Favor Employee Reviews

Horrible.
N/A (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 15, 2018
No way you make that $9 a hour. You're only "on call" and can't be placed "on schedule"to make the guaranteed $9...EVER. The staff can't properly explain prodigious details and a lack of verbal knowledge makes it much more difficult to communicate with whoever is on support. The company is slowly growing to its demise. I think Ill stay with Lyft and Uber.
Pros
Getting out of the house.
Cons
Not enough money to take back to the house.
Fun place to work with flexible hours
ATTORNEY/MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 6, 2018
I had a positive experience working for Favor although it comes with the caveat that it requires long hours in order to make a competitive salary. If you are looking for a job that gives you flexibility to set your own hours, with a high degree of autonomy, I would recommend it. If you are looking for a typical 9-5 job that is stable with good benefits, I would recommend looking somewhere else.
Pros
Fun work environment, good people, flexible schedules
Cons
Minimal benefits, long hours necessary for competitive pay
Excellent
Runner (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 28, 2018
I love working for this company because I get to meet new and smiling faces, great experiences, I get paid of course and I get to set my own schedule.
Pros
You definitely get the hours
Cons
N/a
supplemental income only
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 22, 2018
some days it's okay, most days it's not. There's no boss to talk to when something goes wrong. There's no room to move up. The pay depends on people being nice and most of the time they're not.
Was okay a few years ago, steadily declined...
Runner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2018
When I first started delivering with Favor, a few years ago, the pay was higher. They had guaranteed pay hours on their schedule ranging from $11 to $18 per hour. They also passed through 100% of the additional fees charged to customers when the maket was too busy. In the beginning, I averaged about $20/hr
As time went by, they started cutting and cutting pay. They reduced ALL hourly guarantees to $9/hr, and they now keep 80% of bonus fees charged to the customer (which causes the customers to not tip the driver, as they are already getting gigged). They also require you accept 90% of all orders offered to you, or they remove your eligibility for any bonuses or gurantees. Their current plan is to just mass-hire people to maintain the cheapest labor cost possible.
Towards the end, it was hard to make $12 per hour (average of a full 40 hour week) Once you subtract out having to pay uour own taxes, vehicle maintence, etc.., that is less than minimum wage. They pay $2.10 per delivery whether it takes 10 minutes or 2 hours. My last 1000 deliveries took 38 minutes each on average. (Compared to 24mins per run with an average of $9.19 per drop that I make with a very similair app locally) They rest is tips. Sometimes thay are good, usually not. Most students (the majority of Favor’s business) tip the minimum $2. They do not pay for excess wait time or mileage like other apps. They require you to order every single order yourself, complicating and delayin progress. They also do not provide the additional insirance REQUIRED to operate a vehice for deliveries. The additional cost
  more... of commercial insurance is 100% the responsibility of the Runner. (Again, unlike other apps)
Further, they don’t even put any efffort into doing your tax forms. They have their credit card processor send you a 1099k which indicates that you made 100% of the amount of money that they charged on all of your orders for the year (a tiny % of which was actually you wage). You then are burdened with researching how much the entire years food cost was as an expense on your taxes. The worst part of which, is that the extremely exaggerated figure makes you an IRS target for audits.
In my market, there is a lot of on-demand and delivery opportunities. All that I tried pay better and are more flexible. I run on 2 other apps now and average $22/hr. So Favor is just not competitive.
They pay less, ask more, and play games with the taxes. It is totally not woth messing with.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Terrible pay, high stress, greedy company
Great side job
Runner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
If you're looking to put a little extra money in your pocket on the side, this is the job for you. Although available hours are somewhat hard to come by, the pay per hour is typically above average.
Last place in ranking of delivery driver companies
Runner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2018
You do the most work for the lowest compensation when you work for Favor compared to other companies

Most of the time if the delivery time was long it’s not the divers fault but the fault of the algorithm or support. But the Driver gets punished thru low tips and low ratings.

If an order takes too long...low tip but if you are really fast on a delivery.... low tip because why tip high for 15-25 minutes of work?

Some customers write down conflicting vague or ambiguous instructions and become rude when called for clarification.

Overall he customers are the most entitled and arrogant of delivery however they are paying very high fees so it is somewhat understandable

Judging by some of he reviews written by customers It’s possible that the customer is charged higher rates during prime delivery periods and that additional cost is not being passed to the driver. This would explain the low tips given to the driver
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Low pay hard work compared to other delivery platforms.
I have no review to write
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2018
You work on your own hours and vehicle. You get tipped on top of a pay per delivery run you make. Bosses are good and they do work with you on your hours.
Good place for quick cash
Runner (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 16, 2018
Favor is a good way to pick up quick pocket cash,but only if someone else is paying for your gas. Many patrons do not tip as well as they should so in order to make a decent paycheck you have to do a lot of deliveries and a lot of driving and Favor does not reimburse for mileage or gas.
Customer service
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 24, 2018
This is a poor company my girlfriend have been working almost a month and they haven't paid her yet poor communication no one ever answers quickly this company is ascheme like it or not if you want some one to work for you you should pay them well not favor this company is an embarrassment to the us citizens I am working with a lawyer to to settle this I have family to take care of this situation
Pros
Bad service
Cons
Poor company
Not bad
Runner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2018
Pay based mainly off of tips. Helps to have a good gas mileage car. Driving and shopping, pretty straight forward. Can schedule yourself whenever. Good as a temp or side job.
Pros
Whatever schedule you want.
Cons
Pay can be low.
Knowledgeable and Family Friendly
Parent Navigator (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTApril 10, 2018
Colleagues I have worked with are all very passionate and have some sort of personal experience in the area of their jobs. Very compassionate and caring individuals who want to empower other families and individuals with the challenges of behavioral health in children. Willing to educate anyone who is touched by someone whom has special abilities, mental health issues, and even medical home questions. Wanting to change the system to make it easier to access when families are in crisis and need help.
Pros
Atmosphere being part of a bigger family. Family Friendly
Cons
cost of medical coverage, and salary increase
Very Simple
Courier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2018
The process of being signed up and ready to go, took about a week. They check your insurance background while you go through a hour presentation. The slideshow shows the run down effectively; also providing options for you to be taking on a ride along if you have trouble understanding the app.
Pros
Guarantied Pay Occasionally
Cons
Parking mostly
So far NOT Good
Runner (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 23, 2018
I have worked 10 hours this week and made less than $60, and driven over a hundred miles. I'm averaging less than $6 per hour. If you consider that the IRS recommends mileage rate of 55 cents per miles, just to cover the cost of gas plus wear and tear on your car, then I've just broken even. The problem is that the minimums are too low. They only charge a $6 delivery fee, of which the runner gets $2.10. With traffic in Fort Worth, thanks to every road being under construction, plus waiting for trains and going through slow school zones, you can only do about 2 deliveries per hour and there is no minimum on the amount of purchase. So, a lot of the orders are $6 lunches, etc. How much is someone going to tip on a $6 order with a $6 delivery fee? Not much, even though it took about 30 minutes to complete the favor. This is NOT worth it. They need to charge the customer more and pay the runner much, much, much better. I ended up 30 miles from home to complete my 2nd delivery last night. I'm working for free so far.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Zero pay
No loyalty
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2018
Office is full of start-up culture flash but poor oversight, management, or foresight.

Worst of all is the pettiness and lack of loyalty.

Long time supporters are unappreciated, cut loose or pushed aside.
Bogus company
Driver (Current Employee) –  HoustonMarch 12, 2018
They are thieves in suits... they only pay 2.10 per favor and the support and mangement are really bad... they cut a portion of tip for example you get 5.10 so who pay such a tip unless they cutted a portion.... and the tax support is really bad... they want you to fill all tax on credit card so the company will get a free income tax free... it was the mistake of my life to waste my car and time with them and they steal runner points... And a lot more to say about this horrible company.
Pros
Good tips from generous customers
Cons
All the rest that you can imagine
Perfecto trabajo como estudiante
Repartidor de comida (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Muy entretenido, controlas lo que ganas y trabajas
Great way to listen to your own music at work
Tx - Runner (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Easy job being a delivery person however sometimes there can be miscommunication between runners and customers or even the support staff. you just have to make sure that you are in a good area to get orders or youll only get paid like $4 for 2 hours cause youll be in spot where nobody is ordering.
it is fun
Favor Runner (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 1, 2018
it is a very fun and flexable work environment. I would recomment it for someone in school or with another job. would not recomment for a full time job.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
hard to get on the schedule
Nice people lots of freedom
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Freedom of work hours. Tips go through company when people use debit/credit so very little tips. Hourly wages were lower than expected. Recommend that you have an eco gas vehicle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Favor. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight