Faurecia Employee Reviews

Found 611 reviews matching the search See all 1,345 reviews
Great Company with Vision and People Care Culture
Plant Manager Acting (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 15, 2018
Great company with excellent values and Culture. Career development and continuous training for all their employees. Upper Management support when necessary and requested.
Pros
Training and Career Develpment
Cons
401K could be better
Not worth working there
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INSeptember 13, 2018
They don't care about you or your family. They work you like a dog. They don't care If your sick. Or if you have an emergency at home. It's just not a place to work.
Love the place
quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCSeptember 12, 2018
love working for this company everything was excellent. Jobs with in the plant were not hare or difficult and everyone made the job easy i just hate that they laid everyone off.
Poor place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYSeptember 7, 2018
High school like environment. Drug dealers are protected by a few managers who buy from them.
Hard workers are treated poorly. The Union does nothing.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Favoritism and different rules for different people.
I was a fun work environment
Seat builder (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYSeptember 7, 2018
It was absolutely fun but just the hours was cutting down and I had needed more hours that they weren't giving at the time so im trying to find something a little better or more hours at least
Unable to rate
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 26, 2018
Prefer not to rate company. Unable to fairly access as I have no recent interface or opinion about the company. As I recall, there was a very high turnover rate. People recruited and hired did not stay long.
Fast paced
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Cottondale, ALAugust 22, 2018
JIT environment with no FGI on hand. Very small margin for error relating to downtime or stopping a line to coach team members about performance.

Good place to work, a lot of activities are provided for employees
Prototype Buyer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 21, 2018
Faurecia is a great place to work. I was a contract employee and left for a direct opportunity but I enjoyed my colleagues and my manager. I would go back to work at Faurecia again if I had the opportunity.
Pros
Great people! Mentor type learning
Cons
Some employees were not considerate of other's time
Company Takes Care Of Their Employees
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 20, 2018
One thing I can say about Faurecia is that they are always thinking of their employees. They have company picnics, always buying different gifts for their employee, etc.
Faurecia
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSAugust 17, 2018
Assemble the automotive parts
Load assembled parts in Gaylord Toats
the conditions depend on the weather( no central air)
dedicated co-workers & certain Supervisor
the longest part of the day is mid-day,short breaks & lunch
& the most enjoyable part of the day is getting off
Pros
the time
Cons
short breaks
Safe place to work
Lead the Design for Assembly (Former Employee) –  Cottondale, ALAugust 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Faurecia it was very challenging and a place for growth. I would go back to work for them if ever in the area. It was a very safe place to work.
Pros
place for growth
Cons
parking was minimal
Terrific work environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIAugust 16, 2018
Has over 2000 employees whom they are ready to fire at moments notice, luckily it’s a union job so there is a little safety but don’t count on the union helping you out because they rather just flirt with women all day and don’t care about your needs as a worker. I was working in inspection like I did almost everyday are time for that area was two minutes per door and yes they do time you my boss threatened me for a write up because I was following there guidelines of going two minutes. Needless to say he figured that he was stepping his bonds when I told him I want union rep. to time me turns out he got a form talking too when I was moving at the same pace and still doing my job right. So be prepared to defend for right as a union worker.
Easy fast pace work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIAugust 9, 2018
If you like getting lots of hours this is the job for you. The staff and the environment is very positive. The managers and supervisors keep you with work.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
standing long hours
Lies from day 1
V-cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 9, 2018
Things that were said in interview, such as climate controlled, were lies. Temps inside are usually around 90 degrees with spikes up to 120 on hot, humid days. The lies don't stop, ever. Never assume that what they tell you is true. Free lunches are a plus, if you like veggie burgers. Otherwise the cafeteria is pricey. Component shortage is a constant problem, making lines shut down during the week, in turn making Sunday work inevitable. The only shift that has weekends off is A shift (days), which consists of the people who have the most seniority. But that isn't always the case. The company can put new people on day shift and say its temporary to get around the union rules. I have seen a new hire work on day shift for several months because it was "temporary". The contract between the company and the union is almost complete garbage. There are so many clauses to protect the company and to let the company conduct business as they see fit. Basically every union rule has a clause that the company can use to override the contract. And even if they blatantly disregard the contract, there is nothing that the employees can do about it because of the "No Strike Agreement". I am personally still employed there because the higher pay makes you feel trapped, but I am very actively looking for something else. As are a lot of others.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Productive and enjoyable work environment.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 1, 2018
In my time with Faurecia I have learned a lot about my future career as well as gained valuable experience. Management is willing to work with most any schedule and the overall culture and atmosphere is incredible. I would recommend the company to anyone.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, nice cafeteria, sponsored events, clean work environment, good management, paid time off, limited overtime
Cons
could improve healthcare and HR to employee communication
It was a good job learned a lot while I was there
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIJuly 31, 2018
It was a very professional work place it was really nice the people were nice I liked working there and I liked the area it was a hour and a half drive away from my house
Building car seats for dogde in other car compies
Seat Builder/assembly (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJuly 26, 2018
It's a good job I like to be hands on in that job was very hands on so I could cope with it alot so I couldn't complain . I love to see the seats when they where built in had the covers in them .
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Fair breaks in between time..
Seems like a good opportunity but it's not!
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Toledo ohioJuly 26, 2018
Ridiculous wage to start as material handler. Your expected to kill yourself so there's no down time But management does everything they can to encumber your performance. They do not listen to the input of those asked and merely have management meetings to "Pat" each other on the back.Faurecia is a good company to my understanding but the Toledo location is feces. Given the way management is going it has a shelf life of maybe 5 years before it becomes a different company which is so common here in Ohio.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Everything else
Management sucks!
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYJuly 16, 2018
Management sucks , sometimes you don’t get your breaks.
They sometimes doesn’t approve you for overtime.
You can pick any shift you want but some shifts don’t will not approve you for overtime .
Sometimes they buy you food and give you free items(clothes,keychains,hats...etc).
When they throw away things you can ask if you can have it and they will give it to you at the end of the shift .
It’s easy to get promoted and earn extra money .
They give annual boot vouchers .
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks at all
Working in tight spaces with limited time.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 14, 2018
This is a very fast paced job, that will only leave you with a few second window depending on the rest of the assembly line that works behind your work. The other welders can not move forward to you are finished with the leak test of a specific muffler.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Faurecia. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight