Favor TechConsulting

Favor TechConsulting Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA14 reviews
Favor TechConsulting offers an energetic environment to work in. The work is challenging and the assignments require an independent focus to achieve. Improved communication between the Management Team and employees is needed.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Little employee financial incentives, i.e., bonuses, stock options, etc.
Lack of training for USARNG Project. Management needs improvement on how to address issues professionally, communicating with staff and not gossip, Build a better plan on how to make the Job more feasible to work. Colleagues only speak to whom they choose . Be prepared to start training 1-2 months from working on the project.
Official response from Favor TechConsulting
March 12, 2020
Thank you for the candid feedback. Having experienced tremendous growth over the past few years, we have focused a lot of energy in coaching our management team to ensure consistency in our training and procedures, in setting and holding employees accountable to clearly defined expectations, and ensuring work-load is evenly distributed across our teams so that everyone can enjoy a healthy work-life balance. Regular feedback procedures such as our annual review process, employee surveys, and our open door policy are designed to identify issues and encourage an open, respectful dialogue so all employees feel encouraged and supported in a positive, productive, and respectful work environment.
Favor Tech did not provide the necessary resources to carry out my job. All I did was doing data entry. The work was not interesting. Management micromanaged everything. I left because it was not challenging and the position was not what I expected.
Like any company, there are good program managers and there are bad managers. If you're fortunate enough to get a good one, you can really advance and move forward. They help guide and shape you to make you a better employee. There are other managers that do nothing to support the project or the team, yet you see them advance as well. It's difficult to watch when you see someone advance when you know others that have worked harder and smarter not get recognized. They do provide options for Telework, and those individuals are able to have a decent work/life balance. However, if you work at HQ, sometimes that is more difficult to manage. Their IT department has 5 or 6 techs, yet I only see 1 tech doing all the work, while the others are sitting around doing nothing or very little, and they get away with it because their fathers are PM's or Directors in the company, yet the 1 guy that handles all the tickets isn't being recognized or helped by his team.
Pros
Telework, Flex Work Week
Cons
Nepotism, reviews not reflected in the raises
Official response from Favor TechConsulting
March 12, 2020
Thank you for the constructive feedback. Having experienced tremendous growth over the past few years, we have focused a lot of energy in coaching our management team to ensure consistency in our procedures, in setting and holding employees accountable to clearly defined expectations, and in ensuring work-load is evenly distributed across our teams so that everyone can enjoy a healthy work-life balance regardless of their manager or location. Regular feedback procedures such as our annual review process, employee surveys, and our open door policy are designed to encourage an open dialogue with our team and to recognize and reward individuals who are high performers. We strive to cultivate a work environment that fosters employee growth and development for our FTC Family.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great place to work at, good work atmospere. They looked after their employees and treated them like their own family. Along with taking care of their employees
Fair place to work. During any billing period the job can be stressful for a project billing accountant. The office environment was typical, no better or worse.
Pros
Great Location near Metro
Cons
position eliminated
Worked on the ARNG project. They promised training i never reached. Project Manager and leadership team act like they don’t know what’s going on with the team are unreachable. Im sure this project wont last long. Don’t take the time to train the people they hire properly. The turn around here is horrible because of lack of training and favoritism.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Training and Training
The company overall is a great place to work. However the ARNG Credentialing project is a nightmare the project manager and team lead are very unprofessional and lack the know to properly train the staff. The team lead told a new hire during training that they asked to many question and she didn’t have time for all of that.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Bad leadership and project management
Has great benefits and the potential to be a great atmosphere but program manager was often unreachable, made empty promises and was unsupportive. I, as well as my peers, made several complaints about the project we were assigned to in regards to the Team lead and project manager’s inconsistencies, lack of proper management, favoritism,etc. No follow through or follow up was done
Pros
Ok benefits
Cons
Poor work/life balance and management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Favor TechConsulting?
I was a contractor and did not work for the corporate office. I found the staff to be helpful and ready to assist. My negative ratings reflect for the program manager that manage my contract.
Pros
Great holiday parties
Cons
Not enough vacation time
Be prepared to answer detailed questions about your field of expertise. They may be a young company but they are experts in the contracting field and hire the best, so be ready to show them that you will have boots on the ground and collaborating with the team on day one. A bonus is that they host great after work gym events and happy hours.

Pros
Collaborative environment
Cons
n/a
The job was easy and allowed me to see multiple locations. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do IT work. The contract ended sooner than expected and thus we ran out of work. The management was excellent.
Pros
Per diem and getting to travel to different states
Cons
The contract ended sooner than expected.
Favor Tech is a good company with a lot of potential. They treat their workers with respect, and value the Job/Life balance.
We all work together very well in collaboration and understanding all requirement from the client. The management staff here are awesome to work with. The hardest part is just that the client doesn't always provide us the requirement to the fullest detail, so in return our deadline keeps on moving.
Pros
Occassion work from home, free lunches
Cons
no matching 401k