Favor Delivery Employee Reviews

Good part-time job
Favor Runner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2018
A great place to work if you're just starting out. You can make your own hours, and work at your own pace. However, that is also the downside. You were expected to pay for parking downtown, pay for your own insurance, and you had to work long periods of time.
Great side job if you’re in a wealthy area
Delivery Runner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
Working with Favor has benefits like choosing your own schedule and no one to boss you around, but at the cost of your own gas and car and your main wage coming from tips that can be unpredictable, but generally, tips are pretty good especially in wealthy areas.
Pros
Choosing your own schedule, you are your own boss, good tips
Cons
Gas money, car wear, unpredictable tips
Most Flexible Job
Part Time Delivery/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 9, 2018
Being a runner at Favor is the most flexible job I've ever worked. Not only do you make your own hours, but you can schedule your sifts and have a guarantee. Only bad thing about this job is needing to be extra cautious at night depending on your area. Customers rate you and the tip minimum is 2.00 which can be pretty unfortunate at times. Favor scores you on acceptance rate, time per order, and customer rating. Customers can be extremely cut-throat with your ratings- don't take it to personal. Management is extremely helpful and pleasant. The make you feel at home when you go through training. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a side job and some extra cash. You get to explore your city and meet new people. DO NOT expect to make a full-time income off of this. If you work 40hrs/week, you're still paying for gas, car maintenance, etc. To each is own, isn't quite worth the money for me.
Pros
Flexible hours, occasional good tips, lots of alone time, listen to your music, explore your city, meet new people
Cons
inconsistent pay, shirt is quite embarrassing to wear in public
Okay source of supplemental income, not reliable as a job.
Runner (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 15, 2018
I worked exclusively with Favor for a year while I was going to school. It was a very easy and flexible source of income making it desirable to me at the time. However, the minimal guaranteed $9/hour means that you are responsible for your own gas costs as well as the wear and tear on your vehicle. Hours were often very hard to come by due to Favor's self-scheduling system. Schedules open once a week at 9AM and are a free-for-all among runners. Hours are typically gone within the first few seconds, so if you are a second late you might not be able to get ANY hours for the week. However, they do have schedule incentives. If a runner completes all of the hours that they are scheduled without 'dropping' any within 24 hours of that hour, they will qualify for "early access". This can be good and bad depending on the week. Of course there are circumstances that cause runners to drop hours at the last minute, condemning these people to a week of minimal income and making Favor a super unreliable job. The pay is also super inconsistent and difficult to keep track of. Favor 'tops off' their runners on a supposedly daily basis with the tips that runner made exceeding the $9 minimum. This can be great as it means that you can be paid more often during the week. However, it is unclear how Favor accounts for all of the money you have earned. Ideally, a runner would be critically adding up all of the tips they made for each shift to determine how much they will be topped off, but I never bothered. The amount you are paid once a week, I guess, accounts for the minimum $9/hour X the hours  more... worked that week. This is not usually well explained to runners causing a lot of confusion. It is even still a little unclear to me. Also, from what I have heard and seen, there has been a large downgrade in management. When the College Station market first opened there was always a manager that was eager to help, as well as mentors who trained and answered questions for new runners. However, now that the market has been established, there is no official manager and no mentors, leaving us with insufficient and confused runners.  less
Pros
Flexible hours, quick payout
Cons
Minimal hours, insufficient pay
*good job for side cash*
Runner (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 5, 2018
If it sounds too good to be true, you know it is
Favor is an OK company to work for, but not to make a living. The schedule is hard to get on, runner support is un-supportive, and the 2.10 per run is hardly worth it when you have to go across town on the crazy routes you're given. (other delivery services in my area pay 4$ per delivery)
The concept is great, everything else....not so much.
Here's an example: I work in a town of approx. 60K ppl
I worked 2 hours today during the lunch area from 12-2, because someone dropped them, otherwise there would have been no hours on the "guaranteed 9". I took 4 favors, drove about 26 miles and made 21.00. - with tips AND the 2.10 reimbursement. So, yeah its 11.00 an hour...BUT I spent at least 5$ on fuel, not counting wear & tear, that's only 8$ an hour. Sounds pretty much like minimum wage to me :/
(and did I mention, you have to order all the food yourself, wait for up to an hour for the order, and then have restaurant ppl tell you how much they hate Favor because the orders are always confusing and wrong and they don't tip the to-go waitstaff?) Fun times.
So...if you need some extra cash (but you don't mind waiting 3-5 days for a deposit) this might be for you. Just don't quit your day job.
Pros
flex hours if you can get them
Cons
long wait times-scheduling-reimbursement-lots of extra work for no extra $
What it's like a Favor
DELIVERY RUNNER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2018
The big thing that I feel most people don't know about favor is how it negatively affects the service works at the restaurants. Their wages are affected by tips, and because favor drivers can't tip them it greatly impacts other's ability to make rent.
Pros
You pick the hours you work
Cons
contract work
Easy hire and relaxed but can be stressful and no business after 9pm or 10pm
Runner/Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2018
Good opportunity for tips but can vary greatly. Also in Fort Worth the distance to restaurant takes about 30 minutes to get to and 30 minutes to customer because not as many drivers available close by so use a lot of gas and if they tip low then almost not worth the drive and stress. It also is very hot in the summer.
Pros
Very flexible and can be good income
Cons
Very hot in summer and sometimes tips are very low compared to drive and gas
Fun job with little skill.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2018
Great job for those looking to make some extra cash. You get paid a on tips only basis, with a small incentive to bring in more people. You do get a portion of the delivery fee and customers have no opt-out option of not tipping.
Okay job for extra cash
Runner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2018
Getting to set your own schedule is a big plus, but don't believe the $25+/hr thing. You'll be lucky to get $15/hr if you work hard. The average earnings according to the Favor schedule is around $10-12 during peak hours. Don't get me wrong, I have made $20 in 1 hour a couple of times when it was a monstrous order and the customer was kind enough to tip me $20, but the vast majority of times you won't get tipped above $5. $2 tips are very common (it's the minimum) which doesn't even pay for the gas it took to get there.

The average time to complete a favor is 35-40min in my experience and I drive frantically to get to the desired location ASAP. If you care about your car, then be warned you won't get compensated for gas and the mileage will add up big time which leads to more maintenance needed.

You get looked down-upon by some establishments since we're not allowed to tip, which feels pretty bad. Parking during peak hours can be a huge pain which slows down the favor.

Once you do make some money, it will show up in your bank account in about 3 days, not counting weekends.
Pros
Set your own schedule, get paid relatively quickly
Cons
Consistent work for variable pay, wear and tear on car, no gas compensation
Relaxed at your own speed type of job
My own boss, and delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working with Favor and would have continued to work with them if had not crashed my car :( The fact you can choose when you work is great. When you're a college kid its great to have that freedom to choose when to work as long as you can have good time management skills, and stick to the plan of working 8 hours some days. The hardest part of the job was the fast paced days but even then I would not consider it hard. The great thing also is the cool places you get to go and the people you get to meet along the way.
Pros
Fun, Relaxed, Enjoyable
Cons
Fast paced on certain days, tips being low
Favor Job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 1, 2018
Work is what you make of it. College towns are the best place for this job because in a big city you'll spend most of your time driving around and you'll barely break even.
It works once you “know the ropes”
Favor Runner part-time (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2018
If you have an economical car, you earn more because you aren’t compensated for gas. As far as “learning the ropes”, by doing the job you learn what Favors to accept and what not to accept. Personally, I don’t deliver to the Domain—especially on weekends because the parking is insane and not worth my time. Also, you may deliver to a wealthy zip code to find you’re delivering a burger to the teenage son/daughter who gives you a $2 tip. My biggest complaint is the treatment you get from various establishments that treat Favor runners rudely because they don’t get the tip. One last thing, Favor doesn’t tell you what specials they are running so when they give every first-timer a free cheeseburger from some place you’re likely to run around all shift delivering small orders (one per hour) to receive a $2 tip—those customers they are trying to entice into using Favor are not the customers they want. I spent 45 min total and drive over 20 miles to deliver a burger (which I realized was free for the customer) and fries for a $2 tip. Not good.
Pros
Set my own hours/accept or not accep Favors
Cons
Algorithm is wonky
fun & easy
Favor Runner (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 17, 2018
Very relaxed perfect for a little extra cash especially if you’re in college. You can make a schedule if you want but you’re not required which is nice.
Cons
Decent money can be made
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
Decent money can be made here, unfortunately it's few orders that make up the decent money. You do get pulled into different areas, so you can explore your city. The flip side to that is that you can get pulled way away from the areas that can make you the most. The lack of respectable answers you get from the support email is also very annoying. They can sometimes talk down to you when replying.
Pros
Exploring the city, work when you want
Cons
Long distance travel, no gas reimbursement
Not a bad part time job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2018
You can set your own hours and its pretty relaxed. The job assignment can be confusing and I was sent across town and back frequently. The guaranteed minimum hourly pay is the real draw here. If you are ok with the minimum hourly pay its fine, but don't expect any more.
Pros
Minimum hourly pay, set own hours
Cons
annoying routes, irregular jobs
Relaxing
Courier Serviceman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
Favor is a relaxing work environment that allows you to easily work as a part time gig on the side of your current job or schooling situation. The pay is decent but you pay your own gas so theres that
Pros
relaxing
Cons
pay own gas
Make your own schedule
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
With Favor Delivery, one is able to schedule themselves any hours they desire. One can listen to music and dress freely as they deliver customers' orders.
Pros
self-schedule, free dress, listen to music
Cons
gas
fast pace food delivery
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2018
The faster you are moving the more money you make because it is flat rate and tip based. Taught me how to manage my time. The hardest part of the job is finding the routes with the least traffic.
Pros
paid everyday
Cons
sometimes it moves slow
Great for temporary work
Runner and Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 23, 2018
Utilized Favor as a full time college student, but would not recommend for long term. The culture is relaxed, you don't have to wear the optional uniform. The hardest part about working with Favor is finding apartment buildings in the dark late at night - if you can do that, you're gold! I enjoyed being able to build my own schedule around my class workload, and also didn't have to request time off for travels.
Pros
Getting to know the area, finding new places to try food, great customers
Cons
Competitive scheduling
Great for full-time students or people who need flexible schedule
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2018
This is a good job for a time in your life until you are ready and able to work full-time regular schedule like i am at this point. I learned how to juggle a work and school schedule along with everything else in your day to day life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Favor Delivery. Our community is ready to answer.