Fauquier Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Rewarding yet exhausting work.
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJuly 16, 2018
The billing department is a great place to work but it has the usual office politics. Management was great and available with questions or concerns..
Needs raises for employees
Lead hematology technician (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAApril 19, 2018
Lovely people to work for and with. Upper management needs to help implement raises. Lab management is wonderful and works very hard to keep techs happy and engaged in changes. Great teamwork among colleagues. But can lead to long days with short staff and busy volumes.
Pros
Fitness discounts
Cons
No raises
N\a
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Fauquier County, VAApril 10, 2018
I have nothing but good and great things to say about this company. They have great management and work well with their employees and provide good patient care.
poor work life balance
Social Worker/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAMarch 27, 2018
People give long hours to this facility. There is no room for advancement. Favoritism is sometimes shown. Alot of micro managing happens. Upper management is focused/centered on the bottom line. Patient focused care has declined.
Was a good place to work want more out of you for less money
Medical Biller, Medicaid (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAMarch 10, 2018
Fauquier was a good place to work then lifepoint took over and took away hospital contributions to 401 and half our insurance. Keep asking for you to do more with no raises in site
Not a good choice if you enjoy being noticed for good work
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAMarch 6, 2018
Most of the employees are decent with the exception of a few chronic abusers of pto. Management leaves much to be desired. They are more concerned with the bottom dollar than properly staffing the Lab. Management also fails to reward hard workers but instead babies the people who cry wolf at every life event they create. No one speaks out for fear of reprisal.
Pros
Local
Cons
Too many
Downhill spiral since turning for profit
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAFebruary 4, 2018
This was a caring, personalized community hospital that provided compassion and care for both staff and patients. This is absolutely no longer the case. Since being purchased by LifePoint the focus is now the profit margin; nothing more. Staffing levels have been slashed which has lead to a mass exodus of veteran, skilled employees. Management receives bonuses for coming in under budget regardless of how this is achieved. The overall attitude, which has literally been a response to staff’s voiced concerns, is that “you should be happy you have a job”. The Fauquier Health of old is mourned by myself and those medical professionals that are actually interested in not only making a decent living but equally interested in making a difference. While this location may be convenient in terms of commute time/traffic, it is worth a drive to be a part of a health system that has the moral and ethical integrity Fauquier is sorely lacking.
Cons
Detailed below
Friendly work environment
Lead Technologist Xray/CT (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJanuary 18, 2018
Great place to work. Many opportunities for advancement. Cross training options in different modalities. Lead by management that understanding and helpful.
Good support from colleagues, great cafeteria
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Good nurse/doctor relations, other disciplines collaborate well with each other. Management considerate of individual needs and supportive when needed.
Pros
Scheduling is often self styled
Cons
Low census can be problematic
see below
Clinician II & Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAOctober 30, 2017
The hospital has since changed owners. It is now part of UVA Health. Hopefully it has become a more likable place to work. Before it was "who you knew" as to how your work day was. Also the hours kept being varied.
Good place to work, bad management
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAAugust 7, 2017
I enjoyed my actual job; serving food to elderly residents. I did not enjoy the work environment, where the management was toxic and people gossiped about each other behind their backs. We only had three workers for every shift: one cook and two servers for 70-some residents, and about 10 workers in the kitchen total. For that reason, we were often stretched rather thin. Cooks sometimes had to work for a full month without a single day off should one take a vacation. As for management, my would have us pick through moldy produce just to find one that appeared salvageable to save even a small amount of money for himself. Other times, he denied simple things to residents like ice cream and generally have us treat them like children, despite being the opposite. He would change the work schedule without our knowledge after giving us our copy, and then deny it. If you are young, and have the stomach for toxic management, you might be fine working there, but I would not apply unless you really needed the money.
Pros
Free lunch, stable hours
Cons
Few too many workers, toxic management
Good learning experience. Pay is low considering heavy work load and risks involved.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJuly 5, 2017
Overall ok place to work. Pay is low considering the amount of work and risks involved. Day shift management needs to ensure all shifts
have equal work loads.
Great Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJune 30, 2017
Great co-workers, culture, and environment. Everyone works together as a team. It is great being part of a Planetree facility. There is a lot of communication to staff to keep you informed.
What happened?
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJune 21, 2017
When I first started here, this was a great place to work. We almost always had adequate staff and got bonuses for picking extra shifts if there were short days. Now, when we need staff and have enough patients to validate it staff members are put on call to save money and we are forced to work short staffed. It's unsafe and unfair. Not to mention bonuses for picking up shifts are gone and they do everything to avoid giving you overtime if you do work an extra shift. It's pitiful. The higher ups in the hospital OBVIOUSLY care about nothing more than lining their pockets and it's forcing even management away as well as floor staff. When you hear about hospitals tanking, this is what they mean and Fauquier Hospital is definitely headed that direction.
Pros
Pay rate is nice
Cons
Understaffed, staffing cuts, unsafe patient ratios, expensive health insurance with high copays and deductables, minimal retirement contributions
My favorate RN job ever
RN, Home Health Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJune 20, 2017
Loved being PRN-
Loved my patients.
Love my coworkers and supervisor...
The computers, once they were updated- reduced charting time- and increased work-life balance
Pros
my boss
Cons
work-life balance for full time employees, PRN it was not an issue
A good place towork
Echo Technologist (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJune 8, 2017
A typical day was to get my assignments for the day and complete those assignments before leaving for the day.

Fauquier Hospital is a very small facility, The expectation was complete all assignments before the end of day. Management was supportive.

There was good team work.
Pros
Good team work atmosphere
Cons
Very small hospital, so not a lot of pathology seen.
Changes
Fauquier Health Physician Services (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAMay 30, 2017
We have a new CEO and he is making drastic changes which include downsizing and therefore I am looking for a new job. This hospital has been linked to the community for years and with the way healthcare is trending we are seeing unwanted changes. Great job and great coworkers.
Turmoil
Float Pool RN (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAApril 10, 2017
Currently, the hospital is in a serious management change. The CNO was recently escorted out of the building and many of the leaders have also left. There is lots of turnover and agency. Many doctors have also left. Morale is low.
Good organizational culture
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAApril 4, 2017
Good organizational culture, and quality patient care. Patient and staff satisfaction moderate to high. Staff engaged in facility and community healthcare initiatives.
Nice starter job Close to home
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAApril 1, 2017
I liked those I worked with my boss was good. I can't complain about the food in the bistro other than it was very over priced. They will help you further your education by paying for classes which is a plus. But Limit how much they pay and advancement due to corporate structure.
Pros
Good coworkers and atmospher
Cons
bad pay for the amout of work