FE Moran Security Solutions Employee Reviews

Worst job I've ever had
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILMarch 28, 2019
Don't bother! You go through a crazy interview process, yet receive little to no training. You are left on your own, not knowing what you're doing and are constantly in trouble for doing things incorrectly... although you wouldn't know how to do them correctly since you get no training. Office drama is at an absolutely stupid level. I have never witnessed such garbage in any office setting. You will be expected to do the work of multiple people and get no reward, let alone a simple thanks for what you do. I noticed really quickly that everyone hated their jobs and especially management. (Serious micro managers)
Pros
Cons
Just about everything
Did not follow the Mission
Accounts Receivable/ Billing /Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 4, 2019
FE Moran started out being a good company but then changed and let go of all its great employees to hire a "shells" of a person. The let go of genuine hard working people to hire people who really did not care about the company as a whole.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
No job security, High stress
Zero stars
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 20, 2018
What can I say? This place is dysfunctional. If you are a great employee, it will never get you anywhere. You will do the work of 4 people and sit and watch others do bare minimum. If you're a favorite you can do and say what you want, including saying things and doing things that should never be said or done in a work environment. Even though people call off all the time they don't get punished or let go- instead they pick their own hours and days off and work as they please and laugh because they get what they want. The company also makes deals with certain employees and also exceptions, while not doing the same for other employees. Very unequal treatment. Very unprofessional place to work. If you want to cause drama, call off all the time, and do minimal work, you will go far there! The pay isn't great either.
Pros
Cons
Drama, unequal treatment, lies
Expects 1 person to do the work of 3
Sr. Billing Specialist/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 31, 2018
Expects 1 person to do the work of 3 but not willing to compensate as such. Many employees work very hard and many don't but treated and paid the same.
Very hard place to work at.
Lead Installer (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSMarch 30, 2018
Good company to work for. Very stressful. No advancement in 5 years that I was there. Saw management change many times. Branches felt left out of the corporate family.
learning experience
Call Center Specialist/ Alarm dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 8, 2018
first call center job that required outgoing calls to customers and emergency dispatch to local law enforcement.
learned how to use dual monitor
dispatching on actual alarms
free coffee
Fast paced
Alarm Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 21, 2017
You learn quickly or you dont survive there. The instruction you receive is wonderful and they make sure you are confident in your abilities before allowing you to handle emergency alarms on your own. You really feel like part of a team and they love their team.
Pros
team work
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to Work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 25, 2017
I always felt challenged at my position to do better at my job. When I went to work I always felt like I knew what I needed to do and I was given the tools to achieve that.
Honestly not the best company to work for
customer service (Current Employee) –  OfficeApril 21, 2016
They by far do not treat the employees or offices the same. Some of the things that they want you to do are beyond unreasonable.
Pros
Monday -Friday 8-5, weekends and some holidays off
Cons
Favoritism
Cares about employees
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 21, 2016
I feel like this company cares about their employees. They gave gift cards for Christmas and try to do fun things like order pizza, have decorating contests, and celebrate employees. I feel like I'm valued.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
very busy!
Stay Away
Sr. Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 18, 2014
Awful company, disorganized very pricey no new technology. slow to deliver install date.
Very Diverse and energetic workplace
National Accounts Regional Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 29, 2014
No one day was ever the same. There were days where alarms calls and customer interactions were demanded non stop all day and others not so much. I learned a lot of the technology of alarm signals and how they are transmitted. Management provided plenty of training and assistance to our understanding of said procedures. I had the absolute best co-workers ever. We were from all walks of life but we were still one big happy family. The hardest part of my job would be handling those alarm calls that involved fire or burglary. Not knowing the outcome or if customers are safe is very tough. The most enjoyable part was knowing that i had my co-workers full support no matter what alarm or what call came thru.
Poor Advertising in Michigan
Senior Commercial Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MISeptember 20, 2013
Calling on commercial accounts was difficult, They do no advertising in Michigan. If a commercial account is making any money they already have a security system in place and didn't need us
Cons
Poor Management
Good Co-workers and Customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSAugust 28, 2013
Set up Fire System Inspection Work Order, complete work order after inspection, schedule subcontractor to do the repair work, the complete work order and send in paper work for payment.

The co-workers are like a family

The hardest part of the job is they keep changing their minds on who you send the paperwork to and what else you do. The training I got was about 30 minutes from someone that was learning the job that was leaving the company. I would ask for help and would get the run around.

I really enjoy talking with the customers
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Was not given enough time to finish jobs correctly