Fawcett Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Ignores patient needs, strictly a business.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJuly 13, 2018
Immediate management wonderful, however the 'board' looked too deeply at the hospital for monetary, not patient satisfaction. Nurses cut, ancillary staff cut to make a few bucks. Placed indescribable stress on the rest of the staff, but that doesn't seem too important.
Benefits
Cons
For-profit hospital. Enough said.
Upper Management very demeaning
Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 8, 2018
The unit I worked on was fabulous. Director I worked with was very professional, and easy to get along with. The employees were excellent. CNO was not supportive, very demeaning, and insulting.
Pros
Good work environment on the unit
Cons
Upper management, lack of job security
Not a healthy place to work.
Charge Nurse, I.C.U., Nights (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLApril 14, 2018
It made you feel like an indentured servant. Some would wrongfully cut your throat rather than to tell the truth or help make situations better. Management was the same. There were some that really needed psych. assistance.
Pros
Some of the best co-workers you could ever hope to have.
Cons
Poor management skills of the administration staff.
Very close-knit team and personable. Professionalism was very high!
Unit Secretary in the Department of Surgical (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLFebruary 23, 2018
Enjoyed working in Surgical/Orthopedic/Rehabilitation. Loved patients -they were funny! Enjoyed input of MD’s patient’s order in system. Pleasant!!
Pros
Enjoyed atmosphere.
Cons
Sometimes no time for lunch.
Stressful but great co workers
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FL 33954January 24, 2018
Fast paced, stressful environment. Majority of Coworkers are helpful. Some front line managers lack maturity, experience, and people skills. Communication could be better.
Very overall unhappy staff, no support from management at all levels.
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 23, 2018
Was understaffed, with unrealistic assignments and expectations from upper management. supervisor got absolutely no support from HCA or any administrators. supportive staff in CM dept., but no cooperation from nursing with any other department.
Pros
Excellent staff in CM dept, just no support from upper management.
Cons
Very negative environment in the entire nursing dept.
Great work culture, Enjoyed working, very team orientated, personally pay wasn't high enough
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Wonderful work Culture, I enjoyed going to work everyday. I knew that even if I was floated to a different unit that day they treated me fair. The whole hospital had a very family like atmosphere. Yes it was VERY quick pace (I worked Cardiac Unit) but even in the midst of the responsibility and time-crunch to get everything done on time, I still felt peace and joy working there. The other CNAs were fair in spliting assignments and I can easily ask any of the CNAs and even Nurses to help during a 2 person bath and they would WITHOUT grumbling (for the most part).
Pros
work environment, coworkers, leadership
Cons
organization, and pay
Fawcett is a good starting point to learn how the medical side works with insurances.
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 1, 2018
Fawcett Memorial Hospital was a great place to learn the medical side of things. The typical days were very busy and demanding. I learned a lot at Fawcett, like how insurances work and what is considered emergent and not. I also learned how to deal with difficult patients. Management was okay they are supper busy 24/7. The work place was very friendly for the most part everyone seemed to know your name even if you didn't work in that part of the hospital. I was like one big family. The hardest part of my job was collecting money from uninsured patients. The stressful part was working in the ER and expected to do everything with just two people. I most enjoyable part of my job was working with the billing department. This is were I learned most about how much the insurance covers and how to calculate the patients portion. I loved helping people with billing complaint to either educate them on why the bill is that high or find and fix the mistake that was made on the bill.
Pros
pays for school.
Cons
only 3 sick days a year. only 2% raise
Understaffed. Management tries to help but they have no resources.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLDecember 12, 2017
CNO tried to make it better by buying us pizza. What we need are more nurses and aides. Worry about our licenses as we barely got to be nurses like we went to school for.
Time management
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLNovember 30, 2017
I liked that I had my own space to clean. it kept me on my toes and I knew what all I had left to get down within the time frame. The hardest part of my job was time of day
lousy hospital,no help.understaffed. small community hospital.cannot remember my supervisors there.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLNovember 28, 2017
small hospital, large tele/ medical floor. no help. will admit as long as ther is a bed, even if there is no nurse. just keep on piling on.it has been awhile. in retrospect i should have left the hospital in search of a better job as soon as possible.
Pros
work
Cons
what can i say.poor management, understaffed, poor pay
Not where I recommend working
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLNovember 14, 2017
Okay hospital, but after seeing how things really work and are run, I would not recommend. Workers are miserable and there's never enough help because no one wants to continue working there.
staff nurse same day surgery
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLSeptember 6, 2017
prepared patients for surgery and recovered post surgical patients
prioritizing
management was good
workplace was had clicks amongst nurses
fast pace was hardest but only if surgeries were running late
most enjoyable was the fast pace made day go faster
Pros
fast pace
Cons
was temp job
Great place to work, outstanding administrative team, loved the job and the people.
Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 29, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Although stressful at times, management team was absolutely wonderful, helpful and very caring in every aspect of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was not only our team, but seeing the patients on our unit get stronger and healthier everyday!!
Pros
Great team, excellent management team, very rewarding
Cons
it was fast paced but overall good way of learning about the medical field.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJuly 27, 2017
The job at first is a little challenging if you have zero experience. However, it is a good feeling you have knowing you are doing something important to help a patient with out having direct contact with them.
Pros
It openned doors to get certifications, medical training and get scholarships to go to school.
Cons
Understaffed the work is cut-throat, fast paced and stressful.
Might want to pass on this one
patient care (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJuly 5, 2017
In my tenure at fawcett I experienced a bullying culture with a tyrant manager. Punitive hostile backstabbing culture. Management (males)also shows a lot of sexism towards women and favors men. I have never seen or experienced abuse such as this. I do not recommend a this hospital. There are other opportunities. Move on, you will thank me.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Management top heavy. Punitive hostile environment
Great team work in the ICU
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 28, 2017
Only reason I left was to go back to school for my ARNP. They worked with me. I was able to go part time and then PRN to accommodate my school schedule.
Pros
Accomodated hectic school schedule.
Cons
Not much time for lunch
Productive place for growth
Same Day Surgery RN (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 15, 2017
A great place to work. It feels like a family away from home. I've worked there for over 6 years and I thoroughly enjoy working with the staff. My supervisor is amazing!
Fair Job
Staff RN, Relief Charge Nurse, CPOE Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 14, 2017
Probably the best hospital in our area. Busy hospital with a lot of very smart staff members. Very fast paced and busy, sometimes too heavy of patient loads, but still not as bad as others I've heard of.
Pros
Decent/fair pay
Cons
Holiday pay was not that great
staffing
RN (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 8, 2017
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is understaffed. Staff does not stay very long. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients. It's nice to make a difference.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fawcett Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Fawcett Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location