Favorite Healthcare Staffing Employee Reviews

Nice Pay
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2018
This is a decent company to work with, but there really isn't a lot of local assignments. Most of the assignments, you'll have to drive anywhere from 50 up to 100 miles or more to get there. They don't tell you this when you sign up, you are just told there is work, but not how far everything is. There seem to be very few assignments that are 30/40 miles or less. I grab shifts whenever something reasonably close pops up in their app.

As another reviewer stated, you can't really depend on the hours because yes there are cancellations. This is really for when you may want to pick up an extra shift or two from time to time, so you need to work another job to have more consistent hours.
Pros
Nice Pay
Cons
Have to drive too far for assignments
Your Co-workers are family
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 30, 2018
This is a very close knit environment. You're supported and encouraged and celebrated. I also love how we reach out to our communities and believe in being of service.
December 3, 2018

Thank you for the great review! At Favorite, we really are a family and giving back to our community is extremely important to us. Thanks for all you do!

You can schedule you own days
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYNovember 29, 2018
Pay is good, the ability to make your own schedule. They offer ZERO training, No CPR classes, No TB testing. No mileage for long distance assignments, or toll reimbursement. They never answer their phones at the local office. The Corporate Office does not seem to care what happens at local offices.
Pros
Pay & Schedule
Cons
Local Managers TERRIBLE & Dishonest
November 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for any negative experiences you've had. Feedback like yours is especially helpful for improving the experiences of healthcare professionals and streamlining our company. Thank you for working with us!

Horrible office recruiter
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2018
I like the office in Chicago but this one in Indianapolis is not professional at times and try to intermediate you to take assignments. They also cancel you a lot and get an attitude when you have to cancel a shift. Most facilities you are sent to NEVER sign up for more than one shift because they will try to intimidate you if you want to cancel future shifts due to the facility not being safe or adequatelay staffed.
November 13, 2018

I am sorry you were not satisfied with your experience with us. Due to the nature of contract and per diem work, unexpected cancellations can happen. However, we truly do everything we can to ensure we have the most up-to-date information from facilities. We appreciate your contributions to Favorite.

amazing company to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 10, 2018
good company to work for, always replies when you need answers. Always touch base and keeps us informed, and making sure you work the days you wants and place you want
Pros
make your own schedule, paid breaks, good pay
Cons
always a different facility to work for
November 12, 2018

We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed working for Favorite! We think our recruiters are pretty great too. Thank you for your hard work and for being part of the Favorite Family!

Great place to work.
Certified Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSOctober 27, 2018
I would prepare the medications to give the residents, assist the certified nursing assistants when needed. I learned you can never be to careful when it involves medicine. I really enjoyed the staff. I enjoyed my time at Favorite very much. I felt they had a good balance of concern for the company, employer and the employee.
October 30, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! Favorite prides itself in customer service and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks for being part of the Favorite Family!

Great flexibility
Registered Nurse-Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 19, 2018
When you need flexibility because of being a busy mom of children that have busy schedules in school due to sports and clubs, this is the job for you! Favorite Healthcare Staffing allows you to make your own schedule and you even end up getting paid more money than you would have if you worked directly for a specific company!
If you are single without a family and enjoy traveling around the world, this is the job for you!! Favorite Healthcare Staffing is willing to send you to different states to pick up work in different departments (emergency room, operating room, psychiatric facility, etc) and pay you for traveling as well!

If you aren’t sure if this job is for you, give it a try!
Pros
Flexibility, autonomy, ability to travel, learn new skills, meet new people, make a lot more money!
Cons
Have to be ready to work with people you don’t know, fast paced work, must enjoy driving/traveling
October 22, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoy the flexibility, travel and other perks Favorite provides for our employees. We appreciate your hard work!

From cna to lpn
LPN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 10, 2018
I've worked for this company since 2005 as a CNA after receiving my LPN and with a years experience I was able to transition to work as an LPN for the company and still love it the name. They work with their employees and offer a benefit package if you take on a contract they also help you find direct hire and temp-perm with certain companies.
Pros
ability to make own schedule and pick and use where you do and don't want to work
Cons
no room for advancement, lots of last minute cancelations
October 12, 2018

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy our wonderful benefits and recruiters who go above and beyond for our employees! We appreciate your many years of working with us!

Easy to work for
Certified surgical technician (Former Employee) –  Park Nicollet hospitalOctober 10, 2018
Loved working with them. Allow flexability of time and travel. Great pay and eady staff to work. Enjoyed the assigments i got and diffrent places i worked. Worked six contrascts with them
Pros
Feedon to travel
Cons
Contracts need to ne longer
October 11, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving a review! We are happy you enjoyed our flexible assignments and hard-working staff!

many great opportunities to grow and learn
CPD Technician (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 5, 2018
Great staffing agency with a great team and many jobs available for those willing to be flexible. Broad range of jobs in the medical field and convience of locations.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not for those who want stability
October 8, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the numerous healthcare opportunities Favorite is able to provide. Thank you for choosing Favorite!

fast paced productive company
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2018
The company is fast paced and productive. The only fall back is that the work is not steady. Mostly contract/temporary work. If the contracts were steady I personally would never leave them.
September 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Unfortunately, due to the nature of contract work, unexpected cancellations can happen. Hopefully, you are able to utilize our new mobile scheduling app to submit your availability and quickly get matched with new shifts that work for you. Thank you for working with us!

Great place for work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTSeptember 18, 2018
I honestly didn't mind working here, my only reason for leaving is I need Home care work just because of my kids schedules. I have no complaints there's no no limit to how many hours you put in.
September 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed working for us. We wish you great success in your future endeavors!

Fitting assignments
CMA (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2018
Favorite Healthcare staff always did their best to make the best matches for me on assignments. They were courteous and caring. I enjoyed working - with them.
September 10, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review. Our recruiters truly care about finding the perfect assignments for you and are always on your side!

CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 1, 2018
This company will work you if your serious and the benefits and so sweet because you get paid weekly. I work when I want too they also offer medical insurance as well.
Pros
Cancellation
Cons
Weekly pay
September 4, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the fantastic benefits we offer. Thanks for choosing Favorite!

na
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2018
This is a travel nursing company. The staff is very nice and professional, they test your skills and prepare you for your travel assignments. Compesation is fair and they help with housing.
September 4, 2018

Thank you for the review! We are thrilled to hear you are as satisfied as we hope all our employees are. Our travel recruiters are fantastic and are always there to help.

Very fast-paced
Medical Coding/CAN - PRN - Multiple Hospitals (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2018
There is not a lot of training, you hit the ground running. But I love it because it is challenging and you are self managed which means you have to have self discipline.
August 22, 2018

Thanks for leaving a review. We are happy to have you in the Favorite Family!

Great Company to Work For - Management Not So Much
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 13, 2018
Always be the favorite and never get on anyone that you report to bad side or things can quickly go south for you. The pace and fast and once you get the swing of things and learn the ins and outs to get the bonuses you then see why everyone is so cut throat about making they points.
Pros
Short hours and good pay
Cons
Job feels like it's always in jeopardy
August 14, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. We make every attempt to stay at the cutting edge of the industry, but not at the expense of changing too fast to consider and appreciate our employees. Thank you for your contributions to Favorite!

Nursing Assistant
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 8, 2018
Favorite Healthcare Staffing is an excellent company to work for whether you are an experienced healthcare worker or a new graduate! The pay is great and each opportunity is a learning experience to grow with. The staff is always ready to assist and reach out to their employees and clients. I highly recommend Favorite Healthcare Staffing to anyone who is ready and serious about progressing in healthcare or just trying to build a career path. Favorite is located in the heart of the busy Downtown Boston Fincial District with many job opportunities that are MBTA accessible and opportunities on the out skirts of the city!!
August 9, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! Company culture is a huge focus for us, and we strive every day to make it even better. Thank you for your review, and thank you for being part of the Favorite Family!

Family Environment
Payroll Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 1, 2018
The environment alone is unlike anything out there. This is an amazing company to work for overall. The leadership is topnotch and genuinely cares about their employees.
Pros
You are able to be yourself.
Cons
Few bad apples
August 2, 2018

Thank you for the kind words. We genuinely care about each and every one of our employees. Thanks for being a part of Favorite!

Love to travel to different facilities and may start to go different states very adventurous
CNA/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Currently in NC and former NJJuly 20, 2018
I like the fact that I make my own schedule and work where I please and hard as I please. It is a very good job if you like to work at your own pace. The Management is very understanding and helpful. I would like to thank all of the management from NJ to NC. You pick your own life the way you want it and Favorite helps you do that. Love Favorite been with them since 2010
Pros
Feel like part of the team
Cons
Not one company is perfect.
July 31, 2018

Thanks for the great review! We can't say how much we appreciate your many years as part of the Favorite Family. Please never hesitate to share thoughts for improvements - we have no greater assets than our employees!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Favorite Healthcare Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.