Fayette County Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Horrible Leadership in the Laboratory
MLT Generalist (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHApril 13, 2018
The director of the lab is an awful woman. She's only out for herself and doesn't care about anyone else. She plays favorites and will stab someone in the back before she'll have your back! I don't recommend working for her!
Find Somewhere Else To Work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousApril 5, 2018
Terrible senior management. They act like they care but when it comes down to it they really don't. Only care about themselves. Incredibly stressful environment that is poorly setup. Have flown by the seat of their pants for way too long. Always begging people for money. Ask employees to donate vacation time among other things to the "FCMH Foundation." Not sure who else does that and wonder where it really goes. Would probably be out of business if they weren't non-profit and always "borrowing" money from the County Commissioners' office.
Pros
Good pay if you're a local
Cons
Read review
Decent, but could be a lot better.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHMarch 13, 2018
A decent job, especially for it's location. However, there is a stark lack of career support to staff members as well as some inter-staff squabbling, often leading to an off-putting culture.
Good Crew, Typical Rural Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHFebruary 11, 2018
Nurse to patient ratio can at times be high for the acuity of the patients accepted.

Some drama between staff that can be exhausting.

Overall the experience you'd expect for a small town hospital.
Clique staff alienate new people
Professional (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHJanuary 18, 2018
Hard work, commitment and dedication to improvement didn't matter as some staff preferred mediocrity over excellence and often threw immature temper tantrums. Senior management was not engaged or supportive, often inconsistent in behavior and prone to mood swings which created a situation where failure was ensured. Fayette should become part of a large organization so that their position in the community is assured. The community has a great need for this organization but the current leadership team won't be successful in ensuring the organizations survival.
Pros
Some great people
Cons
Senior leadership
Quite stressful
Mid level provider (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 13, 2018
Stressful place of employment. Very poor leadership from administration, down. No room for advancement. High employee turnover rate and many dissatisfied employees.
Pros
Good benefits
fast paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington Courthouse ohioJuly 15, 2017
The emergency room is very small and it seemed like the hospital had only planned on discussing what they would like to do to expand it rather than actually doing something.
A Great Experience All Around
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHJuly 3, 2017
This was a requirement following my phlebotomy classes at The Ohio School of Phlebotomy. This internship was absolutely fantastic. This was a 40 hour week, time flies when you are having fun. I loved the friendly environment and everybody who helped further my education.
Pros
Friendly co-workers/lifelong benefits
Cons
N/a
ok if you need a job
patient access/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHJune 15, 2017
Like some of the people I worked with. Wages not up to date. Equipment out of date. Management ask all the time what they can do to make it better but nothing ever changes.
Unprofessional
Admit Clerk/Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHApril 25, 2017
A lot of times you would have to work overtime due to them being short staffed. They didn't value their employees or stand behind them. You weren't allowed to take any sort of break and didn't have anywhere to store food or drinks. Their equipment is very outdated and working environment was dirty.
Pros
Loved the people and the job itself just not the organization.
Cons
No break. Very unprofessional
Hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHJuly 2, 2016
I really liked working at the hospital. The people were very friendly and the lady that showed me how to do all the right things to do in being a phlebotomist. The director of the program was not very friendly at all. But all the other ones that I worked with there for my clinical's was very friendly.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
Director was rude.
medical technologist (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHNovember 4, 2015
Great environment with wonderful coworkers. A typical work day is very fast paced and challenging. Very supportive and helpful management.
Don't expect to be appreciated.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington Courthouse OhioSeptember 17, 2015
There are no yearly raises, they work you late every night but make you leave early on Fri because there's no overtime allowed. Fayette is bankrupt so OSU is bailing them out and slowly but surely bringing their own people in and getting rid of employees that have been there for a long time. The End.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Lucky to get a lunch, work late every night, catty work environment.
Vice President
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Washington Court House, OhioJanuary 26, 2015
The position covered many areas and hospital departments. Departments included Multi Specialty Physician Practice, County EMS, Radiology, Pharmacy etc..The position also help with Physician contracting and general operations.
Productive fast paced
STNA (Current Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHJanuary 7, 2015
It is a fast paced environment that keeps me busy and on my toes which I enjoy, I like the one on one care that I get to provide. There is job security in healthcare,
Pros
job security
Fayette County Memorial Hospital
Crystal Reports Developer/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHDecember 4, 2014
The role of Crystal Reports Developer has been a great challenge for me. I enjoyed the growth opportunities to expand my knowledge in the IT field.

I found my role to be very rewarding knowing that the data I presented could change things.
Work place with a diverse setting
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHJuly 25, 2014
Fayette has a great therapy team that is devoted to promoting patients quaility of life.
Pros
Great hands on time with patients.
Cons
Hospital upper management
cooking i enjoyed working there.
Cook, Pbx operator, ER registration, Clerk (Former Employee) –  washington court houseMay 23, 2013
I liked working there as cook once i moved out further in the hospital i really liked being around the public.
Pros
insurance started at time of employement .
Excellent patient care.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington C.H., OhioJanuary 18, 2012
Great place to work. It is a small community hospital offering inpatient and outpatient care to a town of about 15,000 people. The staff was friendly and professional. The medical staff provided quality care. There are several outpatient clinics available to patients. JCAHO Accredited.
Pros
great benefits, friendly staff