FedEx Ground Warehouse Employee Reviews

Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Everything great fast paced work environment great pay good team work great work hours awesome work out team leads we're very acceptable and managers were awesome
Fun Workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2019
looking for a easy laid back job FedEx ground is where you need to be. The hours are lovely and so is the pay , work as many hours as you like . Pay starting from $12.50hr and up .
Pros
Discount on phones, rental apartments and much more
Cons
Get stressful when the belt speeds up
fedex ground
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2019
Fedex was a unique experience. working part time as a college student was very tough. The pay checks we received were not worth the time putting in at the job.
Pros
if you were recommended by someone you could move positions
Cons
very high rate and pace with no help, very low pay
Good
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 18, 2019
Good place to work. You will gain the essential skills and experience needed to advance yourself to the ideal and desired position you are looking to be in.
The fedex hub is good if you have no life or future.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2019
I’m just going to list out my biggest concerns with this job.

• the job I got was supposed to be part time and I would get in trouble for working part time. ( I could barely work 30 hours a week, I only had mondays off)
•I had a change of managers halfway through my time there, which was only 6 months.
•my manager took my money, I had to write down my time the last two months.
•safety! I hurt my hand and I had no one to turn to, my manager was not there and I had to run around with a bloody finger.
•I had to request time off if I was sick???? I don’t know when I’m going to be sick, it was also an issue if I had a doctors appointment. At one point I was told if I missed for the doctor it would come from my vacation time.
•only 1 thirty minute break but you’re doing complete physical labor nonstop? Not healthy.
•no uniform.
Pros
•pay •benefits and that’s it.
Cons
•management •the job overall.
Injured me and then denied the claim
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 17, 2019
I got a hernia while working at FedEx in Spring. They told me to go see my own doctor and I was put on light duty. They then had there lawyer or whatever call me and denied my claim. They will break you but not pay to fix it. Be careful.
Very poorly managed.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 16, 2019
This company is very poorly run and very poorly managed. Perhaps if those in corporate mngmnt would take time to visit the stations, they would see 1st hand what is really going on at FedX Ground in Montgomery Alabama.
Pros
Raises, health benefits for part-time employees
Cons
Shortage of hours, poorly managed, and poor working conditions
It was alright I guess.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJanuary 16, 2019
I liked working there it was just the fact that I was worrying about the mother of my child because she was close to giving birth to my daughter and I couldn’t have my phone with me while i was there working so I had to risk sneaking my phone with me but just to make sure she was alright.
Avoid if possible
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2019
Fedex is terrible to work for. the managers don't have a clue what is going on and you don't work enough hours to get benefits after a year. If you arent worthless you will have to carry your peer's slack even though they are paid the same. this is a last resort job for sure, as you will resent the company after a few days.
Pros
Cons
Difficult to qualify for benefits
Very dysfunctional and disorganized.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Northampton, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Not a fan. The management was very disorganized and the atmosphere is tends to be pretty stressed out on some days and too lax on others. Cutbacks were also the worst.
Pros
Lounge / break rooms.
Cons
Short breaks and inconsistent start time
You are worthless in the eyes of the company
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 15, 2019
If being treated like a human being matters to you, find other means of employment.
If you have a heart, apply else where.
if you have a heart and a brain DEFINITELY APPLY ELSEWHERE.
you don't deserve wasting away in this latrine.
Pros
weekly pay check
Cons
whats a break? corporate greed
Dont work here unless you have to.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJanuary 13, 2019
Absolute chaos. Would not recommend to anyone, unless your into that kind of stuff. Supervisors act like children, not professional what so ever, verbally abusive, cardboard and strapping everywhere.
Good
FedEx Stryker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2019
I like the job because I could come in and talk to people and not get in trouble for it unless I wasnt working. Also the environmental was great and always treated me good
Easy job poor management
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed my 2yr run. I became very impatient with the job seeing people who barely do basic work get advancements. It's more of a if you're friends with a popular manager you'll advance despite busting yourself full time and part. There's a lot of discrimination there. The pay was good .I was at a base $14.50 with a $2.50 holiday raise for the season. I stayed because I would be making $17 an hour. I can give hundreds of reasons why I quit but the main thing is poor management. They have no union so you can pretty much piece the experience. The managers are so bad the work piles into other areas.
Pros
The pay and the work is simple and easy
Cons
The management team
Friendly people
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 9, 2019
They like hard worker. Very detailed oriented. They notice hard worker and award hard workers. Very friendly people fun place to work they take notice of everyone.
Fast paced
FedEx Ground Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Have different time of of schedules to come in and work. The only bad thing is not many hours are given since its mostly part time job. This will be good for young adults.
Restrictive, Rushed, Overestimated
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 8, 2019
Not the best Management, many of them were more concerned with looking good so they could make it up to corporate instead of running an efficient warehouse where the workers felt useful and respected. Worst part was when things slowed down and they demanded work to be done where there was nothing to be worked on. Late shifts had to clean up after early shifts and early shifts hated that late shifts would complain about their laziness. Late shift was always pushed harder than early shift.
Pros
Workers within the shift are friendly and make the job less painful
Cons
Managers would hound workers to look busy despite little to no product, Late shift worked harder than early shift, mamangers preferred early shift workers to late shift workers
Pay Vs Your Overall Health & Body
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Keasbey, NJJanuary 6, 2019
This job is very physically demanding if you aren’t as quick as the managers want you to be your hours will be slashed and you’ll go home early, This is extremely unfair when you add in the bad management when I worked on my last day I can recall one manager that looked like Chris from the show “everybody hates Chris” this guy basically forced me to unload a full truck by myself before I was able to leave at this point I was part time and I was exceeding my part time hours by doing this last truck and I’m not complaining that this was unfair package handlers unload trucks all the time BUT this specific scenario was unacceptable this guy sees that the truck is filled with stuff that can’t go on the conveyor it’s “IC” term used for items that are incompadible with going on the conveyor these heavy items need to be picked up and moved out of the truck, I had absolutely no help the only help I received was at the very end when everyone was out the door and this ONE co worker decided to help me the manager stopped by and didn’t help instead was trying to cheer me on like “hey I know you did this whole thing by yourself and I couldn’t be damned to provide anyone to help you but come on you got this!” In this specific job you’re replaceable and the managers don’t bother showing that the lack of help the lack of respect and the overall selfish behavior they have towards package handlers is disgusting everyday id wake up feeling like someone hit my back with a sledgehammer but in reality I was only working a bottom tier job in fedex, by the time you reach the benefits mark your body  more... is going to end up having long term problems in the future even if you lift correctly items are placed in awkward positions to a point where you HAVE to lift with your back.  less
Pros
Weekly pay, benefits after straining your body, good pay
Cons
Horrible working conditions (dust, dirty trucks), horrible managers, horrible hours, rushed pace
Very fast paced place to be in the mornings.
HD (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHJanuary 4, 2019
I had a great time working with some of the folks here. When sent out with youoaded truck.. it's just you for the day witch is a very cool thing. As soon as your truck is empty so is your work day.
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
No paid days off or benefits when working for a contractor.
This job is pathetic
Stacker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 3, 2019
Not enough hours, not enough pay. Its like high school all over again. Perfect for high school students making summer money not for adults with adult bills.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.