Fatz Employee Reviews

It was okay
Server (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 15, 2018
Each day the management was poor and the people there had no idea what was going on. If you wanted your food to come out correctly you would have to go back in the kitchen and check up on the cooks.
Company is constantly going through changes, never consistent.
Server (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCNovember 30, 2017
Fatz is a good place to work for a college student, but only on the weekends. Fatz buisness is not that great throughout the week let alone on the weekend. Management and serving staff is poor. The company does not take pride or take time to invest the right people within each restaurant, and it shows through the people they hire. It starts from the top and is a trickling affect. On top of that no benefits!!
liked working there
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 18, 2017
good place to work wish I could have stayed longer, I had good co-workers, management was very good to me and I was good at working at a steady pace providing a good supply of dishes at all times
Gross
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNqMay 11, 2017
It was not good and I'd rather bathe with fat people in a nasty cesspool of bacteria. That about sums it up can't think of much else to say or another way to put it
A Transitional Job
Front Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 22, 2017
I began working at Fatz while I was recovering from a near fatal car accident that I unfortunately was in due to a hit and run. I am thankful for the experience as it did improve and help me gain more experience managing employees and interact with customers.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Transitional Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMarch 20, 2017
Great Company to work for. Just looking for something different after 20 years. Great challenges and goals working for this company...................
Highly unorganized upper management. Poor training and cleanliness standards
General Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 29, 2016
Stay away. Company is in financial trouble and has been mismanaged for a while apparently. Three different bosses in three months. Everyone keeps getting fired.
Don't know
Customer Service Specialest (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCDecember 7, 2016
I use to love going to work. All the management has changed and now I am unsure what to think? There is a lot of uncertainty recently. Not sure why all management is changing but not seeming to be for the good.
Pros
Guests
Cons
To much manager turn over
Grill Master (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 1, 2016
Its great to work for fayz on a good day, you have to stay on your toes with this company, work and do what your suppose to do., supervisor are sufficient
Worked well as a second job and Management was very Caring
Server (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAMay 2, 2016
Very busy when at work, constant standing. Requires exceptional time management skills, and fast decision making. This position also requires strong verbal and customer relationship skills.
I enjoyed the place. One of the top resturants in the country
head server (Former Employee) –  concord, n.c.June 24, 2015
Sometimes busy, sometimes not so busy .Learned how to pick up the pace when it got real busy. Enjoyed co-workers, together we made a great team Hardest thing was trying to keep up with cleaning tables while serving guest. Most enjoyable part was the association with the many different guest.
Pros
enjoyed the guest. Made many freinds
Cons
just not enough business to porduce a steady income
Very busy enviroment
HOST (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMay 26, 2015
Most days at work I worked at the front alone. I would just wait for a customer to enter the restaurant and greet them as they come in. The servers at Fatz Café would come and tell jokes while I was at the front to make it fun, The hardest part of the job was to catch customers leaving without paying.
Pros
Half off food, close drive
Love My Job
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMarch 1, 2015
A typical day at work is not considered work to me, we laugh and have fun along with getting our responsibilies taken care of. The worst part about my job is being patient with the rude customers.. My favorite part about my job is meeting new people and working with others.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
working with the rude public
Fun
hostess and to/go specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNFebruary 12, 2015
Working at Fatz was fun, because I loved the guests and also the people that I worked with. I really enjoyed my time there.
I love my job for the most part, because I love meeting new people and making them smile!!
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros
I love the Calabash wrap!
Cons
I hate working doubles :( Im so ready to be done with school and have a decent job.
Great interaction with guests.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNNovember 29, 2014
Being a hostess is a very important part of a sit-down restaurant. The host sets the beginning experience for the guests. We accommodate any needs of the guest to establish full satisfaction with their experience. My coworkers are great to work with and everyone is more than happy to help one another out. The hardest part of the job is making sure that everyone is synced together because the host keeps the flow of the floor as smooth as possible. The thing most enjoyable about my job is hearing good feedback from our regulars, they are where most our business comes from and its always great to see them so often.
Pros
50% off of meals, great managers, good environment.
Cons
No breaks, too much down-time.
Interesting
Head Host (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 13, 2014
The Fatz that I worked for, worked my butt off, shut down. The management was poor and the employees just didn't care.
Busy and fun place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCAugust 19, 2014
I took orders, handled money, small cleaning, trained new servers, and took care of guests needs.
Relaxing atmosphere
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCJuly 25, 2014
I enjoyed this job because I love meeting new people everyday
Family like enviroment
Bartender/ server (Current Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJune 1, 2014
I've been with FATZ for 2 years now, on my first day there if felt like I immediately became family, managers and coworkers welcomed me in with open arms. The hardest part of this job will be leaving it, there's nothing I can really point out as the most enjoyable because day by day you meet new great people, share new laughs, and make new friends.