FedEx Ground Warehouse Employee Reviews

Great place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJNovember 15, 2018
Cool place to work and laid back environment
people was cool and nice some time it can be fast pace work plus half hour lunch and looking to grow with the company
Managers here are extremely degrading to you .
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2018
Changing schedule as they please adding extra days with out asking hard fast paced work with management telling at you all the time 1000 boxes 30 mins..smh
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Poor management
Grove City, OH FedEx Sucks!
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHNovember 10, 2018
On my SECOND day of work I was told to clock out because I forgot my RF wristband and then clock back in once I get it from my car. Oh, they had spare but chose to discriminate me against something or just to F...around. That was at the Grove City, OH, FedEx building. I'm pretty sure that prisoners get treated a lot better than that. I deserve A LOT better than this sh....thole!
Tough but fun
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Natick, MANovember 10, 2018
Working at FedEx requires some physical strength, it also requires you to work with the hours, if able to keep up it's an amazing place to work.
The hours are a little rough 5pm-10pm
The management really do care about you and want what's best
You learn a ton about the shipping industry
There is a huge amount of benefits, ranging from the healthcare to all the discounts
the fellow employees are usually very kind people and everyone looks out for each other,
It's not easy but if you just keep in shape and push yourself you'll make it through in no time
With possibility of yearly promotion it's a really good starting place to work recommend to everyone
Pros
Paid to workout, healthcare, discounts, flexible schedule, good management
Cons
No breaks, late hours.
Don't get sick!
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MANovember 5, 2018
Don't get sick with the common cold at Fedex. They will require you to bring in documents from your MD saying you were sick, or else your job is gone.
Pros
Quick hiring, job is mindless and easy
Cons
Co-workers don't speak English, managers were absent minded
Its a good job if your looking for something stable in the mean time.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 4, 2018
Every hub varies from management to workers to the overall balance of a calm or unorganized day and week. Personally i have done this kind of work environment for a while so technically i was use to it being stressful at times. But if you stick with it than opportunities do present themselves but its not about what you know but how much you continuously impress your managers all the while keeping a level headed approach to constantly changing situations.

Word of advice! When you do something severely bad just remember. Just own up to your mistakes. Document everything a manger or supervisor tells you.

Their are always going to be great managers on one end of the spectrum and on the other end just terrible ones who have zero idea how to even do the most basic of tasks.

Ideally everything is straight forward and completely simple. Those who complain daily are usually the ones who hate working period.

The scanners are so ancient that it stresses you out more dealing with that than actually working. Management will say they are in the works to order new ones. But that is just a ruse to keep you from asking. Than triggers on scanners are always a issue than finger straps. They been using the same equipment forever.
Pros
Benefits when you get them.
Cons
Poor Management, management treats you like your stupid, hardwork goes unnoticed
Fast
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Leland, MSNovember 3, 2018
I liked the job but not enough hours ...just something to do when your bored or waiting to go to your next job..... co worker were cool but you always have that one that's a pain in the
Pros
You learn new task
Don't work here
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 3, 2018
Managers are WORTHLESS.You have break your back just to get anywhere with the company. They pass up anyone they don't like for any advancement with the company. I have a buddy who has worked for the company 11 years and they never give him a manager job. They want you to do everything they say when they say it. If you don't do whatever they say they threaten to fire you. It's a horrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Way too many yo list
Acceptable side job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2018
Working here was alright. If you're a part-time worker you get very little hours a day (1-3 hours, maybe 4 if you're lucky) You work Tuesday-Saturday but for me this didn't work because how much I'd get paid wasn't enough for the commute to get there and to pay bills at the same time.
Pros
Easy work environment
Cons
Very little work hours and No actual breaks
Bueno
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2018
Buen trabajo solo que Dan muy pocas horas y es my caliente en tiempo de calor

Want to know more about FedEx Ground Warehouse?

Ask a question
You will be beaten bruised and tired and expected to do more
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2018
The only people that manage to stick with this job will have you pulling the weight for them. This company expects you to do the work of 3 or 4 people out of the gate and then leave in the first few months. The only people that stay don't do anything but can't be fired because then nobody would be working there. You will get hurt, be dizzy, tired, and unable to do anything after work. Any review telling you otherwise is a plant.
Don't work here
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  WebsterOctober 24, 2018
You work as hard as you can and then they send you home as fast as they can like you are trying to work there for free. They expect you to be superman and do everything by yourself but they only pay you as if you are aquaman. You get no good hours and they don't care about you at they just use you so there building can seem very productive to the people over the boss
Cons
Pay, hours
FedEx Ground Warehouse
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 20, 2018
This location is in Irving, Tx I switched from there because the work is basically for strong people and the work was alright for me I could handle it but people wouldn't show up they would miss and also be very late. The work is hard like I would get bruises on my legs and stomach from the very heavy packages and boxes that came off the truck they would have big 18 wheeler truck tires, trampolines, heavy gun cases, cribs, beds, you name it, it came off that truck you have to get down to the lower level of the trailers and life the heavy boxes which was excruciating and not that easy for me. They would switch me from the trucks to scanning the packages the go on the line and go up to the belts. You have to be fast and have muscles there, I loved the long hours I'd get even though the work was hard. I'd get almost 400 dollar checks ... I'm a good worker and as long as they see that you don't have a problem now if you come to work with an attitude please remember that they will put you to do the hardest job so don't take your problems from home with you to work please. People do have little clicks and stuff but don't worry about that because your work has to be done. I love this location and I'd love to work there again despite the things I've said!
Pros
Hours & Exercise
Cons
Very heavy boxes
They want a Superman
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 18, 2018
Right from the get go you're thrown to the wolves with little to no actual training and every little mistake you make gets you called out on it. Even if it's a computer/logistics issues they are used in your name so you're responsible even if i have no control or idea how to do it because they never trained you on how to do things.

It's kind of a cut throat when it comes to getting promotions.

A majority of supervisors/managers are the laziest bums who sit around and don't really help and don't know what they're doing. If they mess up they are quick to blame others for their mistake because who's going to believe a manager/supervisor can't make mistakes.

I see myself as a dependable worker but management tends to exploit and take advantage of that by putting me at the busiest doors by myself and lift extremely heavy packages (way over what is stated in the job description)

Summer job at best.
Pros
quick employment/money, occasional free food
Cons
hours, management, stress
Poor Training, Poor Management, Very, very fast pace!!
Loader (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 17, 2018
No breaks! No communication when you start your first shift! The pay for ad hard as you work is a joke!!!! No explanation of anything from anyone if you didn’t understand something you get a quick this what you do and then you are left alone!!!
Pros
Cons
Pay! Training! People don’t really want to help you!!!
Only work here you're desperate and have nothing else
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NYOctober 17, 2018
I went to work here because I liked the early morning hours, it was a part time job that would work with my family life and I was told advancement was guaranteed if you stayed on long enough. This place is always hiring and usually if somewhere is always hiring, people are not finding enough reasons to want to stay. I went in anyways thinking I would form my own opinions and I sure did! The initial manager I worked with was a cool guy and I didn't have many issues with him. I ended up getting sent to work with a different manager that flat told me, "we k*** our selves every day for the job". This was the running joke around here. Because they couldn't keep people who wanted to do the strenuous physical aspect of the job, it feel on the few employees they did have to take on the load. Most days if you asked for help the answer was, "there is no one". There were no breaks during your 4 or so hour shift. you hardly had time to take a sip of water. I was expected to lift furniture, TVs, Fridges, 50+lb bags of dog food in boxes that were falling apart, by myself everyday because there was no one to help. You work 5 days a week which wouldn't be so bad if you weren't physically exhausted by the end of it. I was so exhausted from how hard I was pushed, that I was falling asleep on the floor with my little one while I was suppose to be taking care of her. It was a part time job with full time+++ exhaustion. What did it for me was I asked for help and one of the managers on the line with me REFUSED to call another manner in the floor to ask him to help me. My line was OVERFLOWING with  more... boxes (a common occurrence among most lines daily). Finally two people from the end of our line came down to help me. As soon as it was caught up, the other manger calls over the radio and tells the manger that refused to call for help to send me down to a different line to help someone else! I go there and this person want even backed up! He then sends me to another line with literally a pack of people. After that person is caught up, the manger walks neck with me to my original line and says if it's backed up, he'll stay and help me. My line was half full when I returned and the manger literally sorted 1 box before he walked away. I was left to clean up the mess again which ended up getting overfilled again. I did not return after that. I would seriously only recommend this job if you have no other options and you just need some kind of paycheck  less
Pros
Free Gatorade most of the time
Cons
Everything else
fast paced and competitive
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2018
A typical day at work was organizing boxes and sorting them. Also, made sure the semi trailer was clean and empty before we started loading. Management wouldn't get involved unless we had a question or needed help.
Pros
free gatorade
Cons
no lunch
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 16, 2018
It was good money for a temporary job , I mean I liked it but I wish I could of got a permanent position , the working environment cool & coworkers are nice also
Cons
Temporary
Waste of time
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs IowaOctober 15, 2018
Low pay. Low hours. Terrible management. If you’re looking to get paid to workout it’s the job for you. If you’re looking to support yourself or you’re family keep looking. You get paid every week. But if you are part time don’t expect more that $200. Advancement is nonexistent unless you’re best friends with management. Some of the managers are really cool though. But the others just talk down to you and chill in their heated and air conditioned offices.
Pros
Paid to workout. Get in great shape
Cons
Terrible pay. Short shifts. Brutal work
Run by Men
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Auburn, PaOctober 13, 2018
Terrible management. Not safe. They lie to you. They bully you. Management treats you like a slave. Women are treated differently, they are exploited if they are 40+. They try to make you quit if their numbers are low as the managers receive bonus's from our sweat and hard work. Women are rewarded with snide remarks especially if the woman is more productive than the male , males. They don't like that. Not one bit.
Pros
Free sanitary napkins and tampons for women
Cons
too many to mention all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about