FastMed Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Overworked, understaffed, underpayed
Radiologist Technologist /Patient Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJanuary 3, 2019
I got hired here after externing for 600 hours and at first I liked it but we got new management. We were only scheduled one person in the front and one person in the back with seeing 50+ patients working 12+ hours a day with no lunch breaks.
January 5, 2019

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad that you chose FastMed as the right fit to complete your extern hours. We are always evaluating patient flow and volume. We cannot always predict the volume. I am here to always discuss any issues. Please feel free to email me at humanresources@fastmed.com.

Used to be good
Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Working here used to be enjoyable. Now everyone is looking for new jobs. Management has no leadership skills. It seems they were promoted based solely on longevity and not merit. If you get in good (brown nose) with management you will have a pleasant work experience.
Pros
Providers
January 14, 2019

Thank you for the feedback. I will have to disagree with you on this one. As any strong company, we learn each day. As a team member who has worked with FastMed for 11 years, we are good and strong. I hate to hear that team members are looking possibilities outside of FastMed. We encourage internal promotion for growth. I would like to hear more about what you have to say. Will you please email me at humanresources@fastmed.com.

Decent but not great
Mid-Carolinas Regional OHS Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCDecember 22, 2018
Okay place to work. More a job than a career. Benefits are offered. Upper management out of touch with the needs and concerns of their employees. YMMV!
December 26, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. FastMed works hard to teach all individuals what it means to work WITH and FOR other people. We feel that's what makes working at FastMed a different than our peers.

I would like to have a chance to discuss your feedback. Would you email me at humanresources@fastmed.com.

overworked and underpaid
Registered Medical Assistant/Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCDecember 16, 2018
unrealistic expectations and work load, busy clinics that are understaffed. pay and benefits are mediocre and the environment stressful for staff members (providers and clinical assistants alike) Revenue driven corporation with low quality healthcare.
December 17, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We work diligently to ensure that we are providing the best qualify healthcare per our Mission, Vision and Values. I am sad to read that you left with these feelings. Busy clinics equal hard working team members. We value their dedication to their fellow team members and their patients.

Do not believe anything they say in the interview
Dont want to answer because of retaliation (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 7, 2018
I read the reviews before I took the job but didn’t think it could be so bad. Every job has something you won’t like but this is horrible. One review said they replaced the CEO, CFO, COM, and other upper management this year. Found out today the HR department quit. I mean the whole department. Now there is no over-time allowed and hours are cut to 30-33 and not enough staff. Patient care is not good because you can’t take the time you need with each patient. It’s a circus. I never see my family. I’m looking for another job and wish I believed the reviews before taking the job. I read the answers to the reviews and they look like they care. If you want to know why everyone is leaving you should ask the employees for help fixing the problems before they leave.
Pros
My supervisor is a nice person and my coworkers
Cons
Company culture upper management
December 9, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. I am very sad to see this. Normally, I do not reply to individual notes regarding a post, however I feel that this one is a little different. The HR team members whom decided to leave for job promotions were sad to be leaving and the feeling is very much mutual. I am very proud of the accomplishments and success of both team members. What is the most disheartening is that this really is how you feel. I would like the opportunity to work with you to understand what is going on. As a company, we need to understand what is happening so that we can work to fix it. I would really appreciate a moment of your time. Please email me at humanresources@fastmed.com.

Poor management, no lunch
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NcDecember 20, 2018
managment is very poor and dont treat ppl with respect. You dont actually get lunches. They lie about a lot of thing when you get hired, like if you have questions you can call certain ppl and they will Answer you calls that never happened
Pros
2 free visits
Cons
No lunch breaks
December 26, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience while working with FastMed. I would like to hear more about your experience. Would you please email me at humanresources@fastmed.com?

If you desperately need a paycheck.
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 25, 2019
I’ve been working in Urgent Care for almost 15 years. First at NextCare, then at FastMed. FastMed’s compensation is horrible. I have an Associates Degree and make less than I did starting out in 2005, when I graduated. The work is typical of Urgent Care, but the staffing leaves a lot to be desired. Killing yourself at this job would at least be worth it if you didn’t get paid so little. The only reason I’m still there is because I love what I do, who I work with and am desperately praying for a miracle in upper management. 4 years with no raise and have been told I was getting a raise for months, but have yet to see it. I have even seen a change in our entire staff. No one loves coming to work anymore, every clinic I have worked at even the providers hate it. The only reason to work here is if you truly love healthcare. I really wish I could say it’s a great place to work, hopefully I will be able to some day!
Pros
Co-workers, patients, variety of patients
Cons
Pay, benefits, staffing model
Horrible Company- I wanted to give ZERO stars
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 2, 2019
It has been a few years since I worked for Fastmed. It will be hard to even list all the horrible things about this job. We were always staffed with a skeleton crew, which was a detriment to patient care. Patients were always angry, because they waited hours to be seen. I literally wouldn't have time to eat or use the bathroom. You are not allowed to clock out and leave the building on your lunch break, because there is no coverage. The overtime was mandatory, a 12 hour shift would turn into 14 hours regularly. The pay was horrible and inconsistent. They do not pay RTs fair pay, because they do not differentiate between RTs and PTRs. Sometimes techs hired after me with less experience would get paid more money. The x-ray equipment in some clinics is ancient. They do not provide dosemitry badges either. They make x-ray techs do MA work that they are not trained to do. I feel sorry for the patients I was forced to try to draw blood on. The PTO was a joke, it resets to zero once a year and you are left with nothing in your PTO bank. My manger said it was only for emergencies and I shouldn't be trying to use it just so I don't lose it. I have never worked for such a greedy dishonest company in my life.
I loved my coworkers. We had to depend on each so much, because management was horrible.
Cons
Unethical. Poor management. Constant gossip.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 25, 2018
This company is unethical in the way they approach things. The management and communication is horrible. Constant gossip. Everyone does what’s in their best interest not for their team or company. Employee turn over is horrible. There are no scheduled breaks at all. If you complain about that, their response is “you knew what you were getting into”
Pros
Cons
NO breaks, catty, horrible benefits
November 26, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. I am very sorry to read this post. I've worked with FastMed for almost 11 years and work very hard to prevent the feedback that you have given. I would like to have the opportunity to review the information you have noted in more detail. Would you mind emailing me @ humanresources@fastmed.com? I hope you have a wonderful day.

Sincerely.

Crystal
Director of Human Resources

Great starter job
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Taylor, TXOctober 29, 2018
You will see all type of patient with something as simple as a ear pain all the way to a patient that is having a hard time breathing.

I have leaned how to apply the skills that I learned in school to the real world.

FastMed ha just changed in their management department but the new manger seems to be available if there is a question.

FastMed has its days were it could be very slow pace or fast pace. It just depends We do see a lot of workmen's comp patients.

I feel that there are no hard part about this job.

I enjoy being there for my patients and when they are happy with my services.
November 26, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. I am happy to read that you are able to apply the skills you learned in school at FastMed and even happy to read that you enjoy helping patients.

not good for long term
LMRT (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2018
it's an ok place to work when you first get out of school. but if your looking to move up you would have to go else where. you get the feel that upper management isn't worried about the works as much as they should be.
Pros
good place to get your feet wet, high patient volume so you can learn alot, provider are great to work with and are willing to teach you new things.
Cons
no room to grow. leadership is questionable.
November 12, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. I am thankful to hear that you learned and enjoyed working with our team members. I would like to talk with you more about your thoughts. Please take the time to email me at humanresources@fastmed.com.

Horrible company that just wants bodies, They don't care about service or quality care
Medical Assistant, Front and Back office (Current Employee) –  ncSeptember 21, 2018
The company is so focused on making money that it hurts patient care, They want 50-60 patients daily, one provider, one Medical Assistant. So busy that you don't get lunch or barely bathroom breaks. And you are still made to feel that you don't do enough. The pay isn't even worth it. Target pays better.
Pros
Cons
no lunch, bathroom breaks, cut throat, with no accountability and the pay sucks
December 19, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. I would have to disagree with you on this feedback. As someone whom has watched and been an integral part of the company growth from the beginning, I know that the core values of the company are to give compassionate hospitality to our fellow team members and patients. We want to work with team members whom believe in the same values as we do, want to take care of patients and to have a great working ethos.

I would like to take some time to understand your feedback. Would you please take the time to email me to set up time for us to chat? If so, please email me at humanresources@fastmed.com.

Very good learning experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCOctober 8, 2018
I absolutely loved this job. I was able to learn and grow with the company. The job came with various skills that allowed me to acquire and also train new hires.
Pros
Company allowed Training to Train New Hires.
Cons
Had to find own coverage if needed time off.
i just need more hours
Patient Advocate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 21, 2018
Its a great place to work because of my manager and co workers! i have been to other sites and stated i never want to go there ever again. My manager works with her team even when she's supposed to be off! She is very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. She backs her staff as long as they are right and if we are wrong she makes sure she let's us know! She should be a RDO and she does a raise. I only get about 8-19 hours a week but its be my coworker try to help me get hours as well! I love my coworkers. It like we are a family through the good and the bad!!
Pros
clean comfortable setting, well rounded coworkers
Cons
no lunches breaks often, no to very few hours
December 19, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. I'm delighted to see that you enjoy working with FastMed and your fellow team members. It's also nice to read feedback that shows the true FastMed way.

FastMed Urgent Care could be better
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2018
THe management could care more about their employees so that work could get done w/o any issue and in a timely manor. There would/could be more effort if employees were treated like such and not slaves.
September 18, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. I would love to have the opportunity to review in detail your feedback. Would you please email me directly at humanresources@fastmed.com?

Good People/Good Company
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 14, 2018
Overall my experience with FastMed has only improved since beginning there. The current corporate level is very conscious of the well-being of the staff and the work/life balance. There is still some room for improvement in the work/life balance aspect if you move up in the company but as a general staff member, the hours are generally pretty great. If you are looking for a job with advancement, FastMed is a great place to be. The possibility for advancement is very likely as long as you are a decent, hardworking member of the team.
Pros
Days off during the week, great people to work with, decent benefits
Cons
Short to no breaks
September 18, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. It makes me very happy to read your comments. I've been with FastMed for 10 years. I thoroughly enjoy working for the teams we have here.

Free wellness/gym membership
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCSeptember 17, 2018
Fastmed was a good company to work for. There was a lot of favoritism in the workplace. Nothing was done across the board. Rules only applied to a few. The rest was able to do what they pleased. Very unfair work practices were demonstrated there.
Pros
Free wellness program
Cons
short breaks, favortism
September 18, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. I'm very sorry that this was your lasting impression of FastMed. This is not the experience we want any of our team members to have. I would like to take the time to understand your experience. Would you email me so we can discuss, humanresources@fastmed.com.

n/a
LMRT (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Cons outweigh the Pros. Poor management, Benefits package offered to employees were ridiculous, Company took away 401k matching, Advancement opportunities were unfair, There was little to no compensation for employees who had worked for the company over one year, Will not recommend this employer to anyone in my field.
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Management, Advancement opportunities
September 10, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you feel this way. FastMed had a decrease in benefit premiums this year and added the 401k match back. I would love to hear more of your personal experience. If you would be willing to email me at humanresources@fastmed.com.

Fun workplace
Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2018
Great job environment! Great team players, loved the providers, management was always helpful. The clinics needs as always met, the staff once again play a great role on customer service and qulaity care.
August 15, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. I am really happy to hear that you enjoy being a team member at FastMed.

Horrible management
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 17, 2018
Worst management I have ever seen. There is no respect for patients , staff, or providers. The mas show up when they want, IF they even show up at all that day. If you are a provider be prepared to open on your own and see patients as well as room them, get vitals/hx/pmh, and possibly do labs because you cannot rely on your ma knowing how to do these basics. Do not ever count on vacation... The pay is good but that is because the benefits are not the best and you never have holidays off or the ability to take vacation.. There are days where 1 provider can see well over 60 patients in a day. Corporate does not care if we have no supplies, no water, no heat, no ac or no power they still want us to see the patient in these conditions.
Pros
pay
Cons
work enviroment, work load
December 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Would you mind emailing me at humanresources@fastmed.com? I would like to understand your comments in more detail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FastMed Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.