Favor

Favor Employee Reviews

United States594 reviews

runnerappdeliveryguaranteecarvehiclewearschedule

I like it

It’s a good job if you need something to help with bills. As well as if you are a parent it will work around your schedule if you set it like that. You also get to work for yourself and start and finish when you want to.

Pros

Make my own schedule

Cons

Not making enough money, having to run like crazy to make rent

What is the best part of working at the company?You make your own hours.They compensated for the rise in gas pricesThey are right there for you whenever you need helpWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Traffic is the most stressful part of the jobWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good you work by yourself What is a typical day like for you at the company?What you want it to be because you do it whenever you want

Favor insights

• Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

Great Temporary Gig Work with Good Room for Company Growth

Great work in a big city. Fun and independent. Favor support is great, seen a lot of improvements over the years. Amazing pay with bonuses, make more than I would in my career. Favor needs to implement a system similar to DoorDash or UberEats so each driver doesn't have to order individually, just frustrates customers. Let customers place orders directly in the app. We know HEB has the money and resources to implement this and will keep the app competitive.

So easy

Great for any time you need fast cash. I wish the pay was higher and the tip was higher requirement. Sometimes u don’t get a favor request for long periods of time or it’sa far delivery and not worth the gas or mileage.

Pros

2.00 min tip required

Cons

2.00 min tip required

It's A Side Job

Honestly, I am not sure if it's even worth being a delivery driver anymore. You may average about $10 per delivery and a single delivery could take about 30 min. to an hour to complete. I wouldn't try making this my full-time job. Just as a way to get a bit of extra money when I need it. At least you get to work when and pretty much where you want. Dispatchers seem pretty helpful when you need them and I haven't come across any customers that were rude or disrespectful, fortunately.

Meh

Good enough if you have decent promos in your area. Running just for the tip $ is not efficient and will probably result in financial loss when dealing with car wear and tear as well as gas.

Definitely great for extra money

Definitely a great job for extra money and very flexible with hours. You can always just hop in the car and make a few bucks at any time it's honestly a life saver when I'm in a pinch

Beyond flexible schedule

The Favor Running in Austin pretty much favors the most consistent workers. Getting on the schedule helps. But even when you're not on it, the runners who killed it last week, or have been working dependably for the last year are going to get the jobs first. My favorite thing about working for them is they've broken Austin (Which is 30 something miles wide.) into zones. So you can get good at at working a paticular area. Just don't expect to be super busy right off at any time the of day u choose.

Decent

Favor is part of the HEB family which helps it out a lot only in Texas since the only decent orders you get are from HEB fleet orders and grocery. The guarantees are nice but always reducing the amount which make working the whole day even worth it and are harder to get with over saturation of the market. Once I got a good paying full time job I no longer doing favor.

Modeled on Exploiting the lowest-paid workers

Hourly worker wages are not keeping up with the cost of living. Middle managers are adult babysitters with no empathy for things like needing scheduling accommodation for mental health. Promotion and learning opportunities are handed out on popularity and nepotism. DEI initiatives were mostly performative and in the guise of a "fun" "start-up" culture with no real impact. There is no excuse for the lack of support, incompetent middle management, and inability to keep wages up with the cost of living when Favor is owned by, and has corporate backing by H-E-B.

Pros

Great health benefits, 401k match - if you can afford to contribute from your hourly wage.

Cons

Pay, toxic management, lack of learning and development.

It’s a easy job

It’s good the only thing is you have to call in the order or place the order inside instead of just picking it up. It’s more of a interactive job. If you like to get easy, money and quick favor is the job for you.

no hours available

typical day consists of making almost no money. right now in 2022 favor is not worth working for. Maybe in the city of Austin , you can work because that's where the company originated. however there is no business to be found in houston. on top of that, tip culture is different in Houston. so you'll get almost no orders and then get tipped badly when you do one. its not worth it most of the time but especially now that gas prices are so high. almost everything else is more profitable then favor and carry less risk. because you also risk your car when you work favor.

Pros

make your own schedule

Cons

no hours to even make your own schedule

Work when you want

When you need money all you need to do is walk out your front door, get in your vehicle and start running. My position was just a gig runner so there was no schedule etc.

Overall positive

I had an overall pleasant experience with favor while I was there, I'm unsure what it's like to work there currently however as it's been some time since my last position with the company.

Self-schedule

Depending on the market, local fuel prices, and vehicle maintenance, Favor Runners can earn a decent wage. However, the maintenance costs to your vehicle will be substantial.

Stay away

You're always wrong.They don't even listen to you, or respond your emails as a "partner".Every end of month they don't count your deliveries correctly, so they pay you short on your earnings. Every single end of month I had to email them to correct my payout amount, and I've done this for 2 years.I'm done with this company after over 7.000 deliveries. PS: To them, you are replaceable. They don't care about you.

Fast and easy.

It was the first job in the pandemic. Most people stayed in instead eating out, tons of work. Happy it was only me as a delivery man. During busy hours 4 to 10 you had a chance to gain incentives from delivering certain amount of food or groceries. Definitely stay in contact with customer for any questions. You set your hours. Work well with a functional car.

Make your own schedule

Great job if you’re looking to set your own hours! As a mom of 3 and one of them being special needs I love being able to be present in their lives but also make my own schedule and being a income into our home. If you’re able to figure out the peak times and places to be it’s easy to make some good money.

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexibility, high potential tipsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Juggling multiple orders at onceWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Fine. there's minimal oversight so you can really do what you like. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Drive around, place orders, deliver them. Same every day.

Good side job

I feel like favor has the best tips out of all the side gigs. They are offering fuel incentives at the moment. It's very easy work except when there's lots of stairs.

Working for Free…

This job is ok for a little backup money but with all of the drive time and not enough pay, your basically working for free. The reimbursement for gas is zero to nothing considering the gas prices and the tips aren’t always great. They expect for you to accept assignments from one side of town across the other and then having an acceptance rating for assignments is ridiculous. It’s best to consider assignments closer to you in your area to avoid ‘working for free’, that’s when you can be able to save better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Favor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Favor with

Favor reviews by popular job title

• Favor