Fayette County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Stressful work enviroment
Substitute Teacher - Elementary (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 9, 2019
I arrive at the school and sign in at the front desk and then go to my assigned class room and review the agenda that is left by the absent instructor.
Fun, educational working expierence
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Connersville, INApril 2, 2019
Working at the school is a fun time. While it is fun, the school still maintains a professional appearance. I would say this school district is a very reasonable place to work for.
Love fcps
Special Education Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYMarch 13, 2019
I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. Everyone was there for one goal, to help kids grow educationally and to grow individually. I got to experience working with a very diverse group of co-workers and children. I gained a lot of knowledge from working with FCPS.
Tough job, even for seasoned professionals
Gifted/Talented Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 11, 2019
Very stressful work place. Many unpaid hours of overtime daily and on weekends. Administrators and managers did not support teachers in many cases. Of course, the students were the best part of the job, but I had so little time with them. This system is all about testing and most of the management had no idea what it is like to teach. Many hadn't been in a classroom in years. Very typical for education these days. Those who make the decisions have no clue of the current environments of schools or classes. Very tough job.
I enjoyed being a substitute teacher in Fayette County, GA
GA Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fayette County, GAFebruary 3, 2019
I liked the environment and working with children. Other teachers and administration were wonderful.
I learned to become more flexible and use time management skills.
The hardest part of the job was remembering names.
I usually did not get the job until that morning (on subfinder).
And, I preferred to get more of advance notice.
I just wanted more job stability.
Pros
Worked around my schedule, with having my kids in school.
Cons
Was no guarantee, when and where I would be, unless I had a long term sub commitment.
Paraprofessional
Instruction Asst./ Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJanuary 29, 2019
The Fayette County Public School system is a good place to work. I enjoy supporting and helping children with their educational rigors. Collaborative paraprofessional positions allows the individual the opportunity to experience a variety of work within multiple grade levels.

A typical day is full from the time one arrives to the close of the day; escorting students back to buses or private cars for pick up. There is times of laughter, seriousness in presenting new topics and encouraging students to apply their knowledge.

Overall, a good place to work.
Pros
Good atmosphere, team support
Cons
Must remain flexible for anticipated situations
Great atmosphere
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 4, 2019
Great place to work with very dedicated people willing to help the advancement of the youth. The teachers as well as I care about our students and we are willing to go the extra mile.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Not alot of snow days
It's all about who you know
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 7, 2018
I started substitute teaching to hopefully lead to a career as a school counselor. 3 years later, have made no progress. Networking is difficult when you work part-time, in a different school every day, and are separated from the rest of the staff for 90% of the day. It's not what I want to do, and isn't what I expected.
Pros
Typically easy lessons to deliver
Cons
Students constantly test their boundaries, behave worse for subs
Great Part Time Job
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAOctober 16, 2018
This is great if you have children in school and are looking for a part time job. The benefits aren't too shabby either. Management is alright...not the best/worst.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
not enough pay
Got love the Kids
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 11, 2018
I love working with children and this was one of my dream jobs!! I worked for the school system for over 3 years, and I wish they had more advancements for their employees, but since they do not I had to look for other employment.
Pros
hourly pay
Cons
no advancement
A great place to work if you're retired.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAOctober 11, 2018
The job can be stressful due to the kids.The staff and management are fair to employees.You're responsible for your job and not being micromanaged.They days off during the school year is a plus.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
The lack of workers
If you like kids this is the Job for you
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 9, 2018
Fayette County Public Schools is a great place to work. Good pay and benefits with a easy and laid back work schedule. A huge plus is the paid days off over vacations including summer break!
Pros
Steady fun Job
Cons
making up snow days
Leadership is out of touch
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GASeptember 12, 2018
Low employee morale; leadership is out of touch; salary for support professionals is extremely low. Customer service from the district office is dismal.
Pros
Can pick your student's school
Cons
low salary, lack of leadership
Great Kids
Assistant Coach (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Moscow, TNAugust 30, 2018
The kids are amazing and very respectful . Teaches me how to become a better leader and mentor for the next generation coming up. Keeps my head on straight so I can help kids and teens keep theirs on straight.
Pros
Free lunches
Benefits
You will stay busy
Substitute Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 31, 2018
You work from the time you clock in till you leave for the day. It is fun when you are working with fun people. I was a substitute and everyone was really nice to me. Management did have their favorites but treated everyone equally for the most part.
Pros
Free lunch if you eat the food prepared for the day
Cons
short breaks
Love working here. Have been here nearly 20 years.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Connersville, INJuly 27, 2018
I love my job and enjoy what I do. Have gotten along well with everyone I have ever worked with here. No issues to speak of. I simply need to enhance my income.
Pros
Great hours... home with my kids evenings and weekends and school breaks.
Cons
The pay is not great.
Fantastic Job -Teaching and Learning each day
Substitute teacher August 2015 (Current Employee) –  varies within districtJuly 16, 2018
As a sub most teachers have lessons plans ready and a daily schedule ready for me. A sub teacher book is in every classroom listing important numbers, emergency instructions, and daily answers for routine questions usually asked by the students. The co-teachers and staff are always ready to help with any problem.
Pros
Interaction with students
Cons
7:15 AM is very early for our young ones to arrrive in the winter
Great work place
Administrative Assistant II, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 10, 2018
I love my job in my department and enjoy coming to work. I work with a great staff and a great boss. The work is challenging and that is what I enjoy.
Ok
School Bus Driver / Driver Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 9, 2018
Favoritism w advancement opportunities, pay schedule salary decrease without approval of employees, constant benefit increases and change of providers.
Pros
Na
Cons
Salary
I love my job because of the student population I serve. Students with significant cognitive and physical disabilities are my passion.
Self-contained, SpEd lead teacher (sev/peo (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJuly 5, 2018
I have spearheaded several Grant's and programs that have helped to progress the exceptional students program, bot at my school, and county-wide. I am blessed to be backed by informed and supportive administration.