Fayette County Public Schools Culture reviews

Great work place
Administrative Assistant II, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 10, 2018
I love my job in my department and enjoy coming to work. I work with a great staff and a great boss. The work is challenging and that is what I enjoy.
Good job! Love the Teamwork
Substitute Teaching & Para Educator (Former Employee) –  LTMSMarch 16, 2018
Enjoyed working with the staff and children within the public school system. I really appreciated that most of the teachers and staff worked together as a team which helped to bring balance when there were more difficult days.
Pros
Teachers and staff worked as a team
great plave to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 12, 2018
Great place to work. Learning new things every day. Very involve in working with co-workers. Essential communication. patience, flexibility and much more
Fayette County
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 12, 2017
This was my favorite position. I would love to return as a teacher but have moved out of state. Great place to work. Great place to work. Great place to work.
Diverse community of learners
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 6, 2017
Fayette County Public Schools - a great place to work. The culture is welcoming and helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the diverse community of students.
Fayette Co
Driver Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 26, 2017
Everyone was super reasonable and nice. Time off was no issue at all. They listen to your feedback and cater to the improvements you would like to see. Overall a pleasant working environment and experience.
Rewarding Job, Poor Management
History Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 16, 2017
I had a mixed experience teaching in this district. I loved the teaching aspect of my job and I had many opportunities to grow as a teacher. However, the staff and faculty are very hesitant to help new teachers and politics are very prevalent here. If you don't know the right people, you'll be teaching only for a year.
Hard working educators
Paraeducator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 28, 2017
This is a strong district with a commitment to children and education. Strong administrators and appreciated teachers; successful students; strong neighborhood connection n
Pros
Great district
Cons
Salaries
A good place to work.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 1, 2016
I worked here part time after school cleaning class rooms, hallways, and restrooms. Management was friendly and kind. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was cleaning ink spills. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people.
Pros
Freedom to do my job.
Cons
Working nights
Awesome students and staff!
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 14, 2016
Our school is a great place to work!! I enjoy working with children and am happy to be employed .One of the reasons I enjoy my job is management.Management plays a very active role in student and staff success.I like knowing that I help keep the school clean does not go unnoticed. I have learned how to help students and co workers be organized and they appreciate the help.The hardest part of my job is knowing when to stop. I tend to be a workaholic.The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to leave a positive impression on children and co workers!
Pros
Cons
I have no cons. I am just thankful
Moniter
Safety Moniter (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 2, 2015
Great job working with Great Kids. Very friendly environment and I loved working with the children.
Professional, educational, and fun place to work
Subtitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 29, 2014
As a substitute teacher, I got the privilege of going to different schools each week to work with a different class each day while their teacher was absent. I found at each school that they really cared about the students and their education. The other teachers and faculty were very professional and supportive to me as a substitute. I was very impressed with the classrooms and the supportive cultures in the schools. I have loved experiencing the school setting. The most enjoyable part is getting to know the students and being a part of their education. The hardest part of the job is teaching and leading the classroom without much knowledge of their normal routine and without being able to build relationship with the students.
Pros
Getting to know different students each day and getting new experiences each time.
Cons
An inconsistent schedule since I don't know where I will be working till the day of the job.