FedEx Express Employee Reviews

Found 1,609 reviews matching the search See all 1,886 reviews
Has a ping pong table to play
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 12, 2018
It’s a good company just management has favoritism and sometimes it lacks hours the benefits are really good they have blue cross blue shield and the discounts there are amazing only thing that kills the job is management
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Lack of hours and management
Big changes over 25 years
Courier (Current Employee) –  Menands, NYNovember 12, 2018
Was a great company to work for when I first started, but many changes took place over the years which made many people who were positive employees turn bitter.
Fedex Express is a great company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2018
I would recommend fedex on anyday. Fedex Express has many opportunities to move up in the company. They provide medical, dental, vision, and 401 benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement. Fedex is a great company and I loved my job at fedex.
Pros
Great company and benefits
Cons
part time hours
700.00 a week salary 45-55 hours a week
Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville KyNovember 11, 2018
As a courier driver you don't really work for FedEx, you work for contractor. Lots of lies and only look out for themselves. DON'T DO IT just about anything else is better than this mess.
Pros
Cons
To many to list.
typical day job
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 10, 2018
I rather not talk much about it. The job was a way to get more experience. it not the best to work but its not the worst to work either it all depends on the people you are working with and the department you are in.
Toxic
Manager, Critical Inventory Logistics (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 8, 2018
No comment, the subject line speaks for itself. This doesn't apply to all locations, just the one located on Lamar Avenue and on the same street as the Nike facility.
N/a
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 8, 2018
FedEx was perfect working hours for me and it was a fast paved environment that made the shift go by fast and easy. Unfortunately it was too far for me.
Excellent medical and dental
Senior Material Rep. (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 8, 2018
Daily routine is challenging, creates opportunities to improve procedures.
Learned to develop communication skills and make prompt decisions.
Ability to travel.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Great place to work for and competitive pay.
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  United, PANovember 7, 2018
Fedex express is a great work place to work for. The management are very professional and easy to talk to. They address ay needs brought to there attention. We also have competitive pay. My fellow employees are wonderful as well.
Pros
Great upper management
good place to work
Senior Global Vehicle Asset Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2018
Its a good place to work they will lean on the hard workers instead of making other people work harder. You have to relocate to move up They say they promote from within but the current trend is hiring from military instead, which is a good thing for vets not so well for current employees. This means current employees have to train new managers
Different
Import Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 6, 2018
People, job, management was different but good, unfortunate I was there with an agency in the middle.People, job, management was difPeople, job, manag
It's a job at least.
Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 5, 2018
I worked as a handler for 4 months before I found a better job. Safe to say I would only recommend this job to people who are physically fit, unless you have some education or experience that can land you in a higher up position. Everyone hired at Fedex will start at the grunt labor force and you will work 4-5 hours continually without a single break. You will lift large freight that can weigh more than 50 pounds. You're suppose to ask for help for large package but management doesn't care. If you can rough it out for a year you can promote to better positions like truck driver or ramp agent who don't have worry about standing for 5 hours straight lifting large boxes. I came home too tired every day and it affected my other job as stay at home data entry clerk. I needed the health benefits from fedex, but it's not worth the sore muscles in the end.
Pros
It's work that pays better than fast food
Cons
extremely tough on your body unless you're peak physical condition
A great company to work for.
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 4, 2018
I enjoy Fed Ex Express. Great benefits. I love the physical and driving part of it. The warehouse work is fast paced and challenging. The courier part can be very overwhelming, but always have a plan in tact to get through it.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Can be very stressful on us drivers at times, but we come up wit a plan to resolve it.
High pressure job.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WANovember 3, 2018
FedEx demands a lot of physical and mental qualifications. Must be flexible to work different hours and lots of hours are required during December. Not a good situation for a person who wants to spend time with family.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Demanding hours
Fast pace, generally helpful
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYNovember 2, 2018
I would love to give a better review. BUT I worked for a week as a package handler before another employer offered me a better job. FedEx however NEVER paid me for that weeks work. Based on the on-boarding process, I think Casper runs on its own set of rules.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Never got paid.
I loved the atmosphere and the fact that everyone tries to work as a team.
Courier Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2018
FedEx is great to work for being a people person. I was working part time and the hours wasn't consistent until peak season and I was barely making ends meet.
Fast paced work environment.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Newark Liberty International Airport, NJNovember 1, 2018
Fast paced work environment. The pay was good but the hours sucked since it was a part time position, wasnt meeting ends meet . Takes alot to climb up that ladder and reach to full time. Room for advancement takes a long time since this job is based on seniority.
Pros
Pay, benefits, discounts
Cons
Noisy environment, Takes a long time for advancement, lack of hours
Average work day
Truck control agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 31, 2018
Enjoyed working with the Truck Drivers and had a good work group. Learned a lot about the different task related to my job responsibilities. Opportunity for overtime if you wanted to work. Provided uniforms throughout the year.
Pros
Chance to advance.
Good for work, not as a career
International Document Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 30, 2018
I would not recommend FedEx to anyone that has graduated High School. There is minimal career advancement and many jobs are hard on the body and can be soul crushing. If you are desperate for money FedEx will hire just about anyone, but if you can get a job anywhere else (besides retail) I would suggest it.
Bullying by employees!
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2018
Bullying by employees!! I tired told management but not work. I did ask can I change mon to Thursday say yes but now no.. boxes always throwing around and drop on floors make fall.. manager seen don’t care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Express. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight