FedEx Ground Warehouse Employee Reviews

Fedex just uses people
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 22, 2019
Here is another company that tells you they are about one thing but prove to be about another. All they do is use people, DON'T WORK HERE. You will be used and when you are not needed you will be dismissed. Just look at their rating, it's like a three. Just another place that cares about moving the product more than treating people fairly and helping them out.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything else
Friendly
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2019
They was friendy and understanding. there pay was good but they didnt have that much hours. But over all i liked the job. I also liked that they let you approve your self.
Never work in a Fedex warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJanuary 22, 2019
Anyone would think that working for Fedex is a cool thing since they’re so big BUT beware of the warehouse job. I too felt like what a great company to work for, even to just get my foot in the door or start from the bottom. All I have to say is “DON’T DO IT”! I lasted less than 2 weeks and quit due to the physical bruises. I even took pictures of my body, looked like a leopard with spots, not to mention the pain. So “buyer beware” so to speak! That’s the best I can say to warn the young and the old trying to get into the company. Oh and the pay was $13.50 an hour, hours were the graveyard shift...2:30am-6:30am or at times only 3 hours of work. The supervisor would just send you home when she saw the conveyer belt mostly empty. I worked so hard and as fast as physically possible, it was a complete workout, had to have a towel around my neck for all the sweat. One day the supervisor decided to tell me, “that I needed to step it up and move faster”, was the day I told myself “really?” I guess I wasn’t appreciated and that wasn’t the right thing to say to me with all the sweat I had left behind everyday. So that was it for me! Good luck!
Pros
Can where gym clothes
Too much changing around
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Hutchins, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Peak season is over with and still force people to work on Sundays full-time and writing people up . And forcing new rules like no food at working section anymore to snack on between breaks. I will not recommend the Hutchins,Tx location.
Benefits
Cons
Rules and working on Sundays all day
Promote Actual Good Workers
Package Handler Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VAJanuary 21, 2019
I have been working at FedEx Ground for a year, and have been told I would be a good fit for an ops manager position, but each time I have interviewed I have been told that it was a tie between me and the other candidate and they decided to choose the other candidate. As a good package handler you are treated like dirt and expected to pick up the bad work ethic of other co workers. This company rewards laziness.
Pros
Good benefits, decent salary, good dock managers
Cons
Hard work, poor upper management
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Everything great fast paced work environment great pay good team work great work hours awesome work out team leads we're very acceptable and managers were awesome
Fun Workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2019
looking for a easy laid back job FedEx ground is where you need to be. The hours are lovely and so is the pay , work as many hours as you like . Pay starting from $12.50hr and up .
Pros
Discount on phones, rental apartments and much more
Cons
Get stressful when the belt speeds up
fedex ground
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2019
Fedex was a unique experience. working part time as a college student was very tough. The pay checks we received were not worth the time putting in at the job.
Pros
if you were recommended by someone you could move positions
Cons
very high rate and pace with no help, very low pay
Good
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 18, 2019
Good place to work. You will gain the essential skills and experience needed to advance yourself to the ideal and desired position you are looking to be in.
The fedex hub is good if you have no life or future.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2019
I’m just going to list out my biggest concerns with this job.

• the job I got was supposed to be part time and I would get in trouble for working part time. ( I could barely work 30 hours a week, I only had mondays off)
•I had a change of managers halfway through my time there, which was only 6 months.
•my manager took my money, I had to write down my time the last two months.
•safety! I hurt my hand and I had no one to turn to, my manager was not there and I had to run around with a bloody finger.
•I had to request time off if I was sick???? I don’t know when I’m going to be sick, it was also an issue if I had a doctors appointment. At one point I was told if I missed for the doctor it would come from my vacation time.
•only 1 thirty minute break but you’re doing complete physical labor nonstop? Not healthy.
•no uniform.
Pros
•pay •benefits and that’s it.
Cons
•management •the job overall.
Injured me and then denied the claim
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 17, 2019
I got a hernia while working at FedEx in Spring. They told me to go see my own doctor and I was put on light duty. They then had there lawyer or whatever call me and denied my claim. They will break you but not pay to fix it. Be careful.
Very poorly managed.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 16, 2019
This company is very poorly run and very poorly managed. Perhaps if those in corporate mngmnt would take time to visit the stations, they would see 1st hand what is really going on at FedX Ground in Montgomery Alabama.
Pros
Raises, health benefits for part-time employees
Cons
Shortage of hours, poorly managed, and poor working conditions
It was alright I guess.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJanuary 16, 2019
I liked working there it was just the fact that I was worrying about the mother of my child because she was close to giving birth to my daughter and I couldn’t have my phone with me while i was there working so I had to risk sneaking my phone with me but just to make sure she was alright.
Avoid if possible
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2019
Fedex is terrible to work for. the managers don't have a clue what is going on and you don't work enough hours to get benefits after a year. If you arent worthless you will have to carry your peer's slack even though they are paid the same. this is a last resort job for sure, as you will resent the company after a few days.
Pros
Cons
Difficult to qualify for benefits
Very dysfunctional and disorganized.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Northampton, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Not a fan. The management was very disorganized and the atmosphere is tends to be pretty stressed out on some days and too lax on others. Cutbacks were also the worst.
Pros
Lounge / break rooms.
Cons
Short breaks and inconsistent start time
You are worthless in the eyes of the company
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 15, 2019
If being treated like a human being matters to you, find other means of employment.
If you have a heart, apply else where.
if you have a heart and a brain DEFINITELY APPLY ELSEWHERE.
you don't deserve wasting away in this latrine.
Pros
weekly pay check
Cons
whats a break? corporate greed
Dont work here unless you have to.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJanuary 13, 2019
Absolute chaos. Would not recommend to anyone, unless your into that kind of stuff. Supervisors act like children, not professional what so ever, verbally abusive, cardboard and strapping everywhere.
Good
FedEx Stryker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2019
I like the job because I could come in and talk to people and not get in trouble for it unless I wasnt working. Also the environmental was great and always treated me good
Easy job poor management
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed my 2yr run. I became very impatient with the job seeing people who barely do basic work get advancements. It's more of a if you're friends with a popular manager you'll advance despite busting yourself full time and part. There's a lot of discrimination there. The pay was good .I was at a base $14.50 with a $2.50 holiday raise for the season. I stayed because I would be making $17 an hour. I can give hundreds of reasons why I quit but the main thing is poor management. They have no union so you can pretty much piece the experience. The managers are so bad the work piles into other areas.
Pros
The pay and the work is simple and easy
Cons
The management team
Friendly people
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 9, 2019
They like hard worker. Very detailed oriented. They notice hard worker and award hard workers. Very friendly people fun place to work they take notice of everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.