FedEx Office Employee Reviews

Found 2,238 reviews matching the search See all 2,296 reviews
Stable employment with a regular schedule
Production Assembler/Worker (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 10, 2018
FedEx Manufacturing works under 6 sigma guidelines. The people were the best part of the job. I began to have some problems standing on concrete floor 7 1/2 - 8 hours per day.
Pros
The company had good benefits.
Cons
Many tasks were a bit tedious/boring.
Ok for short term
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2018
FXO is a great place to work...for the short term. It's easy work as long as you can tolerate standing all day. Stores in residential areas ship a lot of ...everything: tvs, tires, dishes, etc. So be ready to get a workout. Business centers (the ones like downtown) usually only ship smaller things. If you sign up for an FXO in a hotel or convention center you get perks like free lunch.

A lot of the managers in the company are horribly lazy...but guess that's anywhere you go. You are expected to be a salesman and push product and services. Each store has numbers that the company makes you hit. Overall not a bad temporary job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Selling "product of the month"
If I would have had a better Store Management I would have stayed longer
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 6, 2018
Everything was good at the store I worked at until I came back from maternity leave and then the new store manager was impossible too work with. Even though I was full time employee she would schedule me for only 20 hours and would not stick with the schedule we agreed on when I came in and spoke with her on my maternity leave on Center days I needed off too be with my son cause my husband was working those days
Pros
Fast paced and I made a lot of good friends
Cons
The manager was horrible
Started as Center Consultant
Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 6, 2018
I worked alone for an average of 5 hrs a day. Sexist racist and unfair and unreasonable. Management is scared to speak up when it comes to flexibility and current employees.
Cons
management changes frequently
Great place to work, customer service wise
Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 5, 2018
The workplace was a wonderful working experience with an array of awesome teammates. Working in such a fast paced environment was an excellent test of my skills, helping to hone each one to be better.
Fun place to work.
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2018
Love working with customer, so working at Fedex gave me this opportunity. Able to help each day. Enjoyed completing a project and seeing how if would impact the customer.
Pros
Always work to be done.
Cons
Pay isn't that good.
Commison
Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 4, 2018
The best the thing of fedex office was the commision and also the ability to work around your scheduel it was the best awesome way and sometimes had event with co-worker to build up team work
Challenging and rewarding job.
Center Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 1, 2018
There is a very tough learning curve working for FedEx Office. You will be wearing many hats, sometimes they will involve overlapping responsibilities. It can be frustrating, but it is worth it.
Pros
Great benefits, including matching 401(k) and health insurance. Vacation time, Paid holidays
Cons
Can be stressful, some shifts are shorter-staffed.
Endless Opportunities
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2018
FedEx Office is a good place to work if you're looking to work hard and grow within a company. There are many positions you can advance to if you possess the willingness to learn lots of different products and services that the company offers.
Pros
Benefits, flexible schdule, advancements
Cons
work life balance
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 28, 2018
Monitor shipping and printing department. Complete projects and task in shipping and printing departments. Scheduling, hiring, terminating. Train employees. Manager daily financial and incoming orders.
Very bad ethics
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILNovember 28, 2018
Every level of human resources are corrupt or very dishonest in their functions. There is a great deal of unethical harm they do to the employees. Simple as that
Pros
Poor ethics from the managment level
Cons
Poor ethics from the managment level
Unrealistic Goals
Field Account Executive (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 25, 2018
FXO is a great company that treats their employees very well. Excellent training is provided to all new hires. Additional training's take place through out your first 2 years. They really invest in their employees. Their monthly targets for port accounts are sometimes way off target. The print industry is extremely competitive and they tell you they will do anything to win bids and put their account managers in the drive seat with their accounts. Until you bring them an opportunity and they bid it way higher then where the account manager KNOWS the project needs to be priced at. Then when you lose the bid your managers want you to go back and get another opportunity from the same contact. After providing the same person with several high bids - they quit sending you their projects to be bid. Very frustrating. Some accounts are not price sensitive and are more concerned about a timeline - those are easy sales!
Pros
Managers allow you to manage your territory. Very supportive. Excellent training
Cons
Competition, You can only work with accounts that will sign a CAP and are then moved into your port, Very lengthy process.
Long working Hours
Staff (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 23, 2018
Fast paced work environment.
Long Hours
Management can be tough sometimes.
Good benefits. short/long term disability offered. 401k with 100% company match.
Not good for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 20, 2018
The pay is not good, the mandatory hours during the holiday season was somewhat overbearing. There is a lot of stress working at Fed Ex. I would not recommend this company to anyone for employment.
Pros
You have a job and receive a pay check.
Cons
Half hour lunch, never enough employees on staff during peak times.
Just OK.
Center Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 17, 2018
Overworked for how much you're paid. Told in my interview that they like to promote within and that I'd be on the fast track - but they actually prefer to hire management externally...

Other than that, not a hard job, the people are great. It's just alright. Nothing special, don't hate it.
Learned customer service skills.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDNovember 13, 2018
Sometimes very busy having to quickly help customers when very busy while still giving good service.
I learned print editing, poster making, design logos, all aspects of what FedEx does in a store.
Management was good.
Made friends there, the culture is friendly.
Sometimes not enough help when we are super busy, I would feel like I was running a marathon.
Enjoyed working with others.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, having to work weekends most of the time.
Great
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CA 94954November 11, 2018
It was great. I enjoyed my time there, however I did not work for FedEx Office, I worked as a delivery driver. I would work there again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Can be very fast paced.
Good college job
Lead Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 9, 2018
Repetitive business. Every day is the same. Overall it is a good college job but not much more than that. Benefits are great, but the salary isn't too great.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Life at FedEx Office
Lead Production Consultant (Former Employee) –  Needham, MANovember 9, 2018
I was a Center Lead Consultant, which put me at the forefront for customer service. Daily tasks included opening / closing the store, cleaning, equipment maintenance, stocking shelves and supplies and the creation of customer orders and production of these orders.

I was offered this position as a two-fold incentive. It would provide me with the necessary experience to further myself in the company and give me the opportunity to improve upon a center that wasn't performing well. After three months of hard work, the center was beginning to shine again and customers were quite happy with the improvement.

The center was operating with only 3 full-time associates, including myself. Payroll was low and hours were high, but we lacked associates to cover all shifts. When our center manager went on leave, it was just two of us and my hours went through the roof. After 2 months of long hours and on several occasions of working from open to close; I had reached my limit after. No one should have to work a double due to the lack of employees, especially from a multi-billion dollar company such as FedEx.

When regional management had finally decided to offer some help, I decided it was time to leave and move on. FedEx Office is a great company to work for when compared to others, but management needs to stay on top of employee management. It's all about finding the right store for you.
Pros
Employee Discount, Affordable Health / Dental / Eye Insurance, Life Insurance and Life Resources.
Cons
Little to no communication at management level, Little to no flexibility with scheduling of hours, Lack of time allocated for proper training.
Some good, some not so good
Customer Service Associate (Retail) (Current Employee) –  Fishers, IN 46037November 8, 2018
I was excited at first and after several months, found that my position was a dead end with no advancement opportunities. The front line for customers is not as valuable as it should be.
Pros
Great opportunity to teach customers how to help themselves
Cons
Double standards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Office. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight