Fast Pace Urgent Care Management reviews

Providers Beware
Provider (Current Employee) –  TN/KYMay 15, 2019
Everything negative you have read is true and more. The suprise change to salary without notice,the random firings,lack of respect,no breaks and slash in pay and benefits. It used to be great but it is no longer what is was founded upon,it is a for profit machine!
Pros
Wages
Cons
Benefits, hours, communication, organization, work life balance
May 16, 2019

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate our employees and are known for providing great, affordable healthcare where patient care is our #1 priority. We regret that you felt differently. If you’d like to discuss this further, please contact Human Resources at 931.253.1110 option 5 (Human Resources).

Awful treatment to employees. Especially by HR.
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oneida, TNApril 28, 2019
HR is a freaking joke. I was forced to take unpaid medical leave 3 months before my baby was due. This was two weeks away from my eligibility for FMLA. They were suppose to turn it to FMLA when my anniversary rolled around. They didn't. They tried to drop me to PRN before my FMLA would have been over. They refused to give me my position back.
Hours are absolutely ridiculous considering you are suppose to see every patient that comes in after hours.
If you don't fit in with certain cliques.. beware. One coworker tried to get me fired by lying about a medical condition I have. They believed her over me and the provider because she kissed butt.
Honestly, it's really not even worth it. The pay is good, but not for how much you work and what you have to deal with.
I'd avoid it like it's the black plague.
Pros
Maybe the pay
Cons
No breaks, drama, sketchy management, hours
May 7, 2019

Best thing is your team
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 18, 2019
Switched providers to salary without notice, now they’re all quitting. Used to pay for Heath insurance and now I have to pay for my insurance out of my own pocket. Pay is good for rural health but low for my area. Management doesn’t care if you have fifty patients in the lobby - you have to see every single one. Providers are stuck here with staff hours after closing because they can’t refuse patients and they don’t get paid for staying over. Corporate makes up rules as they go.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, hours
May 7, 2019

Enjoyed my job and meeting new people. Also able to provide the care they needed whether emergent or non emergent
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Central City, KYApril 3, 2019
As previously stated I loved meeting new people and able to help. I have always been a people person and that is why I enjoy working with the public. I know we have patients that can get upset or even demanding, but I always try to help in any way possible to resolve or get the help they need in a fast and courteous manner. I would prefer to work less hours during the day though, and the opportunity to have my nights and weekends off. At this moment, I work three twelve hour shifts in a row and working every other weekend.
Pros
Meet wonderful people everyday, able to help patients
Cons
12 hour shifts, poor management
NPs are not appreciated and treated like sweat shop workers
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNMarch 15, 2019
I just had my pay slashed and now they don't pay any overtime anymore. You will work over. There is no way around it. And you won't get paid. They switched us to salary and told us we don't have contracts anymore. I think that is illegal without both of us agreeing there is no longer a contract. I also don't think that it was the Department of Labors intentions of making people salary just for the sole purpose of removing overtime from its employees just so the company can profit more. This has got to be a class action lawsuit just waiting to be born. I am miserable here now. I'm scared to speak up. I'm scared of management and my regional director. They are taking an iron fist to the situation and people are leaving. I'm looking now. Hopefully find something very soon.
Pros
nothing really
Cons
everything right now.
🔴 not worth the stress
Clinic employee (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 4, 2019
This company maybe good for someone straight out of school with little or no knowledge of management or how a company should be ran. Upper management makes decisions/new policies/changes without notifying employees and employees are expected to follow along with no say. Upper management ignores attempts of employees reaching out for answers. They are also ok with short staffing one clinic to over staff another by having staff from busier clinic cover shifts at a less busy clinic. No incentives or bonuses and definitely no over time. Nothing like what you are told in the hiring process.
February 7, 2019

Not NP friendly
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  TNDecember 27, 2018
Working for FP was like being back in high school. If you weren’t in the clique, you were targeted. Clinic manager would have X-ray tech acting as upper management. If you aren’t in the “in crowd”, they may even fabricate stories to make you look bad.
Pros
The pay is fair but not worth the negatives!
Cons
Poor management, long hours with no breaks
January 2, 2019

Drama and cliques. If you aren't like by one person then you are in for a hostile work environment.
Clinical (Current Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 4, 2018
Busy but it makes the day go by fast
I learned a lot about medications, medical problems, diseases, etc.
If you aren't liked by management or a favorite you can hang it up.
There is no culture at most of the clinics I've been to. The staff do not welcome outsiders and if you aren't liked by one person you're in for a stressful and hostile work environment. Oh, and do not let friends of the Regional Directors know how you feel about certain work related issues because it will go straight to the Regional Director and you are treated as an outcast. Everyone tells on everyone. You can't have your own opinion here. I've never worked for a company that has so many bullies who love to see people get fired. I had a clinical coordinator tell the Regional Director at the time that I had stolen a vial of medication. That was the most absurd thing that had ever happened to me. Staff try to get others that they do not like FIRED!!!
There is nothing enjoyable. Your salary is based on whether the Regional Director likes you or not.
Cons
Drama, hostile work environments, bullies and favorites
December 6, 2018

Do not Waist any of your time with this poor managed company
Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro TN - Spring Hill TnNovember 19, 2018
If you want to work for a company that is not well managed, has several unqualified "buddy" system managers, then this is the place for you. You are not allowed to advance ( even after several years) into any upper management jobs per the close buddy system that exists in HR and upper management - its a "who you know" instead of what you know culture - information & communication are horrible. Information seldom ever reaches the clinics or when information does, it has changed or is not presented correctly. It is hard to explain the culture of this "who you know club". You will not be on the inside unlesss you are willing to live in Waynesboro TN and constantly sweet talk certain employees to get in with the group. No confidentially exists in this company - you can not go to anyone in HR or upper management with a need or issue and issue be kept confidential. I strongly do not recommend anyone working for this company, you will be waisting your time and career here.
Pros
Clinics located in smaller communities -
Cons
Cut throat - culture- no employee value or opportunities - buddy system with promotions
November 21, 2018

LPN Review
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  South Region TennesseeNovember 4, 2018
I worked with FP for a total of 4 years and thought this would be my forever job but the longer I stayed I started noticing a lot of issues.

1. I didn’t appreciate being lied to about receiving a “ cost of living” raise from management.

2. My starting rate was 15.95 and when I left 4 years later it was 16.95. Please tell me how this is right especially when you have gone above and beyond for this company.

3. You only receive 3.00 hours of PTO every 2 weeks so that’s 6 hrs of PTO a month. So we only get a full week off at the end of the year if you never take off, never get sick, or heaven forbid have a sick child u just won’t have enough hours to take off or u won’t get paid.

3. They are not properly staffed when it comes to PRN staff. They don’t have any requirements or should I say the requirements are not mandated and they’re never there when you need them. So don’t call out cause the clinic will be short staff and trust me there is no one that will come in to cover your shift

4. X-ray tech will make more money than u even though the LPNs do more work within the clinics, for instance training the Xray techs on how to do things they did not go to school for like giving injections.

5. Don’t talk to your manager when they are friends with the people u have issues with because trust me they won’t help the situation they just brush it under the rug. This company was and still is built on a “who-u-know” basis and not based on skills so that is why people state there is no job security within this company! Trust me I’ve seen it happen a few times when I worked
  more... there.

If you decide to work for this company just remember it comes with a lot of baggage good luck!
Pros
Off holidays
Cons
Everything below
November 8, 2018

Corrupt
Aprn (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYOctober 14, 2018
Will fire you without reason, just look at how many other have been fired. Doesn’t matter how good of an employee you are they will find a way. As a Np your boss is likely to be a LPN or RN and in my case have a family member that works works with you, you just better hope that employee likes you. You work 12 hr shifts, only 1 provider so you are unable to take a lunch break or leave the building for any reason. Closes at 8pm, they expect you to see patients until they stop coming in, if not you will get fired. No work/life balance here. It’s unfortunate this business is like this, I truly believe this is not the CEOs intent, but middle management has got to be changed. It’s corrupt, stay away.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Middle management
October 16, 2018

Front office Mt Washington
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mount Washington, KYOctober 10, 2018
Loved my job very much. Friendly coworkers and loved to work in my community. I was written up for things I didn't agree with. Salary wasn't great. Your at the mercy of your regional director and when things happen you don't really have any where to turn. Seen it happen to a few good hard-working people.
Pros
Co workers, close to home, Pto
Cons
Regional director, no staff support
October 12, 2018

Everybody will stab you in the back
Provider (Current Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 17, 2018
Patients, staff, and management will stab you in the back. Patients love writing bad reviews to try and target out one provider for not giving them a pain medication. And they will try their best to get you fired. You can do everything right and still come up short. Management picks their favorites. Luckily I am one, but you WILL be thrown under everybody else if you aren’t. You have to be to get promoted.
Other staffall want your role. Whether you’re clinic coordinator, regional director, really anything, they will make up lies about you and begin rumors just to get you fired. It’s like being in high school again.
The company will only continue to worsen, as they try to do too much; infusions, cardiac virtual medicine, psychiatric virtual medicine, etc
Pros
Most of the regional directors are nice
Cons
Unprofessional, no job security, cut-throT
September 19, 2018

Productive and Educational work environment
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Collinwood, TNSeptember 2, 2018
A typical day at work involves providing healthcare to rural communities. The management genuinely cares about their employees. The most rewarding part of the job is providing healthcare to patients who have low access to quality care.
Pros
Community involvement
September 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We were fortunate to have you as a part of the team.

🛑Proceed with caution
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNJuly 31, 2018
I worked at FP for 6 months. For 5 of the 6, I was being bullied by the clinic coordinator. I reached out to the Regional Director & CEO and nothing has been done.
Cons
No lunch breaks or regular breaks
August 1, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate our employees and are known for providing great, affordable healthcare where patient care is our #1 priority. We regret that you felt differently. If you’d like to discuss this further, please contact Human Resources at 615-988-1631.

!!Proceed with caution!!
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 25, 2018
If you decide to work for this company, make sure you have a back-up plan ready at all times. They will fire you at the drop of a dime for minor things that you had no idea was an issue until they fire you. The management team is full of secretaries and LPNs telling NPs what to do. Upper Leadership and HR are in cahoots with each other and will not stand up for the staff at all. For this to be such a large corporation, the way they treat the staff if absolutely terrible.
Pros
The money for NPs is on the upper end, but still don't pay enough for all you have to deal with
Cons
Will fire you for no reason, Rarely get a break, PTO is only 5 days a year, NPs to practice out of scope for procedures they don't even teach you.
July 27, 2018

Stressful
Nurse/ Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNJune 18, 2018
Clinic personnel run the clinics with little to no help from upper management. battle of the surrounding clinics to see whom has the higher numbers. patient used to be top priority, not anymore its all about how much money can we make to open more clinic to make more money.
June 20, 2018

growing too fast to care about individual clinics or employees
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sweetwater, TNMay 25, 2018
They seem to be more focused on how fast they can grow and open new clinics than patient or employee satisfaction. Communication is very poor also. If you like to be pro-active, passionate, and contribute ideas, this is not the place for you. If you like just punching a time clock and doing what you have to to get through the day, then it might be a good option. Don't come here and expect to care too much because management doesn't seem to. It could be so much better with just a few small tweaks.
Pros
location - close to home
Cons
management
May 28, 2018

Great Place to Work
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, TNApril 13, 2018
I felt Fast Pace was a great place to work with room for advancement. I will always be grateful to Fast Pace for my first management opportunity. Fast Pace is a company that follows its vision and believes in its employees.
April 16, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are fortunate to have had you a part of the team.

poor management
na (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMarch 26, 2018
Poor management. Higher ups ignore real problems. Regional directors are over 6+ clinics and do not have leadership and management education which leads to poor results. Do not think management actually cares about your thoughts or concerns.
Pros
newly built clinics
Cons
poor management
March 27, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fast Pace Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6