FCM Travel Solutions Employee Reviews

Run....horrible management
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2019
Senior management is in it for themselves, no team! Keep looking there are much better Corp travel mgt companies. Cut throat sales teams. Stab you in the back
Pros
Cons
Senior Management
Exciting place to work for and very friendly staff
Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2018
I am an Assistant Team Leader, for the after hour emergency desk, my evenings at work is different everyday. I am constantly learning new things on a daily basis. I work from home and I communicate with my team through Skype. We communicate very well as if we were all in the same office. The hardest part of the job is the hours. A typical evening at work is flights being cancelled or delays and trying to get our clients where they need to be in a timely fashion, and to prevent anymore cost to them. Also it may include finding hotels in a sold out cities due to cancellations, that also goes for car rentals. We also deal with a lot of exchange tickets due to business meeting changes at the last minute. And last minute bookings due to our client needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is that you never know what to expect each day and everyday is something new to learn. Also I work with a wonderful team from managers to agents. My managers keep us well informed via emails, webinars, Skype, training classes, text messages and phone calls. So working remotely is like being in the office, we are never alone.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Working late hours and weekends
Enjoyable Events
Online Customer Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirtualMay 22, 2018
The company has an annual ball, location changes each year. This is open to every employee at the expense of the company. There's a few mandatory events during the day. The evening has food, entertainment and awards for top agents.

A typical work day can be very intense between answering phone calls and responding to emails. Main role is to support Concur. Process exchanges for travelers.
very comfortable place to work
Desktop/Systems/Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 12, 2017
co-workers were great, management was excellent can not say anything negative about FCm at all, working in Chestnut Hill was great, the commute was an easy drive basically an all around good place to work
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
none to think of
Great team, training, and travel benefits
Business Development Manager - USA West (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Working in contract sales to help close new business, I researched territories/industries, to secure invitations to the negotiation table when companies were nearing an open RFP for their corporate travel contracts. It is a fairly active, nightlife-friendly culture, with many opportunities to travel.

As with any sales role, there are expectations to maintain and increase your pipeline and gross closing numbers, but the US team at FCM was very willing to help train and support new hires.
Pros
Flexible Hours, fun capable coworkers, good training
Cons
Usual sales role expectations
Great work environment
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJSeptember 21, 2017
I enjoy the company culture of FCM Travel Solutions and Flight Centre USA. I have learned a lot about selling and many destinations around the world through my time here.
Fun place to work, but a lot room for improvement.
Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 31, 2017
This is great place to work, if your main objective is to travel to a couple of cool places a year and party. For others who are expected to be rewarded for their hard work, I say look for another company that will compensate you up front for your skills.
Pros
Really fun work environment. A kind face at every turn.
Cons
Low pay and not much room for advancement.
Corporate Travel Consultant
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2017
FCM Travel Solutions is a wonderful company to work for. They truly care about you as a person and want to see you succeed. I would highly recommend them as an employer.
Petty and unrewarding, with incompetent leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 1, 2017
Just don't do it. Good people in the ranks for the most part, but senior leadership is seriously lacking in people skills and professionalism. It's not how good of a job that you do, it's who likes you.
Challenging employer in a challenging field
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2016
Great if you are able to fit into the company culture, but not if you are unable. Long hours expected, good compensation if you land on a good team. Can be a bit cut-throat.
excellent
Sr Travel counselor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 19, 2016
Senior on site Domestic /International travel related work
learned about airlines/cars/hotel reservation. learned airlines computer system. most of all customer service
Pros
likeable work.
Cons
no complain
My colleagues were very helpful and fun to work with
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 18, 2016
This was a very large company with hundreds of employees, so you interacted with your colleagues with whom you worked on a daily basis. The Area leaders were only seen at six month intervals or by phone, or when something went wrong. Our team leader was very hands on, and was there to assist whenever the need arose. The job was never hard as I enjoyed assisting clients and getting them to their destinations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my colleagues and working on complex itineraries,so my clients would have minimal frustration, and nothing was better than having a client call to say that you did a good job.
Pros
Great Colleagues
Cons
not very understanding
Corporate Travel Consultant
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 28, 2016
FCm is a great working environment and company. They offer a great base salary plus unlimited commission opportunities.
Work as a team
senior executive in operations (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, ILNovember 13, 2015
I have worked with a travel desk team for our corporate client SAMSUNG INDIA to meet their travel arrangements like issuing tickets, applying for visas etc
Productive and Fun workplace with minor issues
Online Support Consultant/Mentor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2015
This is a great company to work for with the people and the culture. There are just a couple of gaps that may make it seem it's not a good place to work, but it is for the most part.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Some are only able to take advantage of fringe benefits
Fun place to work, but....
Regional Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington D.C.February 2, 2015
Lots of day drinking with co-workers, so if you're seriously looking for a career opportunity, you should keep looking.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Compensation structure
Good Company for Entry Level IT
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Management was good they company is good if you want to learn and get some experience but not to build a career they don't pay.
Pros
Good Company for Entry Level IT
Cons
No PAY
Great start to the travel industry
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Growing international company that gave me a great opportunity to travel and learn the true elements of sales. Great work environment and ended up opening doors for me with my career.
Pros
Travel, people and other perks
Cons
Lack of proper management
Great Culture and fun place to work
Assistant Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Great Culture and fun place to work. You have the potential to make decent amount of money, depending on the types of accounts that your team handles and the amount of volume that comes you way.
Horrible place to work
Software (Former Employee) –  chestnut hill maMay 21, 2014
Don't work here and tell your friends not to work here! They make their employees wear uniforms and they micromanage you like slaves! The management doesn't know their butt from their elbow and they are so disorganized they keep loosing employees! Their pay is terrible and their so called "bonus" is a total lie.
Pros
Cons
too many to list