FedEx Express

United States5,467 reviews

Found 5,467 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,823 reviews
expresscourierpackagehandlerroutebenefitfreightdriver

Good so far

I’ve been employed with FedEx express 8.5 years. It can be stressful in the beginning as a driver. Managers only care about making numbers. Multicultural environment

Good entry level into delivery driving. Difficult to find your footing.

Not sure if it varies by station but management is constantly changing it can be difficult to find who your primary boss is at first. Pay is great during peak season. Lack of help or guidance can land you in trouble with higher ups. Easy to make mistakes. Very numbers driven. Need to advocate for yourself. Log anything and everything you can to protect yourself. Decent medical and dental benefits.

FedEx Express insights

Based on 5,671 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Great Culture

FedEx has been such a great experience for me . Growth opportunities for anyone willing to do the work and training. I started off at the Indy Hub and literally worked in every operation. I now work as a courier and love it . I recommend anyone looking for a career that pays well, provides great benefits and growth opportunities to work for FedEx express.

Beat

Going on 3 years there I love the job. Some of what goes in at the station can be annoying, example :lazy drivers that feel entitled to whatever they want.

Hard work, yet, good pay and better benefits

By far the best job I ever had.If you enjoy hard work, good pay and great benefits, then this job is for you.Most coworkers keep to themselves while others are hang out in small groups but overall, everyone works together.Outstanding leadership from the management team and leads, they care about their employees and would go out of their way to check up on you.I can honestly say that if my personal situations were different, I would still be employed but I plan on going back.

Pros

Management, Pay, room for advancement, and Benefits.

Cons

Hardwork

Fun place to work depending on team.

Had a lot of fun here due to the people I worked with and the work was light. The only issue I have is that management, specifically your team leader, will not help you at all.

Fast paced

There definitely going to work you all the time. FedEx has the mentality that profit is sometimes more important than employees. It's very difficult to take a day off when you want.

Demeaning and lack of support from management

Management is very bad. Starting from the senior manager at Honolulu ramp.Work is not taken seriously and workers run the operations rather then being managed closely.

Cons

Work hours are not consistent, work ethic is not enforced by management consistently.

good evironment

it was a good place to work, and easy work if communication is key among the co-workers. I learned to know the labels and to put specific packages with the same codes in a container.

What is the best part of working at the company?I was a splitter. Great exercise and fast moving. Great insurance premium What is the most stressful part about working at the company?A few of the men were not the most pleasant. (That’s anywhere)What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Is in a warehouse. Fast paced work. Once you get used to the sort, it’s was to understand What is a typical day like for you at the company?It was slow and easy to keep up with at first and then picked up the pace. Not impossible, just fast moving

Productive and fun place

Very good place to work very fast pace hate the 30 minute lunch need more hours and outside workers should be paid more for being in the cold for so long

What is the best part of working at the company?The company has exceptional benefits and their jobs pay well. They also care about you succeeding, and go to great lengths to make sure you do. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The most stressful thing is not being fully trained sometimes if the manager is too busy, but there are great ones that will come talk to you personally/privately and ask how they can help you, if you are lagging in an area…. And follow through with that offer. The comradery among team members is awesome.

Good pay and benefits

Fedex Express is a good company overall to work for. Not Ground! Pay and benefits were good. Paid time off. Working full time you definitely get worked hard but with the pay and overtime, seeing those weekly checks usually made it worth it.

It's was a great job for the money.

That was before covid and all the micromanagement started. You will work and if you get too good at your job they will never let you slow down which leads to burnout.

What is the best part of working at the company?The pay, but I can’t work eight hours a dayWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The commute to your work area.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It’s better in most area. The environment and culture sometimes is good, sometimes bad. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Fast pace working and the teamwork could be better

Fun but can be stressful

Wish upper management listened to couriers feedback. Biggest issue is pay. It is not competitive. $23/ hour does not cut it. Pay and job responsibilities does not align.

What is the best part of working at the company?You on your own when you out there with no manager hanging over your shoulder What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Manager pushes the employees to get out of the building early even though they schedule you for a late start.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Everyone for themselvesWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?8 to 10 hrs

FedEx Express is a great place to work, the management in Pensacola is top tier and all employees are team-oriented, hard-working individuals. I'd recommend this job to anyone.

AWSOME work environment

Great staff, management is pretty good, advancement available. Great for pt with weekly pay also benefits. Hot summers and cold winters only downfall! But overall nice

Decent job

Besides FedEx taking away multiple retirement benefits it’s a decent place to work if you need something short term. Long gone are the days it’s FedEx taking care of you for retirement. Look elsewhere if this is important to you.

It's ok but doesn't pay well enough to support a family

The insurance is absolutely terrible. And it's sad that a billion dollar company has terrible benefits for their employees. Pay isn't what it should be. No cola raise. The fact that fast food is making only a couple dollars less then us is very sad. They used to be wayyyyy below us. FedEx isn't what it used to be

Pros

Go on the road all by yourself

Cons

Terrible insurance, pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight