FedEx Ground

Found 14,492 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,813 reviews

FedEx Ground insights

Based on 10,583 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great people and very manageable work load

Featured review

FedEx Ground selected this as a representative review
I cannot say enough about the people at FedEx, managers and other coworkers alike. Their helpfulness and friendliness made going to work each day all the more enjoyable. Work load is more than doable and on nights where freight was heavier, you never truly had the sense of being overwhelmed thanks to help received from your coworkers. You will work up a sweat, so be prepared for that.

Pros

Great atmosphere, fair pay, good benefits

Cons

Environment can get hot!

Good company

Good company to work for. I only quit because I could not work overnight. I I had my morning classes so I could not find a way to arrive on time in school.

Pay is very great. Amazing benefits. Lots of ways to go for a career. Good environment.

Pay is very well worth it. Great management they’re there to help you with anything you need. It’s a good environment. Everyone is family there. Great benefits.

Cons

Getting off once route is done.

Ok place to work far as flexibility . If you can in everyday and don’t let the packages intimidate you , you’ll be fine. The harder and faster you work (pause) the quicker you go home .

Pros

Getting off early if u work hard

Cons

No benefits

Terrible place to work even for the great pay

This place is way to fast paced and you'll get tons of boxes slid down your shoot and get jammed then they will get mad at you for getting behind! DNR

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits

Cons

No breaks, Rude Managers, Nobody willing to help you succeed. Also no partners in your truck sometimes

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Not a positive experience in the slightest

During my time working there i was never treated fairly and taken advantage of. I met a lot of people that did/would agree with me when i say they don't care about their people or their safety, regardless of how hard you work.

Pros

Friendly Co-workers, accesible parking lot, storage lockers

Cons

Unsafe workspace, inaccessible water/beverages, unqualified employees make up the majority of the population

Very mentally exhausting

Expect to get off late. Even when you get off at a decent time you have to go help another driver. Sometimes I didn’t get off until 8-9pm and didn’t get no help. Mentally exhausting Manager was great though

Pros

Good pay, great manager

Cons

Off late, no time for life

Hard work good pay

Its super easy to get used to the job you're doing package handler for full time so overnight and early morning One bad thing is otp barely trains you maybe 1 or 2 days and stick u in a truck and when the volume is huge ie during holidays your alone loading thr packagesPreload has a trainer with u for 3 to 4 days depending on how comfortable you are with the job Everyone helps you out if u need help

Pros

Culture friendly people

Cons

No training in otp

It’s like a family over there

I seen the good and the bad and I can tell you overall Fed Ex is a great place to work some of the best 7yrs of my life unfortunately we separated but doesn’t take away from the quality company they are… ❤️

Pros

Flexible schedule, Great pay

Cons

Hour cap during slow seasons

Its a good atmosphere to work in.

At times it gets crazy busy and fast paced, Managers are there to help. It is a physically demanding job but its a good place to work. The people I work with are awesome. There is opportunity for advancement with the company. Management is very helpful and supportive. The only draw back is don't get enough hours.

Pros

Mangement Helpful and Supportive, decent pay

Cons

Not enough hours

Physically demanding

It’s a physically demanding job but if you can handle it the pay is great, hours are decent and there are many different positions available. The summer is the hardest because it’s very hot in the trucks

Busy and understaffed

Coworkers are great overall. Management is often spread thin, and sometimes challenging to find when assistance is needed. Pay and benefits insurance) are good, and available to package handlers after working 1000 hrs.

Pros

Hourly wage, raises, insurance, plenty of work hours if you are willing to work other shifts

Cons

No scheduled breaks, no set hours

Awesome job

Great job great pay awesome staff keeps you busy and it’s weekly pay definitely would encourage others to apply if their in need of a consistent check and like people

Fast paced but very difficult at times especially summer humidity

The managers at FedEx Ground is very supportive and helps and encourages you to meet you loading rate when you hit 420 packages per hour they really appreciate the work and work very hard and you will get recognized and also the most hard part about the job is hot humid days working inside the trailer trying to hit 420 pkg per hour is very difficult and can be stressful on physical Over all the job a very nice offers a lot of bonuses during the holidays season flexible and good pay as a part time package handler

Pros

They have mini market to buy your lunch break

Cons

Working in hot summer days inside a trailer

It's All About Meeting Their Numbers

Employees are over-worked and under-paid. They are extremely short staffed for the work load that they have. They have to meet their numbers so they push employees to their limit. They stress safety in their talk, but getting the work done is more important. The training you receive is minimal. The trainers are lazy and can't be found to answer questions or help. Management is very disrespectful to employees. They make fun of some races. They employ some "special needs" people and I have witnessed management yelling at them. This is very unprofessional. They don't treat people fairly. They think they are above you. Hard working employees are not recognized for their efforts. Slackers and those who work hard are treated as equals.

Pros

Free bottled water and Gatorade

Cons

low pay for brutal work

Very hard work, back breaking

It was all bad from beginning to end. For the hard work that is expected of you should be paid way more.... females unload trucks alone...your being timed and micro managed like a hawk

Pros

Idn

Cons

Back breaking work

Miserable

Underpaid union scabbing. Using independent contractors so that you're not paid what you rightfully deserve in compensation in the FedEx way. You're essential, but you're expendable. No one cares/

Fast paced job, heavy lifting

Great job as a Package Handler. Very fast paced job loading and unloading trucks and trailers. The benefits are great for part time work. Heavy lifting. Great pay.

Pros

Great benefits.

Would not recommend at all

Horrible job unrealistic expectations… have to be an act of God to take off for any reason… team ran by liars and family showing extreme favoritism run from this job !

I enjoyed working For Fed Ex Ground, Best Managers, and people

Working at Fed Ex Ground was the best decision I made!I became more active , I had bosses that encouraged me that I can Do more ,made me feel like family . The work was fun/ easy ( even the lifting) lol! I had to move and I hated to stop working there , but I encourage anyone looking for a job to start here !! The pay is good ! You learn quick here ! I miss my Fed Ex ground family of kennesaw, Ga!!

Pros

It’s like going to the Gym lol, simple work, helps you get organized

Cons

The dusty environment lol

Hard physical Job/Not enough hours

When I first went to FedEx I already had previous experience working at warehouses. I knew it is a hard physical job to do but I was willing to do it. Working at a warehouse like this one was something way heavier. Not only the job but the environment. The pollute air due to all the trucks, machines running and closed spaces. There is always a feeling of working for people that does not really care at all about your integrity. You must be working all the time and there is no break given even if you work 6-7 hours straight, as soon as they don’t need you more or there’s less work to do they will send you home. I was told that by the time you were going to be able to get more time but that didn’t happen even if you do your best for. If they need to cut people out, they will without hesitation. I found myself constantly fighting with the time I wanted to make versus the time given. Every time there was a reason to justify why you were not given the time assigned on the schedule for the week. When it was around 35-30 hours at least making that will be almost impossible even if you were able to resist all those hours continuously.

Cons

No break time/Very pollute environment/Not enough hours given.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9K

InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight