FedEx Ground

FedEx Ground Employee Reviews

United States18,002 reviews

Found 18,002 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,455 reviews
packagehandlergrindtruckloadinglifttrailerbox

Good pay no time for your life

Working 6 days a week sucks. Especially when the job is physical. I loved working alone though an after i learned my route i started getting off at a great time. I just feel like having more time for your personal life is needed. hope and pray you don’t get a bad route. If you don’t like driving in ALL weather conditions don’t apply.

Pros

Pay, work alone, good workout

Cons

No benefits, not enough personal time, have to drive in snow

To much work for one person

Company expects to get by with very few employees which makes the ones there work extremely hard and it’s easy to get burned out. I worked there for over 10 years and it never changed

FedEx Ground insights

Based on 25,177 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun place just not for a long time

great for a warehouse experience, after a while they will hire so many new people that eventually you will need to find another job. needs higher pay

Ambiente de trabajo divertido

El pago no va a en relación al trabajo que se tiene que hacer

Straightforward workplace

The company is very strict about your work ethic so you must be on point at all times. The work is worth the pay to a certain extent but very tuff.

great workout

i worked for a contractor of fedex ground and it’s a good job in my opinion. a great workout especially in the summer time. pay could be better for the amount of heavy lifting you have to do. peak season is a nightmare though, but that’s usually when they need drivers the most.

Okay place to work

Worked at FedEx Ground when I was 20. Job was simple. Shifts were about 3-4 hours. Stack boxes in a truck and do it at the standard pace. Very hot inside trailers.

Too many Chiefs nor enough Indians

Management structure needs major upgrades as there are too many telling you what to do . Also rules change based on the mindset of that day. No consistency

What is the best part of working at the company?The people.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Time constraints.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Fine, you do your best, and that's all that is expected.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Fast pace, energy driven.

Fun but physically demanding

Packages continuously move down belt with little to no break. Managers are really nice and helpful. Can be a fun work environment with right mindset.

You are guaranteed a blown out back here

If you enjoy unloading tires off a moving conveyor belt and other items that weigh more than 50 pds,from conveyor to 6 ft drop to floor,this is a job you can't pass up.

Pros

After unloading heavy, products, you get to carry them to a pallet 10 to 16 ft away.

Cons

If you want a work injury this place is #1

Good place to work decent pay

Good place and good pay but to far for my truck to travel that far the other reason for looking for another job is I'd rather do mechanical work or a heavy machine operator I'm also a welder

It's just a job

It's a very good workout if that is what you are looking for. Management has a lot to be desired. Unless you are fresh out of high school, I would look elsewhere.

Stressful workplace

The job itself is not hard. It’s very physical and taxing on your body. The communication and trainers/management at certain areas of this location are awful. They tell you one thing and then you find out that what they told you is not true. When you confront them to ask, all you get is an oh well, now you know. This location is so mismanaged it isn’t funny.

Not for the weak

This place is like high school all over again they have favorite workers that they will promote this job isn’t for the weak it’s only part time and they really don’t care for there workers at all they only want to give breaks if there waiting in load to come but otherwise you will not see a break it’s wear and tear on ur body

If you love working by yourself

If you like working by yourself and like to drive. This is a job for you. Make sure you are signed into your main route, so there is no issue with pay.de

Package Handler

The job isn't that bad. Easy to learn an to promote up as long as you work hard, you do get your recognition. Basically it's what's you make of it, most of the managers I've worked with are great along side with some of my co-workers.

No employee support

From day one my class was set up to fail told the wrong shifts wrong days start times and everything. You cannot go in and just talk to HR let alone call them and get anything figured out I have worked here for a week and have only been able to work a day and a half the only good thing about this company is the pay but be willing to put up with bull**** that comes with that pay

Pros

Free snacks on Friday and Monday

Cons

No breaks no employee support

Faced paced

Overall good company, but no guarantees on stable work schedules. Many opportunities for advancement if you can survive on 25 hours a week after peak season is over in January.

Pros

Free lunches Friday and Monday’s

Cons

On 2 15 minute breaks on an 8 shift.

Work hard, Play hard

First time working in the mail/package industry m. Its definitely more difficult than expected, But I appreciate the experience. Early mornings, late nights, but they pay was worth it.

physical job/ good paycheck/hard on your body

The paycheck is great, but this is not the kind of job you want to stay long. It will leave long-term damage to your body. I worked there during the pandemic. They used to give bonuses for working certain days. I don't know if they're still doing it. If you want to work there, just do it for a year and get out or try to get promoted so you won't have to do this physical labor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight