Fastsigns Employee Reviews

Stingy untrustworthy owner
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 7, 2019
Owner took sales from me because after opening business he decided that he enjoyed sales. Believed potential customers would be forwarded to me as the only outside salesperson. Instead the owner took almost all that called for estimates. That made it difficult to stay long enough to build clientele to make a decent living.
Pros
Relaxed and friendly atmosphere
Cons
No benefits and lack of sales leads a described above.
would never work for the Mieles ever again
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 31, 2019
low pay, no benefits, no vacation, bonuses are promised but never paid. Raises are promised but never paid while the owners drive around in a pair of brand new luxury vehicles
Pros
Cons
applying there in the first place
Great learning enviornment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2019
I enjoyed being an intern at Fast Signs, though it was a short time it gave me an idea of what it is like to open and run a franchise. I was given the opportunity to learn about digital marketing.
Good Temporary Job
PRODUCTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 17, 2019
If you're looking to move up in the world this isn't the place for you. This is a job for people who are okay with making low wages for a temporary time. Or for people who are contributing to a total household income. There's no room for growth. But the work isn't hard and the community is great.
Bad management
Production specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 15, 2019
The people who are in charge are ridiculous. They have no idea how things actually work and how long things take to print or get produced. And we have no HR dept! So who do you go to when you need something or have a problem? Who knows?.... I could go on forever
Pros
I never was denied a requested day off.
Cons
Many
Dedicated to excellence
Fabrication, installer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 15, 2019
Top quality work, Very enthusiastic about making the customer happy. If you want to work, you work. There are drawbacks, the demand for signs come and go...
Independently owned so your experience may vary
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIMay 15, 2019
I was lucky to work with great people and very good compensation. Hours are long and demand is high so be confident and detail oriented and you will do well. Compensation is generally very low on average in the US for a position that usually requires a degree. Luckily for me, my employer highly valued creative employees with strong design skills. I would recommend graphic designers set a higher value for themselves to help drive the standard wage up. It's important to remember the value of your work and to not settle for lower than your worth. This is a common problem with artists and creative types.
Pros
Creative freedom
Cons
Inadequate compensation
You're family
Motion Graphics Designer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 1, 2019
If you do what mom says.
Pro: Many things across my desk. Lots of creative projects.
Con: Lack of discipline and clear motives. Management doesn't back you up.
Not the best training
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 26, 2019
Struggled getting training efficiently when on the computer watching videos. Most people learn through hands-on. Also, bad atmosphere in my experience working there. Most enjoyable part of the job was the graphics and seeing the results.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No Benefits
Can be rewarding
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 23, 2019
Plenty of great customers - new pricing is outrageous and new owner very distant from employees and customers and not knowledgeable about sign industry or customer service and sales
ok place to work if you're looking for experience
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  FLApril 18, 2019
Poor management, poor customer values, poor direction, poor ethics, poor employee satisfaction, poor support in every way, lack of communication, good place to be to build experience with customers and providing customer satisfaction.
Slow and boring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 10, 2019
Manager is a perv you sit and listen to old story’s about all his ex employees he talked so much that hour time get taken up by a meeting held everyday
Productive and Challenging workplace setting.
Lead Production Specialist/Installer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAApril 8, 2019
FASTSIGNS was a productive and challenging workplace setting that requires meticulous attention to detail. Each project was unique, requiring a well-rounded individual.
Great creativity learning experience
Production and Install (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 2, 2019
Working at Fast Signs was a good learning experience for the creativity. Working in a retail location in a manufacturing setting; the store had lots of jobs and is often under staff. Lots of tension of between employees but always manages to get the job done. Never a dull moment working at fastsigns.
Fun skill to learn
Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Miami, FLApril 1, 2019
I worked for Fastsigns when I was a teenage until my early 20's. I loved learning the skill of making signs. I learned how to work panel saws, table saws and how to work a number of sign making machines. These were the fun parts of my experience with Fastsigns. The reason of my low ratings I feel has to do with the owner of the Fastsigns I worked at. He did not give us any benefits, vacation time or days off unless we were sick and even then he complained. I worked 6 days a week for 4 years without vacation time. He did not give raises you had to request them and even then it was very small. But I think that other owners are more competitive and may treat their employees very differently at the other stores.
Pros
learning a trade
Cons
no breaks for management, 6 day a week work weeks
Sales Executive
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 27, 2019
Fast pace, creative environment
How to compete for sales goals
Ben is an excellent, understanding owner
Small office, no run to work
Drumming up business
Making a sale.
Pros
Creative environment
Cons
Low pay
Beware of FastSigns Goodyear.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMarch 22, 2019
Owner/Management is toxic. Quit and they’re going to talk about you. You could also be fired with really no explanation. Also checks were bouncing like crazy. Workers have gone to the labor board on the folks at this place.
Pros
Graphic design if you love it
Cons
Owner..mainly the wife.
A great first job out of college
Sign Maker (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 19, 2019
I was a sign maker and learned much about various substrates and vinyl cutting for large format signage. I developed good organizational skills while juggling multiple projects at a time.
Pros
Good people and friendly but serious atmosphere
Cons
Not a livable wage for the area. Always on your feet
Work Experience
Inside Sales/Visual Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMarch 19, 2019
Great work environment and allowed me to add more work experience to a field I am extremely interested in. This position helped me grow in the sales industry.
Great place to work!
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXMarch 13, 2019
Working at FastSigns was really rewarding.The work atmosphere was great and my coworkers were great to work with. I would work at FastSigns again if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Pay, hours, atmosphere.