FedEx Ground Warehouse Employee Reviews

Fedex is a very good company to work for
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJuly 9, 2018
It is the very good company to work for. The manager cares about you all the time and the safety team too. If you work suday the managers give you water and food
Pros
Very nice mangers
managers are children
package handler, QA, sorter (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHJuly 8, 2018
FedEx really needs to work on the managers actually earning their jobs instead of a popularity contest. All of the managers here that I have worked under could have been more involved with their actual jobs instead of just hanging out like they were at a social event. It's very physical and hot in the summer, but just don't be lazy. You'll be able to handle it if you just try. The less you do, the more someone else has to do to pick up your slack.
The better you are, the more hours you get, the more workload they force you to do.
Pros
constantly busy if you try to be
Cons
childish management, lazy coworkers, no advancement, lots more
Fun workplace and good exercise aswell
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CAJuly 7, 2018
You just don’t know how your night might be ither heavy or light but I was always ready for whatever comes my way. Learned how to scan/ label and unload packages . Managers were pretty correspondent.
Pros
They would make a bbq for us as a reward
Cons
Short hours of work
Good workplace
Dallas, TX (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2018
Very good and outgoing managers have to be at your shift early than expected making sure you doing your task correctly work great with people and customers great communication hard work and deviation very successful supervision
Working and motivative work area
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILJuly 6, 2018
At FedEx grounds, you are met at the door by nice very social and respectful security guards. Pass through them you wall through a giant fence to view the building which is an nice well put-together building. You go through double doors, clock in/clock out and your day is started at work.
Pros
Pay and benefits are great
Cons
Breaks, supervisors
Not too bad of a place to work honestly
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 5, 2018
Honestly just started here and I actually don’t mind it and I thought it would’ve been worse work than what it really was. With me being a female, I thought I wouldn’t have really liked being here when I had heard from the grapevine it was extremely hard work and very physical. Depending on the area you work in, it’s not too bad. I work in the “local” area helping with loading pallets to help the local drivers deliver their packages for the day. It’s very fast paced but by the time it’s over, it’s already time to leave.
Pros
People you work with, pay, fast paced, time goes by fast, training seminars
Cons
Morning and night shifts only, wish there was more hours given
A good “in between” job
Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 4, 2018
I wouldn't recommend working here if you expect or seek higher promotions but it’s decent for simple employment but beyond that it never felt like I or anyone else there had a chance at doing more at this job other then becoming a driver for the hub
Pros
Pays well and simple busy work
Cons
Not much directions and unpaid overtime
Worked you like dogs and dont care
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 3, 2018
They work you hard and give you false hope of being able to advance and then gather everyone in a room and force you to quit or be fired because they hired too many people.
Pros
Casual Dresscode
Cons
They lie, Expect you to work like a robot, Don't care about you
Not a good place
Program Computers (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 3, 2018
They dont care about there employees. Working us 7 days a week for months straight. And temps get laid off after fed season is over. And they want let u move up I know people who have been there years. And the company want let them move up in any fashion.
Pros
Learning computer skills
Cons
The over time is redicouls no home time for family and if you miss they wright you up.
productive
FedEx Package Handler/ Jumper (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 2, 2018
Get to the warehouse, start to take the packages off the belt, scan them to the right truck.Then load load the truck up in the right order stop y stop. Then i help the driver deliver the pakages
Not a good place to work
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 1, 2018
Don't waste your time unless u are 20 or younger with no responsibility. The hours suck!!! At the beginning of week u will start of at 5 hours and as the week goes on. Hours get less and less. I live 20 minutes from the location in Austell, only to work 2 to 2 1/2 hours sometimes 3. Day sort schedule is supposed to be Mon-Friday 12:30-4:30, but are not consistent with the schedule. I am currently looking for another place to work as of right now. No one asks if u would want to take a break, going through security is a hassle, most of the time if u get backed up on loading a truck, u will not get any help. I will be the only one loading a truck, and management is terrible. As soon as I find something else, I'm out of there!!!
Pros
Paid every week.
Cons
Too many
Fed Ex Ground Hub
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 30, 2018
This job made me miserable every day I was there. The work is awful and the managers are hit and miss. Promotion to manager is based more on popularity than actual merit.
Pros
They have good benefits.
Cons
Everything else
Back-breaking work with no breaks
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 29, 2018
At the warehouse I was employed at, we never received breaks regardless of the amount of hours we worked. Many times we worked 8-10 hours in 90 degree weather. The job is extremely physical and required constant bending over and lifting. It doesn't matter if you are in excellent shape; your back will be killing you. Because FedEx is often short-staffed due to the high turnover rate, it is common that you may be required to go back and forth between two busy trailers single-handedly. Also, you will get stuck in the worst spots regardless of your work ethic or the amount of time you have worked there. On the other hand, the pay is decent for a part-time job. In addition, the outbound shift time is good if you are a student.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No breaks, temperature, too physical
Fast-pace, excellent people to work with, clean environment
Safety Trainer (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 26, 2018
Busy 8hrs days, work duties and plans were in order. Hard-working team. It was easy to get along with people, a lot of young workers and good relationships. I learned a lot about the internal process of the company and how its grows and give their customers 100% satisfaction.
Worst company to work for ever in Athens
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 25, 2018
If you ever leave they won’t give you your last pay check and they lie about the hours. Slaves you for no pay. You get no breaks no lunch you basically just work
Management is a joke
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Barrington, NJJune 21, 2018
Mangers are a joke. Decisions being made are in no way to benefit the package handler. There is no consequences for people that do not show up to work, or are unable to do their work. Instead, they force the work upon others, with no compensation. There is also no respect shown, as some managers are rude, and only looking to benefit themselves. Also, if you display that you can handle the work load well, they will just pile more to you, and let others stand around and do nothing. This job should be a last resort for people searching. It really is not worth your time or effort.
fun working there no hour and place far away need a car
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 21, 2018
I had fun learn a lot being here the hours not to live on waste of my money on the train to get here for 3 hour to work love working with other and helping out
Pros
free water and ice
Cons
get award for good performace
Competitive and Fast Pace
FedEx Package Handler+ (Former Employee) –  Hutchins, TXJune 18, 2018
In my opinion, FedEx is a great company. At times things can be really difficult, but the outcomes are always the best. The most enjoyable part of the job is, being able to interact with others.
Working at Fedex ground
Package Handler/Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY - Orlando, FLJune 17, 2018
Working at Fedex gave me so many experience in my life , help me understand how to work with others , the feeling to be open minded to all situation , to all my fellow employees. Fedex ground may be a rough job but it is one of the best jobs a person who’s looking for extra money or wants to make it a career.
Managers
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 17, 2018
Worcester, MA is the only one I can comment on.

Micro management, hostile environment.
Management embaresess employees in front of everyone.
Extremely Hostile.
No breaks allowed during the 5 hour period.
Managers take breaks
I've been unable to get access to the company computer to do important personal things. I'm always blown off about it.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, ridiculed or called out in front of everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.