Fayetteville State University Employee Reviews

Work one on one with students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 4, 2018
Great place to work one on one with students. Hours are usually Monday through Friday with the exception of certain Saturdays depending on the area you work in.
Lifetime Learning Experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 13, 2018
The Warehouse environment and management were fantastic. It was fast-paced, accountable and a motivating place to work. The staff were very professional and encouraged their employees to strive for excellence. Student/Employees had a great opportunity to work in an environment that gave them real life experience all while adhering to the demands of schoolwork and other school/ sports related activities.
Fayetteville State
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 1, 2018
A typical day at FSU included going to class Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. The class I enrolled in were within the social work department which consisted of MSW and LCSW professors.
Pros
cheap tutuion
Cons
far from home
New protocol
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 7, 2018
Designed new protocols and ran experiments , set up for lab experiments for the different professors. Maintained a clean lab so no rules or regulations would be broke.
Love working in the library
Librarian (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 7, 2018
Not only is working at the Library a job but it is home. Everyone that I work with makes the experience of working for them incredible. I would not change my job because I love it so much.
Computer Lab Assistant
Supplemental Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 1, 2018
The place is pretty good to learn new things. The people here are pretty nice and help me a lot. Learned some office work at Fayetteville State University; Good opportunity for me to work at the University and know what does
Work Study
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 26, 2018
Working at Fayetteville State University as a work-study student is pretty great. I get paid $10 an hour and on my own time, meaning there is no schedule unless asked to come in for an assignment.
Assistant to Dean (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 11, 2018
During my college days, I worked as an assistant to the dean of the graduate school. It was an amazing experience. The office staff truly made me feel like I was apart of their family.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 9, 2018
Working at Fayetteville State University was a great opportunity, this job help me with my tuition and put me on the path of working with customers, internal and externally.
Chill Student Work
Student Worker/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 7, 2018
Chill job, work with kids, have a typical fun day at work. Nothing is the same. Get to learn about the different backgrounds kids come from. Make new friends.
Great work study program
Safe Zone Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 3, 2018
I worked at Fayetteville State University as a work study student for a temporary time period. They helped me learn a lot about what the professional field may offer in the future.
Demoralizing
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 25, 2018
The management cares very little about its employees and has no chance for growth. It is the worst university in the UNC system. They take no pride in work or ethics.
work day
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 24, 2018
Be prepared for anything
know what your suppose to do at all times
no choosing sides or favorites
Do your job and stick to your guns
make it fun and creative
Relaxed, friendly environment that feels like home.
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 10, 2018
The campus life is actively involved with all aspects of both the staff and students' time spent here. Events pop up everywhere to keep things interesting and the workplace itself is not stressful. Staff members do well to work together to accomplish their goals and help each other manage their time effectively.
I was always a very serious teacher of music.
Instructor of Music (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 26, 2018
The hardest part of the job was to make students to be as serious about music as I was. I learned to appreciate the value of music more and professional opportunities helped me through my stress at Fay. St. U.
Pros
College Career
Cons
Having to constantly push students to be serious about music.
Safe
Chemistry Teacher (assistant) (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 19, 2018
balance day between classes and work professors are very communicative and understand students daily life challenges environment is friendly and work flow is handable
Lab Monitar
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 19, 2018
This was a fun, relaxing job to do if you're a student at Fayetteville State University.The job was simple you watch the lab, manage the updates of the computers and help any students, that needed help with there artwork project.
Pros
flexible, fun, great for students
Cons
there are none
Good people to work with
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 18, 2018
An ideal working environment with great potential for development. The institution offers great working conditions and great opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Strength is in staff welfare
Cons
There is nothing bad here
Family oriented work environment
Director of Student Engagement (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 17, 2018
Great place. It is giving me the foundation I need to be an effective leader. I recommend other higher education practitioners to work at Fayetteville State University.
Pros
Great experience.
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work, sports environment
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 15, 2018
Show up to work, set up for the activities that are going to take place for the day. that includes, scoreboard, chairs, stereo, equipment etc. check people into the activities by checking their school cards and making sure they know and abide by the rules. After the activities are over, then I help clean up and put everything back. Its a good work environment and the staff are very fun and flexible if you communicate with them.