FedEx Express
72Above average
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from FedEx Express:

FedEx Express Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA25 reviews
Family atmosphere
Great place to work, family atmosphere, excellent opportunity for a person seeking to build a long term career with a world wide organization, great pay too!
Great Place
I Load materials and products into package processing equipment and then Scan or Stock packages inside shipping containers. They provide training that then helps you Sort and separate packages for delivery to various locations.
I enjoyed working at Fed
It worked well with my school schedule, and pay was reasonable. I expected dangerous goods that traveled between destinations. The job was overwhelming at times.
Ever changing
Still definitely a great place to work although the cost of the health insurance has now increased and moral seems to be a little lower then the original time of my employment with FedEx.
Fedex is a good place for a lifetime career
I worked for FedEx for 11 years, had to leave for personal reason,(kids special needs) it was just easier to stay home.
Loveed working there.

Health benefits were great and cost of living increases were fair.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Federal Express is a Great Place For Challenges
The years that i'll been with Fed X is a learning Experienced there always something new to learn i enjoy that from Courier to Customer Service. to Handler which is my Title.
Management could use some improvement
Good people surrounding you, except for the fact that they treat you like a slave. I did feel like this one man who yelled at us was racist and it showed. The team leaders are very un equal on who they send here and there to do the harder labor work. I didn’t much very liked my manager but I put up with it. When I tried to get in touch I would just be ignored. I called in early one day 7 hours before my shift and my reason was still unexcuse? Guess it wasn’t good enough for him? Not only this but he also didn’t excuse one of the workers who recently had surgery and ended up not paying her for that sick day she had acrued. All the managers care about is saving their themselves for the senior manager( depending which manager) . Overall I don’t recommend this place. If you’re young they will use you like a machine until you’re worn out. Maybe someone else had a good experience with their manager but my manager was extra friendly with this older woman ( who didn’t do anything at the belts) and always got away with it. Made me very frustrated when I and the others were putting in 110% and she was doing 5%. That being said bad workplace. Don’t work here and waste your time on an interview cause the manager won’t even bother to look at your face, instead be on his phone.
Pros
Health insurance, friends
Cons
alot
Plenty of Opportunities
I wanted to make it my career and advance but the unfortunate did happen. Got injured due to a careless act of supervision. Some supervisors take things a little too far. Not Managers but supervisors.
I Like it
FedEx is really, really, really, really, really, really awesome. I would recommend it to anyone to work here. I like it a lot. I have worked for 13 years here
the best to work
Fedex is the best company i ever work for, everything is grate
except there is not enough hours for PT employees and it takes forever to be a FT employee
Cut throat abusive environment
Total lack of communication from top down. Refusing to give hours or work without explanation under threat of suspension for insubordination. Management was abusive to down right degrading. Cut throat attitude in a hostile environment. Favoritsm and racism abound here. I was even physically assaulted by two separate managers when I was terminated following suspension only for insubordination after working here three years accident free with an employee of the month award. Gang stalking tactics were also used by management to abuse harass and control people. Extremely unsafe environment stay away at all costs.
Pros
Frequent pay raises and good benefits.
Cons
Everything else
Good Place Overall
Good Place!
Good People!

Pay is decent at best!

Stable employment!

The job is stressful with time sensitive shipments!

Plenty of free training!

Overall good place to work!

I'd work there again!
Pros
Stable Job
Cons
Pay
productive and fun with crew members
it`s a good place to work
videos training all the time when required

meeting with management to proceed to the company goal

the hardest day at work is monday
Fast Paced, Package Handling for Aircraft schedules
Provide Movement of Packages, Documents, Dangerous Goods and/or Supply Support in a Timely, Safe and Efficient Manner Through Effective Scan/Load Methods
Pros
Employees
Cons
Early AM Hours
Good experience in the air shipping operations arena
A lot of teamwork is necessary. Difficult getting to a full-time job. You are permanent part-time as long as you want though. You get medical benefits and vacation and sick days too.
Demanding, but rewarding
In general, there are a lot of opportunities, but like most companies, you might have to move for advancement in a particular field.

Lots of benefits, like most large companies. Recently they've decreased their tuition reimbursement and 401K contributions, but probably no less then anyone else.

Most jobs there have a fair degree of stress, increasingly so as you climb the ladder. Promotions are competitive, but doable.
Pros
benefits, salary, opportunity
Cons
stress, potential need for relocation, lots of hours if salary
friendly
good place to work good over time hours benefits safety first good equipment discounts with other companies or stores reimbursement tuition uniforms etc etc
fast paced and alert... safety first!!!
During the week, as a ramp agent, we are responsible for loading and off loading 4 FedEx aircrafts that carry air mail. During my time there, I've learned how to operate a machine loader, operate ramp tugs and all safety regulations. My management staff are all easy to work with as long as you perform your daily tasks properly. They are also always willing to help when needed. For the most part, everyone works well together, while working under strict time frames, focused on getting the flights out on time. One of the hardest parts about this job would be the weather or being safe as possible. One of the most enjoyabe parts of this job would be my co workers.
Pros
A free workout/ benefits
Cons
weather/ part time
Federal Express
At Federal Express I was a station operations manager, managing the PM shift for package pickups and deliveries. This is an excellent company that I never should have left.
Exciting, rewarding place to work with best team of colleagues ever!
FedEx Express is absolutely the best place to work!! It is truly an environment where each and every employee performs (plays) a role and where true teamwork at is on display.
Active and engaging work, amazing benefits
FedEx is a great company with excellent benefits and room for advancement for those who over achieve. The starting pay is quite low but if you are dedicated and work hard it is easy to move up.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Express. Our community is ready to answer.
1.8K
1.2K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight