Favor Delivery Employee Reviews

Fun productive and life changing experience
Favor driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Driving around the city delivering to customers and being on time. Enjoy pleasing customers by delivering food faster to them than expected. Treating them with respect and recieving the same type of treatment back
Good for retiree
Runner (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Fun fast pace job..with a lot of driving to and from local restaurant's to customers home or business or work place with great tips for your service of working hard.
Pros
good pay if you work hard..
Cons
no benifits of paid vacation
On your own
Runner (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 3, 2019
-you make your own hours
-the weekend bonuses can be awesome
-a lot of wear on your car if you do it a lot
-communication with the favor team is lacking and sometimes they won't get back to you for an hour if you have a question
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
support and direction from upper management is lacking
Scam
DELIEVERY RUNNER (Former Employee) –  DALLAS,LONGVIEW AND TYLERSDecember 18, 2018
Poor support team

Poor pay

Company base nothing but lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They block your number from receiving favor so you dont make more then they what to payout

Always make excuses as to why they could not answer a text when you are having problem with a customer.

After you finish orientation and start workin as a runner you will never be able to talk to a live person from favors when you having an emergency or any type of problem they just have you send a email and wait days before someone may oy may not text you back.

They tell nothing buts lies in their presentation for favor.

They send out fake ads about making large sums of money when you run a certain amount of favor then once you meet requirements they only pay you some of what you earn but not all and they can't and won't explain to you wasn't paid based on the numbers on favor you ran.

When you go against them and start asking the question they block your phone from receiving earlg scheduling for the week.

Those behind the seem are very!!!!!!!!!!! Racial and shows in their action

The face of favor is nothing but users of people and cares nothing about the people who are driving and during the farors
Nowhere near $25/hr, unreliable hours
Favor Runner (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 14, 2018
Decent side gig for those who have jobs or just need a small bit of money. $25/hr is straight up false advertising though, at least here in Vic. You're lucky to get $15/hr on a good day, and because the scheduled hours are up for grabs for everyone, it's hard to get more than a few guaranteed hours a week (Which means priority getting favors and guaranteed $8/hr) All in all, decent job, but not a job to depend on
Pros
Flexible, Decent Hourly, Cool people
Cons
Very few hours, Wear&Tear/Gas
Productive and fun place to work at. Make your own hours.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2018
Productive and fun place to work at. Make your own hours, be your own boss. Flexibile with day to day life. Work as many hours as you want more or less. Very social environment, planned meetups for partners.
Pros
Meetups, free lunch
Cons
No instant pay
Fun workplace to build a sound career
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77002December 1, 2018
I was a Community Manager with Favor, working on the operational side of things. Super interesting position training independent contractors, problem solving, and putting forth efforts to engage the community of Runners. It's a unique place to work because the company still has a fun, start-up vibe but is growing fast and doing really well. The hardest part of the job is dealing with constant change and disorganization within your department. The most enjoyable part is getting to work with creative, young, excited team members. The benefits package is great for someone wanting to start their career as well!
Pros
employee meals, employee discounts, great culture, paid trips to Austin
Cons
almost no lunch breaks, repetitive tasks, constantly evolving list of responsibilities
Def not something you want to do forever, but for what it is I love it
Runner (Current Employee) –  HoustonNovember 26, 2018
I've been working for Favor for almost 3 years now for extra income, I'm an overnight stocker at HEB for my "main job" and if you put 40+ hours in a week you'll make some good money. The only thing is keeping up with maintenance on your car, if you don't have a car you won't make money, unless you have a bike and live in the zone which I just dont recommend if your trynna make GOOD $$. If your on the schedule they will guarantee you $9 a hour, although I usually average between $13-$17 somedays more than that. So if you were too average less than $9 an hour they will "top you off" so you meet the guarantee but I'm telling yall if you knock the orders out quick, call them in as soon you get ! you get to choose which delivery zone and area of the city you want to work in and the distances of the zone at least where I live aren't to far away. Also if you schedule a shift and you need to take off for some reason you have 24 hours to do so before that shifts start or it will affect your early access to chose available shifts for the following week and you want early access to get access to more hours before the schedule drops for all employees and you get early access by just clocking in on time and finishing your shifts on time super easy. The good thing now is there are more openings so if you have to unschedule yourself last minute its not a big deal at all your a 3rd party contractor not an employee so its almost impossible to get fired from this job.
Pros
Easy Money, Stress Free, Make your own Schedule
Cons
Putting wear and tear on your car
What they don’t tell you...
Runner (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 24, 2018
During the orientation of course they’re going to try to make it sound great. I just need something flexible with my schedule as I am a full-time college student and a housewife. They tell you most people tip the suggested amount but that’s not true. From my largest orders to my smallest orders I didn’t get tipped past $2. Used the duffel bag, smiled, kept in contact through text. Now it wouldn’t be a problem if each Favor didn’t take 30-50 minutes... only due to the restaurant themselves taking forever to get the order together because it normally takes me 5 minutes to get there and 5 minutes to get to the customers house. So in conclusion, I average about $4 an hr. I tried to get on the schedule but it gets snatched up by people with early access so if you’re new it’s basically not available to you.
Cons
Pay
Okay quick money but no room for growth
Trainer and Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2018
I have found this job to be a good side job while you're in school. It's obviously a bit of a dead-end job though, so I wouldn't recommend it outside of a side job to school or a second job to augment your income.
Its your own boss
Favor Runner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2018
its a good company to work for since you are your own boss. But there is alot of wear and tear on your car. Plus insurance for your vehicle and gas as well. Prepare for those things before you actually start to make positive flow of money. Daily gas trips come out of your pocket. But get a trip tracker or some app to track expenses since everything is tax deductible.
Do NOT Believe the Pay
Delivery Expert (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 24, 2018
Please do yourself a REAL favor and do NOT believe everything you hear about the 'great' pay you can make. Favor is not worth tearing up your vehicle for.
Pros
When there are some I will let you know.
Cons
Pay, no benefits, rude office employees
Good, Relaxed
Runner (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 22, 2018
I currently work as a favor runner while in college. It is a very relaxed job. You work when you want to, and there isn't a real limit on how much money you can make. Good part time job.
Pros
Easy, Relaxed, Work when you want, Good pay
Cons
No benefits, pay for your own gas
RUNNER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
Great place to work! You can even choose your own hours! You can clock in whenever you want, even if you are not scheduled to work which is awesome! But then again you wont be guaranteed a favor
driver
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2018
delivery driver. nothing special. independent job. very casual. work depends on number of runs. The amount of money depends on amount of runs. Can use lots of gas.
Good part-time job
Favor Runner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2018
A great place to work if you're just starting out. You can make your own hours, and work at your own pace. However, that is also the downside. You were expected to pay for parking downtown, pay for your own insurance, and you had to work long periods of time.
Lonely and stressful
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 23, 2018
This job is stressful because you are responsible for putting in the customer's order from what they said on the app. Sometimes they are not clear so you have to text them, and even then sometimes they will not answer. Favor wants you to text your customers when you are on the way and if they want anything extra and be really social and engaging, and they say that this leads to better tips. In my opinion, it just encourages texting while driving and is not very safe. A delivery typically takes about 30min from accepting the request to dropping off the delivery. There is a minimum tip of 2 dollars and a delivery fee of 2 dollars so there is a chance that you will spend 30min to only make 4 dollars. Sometimes the customer orders a lot of food but still tips only the minimum of 2 dollars. In my opinion, since this job depends on the customer's whim it is not worth it. If you aren't on the schedule, you aren't guaranteed $9 an hour, so depending on how busy it is you may not make minimum wage. So always put yourself on the schedule. Don't ever work on demand.
Great side job if you’re in a wealthy area
Delivery Runner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
Working with Favor has benefits like choosing your own schedule and no one to boss you around, but at the cost of your own gas and car and your main wage coming from tips that can be unpredictable, but generally, tips are pretty good especially in wealthy areas.
Pros
Choosing your own schedule, you are your own boss, good tips
Cons
Gas money, car wear, unpredictable tips
Most Flexible Job
Part Time Delivery/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 9, 2018
Being a runner at Favor is the most flexible job I've ever worked. Not only do you make your own hours, but you can schedule your sifts and have a guarantee. Only bad thing about this job is needing to be extra cautious at night depending on your area. Customers rate you and the tip minimum is 2.00 which can be pretty unfortunate at times. Favor scores you on acceptance rate, time per order, and customer rating. Customers can be extremely cut-throat with your ratings- don't take it to personal. Management is extremely helpful and pleasant. The make you feel at home when you go through training. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a side job and some extra cash. You get to explore your city and meet new people. DO NOT expect to make a full-time income off of this. If you work 40hrs/week, you're still paying for gas, car maintenance, etc. To each is own, isn't quite worth the money for me.
Pros
Flexible hours, occasional good tips, lots of alone time, listen to your music, explore your city, meet new people
Cons
inconsistent pay, shirt is quite embarrassing to wear in public
Okay source of supplemental income, not reliable as a job.
Runner (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 15, 2018
I worked exclusively with Favor for a year while I was going to school. It was a very easy and flexible source of income making it desirable to me at the time. However, the minimal guaranteed $9/hour means that you are responsible for your own gas costs as well as the wear and tear on your vehicle. Hours were often very hard to come by due to Favor's self-scheduling system. Schedules open once a week at 9AM and are a free-for-all among runners. Hours are typically gone within the first few seconds, so if you are a second late you might not be able to get ANY hours for the week. However, they do have schedule incentives. If a runner completes all of the hours that they are scheduled without 'dropping' any within 24 hours of that hour, they will qualify for "early access". This can be good and bad depending on the week. Of course there are circumstances that cause runners to drop hours at the last minute, condemning these people to a week of minimal income and making Favor a super unreliable job. The pay is also super inconsistent and difficult to keep track of. Favor 'tops off' their runners on a supposedly daily basis with the tips that runner made exceeding the $9 minimum. This can be great as it means that you can be paid more often during the week. However, it is unclear how Favor accounts for all of the money you have earned. Ideally, a runner would be critically adding up all of the tips they made for each shift to determine how much they will be topped off, but I never bothered. The amount you are paid once a week, I guess, accounts for the minimum $9/hour X the hours  more... worked that week. This is not usually well explained to runners causing a lot of confusion. It is even still a little unclear to me. Also, from what I have heard and seen, there has been a large downgrade in management. When the College Station market first opened there was always a manager that was eager to help, as well as mentors who trained and answered questions for new runners. However, now that the market has been established, there is no official manager and no mentors, leaving us with insufficient and confused runners.  less
Pros
Flexible hours, quick payout
Cons
Minimal hours, insufficient pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Favor Delivery. Our community is ready to answer.