FedEx Ground

FedEx Ground Employee Reviews

Found 8,794 reviews matching the search
Very stressful
This job has great career opportunities in the long run. Very stressful when the belt is moving fast and during peak season. Heavy boxes with no help can be annoying sometimes
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low hours
Fedex ground
Went from package handler to becoming a package handler trainer
There was always something new to learn everyday

I enjoyed being a trainer showing all new package handlers what i knew
The job is very stressful, and fast paced
That job was very hard and very stressful. The hardest part id say is when all the items that need to be loaded on the truck, they start coming fast, and you have to place them fast before it plies up on you, while managers walk around, and then your elbows and knees usually get scuffed up etc. The job is very fast paced
Great
This is a good company to work for. Good pay and benefits and they have steady work. I enjoyed being able to be home every night. I would recommend this company
Best job
Good people to work with and plenty of movement horizontal to vertical. It is a labor intensive fast pace work environment. Customer service is critical and their main success of the company.
Pros
Labor intensive and great work environment
Cons
Working and very cold or hot weather conditions
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The most hard working part of the job
Fast-paced environment I have experienced and it's nerve-wrecking at some point when you don't reach the deadline of the time prior to ending your shift.
Pros
Not much pros in the warehouse.
Cons
Go for your own breaks at your own risk and no lunch breaks.
Package Handler
Loading and unloading of merchandise and package sent through Fedex. Job culture was extremely fast passed and the requirements had to be met on day to day operations.
N/a
N/A none N/A N/A N/A I really hated that job will never go back or tell anyone about it period it’s a waste of time 6 days a week at 14 dollars and hour an 2 hrs a day that sucks I prefer full shift with set hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FedEx Ground?
Review
Entry level management position in the company, I believed it was a good starting point to learn about the company. Instead I found out that this particular position had a heavy gender bias regarding males in the position. It was referenced multiple times that it was mostly women and that I needed to move to a package handler position to be respected. Even though I unloaded and loaded trucks like everyone else
I liked the work because it was like a 4 hour workout
As the title states, I liked the work because I could use it as a 4 hour work out. I won't say that I didn't have some good moments at Fedex Ground, however, the bad moments far exceed the good.
Fedex
FedEx wasn't bad, my coworkers were the most issue. But I was on the side, I was most comfortable with. But if I got moved to another side and the workers seen that I could actually work then they would run me through the ground.
Staff are uniquely unqualified to make any decision about facilities or material handling maintenance
If you’re seeking a material handling maintenance position, you might be better off looking elsewhere like Amazon. Package handler don’t get to work full time typically and work awful hours.
Pros
I can’t think of any.
Cons
7 day service coming and they can’t find staff. Poor maintenance.
Hard working
Great place to work hrs was good had overtime and paid time off will always go back great leads and flexibility with hrs provided training learning new equipment
A typical day at fed ex is the time you do come in there's different shift early or later which is good if you have another job ,school or life the work is fast pace but good working here is the best
Cons
The company itself is great
Company is great benefits are great but the management in our company suck at the time also the way they position their workers didn’t make sense had some petite young girls struggling unloading trailers and had strong men scanning boxes do to favoritism
Hardest part of the job
The hardest part about working at fed ex is during peak season it’s very busy because it’s during the Holiday season. The work volume is very high so you have to be mentally and physically able to keep up with the volume of work.
Good Job
It's a good resume builder, or a good way to make some extra money, but definitely not a career choice for me. There was a lot of great people, and the schedule is fairly flexible. GREAT benefits however.
Dont
No no no I would not recommend this job to anyone looking for a career!Hey does not equal the amount of the workload! Would not recommend If you were serious about a career. There is no weight limit on the packages so you can only imagine The weight on some packages you are responsible to deliver.
Only good for short term
The managers break your back at this job then still give you more and complain why your not moving fast enough with no help. I on two separate occasions because of managers ignorance almost got pinned under packages when they let the shoot down without warning. my trainer got mad at me and didnt yell heads up and almost crushed my foot. bruised all my toes. Not a professional place to work. its a short term job at best. pay is decent but the job sucks because the equipment and mangers suck.
It’s was for part time and okay for younger candidates.
I needed work and they had availability for part time work. The only work available was for packing and unloading the trucks. The shipping department has a large turnover of employees. It’s fast paced work. In the Arizona heat. Part time is usually 3 to 4 hours a day.
Pros
Cons
Location, transportation was limited in Phoenix. The heat didn’t help.
No complaints
Awesome environment & people in New castle, Delaware. I can talk to managers as well as employees. I feel comfortable in the work environment & everyone always come in with good spirits.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5K
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight