Fastaff
Happiness rating is 85 out of 100

Fastaff Employee Reviews

United States119 reviews

recruiterhousingtravelnurseassignmentnursinghospitalagency

What is the best part of working at the company?High pay and provided housing. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working here is stress-free!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Focuses on their employees…make them feel valued. What is a typical day like for you at the company?I’m able to focus on taking care of my patients without worrying about whether I will get paid at the end of the week.

No Support in My Role

Management is so absent, knows nothing, constantly hires more people to solve problems, but zero guidance and zero communication from management. They hire people and don't train them. People are in their own world and nobody cares.

December 9, 2022
Hello,We have received your review and would like to discuss your concerns further. Please give us a call at 800-736-8773 and ask to speak with an HR Representative. Thank you.

Fastaff insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Exercise caution and do your homework

HR/Payroll/Benefits can be a challenge. Limited availability, and support. If they make a mistake you pay the price in time/stress and money.This company also keeps large portion of the tax free stipend allowed by government AND the hourly bill rate.

Pros

Efficient compliancy process.

Cons

Payroll/HR/Benefit teams can be pretty hostile and inconsiderate

December 9, 2022

The emotional and professional support my recruiter brings to the table.

The hardest part of my job has been finding support from other staff members. You are always given an unfair patient load and the administration does not help you feel welcomed.

#1 agency in communication

This Agency runs their tax structure differently. You will pay more in taxes, but you cannot beat the peace of mind you get when traveling. Housing is provided on top of the quoted rate. This company doesn't trick you by lumping it altogether. This is a crisis company. They move very quickly which works well for my needs. If you enjoy the average, slow paced agency, you may find this stressful. You must be organized during credentialing. Con: **They did just get a new competency company to manage their testing that is offensively bad. I imagine they tried to save money here so they contracted with the payless shoe store of competency testing.

Pros

fast response times, adequate and safe housing provided, recruiters are always available

Cons

very expensive health insurance, limited assignments

October 20, 2022
Thank you for taking some time to leave a great review! Fastaff believes that communication is key in ensuring a high level work space, especially in our fast paced environment. We look forward to continuing to work with you in the future!

Consistently high paying contracts

Good company to work for. Many options for various contracts. The recruiter worked hard to find me a contract and make sure all the paperwork was good to go. I got interviews quickly at hospitals. The housing department was lacking.

Pros

Consistent pay, holiday bonuses, quick contracts

Cons

They have changed rate after signed agreement.

October 12, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We strive to maintain a high quality work space for our travelers. Our recruiters work hard to ensure excellent work conditions as well as great pay. We look forward to continuing to work with you in the future!

Caution

You can work here but it would be best if you do your research and ask the right questions. This are not always as they seem. Try before you commit.

September 12, 2022
Hello,We have received your review and would like to discuss the situation further. Please give us a call at 800-736-8773 and ask to speak with an HR Representative. Thank you.

Shorter assignments & always kept me working

I had one bad experience and my recruiter got me out of that hospital that night. Great support from recruiter!!!! The other jobs I had with them were great. I only took 4 week assignments in case I didn’t like the way I was received by the hospital employees

Pros

Short assignments and kep me working

September 12, 2022
Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad the recruiting team was able to give you exceptional support. This is what we strive for. We look forward to working with you on future assignments!

Productive and build your experience. They have great assignments. Great people to work for, the company has been around a long time.

Fun and love the different hospitals I have worked for, made me a strong nurse. Great salary and benefits. Great company longtevity. My experience also include ICU.

Pros

Free gifts great recruiter

Cons

Too far out on some assignments

June 29, 2022
Thank you for the 5-star review and your commitment to patient care. We look forward to working with you on your future assignments.

Extremely supportive and understanding recruiter

Fastaff was lovely and supportive. I had a daughter that was severely ill in the first month of my job and they gave me 2 weeks off without a problem. I resumed the rest of my contract without incidence. Very kind and considerate company. Couldn’t ask for better! Always paid on time. Benefits were great and affordable. 401 k plan was a bonus

June 29, 2022
Thank you for the amazing review. Our goal at Fastaff is to give you support while you are providing quality patient care.

Good and productive work place

This place was a really good facility and they knew their stuff. Everything was well organized and taken care of. The cases were all picked and set up prior to coming

June 29, 2022
Thank you for the 5-star review. We appreciate your commitment to patient care. We are looking forward to working with you again.

It was a very outgoing and fun environment overall.

The people were very helpful and so patient in teaching there to answer any and all questions. I only wish my I could have been there longer except they got slower. I would be happy to go back at any time!!!! The people are so wonderful and I absolutely miss it. It was a great experience and the type of job that was a first for me but I now know I want to make my career because of this experience.

Pros

It was a remote position so the lack of a commute.

Cons

Sometimes I didn't have enough to do because they were slowing down.

Great place to work!

Current corporate recruiter her! Great company to work for. Pros: Great people and great pay. Cons: very fast paced all the time. Hard to take time off.

Professional people and kind, working together to reach a common goal

Productive and professional, Very considerate when it comes to time management and setting goals. Also marching the right person for the right position.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Lack paid PTO

Grest travel company

Only downside is the benefits. The pay was excellent. My recruiter was great and attentive. Lots of high paying assignments for experienced nurses. I would work for Fastaff again.

Longevity of experience

I have worked for them for about 20 years. They have changed staff numerous times over the 20 years. The staff I usually work with have been there for more than 10 years. Familiarity is important to me.

Pros

Paid time off

Cons

Non personal

The pay rates are good. The people who are supposed to take care of travellers are awful.

If all you care about is the money then fastaff is for you. But as a travel nurse who has worked for multiple agencies over the past 8 years, let me tell you if you want any consideration for yourself as an employee then RUN. Go elsewhere. At every level working for fastaff is awful. No responses from recruiters or pay dept, no word from compliance and Credentialing. The idea is if we offer high enough pay then we can treat you like a number. This will be my one and only contract with them, and I am not even sure I will finish it.

Pros

High pay

Cons

Terrible care of travel nurse

Great temporary opportunity

I worked as a temp for a short period of time so many questions about PTO and paternity/maternity leave I wouldn't know about as I was not eligible for such benefits.

Productive, fun, and amazing place to work

One of the best and highest paid travel agencies I've worked at since I started traveling. I have been traveling with them for a very long time. I love and appreciate the adventures, I appreciate their flexibility with my schedule and their patients when I'm working at a permanent position. I am compensated very well.

Pros

Pay, management, communication, growth, adventure, pay

Cons

Stability and unpredictability.

good

good pay excant staff they a,ways respond I have a birkin bag now because of this jib im so happy abou this jib thank you fastaf fir the good pay now

good

Cons

non

Very fast paced with immense patient need

Worked strictly on Covid unit at Delnor. Great nurses & management. PCTs were scarce, not enough scheduled. Pulmonary doc was rude, other docs nice!

Pros

Awesome staff

Cons

Very little break if you do get one

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastaff. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.8
InHerSight Score
5.0Personal Development
5.0Career Opportunities
4.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight