Favor Delivery Employee Reviews

Fun job with little skill.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2018
Great job for those looking to make some extra cash. You get paid a on tips only basis, with a small incentive to bring in more people. You do get a portion of the delivery fee and customers have no opt-out option of not tipping.
Relaxed at your own speed type of job
My own boss, and delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working with Favor and would have continued to work with them if had not crashed my car :( The fact you can choose when you work is great. When you're a college kid its great to have that freedom to choose when to work as long as you can have good time management skills, and stick to the plan of working 8 hours some days. The hardest part of the job was the fast paced days but even then I would not consider it hard. The great thing also is the cool places you get to go and the people you get to meet along the way.
Pros
Fun, Relaxed, Enjoyable
Cons
Fast paced on certain days, tips being low
Favor Job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 1, 2018
Work is what you make of it. College towns are the best place for this job because in a big city you'll spend most of your time driving around and you'll barely break even.
It works once you “know the ropes”
Favor Runner part-time (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2018
If you have an economical car, you earn more because you aren’t compensated for gas. As far as “learning the ropes”, by doing the job you learn what Favors to accept and what not to accept. Personally, I don’t deliver to the Domain—especially on weekends because the parking is insane and not worth my time. Also, you may deliver to a wealthy zip code to find you’re delivering a burger to the teenage son/daughter who gives you a $2 tip. My biggest complaint is the treatment you get from various establishments that treat Favor runners rudely because they don’t get the tip. One last thing, Favor doesn’t tell you what specials they are running so when they give every first-timer a free cheeseburger from some place you’re likely to run around all shift delivering small orders (one per hour) to receive a $2 tip—those customers they are trying to entice into using Favor are not the customers they want. I spent 45 min total and drive over 20 miles to deliver a burger (which I realized was free for the customer) and fries for a $2 tip. Not good.
Pros
Set my own hours/accept or not accep Favors
Cons
Algorithm is wonky
fun & easy
Favor Runner (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 17, 2018
Very relaxed perfect for a little extra cash especially if you’re in college. You can make a schedule if you want but you’re not required which is nice.
Cons
Decent money can be made
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
Decent money can be made here, unfortunately it's few orders that make up the decent money. You do get pulled into different areas, so you can explore your city. The flip side to that is that you can get pulled way away from the areas that can make you the most. The lack of respectable answers you get from the support email is also very annoying. They can sometimes talk down to you when replying.
Pros
Exploring the city, work when you want
Cons
Long distance travel, no gas reimbursement
Not a bad part time job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2018
You can set your own hours and its pretty relaxed. The job assignment can be confusing and I was sent across town and back frequently. The guaranteed minimum hourly pay is the real draw here. If you are ok with the minimum hourly pay its fine, but don't expect any more.
Pros
Minimum hourly pay, set own hours
Cons
annoying routes, irregular jobs
Relaxing
Courier Serviceman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
Favor is a relaxing work environment that allows you to easily work as a part time gig on the side of your current job or schooling situation. The pay is decent but you pay your own gas so theres that
Pros
relaxing
Cons
pay own gas
Make your own schedule
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
With Favor Delivery, one is able to schedule themselves any hours they desire. One can listen to music and dress freely as they deliver customers' orders.
Pros
self-schedule, free dress, listen to music
Cons
gas
fast pace food delivery
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2018
The faster you are moving the more money you make because it is flat rate and tip based. Taught me how to manage my time. The hardest part of the job is finding the routes with the least traffic.
Pros
paid everyday
Cons
sometimes it moves slow
Great for temporary work
Runner and Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 23, 2018
Utilized Favor as a full time college student, but would not recommend for long term. The culture is relaxed, you don't have to wear the optional uniform. The hardest part about working with Favor is finding apartment buildings in the dark late at night - if you can do that, you're gold! I enjoyed being able to build my own schedule around my class workload, and also didn't have to request time off for travels.
Pros
Getting to know the area, finding new places to try food, great customers
Cons
Competitive scheduling
Great for full-time students or people who need flexible schedule
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2018
This is a good job for a time in your life until you are ready and able to work full-time regular schedule like i am at this point. I learned how to juggle a work and school schedule along with everything else in your day to day life.
Spend more money on gas than you make because they send you way too far.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2018
They need to increase the guaranteed money and start compensation for gas after a certain mileage is reached. The referral bonus sucks. The runner app needs improvements.
Pros
Work whenever you want
Cons
Everything other than choosing when you want to work
Not worth the gas
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 12, 2018
You basically use the money you get to pay for the gas you use. Very frustrating when dealing with arguing customers. Orders are not guaranteed so you might just be waiting for hours on end for an order that will get you 8 bucks.
Pros
flexible scxhedule
Cons
lack of consistency
Relaxed and flexible work, but low compensation
Driver (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 11, 2018
Very relaxed most of the time, but can become very hectic at peak hours. The management is good and easy to work with. It's a good job for someone looking for easy and flexible part-time work. It's not for someone looking for a secure, well-compensated job, this is not that at all. The company claims that you make a minimum of $9 an hour, but that's only if you are able to sign up for scheduled hours, which you must manually do so ever week. They also only pay $2.10 per delivery and they consider any tips as part of that $9. So that "guarantee" is only for if you don't meet the minimum by the end of your shift. The company also considers their drivers as independent contractors and not employees, and as such taxes are not taken out of your pay and you do not receive a W2. So be wary to put some of your earning aside for tax season. Taking into consideration the personal costs of saving for taxes, and car depreciation, and gas, you might average about $7 per hour.
Pros
Very flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay
Definitely wasn’t worth it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2018
Before beginning to deliver on your own, you have to attend “training” where you’re lectured for an hour and then drive around and deliver with the trainer and another person who wants to Deliver. I see it as a waste of time if Favor is not the first delivery job for you and you have experience. Too bad you still have to complete the training. When i started, I would barely make $6 on one delivery. Keep in mind Favor only pays you $2 and then the rest comes from the customer and how much they want to tip. Also, you have to place each and every order yourself and wait for the food. You’d think the payment would be high in that case, but it’s not. Hours are hard to get, lowering your chances of getting a lot orders. Wouldn’t recommend Favor unless it’s your last resort at paying a phone bill or something.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Low pay, no gas reimbursement, hard to get hours
Freedom
Bike Courrier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2018
You have control of where and when you work. It is the least stressful job I've had. I have met a lot of people around Austin as well as ways to evade traffic.
Pros
Exercise, Being Outside, Freedom
Cons
Some customers can make mistakes/restaurants as well
Great
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2018
I love this job. I do my own schedule and managed time. Paid is good depend on customers offer tip mostly $20 less. Include paid for gas. Be safe and watch out
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Traffic and downtown
I love it.
Runner Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2018
If you ask me I enjoy it. The pay is fair but it gets the billed paid. Module are not on you as much and the schedule is super flexible! So you really don't have to be too worried about getting fired.
set your own schedule and have fun while doing favors
Keep in touch w/ dispatcher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2018
pick up food orders and deliver them to customers you work by yourself and use your own car and pay for gas and mileage wasnt paid for. set your own schedule
Pros
fun
Cons
use your own car

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Favor Delivery. Our community is ready to answer.