Favorite Healthcare Staffing Employee Reviews

Great Company to Work For - Management Not So Much
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 13, 2018
Always be the favorite and never get on anyone that you report to bad side or things can quickly go south for you. The pace and fast and once you get the swing of things and learn the ins and outs to get the bonuses you then see why everyone is so cut throat about making they points.
Pros
Short hours and good pay
Cons
Job feels like it's always in jeopardy
August 14, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. We make every attempt to stay at the cutting edge of the industry, but not at the expense of changing too fast to consider and appreciate our employees. Thank you for your contributions to Favorite!

Family Environment
Payroll Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 1, 2018
The environment alone is unlike anything out there. This is an amazing company to work for overall. The leadership is topnotch and genuinely cares about their employees.
Pros
You are able to be yourself.
Cons
Few bad apples
August 2, 2018

Thank you for the kind words. We genuinely care about each and every one of our employees. Thanks for being a part of Favorite!

Love to travel to different facilities and may start to go different states very adventurous
CNA/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Currently in NC and former NJJuly 20, 2018
I like the fact that I make my own schedule and work where I please and hard as I please. It is a very good job if you like to work at your own pace. The Management is very understanding and helpful. I would like to thank all of the management from NJ to NC. You pick your own life the way you want it and Favorite helps you do that. Love Favorite been with them since 2010
Pros
Feel like part of the team
Cons
Not one company is perfect.
July 31, 2018

Thanks for the great review! We can't say how much we appreciate your many years as part of the Favorite Family. Please never hesitate to share thoughts for improvements - we have no greater assets than our employees!

Difficult App
RN (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 12, 2018
Favorite has a reputation for being a tough agency to work with.
Their timekeeping app is challenging and error occur in payroll which they will make you responsible for. I do not recommend them for travel, perhaps per diem work locally, but does not have the sophistication, support, or clinical expertise to manage problems that come up on assignments.

I would not recommend nurses to start with Favorite.
Salaries tend to be lower than competing agencies with the same jobs/clients. Will not go to bat for you. Probably similar to most placement agencies, but definitely not the gold standard for travel companies.
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Payroll, Benefits
July 13, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Favorite has worked with thousands of employees across the US since 1981, helping them find success in their per diem, contract, travel and permanent placement efforts. We are available 24/7 thanks to our fantastic National Operations Center. They work tirelessly to make sure we are always able to assist our healthcare professionals and give them the support they deserve.

We also recently released an updated version of our mobile app which will help you submit availability and quickly get matched with new shifts. Thank you for working with us and we hope you try Favorite Healthcare Staffing again soon!

Flexible schedule
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2018
You pick your own days and times to work. You can take off days if needed with no repercussions. Friendly people to work for and with. The hardest part of the job is going to different facilities and not knowing routine, people and then being put on the hardest people to take care of with little or no help.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not always work available
June 27, 2018

We are happy to hear that you're enjoying Favorite's flexible work opportunities and love working with our fantastic group of recruiters. Thanks for being part of the Favorite Family!

Over all environment
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 21, 2018
They expected way to much from the beginning! They train you but don’t want you to ask questions and if you don’t get it all after 3-4 weeks they fire you with out cause and out of the blue ! They only talk over email and you sit at a desk all day ! Not the best environment .... the department I was in anyway
June 25, 2018

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and am sorry you were not satisfied with your experience with us. We make every attempt to create a work environment that is open and transparent and strive to make Favorite a place where our employees can learn and grow. We wish you great success in your future endeavors.

company left delaware
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 18, 2018
The company had a lot of work but then the manager left to go to another site, the new manager didn't give her all and it fell apart and eventually closed the Delaware office.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
new managment
June 22, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review. We do have many opportunities throughout the Northeast and have branch offices in New Jersey and Maryland. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to further explore opportunities!

great place to working
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 14, 2018
Went to different hospitals and Nursing homes caring for patients. Personal care and oral care. Feeding the patients and walking the patients Bathroom
Pros
great place
Cons
no insurance
June 21, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your contributions to Favorite!

Lpn
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 12, 2018
The staff have kept me continually working. I have had long term contracts and perfume jobs. The promote new jobs based on past jobs. My employment as been invaluable .
June 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to hear you have enjoyed working with us. Our staff consists of some of the most hard-working people. Thanks for being a part of the Favorite Family!

Favorite Healthcare Staffing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
This is a healthcare staffing agency that staffs in hospitals, long-term care facilities, schools, physician offices etc. Contracts & PRN work avaliable.
Pros
Ability to make own schedule
Cons
Work is not guaranteed

Want to know more about Favorite Healthcare Staffing?

Ask a question
Worked as a travel nurse
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 11, 2018
I worked as a travel nurse in the hospital setting in a variety of areas. Contracts ranged from 4-13 weeks with opportunities to extend. Hours varied from days to night shifts. The communication amongst the travel department is poor, leading to frustration and incomplete paper work requirements. I did not have a lot of confidence with the recruiters because the information I was given was very inconsistent from each person I spoke to in the department.
Pros
Good travel opportunities
Cons
poor communication amongst the recruiters
June 21, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the travel opportunities Favorite provides. We are constantly improving our processes and appreciate your honest feedback. Thanks for being part of the Favorite Family!

Produtive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 11, 2018
I enjoy working for this company because of the flexible hours and willing to work with the staff. They are also emphatic when something happen. Great company.
June 21, 2018

Thank you so much - but more importantly, thank you for choosing Favorite! We'll do everything we can to continue living up to your expectations and your level of satisfaction!

Great Firm
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 4, 2018
- Diverse work settings.
- Favorable contract terms.
- Excellent iOS Company app.
- Great support staff and engaging team.
- Supportive staff; engaging
Pros
Supportive Organization, work flexibility, opportunities
Cons
Na
June 21, 2018

We are happy to hear that you took advantage of our our convenient mobile scheduling app to quickly get matched with new shifts that work for you. Thank you for the kind words and for representing the Favorite Family!

Staff very cooperative
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 27, 2018
Staffing worked hard for placement. Some companies had employees that were not willing to work with staff agencies, gave us bad ratings so we couldn't work there. Learned to be able to go anywhere and complete job duties quickly.
Pros
automatic check deposit every week, able to pick hours and what job you wanted
Cons
no insrance
Agency
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 22, 2018
I worked at several different styles of nursing. I got to work in occupational health, school nursing, Community health, company health checks. I’ve got to learn a lot of different branches of nursing.
Pros
Different styles of nursing
Cons
Sometimes not a steady work
June 21, 2018

Thank you for the kind words!. We are glad you were able to gain experience in multiple styles of nursing and are happy to have you represent Favorite!

Great agency to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILMay 22, 2018
You are able to choose whom you schedule with and the pay you desire. The staff are great when you call to ask questions! The have the best long term facilities to work at where the other staff are friendly and helpful.
Pros
wages, make your own schedule
Cons
usually only able to work 36 hours a week with little OT
Working environment
Traveling Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILMay 18, 2018
Favorite never kept track of you. When inquiring to salary increases, answers were always market driven. In other words, recruiter was not interested in given an increase in salary.
Pros
Flexibility in job assignments
Cons
Away from home.
Unknown
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2018
The experience that I had as an employee at Favorite Healthcare Staffing was very heartfelt and knowledgeable. The required work schedule is a minimal of 12 hours per day 7 days a week. I did not have an issue with my schedule. I am very humble to have the opportunity to be a servant. One of my main concerns was management. However, the overall work experience was a growing and humble experience.
Pros
A humble experience
Cons
Supportive, informative, personal attention to employees, rewarded skills and position, available
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nation wideApril 23, 2018
Supportive of nurses and give personal attention. Rewarding and provided good working conditions. They knew their leadership people and communicated as advocate for nurses. Some job site proved to be a challenge and Favorite accommodated by offering other choices to continue to provide the hours desired to get a full week of work in. Flexibility and allowed to work in all skill sets to keep up nursing skills.
Pros
personal attention
Cons
Not always able to place, small staffing office
Agency RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2018
I like Favorites Staffing. When my other job cancels me, I can count on Favorites to find me a shift. Their shifts are with places I enjoy going to also.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Not guaranteed hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Favorite Healthcare Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.