Fay Servicing, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
this was not a ideal position
Loss Mitigation Underwriting Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 16, 2018
This company promised a salary of 11.00 an hour and a monthly bonus of 6500, which I never ever received. You get paid 7.00 for taking a payment, but you are deducted 150.00 if your accounts did not make a payment for the month and then another 150.00 the following month.
Pros
none, for management only
Cons
No cons just call to get payments.
Need Better Business Practices
Document / Collateral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 18, 2018
Although this is a fairly new company (around 8-9 years old) they lack the best practices needed for a thriving company to survive. No training and things seem to always be in influx. For a company that is growing they don't seem to understand the principle of making sure their employees have all the necessary tools to be a successful company. Although they will feed you (free lunch at the end of the month) I'd rather have them invest that money in higher salaries and better training.

The company could be a great company if they would move into the 21st century as it pertains to HR practices and knowing what it takes to grow a successful team.
Pros
free lunch at the end of the month
Cons
healthcare, salaries, HR practices
Great Work Life Balance Company
Foreclosure Paralegal - Default Department (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
Fay has great management and is a fantastic company on a whole. The CEO is very personable with employees regardless of their title. The company and department outings were always First Class and also allowed me to strengthen my relationships with superiors.
N/a
Account Manager, Hedge Fund Group (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2018
Good people. Sub-par company culture. Compensation plans constantly changing. House takes it. I wasn't happy with management and how they pick and choose favorites.
Productive and relaxed work environment
Special Loans Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2018
It was a cubicle desk job. Would come in everyday check my inbox for email and respond accordingly. Everyone is friendly, good work environment. Every end of month we received a free meal company wide.
Relaxed and friendly staff
Document Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2018
Very relaxed environment, none of the managers micromanage. You act like an adult, you get treated like an adult.There are many friendly people here that you can turn to ask form help.
Tricked
Foreclosure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2018
I was recruited for this company while working for another company. I was promised better pay, plus overtime and bonuses. I did receive a slightly higher compensation; however, there was no available overtime and the bonus system was cut within two months of my working there. The benefits are all there but extremely expensive. I am paying double now for healthcare for just myself compared to what I previous paid for both myself and my husband. They do not match 401k contributions - there is a $500 max match per year. And the vacation is 2 weeks with no opportunity for more until year 5. I may be making slightly more per hour than my previous position, but after benefits and 401k are taken out, my take home paychecks are significantly less than my previous job. Wish I would've stayed where I was and I am very resentful about being tricked into switching to this small company. Like others have said, there is a free lunch every month but I wish they'd take the money for lunch and put it into the fund for employee benefits.
Pros
Lunch once a month
Cons
Terrible benefits that are extremely expensive
Fay
Internal Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2017
Great company to work for. Compensation could be better. Some management need better guidance. I love the free gym memberships and end of the month lunches.
Pros
Free Gym, Lunches
Cons
Managment
Terrible Leadership
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2017
Things may have changed since I was there, but management consistently used their employees as "scape goats" for issues gone awry as well as terrible pay and weak healthcare. Great team members, though.
Stressful and no money
Mortgage Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
The comp plan is set for you to fail. They actually take money away from you so you really have no control over your money. Management is awful and doesn't follow policy. the people working here are great personally. HR is also very disorganized. a lot of turn over. Many promises of money or promotion and growth but have yet to seen it. in the years I have been here I have only seen two people get promoted.
Looking for growth?
Account Management (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 11, 2017
Fay Servicing is moving quickly. As with any thriving business there are growing pains and in this case, there are more good than bad. They are poised for significant growth in the coming years.
Nice Company but small pay
Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 5, 2017
This is a nice company to work for because the owner cares about his employees but the salary is low and the vacation and sick days are horrible. The management is not the best. They hire supervisors who doesn't know their job which makes it hard to train the employees because some managers are unaware of their jobs.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, soda machine in the office
Cons
no sick days only pto days for both sick and vacation, low pay scale
Abusive Management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 11, 2017
After hearing the CEO drop the f bomb while discussing corrective action for poor performance it became clear that this why management treats employees with little respect, it starts at the top. So bummed out
great company poor managment
Foreclosure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2017
If Ed Fay would listen to the employees and management at times he could have a 5-star company. When the company was young t was one of the best places to work in Chicago now with management that does not listen t the employees it's falling into the same routine as every other common company.
Pros
co workers are great and help each other out
Cons
Poor managment, the pay is not far and human resource is a waste
Terrible workplace
Processor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 23, 2017
When I first started at the company I was excited and it was a pleasant place to work. Almost a year with the company things started going downhill. Management was poor and their work experience that was claimed to have was a lie. Management had no sense of directions which made it hard for the employees to work under uncertainty conditions. Also management doesn't listen to their employees, and they second guess them even when they are unsure of the answer (management has no guidance or directive). Management likes to implement rules but will not lead by example, the mentality given from management is do as I say not as I do. Management does provide any ways to to succeed or advance with the company, and there is alot of favoritism with certain employees. If you are not apart of the favorite crew then you will receive alot of negative sarcasm and backlash.
Pros
Cons
Lack of knowledge, respect, poor salary, poor management
No thanks
Sr. Foreclosure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 1, 2017
Not a positive culture for individual growth and advancement. Leadership is demeaning and not developmentally focused.
Pros
peers
Cons
management
Job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2015
Good small company. Compensation package needs to be improved from hourly pay to the monthly commission bonus. Otherwise a very good place to work. Ability to be promoted to management was not really there during my time at the company.
Pros
Small company
Cons
Compensation
Great Chicago based company to work for!
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2015
Great work environment and a company that cares about its employees best interests. Also great room for advancements in your career.
Fun
Project Manager/Production Support (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2015
Fun culture, low pay, great management, decent benefits, awesome co-workers

Stay busy most of the time, wish there was more work in the day to stay busy
Pros
free lunches, great atmosphere
Cons
low pay, not enough direct mangement
N/a
Vice President of Servicing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2015
Fay Servicing is a fun and fast pace work environment. Change is constant as in any company that grows quickly. The company cares about their employees and their individual growth and development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fay Servicing, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Fay Servicing, LLC Reviews by Location