Favor

Runner250 reviews
United States250 reviews

runnerappdeliveryguaranteecarvehiclewearschedule

Meh

Good enough if you have decent promos in your area. Running just for the tip $$ is not efficient and will probably result in financial loss when dealing with car wear and tear as well as gas.

Definitely great for extra money

Definitely a great job for extra money and very flexible with hours. You can always just hop in the car and make a few bucks at any time it's honestly a life saver when I'm in a pinch

Favor insights

• Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

no hours available

typical day consists of making almost no money. right now in 2022 favor is not worth working for. Maybe in the city of Austin , you can work because that's where the company originated. however there is no business to be found in houston. on top of that, tip culture is different in Houston. so you'll get almost no orders and then get tipped badly when you do one. its not worth it most of the time but especially now that gas prices are so high. almost everything else is more profitable then favor and carry less risk. because you also risk your car when you work favor.

Pros

make your own schedule

Cons

no hours to even make your own schedule

Work when you want

When you need money all you need to do is walk out your front door, get in your vehicle and start running. My position was just a gig runner so there was no schedule etc.

Stay away

You're always wrong.They don't even listen to you, or respond your emails as a "partner".Every end of month they don't count your deliveries correctly, so they pay you short on your earnings. Every single end of month I had to email them to correct my payout amount, and I've done this for 2 years.I'm done with this company after over 7.000 deliveries. PS: To them, you are replaceable. They don't care about you.

Fast and easy.

It was the first job in the pandemic. Most people stayed in instead eating out, tons of work. Happy it was only me as a delivery man. During busy hours 4 to 10 you had a chance to gain incentives from delivering certain amount of food or groceries. Definitely stay in contact with customer for any questions. You set your hours. Work well with a functional car.

Horrible Job

Horrible job that preys on the unemployed. You will never actually make money running for Favor, and I would be surprised if you broke even at the end of the year. This job is only okay if you need a quick extra $20, and even then on some days it could take you 3-4 hours to actually make that. Some days I have actually only made $4-5 an hour.

Pros

Absolutely none at all.

Cons

Too long to list here

In order to make money, must work minimum 10 hours a day

The only way to make money doing this is to work 10-14 hours a day. The promo’s at times can be good but they lower them immediately. The partnership with heb is a great deal, but that’s the only gauranteed orders you’ll get weekly

Pros

Make your hours, easy to do

Cons

Kills car, not enough users

Run with Other Apps When Possible

Favor has some pretty good promotions and you can make good money from time to time, but they don't seem to care about their drivers as much as other delivery apps I have tried. When a customer cancels an order, often because an item they wanted is not available, there is no compensation for the time you spent on the order. There has also been a couple of instances where they've assigned the same HEB fleet order to two drivers and you show up and the order is gone. When you reach out for customer service, the response is the same, you can email them about your issue if you want to escalate it, but tough luck, just cancel the order and move on. Other driving apps compensate you partially when this happens. Their customer support team can sometimes take 15min to respond too, which doesn't sound like a lot but is crucial when you need help with a live order. And if you need help with anything having to do with pay, they redirect you to the email team. Great company and concept, but they really need to work on how they treat their drivers.

Pros

quick deliveries, good promotions

Cons

customer service is lacking, no compensation for customers who cancel orders midway through your shop

Time wasted

Not enough orders, too many runners, have to wait around for 1-2 hours to atleast get a decent order, can't see the pay beforehand (only after you have completed the delivery), the promos lack. Run 12 favors for a guaranteed $140, but you actually have to be out there all day! To get these done.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Too many runners, not enough decent orders, promos are a joke

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Favor?

Easy money and flexible hours

Overall I'm happy working for this company. I've always liked to help others out any way that I can and this company is Designed to do just that. I've done thousands of deliveries for uber eats and doordash, favor is completely different. If you want to be treated as just a food delivery driver and have to deal with the worst customer support then work for uber and doordash, if you want to be appreciated for helping out your community then favor all the way.

Easy work but lies about bonus pay

This is the 2nd time I’ve not received my bonus pay from Favor Runner. Although I was in the qualifying market, they refused to give me credit for the delivery done on Sunday which would give a bonus of $50 for 5 runs but because the customer didn’t complete the order until the next day, they refused to count the order on the day it was delivered which was Sunday instead completing it on Monday. I think Runner does not want to pay bonuses and they do things like this so as not have to pay! This is why they constantly have bonuses listed because no one wants to work for them because they lie to their delivery drivers and won’t pay! DO NOT WORK FOR THIS DELIVERY SERVICE!

Pros

Easy work, flexible schedule

Cons

Will NOT PAY as promise

Flexible and personable. Meet fun out going people.

I worked for favor for 3 years and loved every moment of it. Every time I hit a milestone they would give me a free favor item. I still use my favor bag on my camping trips! The club house was always a cool place to recharge and hang out with other favor friends. I brought 3 people on board through out my time. I am so grateful for the time I had with them. The only reason I stopped working was because of the shut down when life changed for all of us. It didn't make me rich but it definitely helped me get through life! Good fun times

Great to work when you need extra cash.

When weekends are busy and there's good guarantees, Favor is fantastic. Nothing more fun than driving around town listening to whatever I want on the radio, discovering new popular restaurants in the area, though navigating certain apartment complexes with confusing numbering is a big minus.

Easy & useful

Great gig to earn money but wouldn’t suggest it as a full time job. They do offer promos during week days example:Monday- Thursday you get 120.00 for each day Weekend promoFriday-Sunday you get 90.00 for each day.

It’s ok

It’s not badBut it’s too floodedLots of former pick upsHave their own delivery drivers nowThe promos used to be good in the beginning But like I said there is not a lot of good pick ups anymore

Pros

No boss

Cons

Stuck in car for a long time to make money

Best Delivery App Job

I can’t find a single bad thing to say about the company and the work. Just sign on when you choose and work. If you get tipped low. That’s not the company it’s the customers. But Favors customer service is quick and easy and thorough. Depending on your lifestyle, you could make this a main job if you put in work. But it’s perfect for making some money for a vacation or a shopping trip!

Pros

Cons

Been working for years and can’t find a single!

Make your own schedule

The pay is horrible. With the gas pricing at a all time high, you would think the company provide better promos but they seem to not care. That is not good especially since we work for our vehicles

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Horrible pay

Barely worth the money spent

Working at favor isn't hard, provided you don't mind constant heavy traffic, rude customers, or the thankless tips that make up the bulk of your pay. Unless you plan on running your car into the ground inside a year, don't expect to make much more than pocket change. People make money as a driver, but they all work well over 12 hours a day, usually no less than 6 days a week. Sometimes you make good tips, but usually it's a mixed bag at best. With that many hours on the road, you're going to need those tips to pay for the inevitable damages and wear and tear on your vehicle. Though advertised as choose your own schedule, if you expect to justify the cost of gas alone you'll need to work more than part time. Phone support is competent but that's one of the few positive things to be said for the job. I don't recommend this unless you want to be a career delivery person, and there are better ways of going about that.

Fun

Favor is the perfect job for anyone who needs flexibility. I am a single parent of 4, full-time student, and deal with a host of mental issues (so they say lol). Working for Favor has given me the ability to take care of my children without any assistance, be available at the drop of a dime, and alleviate the stress of having a limit to my income.

The hours are long and the gas is expensive. You want to wait hours been delivers so the pay get decreased. They have gone downhill in the almost 3 years I have worked here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Favor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits