FedEx Ground Warehouse Employee Reviews

This is not a good place to work at
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mossy Head, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Its not for the average Joe. Very strenuous and a lot of heavy lifting. during peak season we get no help. On night shift we had a crew of 5 to do the same amount of work if not more the morning shift does with a crew of 20+
productive
Loader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2018
not enough hours in the week to survive on. Another job needed to pay bills.hours to begin work were erratic. However management was great at their job and communicating with employees.
awesome company
Fed Ex (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2018
great benefits. hard work but a very understanding staff. if you arent equipped to move heavy boxes then dont go here. i liked it because i needed more time at home with my kids.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
not enough hours
Difficult
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
If you are not good in a fast paced, hot, warehouse setting this isn't the job. I have had some decent managers here but my most recent one isn't my favorite. For this type of work in this type of setting the pay is little to none. I work the 2am-8am shift which isn't bad but isn't all good because there's really no guidance just a bunch of 26 year olds with a little authority.
Not terrible but definitely frusterating
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 6, 2018
As a part time worker hours are terrible, you mostly work 6 days a week for 2-3 hours a day, paychecks aren't great and frustrating getting thrown into trailers backed up so far you cant see the end. All they care about is numbers and nobody really cares about the employees and how they feel. No music allowed so you're loading boxes by yourself in a trailer all shift, and once you're caught up they throw you in a backed up trailer just to restart over again. No communication besides "go to this trailer now".
Pros
Good benefits once you get them
Cons
Short hours, 5-6 days a week, not the best paychecks
Great atmoshphere for upward mobility
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
Fed Ex Ground is a wonderful Agency to be employed with for both part-time or full-time work. The hours and shifts are extremely flexible and quite often their is much overtime that can be made, it simply depends on how much overtime the person wants to make and if they are willing to work differing shifts. The pay increases are every six months and the work and employment with Fed Ex Ground is dependable.
Pros
pay increases every six months
Cons
work load can be challenging at times
Ok job but definitely not worth it
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 6, 2018
The job is ok but I most definitely would not tell anyone to come work there. I have a second job and these idiots won’t even try to work with my other job schedule
Good hard working empplyees lead by poor management
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Worked there for 3 years and management was a problem. Nothing but drama and don't bother with HR they won't do anything to help your situation. Poor place to work at. You like working at a circus then be my guest, nothing but clowns
Pros
Great employess, benefits
Cons
A stepping stone at best
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2018
I've worked for these people for about 2 months and at first it was cool I met some decent folks. However the supervisors play favorites that alone will test your patiences
Pros
Decent pay for part time work
Cons
Not enough help, supervisors play favorites
Hard environment
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 5, 2018
It can be very challenging , fast-paced , learned to be a well communicator , managment very poorly , opportunity for lots of hours , lots of give aways
Pros
Constantly free give aways, provide good water bottle material, good benefits
Cons
No breaks for part timers, poor organization
Great for a seasonal job if safety isnt a major concern for you
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 4, 2018
Very unsafe conditions. Management doesn't communicate well with the employees safety is a huge concern in my opinion when it comes to this company. Work us very overwhelming in certain positons.
Pros
Insurance benefits
FedEx
Inbound Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHAugust 30, 2018
It’s a really nice job to work at it’s just you get over worked and not paid enough and your not actually working you full hours , you can barely get by with 200 dollars or less a week is not worth it.
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 28, 2018
Love working this job I was just sort of first then I went to in loading and unloading trucks I love the fast pace working keep you on your feet a wonderful place to work
It is what you make of it
FT Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCAugust 25, 2018
Fedex is a company that your going to "love it or hate it"; now individuals in my area have very mixed feelings about the company but let me say this about being a package handler

- Bruises and Contusions are a natural part of the job and will heal over time (as I have been told by numerous individuals)

- Some managers are there just for the paycheck and expect too much out of their part-time staff; however it is YOUR right as a worker to take matters up with the "Safety" commission in your particular factory or with "HR"

- Numbers will come once you become consistent; Priming will almost always help you grow accustomed to the role not to mention it shows the manager you are "invested" in succeeding and they will almost always accommodate you if you show that this isn't just another job to you

- There will always be other co-workers who don't see this review or their job as a "success" but one thing that you need to remember is that this job is a integral part of the overall success of our country's markets (Both E-commerce and traditional) we are handling your packages; your boxes; inventory from the biggest to the smallest and in order to truly be successful you must communicate and demonstrate a firm grasp of self-confidence.

- Promotions are always there but most "Internal" positions are 6 months or more before you can be considered for them "Trainers, Switchers, Etc" however the possibilities for FT package handlers are on a "as needed" basis or so most say but in my location it is always welcomed.

- Shifts are normally Sunrise, Day, Twilight
  more... and Midnight and honestly the company does a decent job to try to make shifts about 3 hours and 30 minutes each with about an hour or so between shifts

- Food is a optional yet welcomed addition managers will feed and provide drinks on occasion.

- Rates for most factories are either 350 scan rate for loaders (after 3 weeks) and 1049 boxes an hour ( for unloaders) (one box every 3 seconds) however as stated before a "quality" manager will work with you to get the numbers up and running.

This role is brutal on your body ( I got purple marks and I wake up sore most days but it gets better. If you stick with this role and want to climb up you only need to make the right connections with others and you will find yourself where you want to be.

Yes, the turnover rate is high in fedex; however its one of the few companies that encourages couples to work together (in different departments) but if you give it chance you will find they can be a great source of strength when you feel down and pick you up and help you get back on your feet.

I personally got dehydrated my first day because I was assigned the wrong manager and Fedex was accommodating while I waited 1 1/2 weeks to get my doctor's note stating I was ready to go back to work; and since then I kept being asked to become full time. So while I have been employed with Fedex close to a month and worked a solid 2 weeks … I can certainly say it may pay 11.20 an hour to start but I cant stress this enough Communication and Dedication is vital to your success at fedex.

A word of caution; do not let others sway you from not joining this organization and furthermore lead you to other opportunities; while your choice Is your own; you are the only one to meld your future.
Pros
Opportunities Plentiful; Deep Retail Discounts; Swag; Mostly Dedicated Teammates/managers
Cons
Coworkers bring drama to the workplace; Short staffed due to unwillingness to do the job
its ok
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 24, 2018
easy to get hired, you aren't micro-managed which is fantastic. A lot of different levels and areas to work at there and you can sometimes be able to switch departments.
Ex Package handler
Ex package handler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 18, 2018
I worked as a package handler in the Charlotte , NC ground hub. I as a woman felt like I was working in a environment of unprofessional management. Managers who are involved having relationships with package handlers showing favoritism and texting inappropriate content to staff members. The company needs to do a investigation.
I worked my butt off and felt like I wasn't going to go anywhere in the company. Some managers take there job serious and others are clowns.
Awsome work place
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 18, 2018
Loved working there just wasn't enough hours . Also you better not have nothing your doing in the evening time if you do don't apply. Now during the holiday season you get good hours its hard work sometimes . A lot of bending
Pros
Loved the staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Hard, Stressful and Tiring
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILAugust 18, 2018
I worked there for about a month before I decided to throw in the towel. It was very hard for me because the managers and everyone depended on you individually to fill a truck and not be behind at all times. They expect you to be at a 300-350 load rate after the third week or so.. it’s very hard to reach that peak of load rate because the way they have you load trucks doesn’t allow you to load that fast. The belly (bottom of the trucks) takes longer to load as all the packages do not get down to you as there are many jams, etc so you have to get up climb out of the bottom and stop the jam that constantly happens throughout the sort... it’s very annoying when you are trying to do your work at a fast pace. The management there isn’t the best but they are understanding and aren’t rude or anything. If you need to take a day off you have three per calendar month. The pay was too low for the amount of work they had you do yourself. I would understand the pay if they had you with a partner in the truck but they don’t. They’re under staffed so hence the high turn over rate in this company. It’s because they put too much onto your back to handle. Another thing is the body pain you will go through. It’s not worth it for this pay. You will be sore and won’t feel like going the next day. Sure the first couple of weeks will be alright but soon enough they’ll depend on you to do it all on your own. You will feel like you’re working 45+ hour weeks but in reality it’s 20-22 a week. For what 200$? And some severe body pain and aches that you’ll have a weekend to get over it all and be ready  more... to go again? Overall it’s a horrible job and it’s not worth it all. Go for it if you think you can go through the hard work and it all but be aware you’ll be under paid for what they depend on you to do. Also be prepared for peak season as it will just be 10X worse than the normal sorts. The people I worked with were very nice.
TDLR : HORRIBLE pay rate, TOO MUCH work they depend on you to do on your own, VERY tiring and so much body aches,
The only pros are weekly pay.
Pros
Weekly pay.
Cons
No breaks (only for water and bathroom), Understaffed, Too much work for one individual, Very tiring on the body, Short hours but it feels like you’ve been working 40+ hours, Horrible managment, And terrible pay for the ammount of work they have you do. Should at least be 15$
Lied to from the start!
Inbound Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 17, 2018
So when I first read the ad for this job, it promised a pay rate of $17.40 per hour, with benefits being available from day one. That was a lie. Upon attending my orientation, I was told it will be 2 years before benefits are available to me, since we would not be working hardly any hours, and that the rate of pay was only $9.40. That's a huge difference, and one of the other people I attended orientation with was promised $15.40 per hour, and was told they would only receive $9.40 per hour at orientation as well. Nothing in the ad was true, as as of right now (08/17/2018), there is a new post, posted yesterday saying $11.70 per hour for the same job. Why do they keep changing the amounts, and why do they lie, and tell everyone only $9.40 per hour upon arrival? Because NO ONE would apply otherwise. All in all, I would score this company a -100/10. That's how badly they flubbed this one.
Pros
Plenty of time at home, as not many hours.
Cons
Lied to, no hours, and management is out of their minds for the quota amounts per hour.
Your body will hurt & the money is barely worth it
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 16, 2018
I have been working there for a few weeks and i dont like it. there is no air or heat, they didn't have cups last night for the warm water they offer and everyone is mean. the workers are rude and the management is like the "cool kids crew" in high school, dont do much but always criticizing.
going into this job i knew it was a warehouse environment and i was ready to work.. but the conditions we work are not acceptable considering FEDEX is a major company. This is the fourth warehouse i have worked for and it is defiantly THE WORST. I am working because i wanted a part night job for my nights off but im thinking about leaving and trying a temp agency because with the work andf conditions i think i would be happier working somewhere i dont have an obligation to.
Pros
they give you a waterbottle when you get hired.
Cons
no growth, not garenteed hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.