FedEx Office Employee Reviews

Found 2,131 reviews matching the search See all 2,185 reviews
It all depends on the center.
Center Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 15, 2018
As the summary says, your experience will depend mostly on the manager. I'd covered at a few other local centers - some are better than others.

• Come in, greet customers immediately, work hands-on with them, help them ship a package or print out an order. It seems like there's a lot of variety here when you're new, but after a few months, things get predictable and repetitive.

• I did actually learn a great deal here. I worked hands on with doctors, lawyers, restaurant owners... If you work in a prime part of your city, you'll see a lot of the "inner workings" of your town. You'll definitely learn how to manage your time here and get stuff done fast.

• Management was weird at my store. When I first started there was no Assistant Manager. My boss in particular was very set on their ways and did not settle for behavior that was anything other than strictly professional. Could joke around with some of the newer members, but the ones who had been there a while seemed to be much more serious. The "professionalism" is contagious at some stores!

• Hardest part of the job was stressful order taking. People will come in and expect a 6 hour job done in 30 minutes. Sometimes they'll just stand there at the counter and watch you like a hawk as you work. Sometimes they'll come in early just to check up on the job. As with any job where you're working with the public, you'll undoubtedly get some impatient customers.

• Most enjoyable part was getting to know the cooler customers. As mentioned before, a lot of highly reputable people will come in and love to share their
  more... stories or events with you. At every center I worked at, each store had their "regulars" too. I made a lot of friends working here and it's satisfying to know you're helping out someone you're cool with.  less
Pros
Paid holidays, advancement
Cons
Weekends, very busy
Job
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI 49503August 15, 2018
I was a Shipping Coordinator and I dealt with many clients with regards to their packages and to ensure their packages were picked up and delivered to make arrival.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
FedEx Office requires you to teach yourself a lot as the company is always changing. Production mostly is on you to figure out, there’s nobody leading you through it step by step.
Fun to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 14, 2018
At FedEx Office we helped customers with their printing and shipping needs We help them get business cards brochures and other product designed and created.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Can be long hours.
Serious
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHAugust 14, 2018
Age discrimination is noticeable. In fact in most businesses, people 50 and older are not considered for positions. Excuses are produce to make one think otherwise.
Horrible management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 13, 2018
Dont get me wrong. Somethings about it were amazing [mainly customers].. Management never cared.. The employees were lazy. And some we're just plain rude. Hated being there. Had to get out as quick as possible. They dont train you half the time.. You have to figure stuff out on your own..no security what so ever. Was there by myself late at night.. Had to call someone to be with me because I was scared. Never work there.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Horrible management bad workers
Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 11, 2018
They sucks because they use you and give favoritism to certain people if you are friends with management and stuff. I have asked them for putting me only 30 minutes later due to my other job and school but the manager said no. There you go and Fedex is not a good place to work, so cheap and mean. It is a great company for customers but not for the employees.
Great Culture; Growing Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 11, 2018
FedEx Office is a great company to work for if you want to have options. You can advance or stay in the current role (may have to transfer around in area). The company offers benefits for both part-time and full-time team members and the compensation is generous. Full-time team members are required to have open availability but management is good about working with them if outside factors come into play.
Productive workplace and calm environment
Lead Store Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 10, 2018
Each day is just about the same. Management is relaxed but determined to meet company goals. You learn how to use oversize printers and microsoft, adobe, and other multi media digital platforms. Hardest part of the job helping customers who dont want to be helped, best part is every task is pretty simple and relaxed.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Short breaks
Team Member
Office Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 9, 2018
Office life
Scanning
faxing
Travel to other offices to help other employees
Customer service
Most enjoyable apart of the job was staying busy and working on the computers
Technology based
My Experience
Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAAugust 9, 2018
I was hired by a manager that than quit 2 months into my employment, new management came on and revised the store making it a difficult work environment. I decided I have achieved my full potential with the inconsistency of management, and my hiring manager resigning from unfair treatment; I was aware the growth probability was slim. I questioned how unfair is the District manager treating my manager to were THEY QUIT*
Pros
Pay increases
Cons
Co-workers
Poor high level managemnt
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Dillon, COAugust 8, 2018
It was a great place to work at first until higher management turned the work place into a cut throat, stressful, bullied environment.
It's sad a great company lets employees be bullied.
Pros
training, pay, and fun work
Cons
cut throat, stressful, and nasty directors
Cheapskates
FedEx Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 8, 2018
FedEx recently removed software that made it easier to organize packages on the truck, now you must dig through atleast a dozen or more each stop. They pay $150 per day salary but expect you to work 10 hours. Expect days to be between 8-12 hours.
Pros
Plenty of work, decent paycheck.
Cons
Extremely stressful
Fast-paced, very productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAAugust 7, 2018
I loved working for FedEx. It was always fast-paced and there was always something to do. I learned a lot and really enjoyed working with the customers and my coworkers. The only downside was there was very little growth from within. The district manager had tunnel vision and hardly ever took a chance on employees who had been there and proved their hard work and dedication.
Pros
Fast paced and always busy
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Stable place to work
Center Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 7, 2018
Very reliable company to work for. Great hours, great management. The company offers many benefits to its employees. Definitely a company people can make a career out of.
package handler
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 7, 2018
12pm-4am hours, cold area but no dress clothing. Working under safe conditions. Management needs some improvements but over all bad for college students that need college tuition.
Great company
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2018
Great place to interact with new people everyday. Amazing benefits and regular customers. Never the same day twice at fedex and that was the best part.
Benefits
Cons
24 hour store.
Great place to start building your work history.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 6, 2018
Fun place to start your career. Helps with building customer relation skills. If you don't like down time there is always something you can do. Willing to help with promotions.
Pros
Flexible hours and fast paced.
Cons
Starter job but advancements available from within the company.
Its FedEx. Great Place to work.
Project / Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 6, 2018
FedEx is a great company and a great company to work for. I would recommend to anyone looking to work in the shipping, logistics, and office supply to give them a try.
Fun work enviroment
Team Member / Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAAugust 5, 2018
work pace is steady but can be a mad house given the time of day. You learn quite a lot about computers and software programs. Management is excellent they work with you for flexible hours if your a parent or student. Hardest part is learning the different ways to do stuff but once you get it down its simple. Most enjoyable is seeing the different items that come in that we back up and the the characters that bring them.
Pros
Shipping Discounts
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Office. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight