FedEx Express Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 2,704 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
- CEORaj Subramaniam
- Company sizemore than 10,000
- Revenuemore than $10B (USD)
- IndustryTransportation & Logistics
Loading and Stocking
What would you say about your employer?
They asked basic questions: If you are able to work in extreme conditions i.e rain or shine/ high or cold temperatures? How many years of driving a motor vehicle / have a drivers license? Work on holidays? Can you lift 70lbs frequently? Packages can weigh up to 70lbs, can you lift up 110lbs with a co-worker? They only asked me 3 situational questions that will let them know if you are adaptable, organized, and dependable: "Can you tell me a time when you had to adapt at work? How did it conflict with your job and what was the success after overcoming the conflict." "Can you tell me a time when being organized and planning was important. How did being organized and planning helped you succeed at your previous work?" "Can you tell me a time when you had to be depended on by someone by a task and what was the outcome of that success?" Questions can vary by the manager I think. Interview took 30 mins total.
First they asked basic questions. Are you able to lift up to 70lbs? Are you able to be flexible with your schedule? etc. Then they went into 9 situational questions. Some examples: Tell us about a time you had to be dependable. Are you able to be adaptable on the job? If so, tell us about how you adapted at work in your previous job? Tell us about a time when you had to be compassionate for someone else. Tell us about a time when _____. Then they gave me an opportunity to ask questions. The whole thing lasted about 30 minutes.
There's honestly no interview, it's just a hiring process. Fingerprint, drug test, background checks, then you actually do the application at the recruitment center which is on Democrat.
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- articleWhat’s it like working at FedEx Express?Published on May 24, 2021
- FedEx Express