Favorite Healthcare Staffing Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace.
Senior Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 22, 2019
Favorite Healthcare Staffing is a privately held company and feels like a family. The environment is positive and a fun place to work. you are rewarded for your hard work.
Pros
Contest and gifts for different challenges.
Cons
Pay raises are not that great.
January 28, 2019

Favorite prides itself in its company culture and family feel. Thanks for leaving a review and suggestions on how we can improve. Feedback like yours is always important to us!

Flexible place to work
Agency LPN (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYDecember 12, 2018
Flexible work schedule, various locations to work, great compensation and offers retirement plans. Easy scheduling, create your own schedule. Professional team to work with and small local office.
Pros
weekly pay, direct deposit, referral bonus, competitive pay rates
Cons
Cancels and Doesnt have alot of contracts
December 17, 2018

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy our competitive compensation, mobile app scheduling and flexibility. Thanks for your feedback and for being a part of the Favorite Family!

They do not look out for their RNs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2018
Great initial Contract with this company, but the pay is low, and benefits are few. After completing my assignment and actually was able to get an extension at my assigned contract, the company dropped the ball on securing a follow-up assignment, leaving me without employment for 2 months. This may be ok for "per diem", but if you are looking for a company who takes ownership and cares about the well being of their nurses, this is not the company. Very sad culmination to an initial great RN assignment.
Pros
contract location
Cons
Benefits, not committed to their Nurses
January 7, 2019

I'm sorry you were not satisfied with your experience with us. I can guarantee you that we are constantly improving our processes to give our employees the best experience possible. We hope you work with us again soon! We're always adding new assignments in top-rated facilities.

CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 1, 2018
This company will work you if your serious and the benefits and so sweet because you get paid weekly. I work when I want too they also offer medical insurance as well.
Pros
Cancellation
Cons
Weekly pay
September 4, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the fantastic benefits we offer. Thanks for choosing Favorite!

Difficult App
RN (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 12, 2018
Favorite has a reputation for being a tough agency to work with.
Their timekeeping app is challenging and error occur in payroll which they will make you responsible for. I do not recommend them for travel, perhaps per diem work locally, but does not have the sophistication, support, or clinical expertise to manage problems that come up on assignments.

I would not recommend nurses to start with Favorite.
Salaries tend to be lower than competing agencies with the same jobs/clients. Will not go to bat for you. Probably similar to most placement agencies, but definitely not the gold standard for travel companies.
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Payroll, Benefits
July 13, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Favorite has worked with thousands of employees across the US since 1981, helping them find success in their per diem, contract, travel and permanent placement efforts. We are available 24/7 thanks to our fantastic National Operations Center. They work tirelessly to make sure we are always able to assist our healthcare professionals and give them the support they deserve.

We also recently released an updated version of our mobile app which will help you submit availability and quickly get matched with new shifts. Thank you for working with us and we hope you try Favorite Healthcare Staffing again soon!

Working environment
Traveling Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILMay 18, 2018
Favorite never kept track of you. When inquiring to salary increases, answers were always market driven. In other words, recruiter was not interested in given an increase in salary.
Pros
Flexibility in job assignments
Cons
Away from home.
Very Good Company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairview Hts, ILJanuary 3, 2019
Go to facilities as needed to fill in for work. The workplace culture is very educational and beneficial for my current nursing venture. Now I am ready to move into the Education field and experience. This is what I went to school for.
January 7, 2019

We are thrilled to hear you're loving the facilities you're placed in. Thanks for all of your hard work!

Long hours with no management support
Teacher (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 30, 2019
I loved the work that I was doing with this company and I met some fantastic people. Unfortunately, I was thrown into a group of teachers that did not welcome me. I made a lot of wonderful friends outside of the teaching clique as a result. I was shocked at how poorly equiped the facility was for teaching. There were no chalkboards, minimal materials and classes between 50 and 200 students. The kids were awesome and the direct care workers that I had contact with were wonderful.

The hours were ridiculous. We had to be at the bus at 4:50 AM and did not arrive back until 8:30 PM. We were expected to work 21 days straight without a break, which was a recipe for burnout. The pay was excellent considering all of the overtime we were putting into the job. It was unnecessary to operate that way. And you never knew if you were going to work each day or have a day off.

I was fired unexpectedly and with little explanation after a week. When I asked for all of the paperwork I had signed at the orientation, there was no response from the company.

The unprofessionalism of this company is appalling.
Pros
Wonderful students, interesting coworkers
Cons
Unprofessional operation, ridiculous hours
agency staffing
CNA II (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 19, 2018
Favorites is a place to work when you must control your schedule but by no means would you base your living off of favorites salary or hours offered. its agency staffing.
productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 15, 2018
I enjoyed the time I was working for this agency, I learned a lot, and met a lot of great people, they really take the time to look for a great job that meets your needs.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
No benefits due to temp agency
amazing company to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 10, 2018
good company to work for, always replies when you need answers. Always touch base and keeps us informed, and making sure you work the days you wants and place you want
Pros
make your own schedule, paid breaks, good pay
Cons
always a different facility to work for
November 12, 2018

We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed working for Favorite! We think our recruiters are pretty great too. Thank you for your hard work and for being part of the Favorite Family!

From cna to lpn
LPN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 10, 2018
I've worked for this company since 2005 as a CNA after receiving my LPN and with a years experience I was able to transition to work as an LPN for the company and still love it the name. They work with their employees and offer a benefit package if you take on a contract they also help you find direct hire and temp-perm with certain companies.
Pros
ability to make own schedule and pick and use where you do and don't want to work
Cons
no room for advancement, lots of last minute cancelations
October 12, 2018

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy our wonderful benefits and recruiters who go above and beyond for our employees! We appreciate your many years of working with us!

Good Place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 21, 2018
Favorite is an excellent place to work they work with your schedule and you can work as many hours as you want or as less hours as you want. They also send you to great facilities that are happy to have you. They are also one of the highest paid staffing agencies.
Pros
you get money for every referral
Cons
no benefits
You can schedule you own days
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYNovember 29, 2018
Pay is good, the ability to make your own schedule. They offer ZERO training, No CPR classes, No TB testing. No mileage for long distance assignments, or toll reimbursement. They never answer their phones at the local office. The Corporate Office does not seem to care what happens at local offices.
Pros
Pay & Schedule
Cons
Local Managers TERRIBLE & Dishonest
November 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for any negative experiences you've had. Feedback like yours is especially helpful for improving the experiences of healthcare professionals and streamlining our company. Thank you for working with us!

Thank you for the opportunity to work there
Primary Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Tornillo, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Thank you for the opportunity to work there. Enjoyed my working situation. Treating the patients was a unique opportunity and the experience obtained is unremarkable.
February 5, 2019

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We're happy to hear you had a positive experience.

Nice Pay
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2018
This is a decent company to work with, but there really isn't a lot of local assignments. Most of the assignments, you'll have to drive anywhere from 50 up to 100 miles or more to get there. They don't tell you this when you sign up, you are just told there is work, but not how far everything is. There seem to be very few assignments that are 30/40 miles or less. I grab shifts whenever something reasonably close pops up in their app.

As another reviewer stated, you can't really depend on the hours because yes there are cancellations. This is really for when you may want to pick up an extra shift or two from time to time, so you need to work another job to have more consistent hours.
Pros
Nice Pay
Cons
Have to drive too far for assignments
December 17, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review! We're happy to hear that you enjoy the convenience of our mobile app to choose your shifts. Open communication and transparency is important to us so we appreciate your feedback and are constantly working to perfect our processes. Thanks for your contributions to Favorite!

on call
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 27, 2018
It was a more so on call, sometimes you will know your days depending on how the work flow is going. It can be a drag. You can go to anywhere in tri county area depending on where you live.
January 7, 2019

One of the great things about Favorite is the opportunities we have in a wide range of locations. Thanks for your review and for being part of Favorite!

a great company to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 9, 2019
I am more than flexible at my work that it fit my schedule everyday. I am so glad that I found the company when I am looking for a flexible no attachment job.
Pros
25% off discounted phone when you join sprint
Cons
no christmas gift for thank you job employee
January 10, 2019

Thank you for choosing Favorite! It's great to hear that you enjoy the flexibility and convenience of our assignments.

A challenging and fun work place environment.
Direct Care Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Conduct safety and quality control for *UAC's.
Provide a healthy and stable night time environment.
Critical census on *UAC's.
Engaging with UAC's in activites and studies.
Pros
Excellent pay, free lunch
Cons
Health Insurance is only benefit covered.
favorite
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Great agency, weekly pay, the app to clock in and out, I always recommended people to work for this agency, you need to have a year experience with the facility that I HAVE SEEN.
January 28, 2019

Thanks for the awesome review! We are thrilled that you enjoy Favorite so much that you're recommending our agency to friends. Don't forget to take advantage of our referral bonus program which can be found on our website!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Favorite Healthcare Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.