Fayetteville State University Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Environment with computers
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 10, 2018
Working for the center was fun. It was located in a computer lab with plenty of space for plenty of people. The coworkers were friendly and often would invite me to hang out outside of work and school which is how I made friends while attending Fayetteville State. The director was amazing and welcoming. He has kids of his own and just had that "dad" personality to most people. Great guy. Hardest part was dealing with the constant hatred of math. Most enjoyable part was showing off my trigonometry mnemonic devices.
Pros
Friendly environment, great boss
Cons
A lot of people hate math
Growing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 10, 2018
An excellent place to work. Great opportunity to learn and grow. The hours could be long. The professors are all great. The manages are dedicated to their work.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Typical work place
Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 30, 2018
If you are full time its a pretty good place to work. Stay to yourself and do your job and you will be ok. Sometimes a lot of drama but that's any job that you go to.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Poor Management
Great Start For An Academic Career
University College Peer Academic Coach (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 12, 2018
The atmosphere was also pleasant with an inviting tone from others who worked there. Always was welcomed by the management team who was also very understanding that life happens. I was able to make and learn from mistakes from myself and others. What I learned from my experience was that you can only take it day by day and place your best foot forward, which was the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job was the expiration date of my contract. Go Broncos!
Pros
Diversity and family-like environment.
Cons
N/a
Work one on one with students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 4, 2018
Great place to work one on one with students. Hours are usually Monday through Friday with the exception of certain Saturdays depending on the area you work in.
Lifetime Learning Experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 13, 2018
The Warehouse environment and management were fantastic. It was fast-paced, accountable and a motivating place to work. The staff were very professional and encouraged their employees to strive for excellence. Student/Employees had a great opportunity to work in an environment that gave them real life experience all while adhering to the demands of schoolwork and other school/ sports related activities.
Fayetteville State
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 1, 2018
A typical day at FSU included going to class Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. The class I enrolled in were within the social work department which consisted of MSW and LCSW professors.
Pros
cheap tutuion
Cons
far from home
New protocol
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 7, 2018
Designed new protocols and ran experiments , set up for lab experiments for the different professors. Maintained a clean lab so no rules or regulations would be broke.
Love working in the library
Librarian (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 7, 2018
Not only is working at the Library a job but it is home. Everyone that I work with makes the experience of working for them incredible. I would not change my job because I love it so much.
Computer Lab Assistant
Supplemental Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 1, 2018
The place is pretty good to learn new things. The people here are pretty nice and help me a lot. Learned some office work at Fayetteville State University; Good opportunity for me to work at the University and know what does

Want to know more about Fayetteville State University?

Ask a question
Work Study
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 26, 2018
Working at Fayetteville State University as a work-study student is pretty great. I get paid $10 an hour and on my own time, meaning there is no schedule unless asked to come in for an assignment.
Assistant to Dean (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 11, 2018
During my college days, I worked as an assistant to the dean of the graduate school. It was an amazing experience. The office staff truly made me feel like I was apart of their family.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 9, 2018
Working at Fayetteville State University was a great opportunity, this job help me with my tuition and put me on the path of working with customers, internal and externally.
Chill Student Work
Student Worker/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 7, 2018
Chill job, work with kids, have a typical fun day at work. Nothing is the same. Get to learn about the different backgrounds kids come from. Make new friends.
Great work study program
Safe Zone Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 3, 2018
I worked at Fayetteville State University as a work study student for a temporary time period. They helped me learn a lot about what the professional field may offer in the future.
Demoralizing
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 25, 2018
The management cares very little about its employees and has no chance for growth. It is the worst university in the UNC system. They take no pride in work or ethics.
work day
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 24, 2018
Be prepared for anything
know what your suppose to do at all times
no choosing sides or favorites
Do your job and stick to your guns
make it fun and creative
Relaxed, friendly environment that feels like home.
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 10, 2018
The campus life is actively involved with all aspects of both the staff and students' time spent here. Events pop up everywhere to keep things interesting and the workplace itself is not stressful. Staff members do well to work together to accomplish their goals and help each other manage their time effectively.
I was always a very serious teacher of music.
Instructor of Music (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 26, 2018
The hardest part of the job was to make students to be as serious about music as I was. I learned to appreciate the value of music more and professional opportunities helped me through my stress at Fay. St. U.
Pros
College Career
Cons
Having to constantly push students to be serious about music.
Safe
Chemistry Teacher (assistant) (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 19, 2018
balance day between classes and work professors are very communicative and understand students daily life challenges environment is friendly and work flow is handable