FedEx Ground Employee Reviews

Fast paced work place with poor upper management
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 24, 2018
Every thing is statistic driven. Even if you do your job you have to make up the work of others for the whole to be productive. Upper management doesn't care about work life balance and provides poor training. The upside if you produce you can move up fast. Lower management tend to care about employees and encourage development. Company offers very good benefits. A lot of room to growth.
Fun
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 23, 2018
Working with my team was great and competitive. I learned alot. The culture was adaptable. Very good benefits. Managers are excellent trainers. Unforgettable experience.
Very competitive work
Package Handler/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAMay 23, 2018
Thos place is not for everybody to work very competitive quick paced . If you're very athletic or active would highly recommend this job. Pay isn't enough for the hard labor
Pros
Benefits, discounts, paid vacation
Cons
Short breaks, very low pay
Learning experience
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DEMay 23, 2018
Great place to work . Hands on skills working with different employees. Loading trucks working on the belts. Placing mail in the right order stalking, inventory.
Benefits
Cons
Work short hours
Productive and fun work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 23, 2018
I worked during day and night times as outbound and inbound. I worked many different position. I learned how to use scan-gun for boxes before load into truck and unload from truck. After two years later, I was prompted as package handle trainer. The hardest part of job is handle during winter time at job. The most enjoyable part of the job is social media with deaf and hearing people in there.
Pros
give some extra hours
Cons
short break
loading trucks
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Arcata, CAMay 23, 2018
morning shift included loading local trucks with outgoing packages for deli every night shift was loading outbound packages to be shipped out of area, cleaning work area.
short term work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILMay 23, 2018
I didn't work for fed ex long enough to write a review on it. However, my short time there it was a ok job and easy to learn the everyday task. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone who doesn't like warehouse work
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Loosely Regulated and Fast-Paced
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXMay 22, 2018
The employees I worked with were very kind and performed their jobs phenomenally well. The flow of work was smooth and most days very clear. The drivers were always friendly and helped out newcomers with how they wanted their trucks sorted prior to delivery. The managers never got onto anyone unless they didn't show up or were complained about for poor work. More often, the managers took on the handler roles due to many workers not being present. The team I worked with took the packages and placed them onto the trucks. The team that unloaded the trailers for sorting fluctuated with their work flow, which would lead to lulls in work for our end at times, and at other times we got bogged down and fell behind. Overall, the atmosphere is one of camaraderie and I would be happy to work their again.
Nothing to talk about
Delivery Courier - P500 & P700 (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 22, 2018
Nothing to talk about it can fun but at the same time it is hard work. you can learn a lot working hear and at the same time it can be a lot
on your body.
Good
Bad
productive and good work place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYMay 22, 2018
this was a great job. wish i could’ve stayed. great benefits after a year or so many hours. great people to work with. very friendly. and very clean work area
Fast pace, heavy objects
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMay 22, 2018
Fed-Ex Ground is very fast-paced and much of the items you are loading onto the trucks will be upwards of 70 pounds. You will have to be extremely careful while keeping up with everything coming down the belts
Decent pay for mindless labor.
PACKAGE HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNMay 21, 2018
FedEx Ground package handling is a decent way to earn a living as a busy young adult. There are 3-4 shifts to choose from around the clock. The only drawback is that you're only working about 4-5 hours at a time per shift, and the shifts are staggered by about 4 hours. Work is repetitive, but simple. Management is respectful and easy to work with.
Pros
Relatively high pay for simple work
Cons
No air conditioning, 40 hours/week requires 2 shifts/day.
Good benefits/ Hit or Miss Management
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Willington, CTMay 21, 2018
I have worked for FedEx for a total of 4 years over the last 5 and half. Initially it was great on my return though you could see a lot of new issues with poorly trained management and new bosses that cared more about number than employees.
My manager was good.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 21, 2018
FedEx Ground is a rough place to work. It is stressful, chaotic, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone I liked. The hours are difficult and the drivers are understandably unpleasant to deal with after their 12+hour days delivering packages.
Fun and fast pace place to work
DRIVER - FEDEX GROUND (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
Typically I would start work at 5am load my truck with boxes and packages for delivery. Separate the items from different zip codes and that usually takes about 3hrs to sort. I had 2 zip codes that I had to delivery to. Sometimes 90 to 100 stops a day in Houston Texas. The hardest part about this job was not having any benefits at all. Know nothing just straight weekly pay. I enjojoyed working their because of the employees. I met a lot of fun and exciting and interesting people. Some of the people still work at Fedx Ground are still my closest friends.
Pros
Paid weekly & good environment
Cons
No benefits at all.
Management level is cut throat
Package Handler Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAMay 21, 2018
Basic package handler job is not too bad. Management level, that is a different story. Most upper management has the patience of a little kid. Some times I wonder, who did they brown nose to get to their position.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Upper management not so bright, I dread my work life now
it is a fun place and nice to be on your own at times
Route Manager/Driver (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 21, 2018
it was a good job decent pay but it is contracted out and some of the contractors don't worry about their employees in the busy season get it done at whatever cost
Great starter job
FedEx Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 21, 2018
So far my experience with Fedex has been great. While it’s still to early for me to tell about possible advancement the job and the people where I work are great.
Outgoing work culture with lack of advancement
Driver (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 21, 2018
Many ups and downs with this company. My work team has been a second family while on the job.
Great environment at times because of co workers.
Lack of benefits as well as career advancement.
Overall, not a bad company to work for if you’re looking to have job security and good pay.
Pros
Steady work/good pay
Cons
Lack of benefits, no career advancement
FedEx
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAMay 21, 2018
The job itself is okay, but it is very physically enduring, and puts a lot of strain on your body. You are expected to know how to stack correctly and are not allowed mess ups. If you are not quick enough, you will be written up due to your lack of speed.

As for training, you basically train yourself versus someone else actually training you on what to do - which is something that should NOT happen. The pay is too low and you start at $11.50 for Day-Evenings and $11.70 for Midnight-Sunrise, but if you ask me the pay should be a lot higher for both sorts. Especially, since you work yourself to the bone for all the physical work you do.

Management is....well..lazy. While it varies on your manager - some managers will just sit there and watch you struggle while you're in a truck and not help at all; some, however, will help and it makes a huge difference in the end.

Overall, I would not suggest FedEx at all to even my worst enemy. You could graduate from college and have a degree under your belt, but according to FedEx - it doesn't matter, they won't pay you or give you anymore than what you went to school for.

This job is basically a job while in college, not a job if you've graduated from a 4-year university. I give most people 2 months, tops.
Pros
Sometimes it can be enjoyable due to the people.
Cons
Pay is too low and it is very taxing on your body.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K

2.7

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight