Fatz Southern Kitchen Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent Place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Cheraw, SCAugust 8, 2018
Great work environment. They managers are easy to get along with, no drama and everyone respects everyone the same. The customers are enjoy your company and are awesome to work with.
working at fatz
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Irmo, SCJuly 30, 2018
A typical day at work consist of making sure my area is clean , greeting the customers and showing good hospitality and making sure they have everything they need.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no breaks
its alright
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 29, 2018
it would be great it the pay was more for what you have to deal with from time to time. I guess it may also depend on which location you are at as well.
Poor management
Head Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJuly 20, 2018
Lack luster and no advacement if your the favorite of management. Pick the favoritepeople and give them the best shifts not based on your hard work, can be easly worked of you have tuff skin
Pros
Dicounts on food
Cons
Disrespect and one sideed
Fun place
Salad Chef (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJuly 15, 2018
Workload is spread between alot of people so you aren't too overwhelmed but still have alot to do. You received a list of everything you need to have done that day on your shift.
Pros
Easy, discounted meals
Cons
Pay
A great job
server (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJuly 5, 2018
It was a friendly working environment, fast paced energy, overall just a great work experience and would definitely work there again if i lived in that state.
Good Place
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  SCJuly 4, 2018
Fatz is a great place to work. They hire alot of college kids to help them get through college. Fatz is well know in the community and do a lot to help out in the community.
Very slow
Hostess (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 28, 2018
I left there because they have there peoples picked car as they give you hours if they like you or you wouldn’t get in trouble for calling out just the little stuff they don’t pay attention too
great place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 27, 2018
wish i didnt have to leave, although it was chaotic at times the people made it feel like home. its always nice to work with people that made you feel like family. it was a bonus that they made you feel like you were doing your job correctly everyday
Pros
great people
Cons
chaoctic
Productive environment
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCJune 19, 2018
I would recommend other people to work there. It's a clean work environment and nice managers. The community is not that big but it's just the right size for being off the interstate.
Pros
Smoke breaks
Cons
No insurance
Fun staff and good food
Server (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 10, 2018
The customers, managers and employees are all just one big old family. Although this was a temporary job for myself, I would recommend it to people to visit and work.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
N/a
Horribke place to work
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 7, 2018
If you think your service in a restrurant is bad. Wait until you learn their superior is no better. Between sleeping round with young employees kitchen may have nore than making your meal. If your food comes right, make sure its hot. It cant be both! Never recieved tips well there no matter how hard I ran and all Id do. It was a horribke experience. Hope working waitress is more enjoyable someone else!
Great Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 6, 2018
Fatz Café was a wonderful place of employment. Being apart of the team facilitated my team working skills. I enjoyed this company and always felt close to home.
Productive and fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Boiling Springs, SCJune 5, 2018
Worked with multiple guest on a day to day basis, provided hospitality, great customer service , and communication skills. I started out as a host then became a trainer
high paced
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMay 31, 2018
Although I also had some learning experiences at this job, it's not a company I would recommend to work for due to poor management while I was there. I did my job and pleased the customers and that's what I was focused on.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
poor management
Fun fast paced enviornment
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 28, 2018
working at fatz cafe has been a long and fun sometimes stressful job. serving/bartending is not for everyone and the money has become less and less. i am leaving because i need something more stable to support my child.
I liked the restaurant but very poor mangement
Server and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 22, 2018
It was great to learn how to use different accommodations in different settings. Loved to meet new people and treat them they way they would like to have a great experience
A great starter job to get into the grind
Server (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCMay 18, 2018
The job as a server is not meant for everyone, and should be seen as a jumping point. However this job is excellent at providing a fun and safe work environment. Each day was enjoyable and working with people that you'll soon find yourself loving or hating can be fun. It's a very social job, and soon people there almost become a second family.
Pros
Friends, loose work environment, ability to shift schedules
Cons
Low income, performance based pay
It was okay
Server (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 15, 2018
Each day the management was poor and the people there had no idea what was going on. If you wanted your food to come out correctly you would have to go back in the kitchen and check up on the cooks.
not too bad
Server/hostess/carryout (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMay 10, 2018
this is one of the best jobs ive had in the food industry. its not over or understaffed. you make decent tips. not too stressful. the managers are good people.