FCR Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work but not secure job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJuly 5, 2018
This place is a fun place to work but the job is not secure at all. The jobs are very competitive and lay-offs are a regular thing. The job itself is stressful at times and can really overflow into your home-life.
Pros
Fun environment, employee appreciation days
Cons
frequent layoffs, no job security
Great place
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Coos Bay, ORJune 18, 2018
This is a great place to work at. I'd recommend this to anyone that is looking for a fun career path. Great people working to make clients needs the number one priority.
Excellant Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 13, 2018
The atmosphere here was pretty friendly and not too stressful. I enjoyed my time working here. I also found that my co-workers were very friendly and outgoing.
Pros
Nice atmosphere, good hours, overtime opportunities.
Cons
The position I held was a temporary job
Great Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 12, 2018
I had a lot of fun learning and working at the same time. There was a lot of room to grow, as we were able to know workers in other departments, doing more technical things than I did. This had a huge impact on my decision to further my education. I always looked up to the IT department there.
Pros
Free lunches
Data Entry Clerk
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 12, 2018
I used systems to update client information such as: Address, Phone Number, and other contact information, in order to send out documents regarding tax payments that needed to be paid, or that were due. Organized files, and other documentation in filing system.
Productive, busy, casual atmosphere, and great leadership.
Customer Service/Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJune 4, 2018
Answer emails, mentor and coach colleagues. I learned how to be compassionate and patient. The management in my program are for the colleagues and strive to make us a better employee. They are hands on. The workplace culture was fast paced, but positive and encouraging. We received feedback on our work performance weekly and monthly. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships I formed with my colleagues and management.
Pros
Great leadership and wonderful colleagues to work with.
Cons
Clients who were not nice
Bombastic Owners, Cliquish Management
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMay 27, 2018
Keep your head down and your mouth shut and you'll do well. You know, make yourself invisible. Great place to work if you're ready to lose your self respect.
Changed
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Independence, ORMay 21, 2018
The place used to be a great place to work at. After all the changes foe the company to "grow" and "expand" causes all of the culture to leave FCR. All of the upper management feels it as well. I loved working there and stuck it out for a long time, but what once made the place worth the poor wage and stress of the work itself is gone. Your better off going to any other call center now since its basically just like any other one but missing the pay. They have completely lost their values and the only ones who think they still have it are the company owners, who at this point feel as though they are just in it for the money. Its full of excuses and reasons but its really just about the money for them. There is no reason to work there other then location and to build a resume with the few things you learn on the job. Promotions are not hard to get however you must be part of the clique in order to move up. Do whatever your client and boss says at all time with no complaints and you will do fine. Never question anything there.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Good call center
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OregonMay 20, 2018
Great culture. Pay is a bit insulting for management. OK benefits. Great advancement potential, especially if just starting out in your career.

There are worse places to work.
Typical call center
CCR (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMay 19, 2018
FCR claims to be different then NEW - after working there for a few months, and hoping it was different, they were not. As time went by, everyone stopped caring.
Pros
Food
Cons
Very Stressfull
Interesting work environment with a lot of roll-over for the same jobs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMay 15, 2018
Initially, I really enjoyed working for FCR. They are patient and take the time to train new employees completely. The most enjoyable part of the job was the number of people who are friendly and helpful. The least enjoyable was the constant adjustments for noise levels.
Pros
Alright pay for reasonable hours
Cons
Usually they only hire for temporary assignments
Decent pay but no job security
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Coos Bay, ORMay 14, 2018
Since this is a call center, there is no job security. You're a peon and work for some higher up company.

The work can be fun and challenging, however if you have a dispute with your immediate supervisor, there is no method to resolve this dispute since you're not introduced to higher staff very soon and once you are introduced to higher staff it is improbable and nearly impossible to get an appointment with them to discuss the issue.

Ultimately if you like customer service it would be a good job for you, however if you are in any kind of disagreement with your immediate supervision, good luck in finding a way to resolve that disagreement. they take no suggestions for improvement either and suggestions are hardly ever implemented when given.

Overall the parking situation and the lack of supervision experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth for this employer and although welcome back, I wouldn't work there any longer and I do enjoy customer service.

I will give a plus to their lunch facilities and ease of access to close restaurants and a grocery store for meals, however.
Pros
Talking to lots of people worldwide
Cons
Bad parking, high stress levels, lack of resolution processes.
Fcr
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Veneta, ORMay 10, 2018
Could use improvements in management and overall work environment. No chances for moving up within the company, always outside hires. Doesn't give the feeling of actually being part of the team.
Good starting Call Center Position
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMay 7, 2018
Atmosphere is fun there. They celebrate a lot of various holidays and other stuff. Good break room with a in house store to purchase food for meals/snack. Accounts change all the time and not recommended for being rehired there. They tend to not want return employees once you leave. Even with a stellar record and previous manager recommendation.
Pros
Positive work culture.
Cons
Not always clear who management is and accounts constantly changing.
No fun
csr (Former Employee) –  roseburgApril 30, 2018
If you go to work for this company, make no mistake you are merely a number to them, and they couldn't care less about you as an individual. They advertise themselves as being different from all other call centers, but that is a lie. You will be confronted with the same corporate attitude driven by profits as with any other call center you work for. They say they promote from within, but that too is a lie as most of the managers are hired from the outside and very few of the people I worked with were promoted. Many that were promoted were eventually demoted. The HR department responds painfully slowly if at all whenever you have a pressing need or family emergency. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, good luck with that. The stress associated with this job is not worth the pay, and you will receive very little support from management, if any. People you work with in close quarters can be miserable to be around due to the poor working conditions. Ventilation is poor, germs spread like wildfire, the surroundings are noisy, the headsets hurt your ears, the computers and phone system are often unreliable, and you're treated like children by management. You're expected to perform at a certain level, and they make it almost impossible to meet those goals.
Pros
a few co-workers are friendly
Cons
Low pay, high stress, co-workers and managers can be difficult
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Independence, ORApril 29, 2018
It's the "sweat shop" of call centers. When a client would leave FCR, for whatever reason, employees assigned to that client were laid off, not even given the option of being reassigned to a different client. If they wanted to work for a different client, they were treated the same as anyone else walking in off the street, no current or former employee preference.
Culture goes through ebs and flows requently.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  OregonApril 26, 2018
When sticking to its values, FCR is an amazing place to work, however, it has been a while since this has happened. FCR continually shifts through trying to get its feet settled, and at this time - politics are playing a massively heavy role, which weren't in play just last year.

On the colleagues end - the values seem omnipresent, but from a leadership standpoint - there are some serious gaps.

Pay is okay for low-income areas, but greatly under market value and underpaid for task list and job requirements.

The idea is great, but the vision is fleeting.
Pros
More job skills than previousely anticpated, when it is good - it is amazing, support from peers
Cons
Shifts in upper management, greater politics, ebs in flows with values, pay
Worse place I have evee worked
ETSY Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MT 59401April 23, 2018
This company is a joke. In Montana they only pay 10 dollars an hour. That isn't even enough to live off. I wasn't able to give 2 weeks to my precious employer, but yet they expected it. They lied and lied about what was covered under their insurance, about advancement, and how they do things. I left a really good hob for them and it was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever done. They do not work around anything. If they do something they blame the client, which most of it was untrue.
Pros
They did like to feed you
Cons
The conpany in general
Lack of Compassion
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORApril 20, 2018
I was made to quit my job because I got sick. Management had no sympathy or compassion and my previous work history with them made no difference when I got sick. They were more concerned about someone working at my position than my health. I had unfortunately contracted a viral infection that took me more than a month to recover from. I had been to the doctor several times and been on two bouts of antibiotics that did not help. However, when I asked for FMLA I was told my illness was not FMLA. I was told to either quit or they would fire me. As long as you never get sick and met all of your required metrics you will get treated ok, but if you get really sick and have no time off left or have any injury that affects your productivity your position will be in jeopardy.
Poor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTApril 19, 2018
This has to be one of the worst places I have worked, They are not family oriented and do not care if your children are either sick or something bad has happened to them they expect you there everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FCR. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight