FedEx Express Employee Reviews

Found 1,360 reviews matching the search See all 1,576 reviews
Busy from the minute you clock in until you clock out
Courier/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 17, 2018
The environment daily was pretty fast paced. If you have a good manager, you know what's expected of you and there are hints and tips to help you succeed at the job. If you can work independently and enjoy being busy the entire time you're working, this is a great place for that. Days can get pretty long depending on your location, but they go by fast given you are constantly moving and busy. When I worked at a facility we did have some managers that tried to keep people from communicating while working which was strange, but overall most managers are relaxed as long as the work is getting done in a timely fashion. As a courier I was on my own and it wasn't too often that I was overworked, though it did happen. Some days you are slammed with freight and are expected to deliver the world with no help, but those days typically came around holiday times when customers are ordering more. Most days were straight forward though with most Friday's being fairly relaxed (since most businesses call it quits early and there isn't as much freight happening).
Pros
Easy work, decent pay, benefits
Cons
Schedule isn't flexible, strict deadlines, heavy amounts of work some days, getting time off is impossible around holidays
Quick paced job with career advancement opportunities
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 17, 2018
I loved working at fedex express in oakland ca its quick paced very team oriented and fun work environment I just had issues with making it to work sometimes but I would definitely recommend it to anybody looking for a career based job
Pros
Quick paced and very physical work team oriented atmosphere and job advancements
freedom but unreasonable
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30320July 17, 2018
cannot be late, management is cool, workload not that much. way too much micromanagement,simple routine job, and gets boring. overall its an easy job. with benefits
Challenging many ways to make you learn.
Fedex fleet manager global vehicles (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 15, 2018
Non stop work 24 hours a day.great job has its good days and not so good. Great place to learn. It teaches you multi tasking and everything you need to know and not know about being a manager.
Pros
You learn about business.
Cons
Always on the clock
Great company to work for
COURIER (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 15, 2018
Loved working there. Was able to interact face-to-face with, and get to know customers. Good management was very patient with me as I was new to the area.
productive work place
Handler (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 15, 2018
* fast pace environment
*i learned to get the job done.
*the hardest part about my job is flights not being on time
*the most important part about my job is being there on time
I Loved It Here
Handler Non DOT (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 13, 2018
Everything was awesome. I had cool manager that was pretty strict. Its a very fast paced environment. Every handler is different. All I did was push bags down chutes, or if underneath, unjam the chutes if bags or packages were stuck. I worked from about 11pm to 3am. Pretty easy stuff.
Safe place to be employed
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  UtahJuly 13, 2018
I work on average 10-12 hours a day, and paid for 8 hours a day. The hours are rough...worked starts around 4 am everyday.

The last 15 years felt as if executive management did not trust we could run the local business. Given unrealistic goals, and then told how to go about trying to make them, rather than giving us the ability to make best decisions for our market. Overly micro-managed!
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
short breaks, long hours expected with no compensation
Good Place But***
Courier (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 13, 2018
Fedex is a Great Company but i feel like i can get fired for anything they want so i don't see this as long term .. and the pride is customer service but yet i get like 1 minute per customer since i'm always in a rush since they need to hit there stops per hours so managers can hit there numbers .. none if this is helping customers
Fast paced and physically demanding
Material Handler/ Load Captain (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2018
A typical day at Fedex Depends on the department. Usually it is fast paced. I learned the importance of working in a team and communication and proper lifting techniques. Majority of management is down to earth and easy to talk to. The hardest part of the job is the physical labor and being exposed to the elements. The most enjoyable part of the job is the many benefits.
Pros
Full time benefits for part time employees, many perks
Cons
part time
Decent Pay, Indecent Conditions
Handler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2018
Fed Ex is a very manageable career, with flexible shifts and days available to work. Although when recommending to a friend, the conditions workers are subject to are an immediate con. Hopefully Fed Ex can clean up, manage the company more professionally, and it can become an even better place to work.
Pros
Very flexible schedules, great benefits, paid time off, workers are a community
Cons
unsafe working conditions, unhealthy working conditions, mentally stressful, physically stressful, poor management
Fast paced
Swing/Courier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2018
Good company to work for. Faced paced and very busy. The benefits are good and vacation time is a plus. If you like working alone, this is the job for you.
Great place to work with nice benefits!
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 11, 2018
FedEx is a great company to work for. During the 19 years I worked there I learned a lot about the airline cargo industry. I had a lot of wonderful managers and worked with a lot of great co-workers
Pros
Discounted travel benefits
Cons
Work hours getting cut from 40 to 35 a week.
Productive and fun
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 11, 2018
Working at FedEx is productive and fast paced. It can also be laid back. Ive learned how to stack, scan, offload and handle small and large packages. Ive also been trained to handle Dangerous Goods the proper way. It is really not a hard job.
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks/no breaks
Productive and fast-paced
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Hapeville, GAJuly 11, 2018
I would recommend this job to anyone in need of supplementing their income. The work is physically demanding so it's basically like a gym that pays you to work out. Usually I can get along quite well with my coworkers and we end up cracking jokes with each other during down time between flights. I've also come to love learning how each plane is compartmentalized and how each part we utilize operates.
Pros
Management is involved and cares for their teams
Cons
Short hours for part timers
the hardest part of the job
Handler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2018
it is very physical. but it is very good benefits for part time. it is great for start job or 2nd job for insurance. It always hired as Handler then you can choose you want to became alike Team Leader or Ramp Agent or anything you want to learning.
Pros
benefits, savings for different accounts - vacation, mortgage, christmas club, savings.
Cons
no break time
Nice place to work
Dangerous Goods Specialist (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 10, 2018
Great place and great opportunities. Career advancement can be obtained through this fabulous fortune five hundred company. Fedex is number one in the industry.
Benefits
I love Fedex
Box Sorter (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 9, 2018
I love Fedex and the manager is good to work with also I would recommend anyone to work for FedEx it’s the only part time job I know of with Full-Time benefits
Provide friendly work environment
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAJuly 9, 2018
FedEx is a great company to work for and has ample opportunity for advancement at any level of the company. They're also a family friendly company that promotes from within.
alright workplace
Handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2018
I work with not so heavy boxes and really heavy boxes, Managers and team leaders shows favoritism to people, they give the people they like less work and give the people they barely talk to more work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight