FedEx Ground Warehouse Employee Reviews

Productive and fun warehouse and awesome enviroment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fedex wallingford ctNovember 21, 2017
How many taligent fast-working pace person and accurate loves to work Google give me a hundred percent to the job I would have work with your company just because I love working at warehouses
Fair
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHNovember 14, 2017
The seasonal work done at FEDEX was a fast pace environment, that you had to keep a steady pace to load and unload trucks to prepare for delivery of packages. The management team, needs to be more attentive to their employees and be willing to work with their team to improve momentum.
A learning experience
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  EarthNovember 13, 2017
~ Health is pretty disturbing after some time thinking about how gross we are. Sedentary creatures all hunched over. Injury is one tiny accident away, without a dedicated warm up. ~ The best way I can increase my performance at work is to get my body ready beforehand. Feels good. My co-workers should try it some time. ~ Old chutes are my only real complaint. boxes come down with such momentum, they slide off the side of the rollers. But most of the time, the chute is at just the wrong angle so every front edge of every box rests in the space between two rollers. Like this. O🔻O
Pros
Teaches that exercise is important and necessary.
Cons
It's cold during peak season. Nobody's fault.
Don't work at FedEx
Truck Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 13, 2017
FedEx is a hard working company where you get hurt easily and if you get hurt you get fired and that they don't care how old you are they will fire you
Fairly paced environment to work in.
Package Handler - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 12, 2017
Well layed out overview of the daily tasks. Just feel that there is a lack of commitment n communication with the management team and package handler.
Pros
Time goes by fast. Opportunity to make hours
Cons
No breaks
good job requires a lot of patience
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MONovember 5, 2017
a day a fedex is very unpredicatable. never know if you'll have enough employees, or working equipment. the work culture is I do what I want kind of environment to a degree. the most enjoyable part of the job is the characters you come across in the job. hardest part is dealing with the childish mentality.
I learned how to be patient, load a trailer, unload a trailer and why sending people off the clock a times is necessary.
Pros
tries to work with school schedule
Cons
scarce room for advancement
productive work place with hour lunch break
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2017
Fedex is a great place to work. It was never a hasel clocking in or clocking out. The employees was nice and pleasing to work with. The overall experience was geat.
High Energy
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAOctober 22, 2017
FedEx knows how to make repetition enjoyable. Even though I did the same thing day in and day out at work, everyday that I came to work it felt like a different job.
Not what a work place should be.
Splitter (Former Employee) –  St. Rose, LAOctober 19, 2017
This place is horrible. They have favorite people they give hours too, and the managers proposition the female employees on the daily basic and keep it hush, hush. I like it at first, but when you got to know the managers, they only favorite certain people. I would never work at a place like that again.
do not reccomend
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 14, 2017
Worst place I have ever worked. Would never return or tell others to apply. Horrible management , extremely rude managers however HR is helpful as can be
Pros
great body work out
Cons
horrible managers, no communication
Be in Prime Physical Condition or dont Bother.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2017
I applied for this job to have a good home/work balance make a little money and get myself into better shape, I am by no means unable to do manual labor. A lot of the tasks in this Job will directly hurt your back no matter how you go about performing the tasks, during the first 3-5 days I was having difficulties walking and was in immense pain. After requesting from management to move me to a less back-breaking role within the warehouse they obliged but I was basically given the in a week you will be on the chopping block for being "unhealthy" pep talk from the boss and given the amount of daily pain I was in from just 4-5 hours per day of work I was done.
Pros
Early Morning Hours before Rush Hour
Cons
You will be in constant pain.
If you are strong and think of it as a workout, you'll be fine.
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXOctober 8, 2017
If you are a package handler, it really depends on your sort manager.

Some can be pushy and talk to you in a demeaning way; I'd recommend asking to change sort managers.

Luckily for me my sort manager knew how to talk to people and ask for things to be done in a polite way which did not add any unnecessary mental stress to the already high physical stress.

I recommend learning trigger point therapy and massage and ice baths, also get yourself some gloves.
Pros
You can make your own hours, no micromanagement, friendly co-workers
Cons
Unsafe; expect bruises, some managers are not polite
Not for me
Commercial Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 7, 2017
I applied at fedex as a second job. Hours was great the pay was ok for a second job. I really wanted to stay with fedex, I like the fact that you get a weekly pay, the manager and the coworkers was cool but the entire security staff was unprofessional. However the job was not safe!! Honestly FedEx would be a ok company to work for if they pair two people to a truck, update and fix their equipment, they will make their numbers daily. If they don't update their policies fedex ground will always have a high turn over,
Pros
Coworkers, manager, and weekly pay
Cons
Bad equipment, unsafe enviroment, one person to a truck
Productive and simple work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 5, 2017
A typical work day includes clocking in with your work badge, and simply walking to your work station.On the job training is easy to grasp and coworkers and managers have plenty of patience for new workers. Workplace is clean and active with work, so you'll never be board. Hardest part of the job is just the heavy lifting(40+ lbs), but the most enjoyable part of the job is how fast the time goes by! Honestly, time( and packages) fly's at FedEx.
Pros
Amazing managers, great work team.
Cons
Closed campus for lunch(cant leave property)
I was not prepared at all.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 4, 2017
On my first day I was supposed to be in training but I was alone. The second day I was alone once again but had to do 2 trucks at the same time. My entire body ached and worst of all I experienced terrible chest pains my entire 3 hour shift. Boxes constantly coming at you and if you try to stop them to get your self caught up . you get even more behind.. My foot was almost crushed by a refrigerator. I was constantly getting pinned by a cascade of boxes coming into the truck as I was trying to load them. This job just wasn't for me.
Cons
no breaks, inadequate training
Awful experience
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJOctober 3, 2017
I was not prepared for what I was in store for. I knew it was going to be physical but I didn't expect it to be very dangerous as well. You were thrown on a huge hot truck that you had to fill and scan from back to front and bottom to top. Usually took about 2 hours. No breaks. And then thrown on another truck right after to do the same thing over. Very fast paced because they time how long it takes you to scan. Did I mention no breaks? They do provide free water because if they didn't people would pass out. I was left by myself at times with hundreds of boxes being shot down from a chute above me. I almost got taken out by a 70 pound trampoline box. And through all this the pay is terrible. I came home with bruises all over my body. If you are a gluten for punishment this is the job for you.
Pros
Workout. No need for the gym
Cons
Everything else.
Poor management... Surprisingly things got done.
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Salem, OregonSeptember 29, 2017
Can't state enough the lack of competent management. There's absolutely no consideration for job performance or experience in possible advancement. Only time your talked to is if you make a mistake, but nothing about the 1,000 straight days you went without one.
Cons
Poor management... Rampant favoritism
Not much too complain about...wasn't for me though
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Grimes, IowaSeptember 29, 2017
Worked there about a total of three months. It can be absolutely brutal; hard, back-breaking labor at 5am...still half asleep. Tedious, mind-numbing work. If you load...some of the drivers too can be kind of dickish. Some of my coworkers would get on my nerves too; thats just because i never got much sleep...and absolutley not a morning person. Aside from that, pay is slightly above average. Benefits are pretty nice...especially school tution. Never really had problems with management; everyone was fairly efficent and reasonable. One thing id say though is their policy on calling in is a bit too harsh in my opinion. Overall though...its not a bad place to work. Its a tough job...and wasnt really for me. But its okay pay, fair and reasonable management, plenty of free time...and you definitley get exactly what you signed up for. No bs.
Pros
Pay, benefits, good management, lots of time off
Cons
No breaks, exhausting and tedious, strict call-in policies
Get Ready to Sweat
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Possible the hardest job Ive ever worked. Everyday I walked out of the warehouse dretched in sweat. New building , new management new systems, new staff, OLD SCANNERS.
If you want full time you basically stick around and work the next shift and hopefully get close to 5-8hrs for the day
Pros
75% shipping Discounts
Cons
new management learning to work together.
They're Okay
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 28, 2017
I really did not like this job. There were some benefits from it, but I really did not get along with my managers. They were sometimes really mean and pushy.

I would recommend this job if you can take being pushed around some times
Pros
Having paid time off
Cons
Management is brutal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.