Fayetteville State University Employee Reviews

great place
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 11, 2019
it was very great working at Fayetteville State I Learned a lot of things working there I have meet some great people.my manager was a awesome person.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Love the experience
Academic Coach (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 3, 2019
This was a great experience to work at an HBCU. Staff and faculty were great people to work with. The students were the best. Culture was great. I would love to go back eventually.
Fun Place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 7, 2018
While working as a intern at Fayetteville State University it was very fun, hard working, and beneficial. It helped me learn more about the university and its culture. While being an intern I also had to attend different city council meeting.
Waste of time.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 15, 2018
It's all about the grant and the pet students. There is no real mentorship for average students desiring help to focus or develop themselves to be great.
Pros
Cons
Very Poor Compensation
Best Job I had
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 7, 2018
This position provided me the opportunity to work independently and to formulate my own documents. The schedule I had was perfect because I had young children when I worked there and they could go with me in the summer time.
Pros
Flex time, independent work
Great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 7, 2018
This job was a great opportunity to better my life. I love what I did here and all the people i meet and get to help. FSU did good with having this program here.
Enjoyed the team
Education Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 28, 2018
I enjoyed working with the team I worked with, we became family and we worked so well together. I recommend working at Fayetteville State, from the staff to the students a pleasure.
Productive and fun workplace with flexible hours
Executive Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 24, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of managing money, filing papers and communicating with students . I learned how to effectively disburse and mange money as well as learning to be a successful student.
Enjoyable Work Environment
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 18, 2018
I work closely with students. I coordinate all of our ceremonies. I provide information and guidance. The culture is collaborative. The hardest part of the job is not having enough employees in our department. The most enjoyable part of working here is helping students become nurses that go out and help our community.
Pros
Great boss!
Environment with computers
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 10, 2018
Working for the center was fun. It was located in a computer lab with plenty of space for plenty of people. The coworkers were friendly and often would invite me to hang out outside of work and school which is how I made friends while attending Fayetteville State. The director was amazing and welcoming. He has kids of his own and just had that "dad" personality to most people. Great guy. Hardest part was dealing with the constant hatred of math. Most enjoyable part was showing off my trigonometry mnemonic devices.
Pros
Friendly environment, great boss
Cons
A lot of people hate math
Growing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 10, 2018
An excellent place to work. Great opportunity to learn and grow. The hours could be long. The professors are all great. The manages are dedicated to their work.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Typical work place
Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 30, 2018
If you are full time its a pretty good place to work. Stay to yourself and do your job and you will be ok. Sometimes a lot of drama but that's any job that you go to.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Poor Management
Great Start For An Academic Career
University College Peer Academic Coach (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 12, 2018
The atmosphere was also pleasant with an inviting tone from others who worked there. Always was welcomed by the management team who was also very understanding that life happens. I was able to make and learn from mistakes from myself and others. What I learned from my experience was that you can only take it day by day and place your best foot forward, which was the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job was the expiration date of my contract. Go Broncos!
Pros
Diversity and family-like environment.
Cons
N/a
Work one on one with students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 4, 2018
Great place to work one on one with students. Hours are usually Monday through Friday with the exception of certain Saturdays depending on the area you work in.
Lifetime Learning Experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 13, 2018
The Warehouse environment and management were fantastic. It was fast-paced, accountable and a motivating place to work. The staff were very professional and encouraged their employees to strive for excellence. Student/Employees had a great opportunity to work in an environment that gave them real life experience all while adhering to the demands of schoolwork and other school/ sports related activities.
Fayetteville State
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 1, 2018
A typical day at FSU included going to class Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. The class I enrolled in were within the social work department which consisted of MSW and LCSW professors.
Pros
cheap tutuion
Cons
far from home
New protocol
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 7, 2018
Designed new protocols and ran experiments , set up for lab experiments for the different professors. Maintained a clean lab so no rules or regulations would be broke.
Love working in the library
Librarian (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 7, 2018
Not only is working at the Library a job but it is home. Everyone that I work with makes the experience of working for them incredible. I would not change my job because I love it so much.
Computer Lab Assistant
Supplemental Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 1, 2018
The place is pretty good to learn new things. The people here are pretty nice and help me a lot. Learned some office work at Fayetteville State University; Good opportunity for me to work at the University and know what does
Work Study
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 26, 2018
Working at Fayetteville State University as a work-study student is pretty great. I get paid $10 an hour and on my own time, meaning there is no schedule unless asked to come in for an assignment.