollar! Trust me, you will make them bank!!!!!  less
Pros
close to home
Cons
no breaks, excessive patients and no help, terrible management!
January 21, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your bad experience. We appreciate our employees and are known for providing great, affordable healthcare where patient care is our #1 priority. We regret that you felt differently. If you’d like to discuss this further, please contact Human Resources at 615-988-1631.

Great place to work with nice people
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNNovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Management was fair, salary competitive. Hours was great. Only every other weekend. Loves the environment. And the caregivers are too knotch.
Office Politics
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  brentwood/clinicsSeptember 17, 2017
Great location, nice furniture, and nice interior decorating. The office politics was difficult to deal with. Every office will have a drama queen and king...the drama is overboard, here.
Pros
nice furniture
Cons
drama - office cliques
January 21, 2018

Problems - ignored
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  brentwood/clinic urgent care officeSeptember 6, 2017
If you like drama and office politics you will feel right at home. They might have some good ole southerns waiting on the patients - good ole boys and gals, BUT this place is run by some yankee doodle dandies. Seriously, folks....management sucks in my opinion, and if you don't have good management...what else is left? You have no one to back you up. Also, if you should you have any problems with vendors...you are screwed...too much drama!!!! HR..what can I say - hee...hee...ha....ha....whatever.............
Pros
nice furniture
Cons
drama
You Will Be Sorry
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  corporate office/clinicsAugust 2, 2017
Don't waste your time. Management will turn a deaf ear. The vendors can be difficult to work with...if you have a problem with a vendor...good luck. If you have experience...they don't want to know about it. If you have an idea...that idea better come from someone that is in the office clique. Tennesseans and Kentuckians might be helping the patients, most of the people running the show, aren't from Tennessee or Kentucky
Pros
I wish I could fine one
Cons
office politics
Not enough experienced staff to continue growth
Staff (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, TNJuly 13, 2017
Very bad work environment. Management is very much a part of the bad work environment. Tons of office politics and most don't know what they doing outside of creating most of the drama. Staff very stressed from the lack of good management.
Pros
Clinic Growth
Cons
Unprofessional environment and staff
Not a supportive environment
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Brentwood/clinicsJune 28, 2017
Office politics/drama Management has no clue - or they just don't care. High turnover, no support, and certain people love to cause trouble. Management not supportive!!
Cons
Dead-end
Growing and Rewarding Career
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 24, 2017
While Fast Pace is rapidly growing, this company truly makes you feel like you are part of a caring family. They offer very competitive wages and a solid benefits package. Management works diligently to make sure that everyone is treated fairly and is rewarded for their hard work.
Pros
Strong Company Growth, Family atmosphere
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Middle TNMarch 21, 2017
I love working for Fast Pace. I love the work place culture. They really care about you and your well being. The patients are made a priority and that is really refreshing!
LOVE working here
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJanuary 22, 2017
I have nothing but good things to say about this company. I love it! Our practitioner is absolutely wonderful. A great leader, teacher, friend. No drama, no cliques. Benefits could be better and cheaper. Mileage reimbursement is fantastic. Brand new facility, equipment. See new stuff everyday. Management has been supportive. Yes, if someone comes in at 758 we have to take them but we all tagteam and get it done! Love!
Pros
Cons
Cheaper benefits
Worst office politics ever
office (Former Employee) –  officeJanuary 11, 2017
Worse office politics I have ever encountered. No support from supervisors or managers.. A company is as good as it treats its employees. Drama and plenty of it.
Pros
Cons
drama, misinformed management, very high turnover
Office Cliques and Bad Management
office (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN/and ClinicsOctober 26, 2016
The office politics with FPUC is one of the worst. The cliques in the office cause so much trouble for the hard working employee. Some managers appear to encourage clique like behavior. The turnover is unbelievable.
Pros
building new clinics
Cons
cliques, high turnover, office drama, office politics, poor management style
Not Supportive
worker (Former Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 2, 2016
The working environment is not a supportive one. The turn-over is high, and you don't feel valued. Clinic/Office politics is high on the scale, reminds me of high school - cliques. I am not sure if top level management really knows what is going on or if they even care. Working here will leave you not feeling valued for the hard work that you do.
Pros
A growing company
Cons
Not supportive, cliques, top level management not informed, they don't value hard working employees, huge turnover, poor management style
fun workplace
Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNMay 31, 2016
great office setting with great management. I have learned something new every time I have worked. I am PRN. I love seeing new things.
Pros
everything
Co-Worker Support
LPN (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, TNOctober 17, 2015
The support of your co-workers is wonderful. Someone is always willing to jump in and help out in a time of need. Great patient care.
Pros
Co-worker support
Cons
Hard to advance.
Great compensation, little respect
employee (Current Employee) –  tennesseeApril 30, 2015
Fast Pace is a great place to gain experience as a new provider and the pay is good. However, the company is growing too rapidly and the culture and Christian basis from which the company began is dissipating. The new president is concerned only about money and the providers are just a money-making tool.
Pros
Good pay and decent benefits
Cons
No lunch break, 12 hour shifts turn in to 13 or 14 hour shifts almost daily, poor communication