FedEx Office
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from FedEx Office:

FedEx Office Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA50 reviews
Personally the only reason I stayed for FedEx is because my boss is probably the greatest boss I have ever had.

It is hard work, but I don't mind that. It involves a lot of lifting heavy things, having product and shipping knowledge, and if you know graphic design and microsoft office like I do it's a plus.

Knowing how to work a computer is extremely important.

One of my main qualms is that I am paid very little for the amount of work that I do. I can barely scrape by and I go to university and live in a very wealthy area (not by choice, but more or less because I'm stuck here). I barely broke past two digits in pay, which isn't saying much.

The amount of work that I do, the type of work that I do, and how long I have to work are all the equivalent of someone working as an administrative assistant that's paid a lot more than me.

Plus side, FedEx does have super good benefits. They have blue cross blue shield health, signa dental and a 401K if you so desire.

It's retail so the customers are going to vary from really pleasant to unbearable, especially if you're working in the design section where everything has to be exactly as they want it (and I don't blame them- it's their own personal project).
Pros
healthcare, dental, 401k
Cons
barely-moderate pay, long hours
FedEx has you perform three different jobs with a one person pay. You only get a bonus if you sell retail products [,50 per ream of paper]. It is always what benefits FedEx. Clients first, employees second. There is no incentive to do better. The flex hours is the number one benefit to an employee. They hire unskilled people that worked at CVS or Starbucks and do not train them
Work retail with walk in customer and over the phone. Process printing and shipping orders. Advise team as a Team Lead on daily tasks.Report to Assistant/store manager on daily basis.
For all the things you must learn FedEx pays you very little and as much as the average fast food restaurant may pay if not less. Job very complex with very little reward.
Good Leaders i place in a company that cares about its employees. Flexible on hours and shifts as long as you are upfront with you manager on the hours you are looking to work.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
The DM is a nut job! Not much more to say except that they give you unreasonable expectations that no one would ever be able to accomplish. You might as well put a cot in the back room because you will be living there.
If you are looking to start a career this is a great place to work. There is plenty of chances to move up in the company under the right situations. There are a lot of great people that you will meet.
tone and atmosphere are set by the manager/management staff of the store. Stores are different sizes. Training is good, you learn different skills in packing and shipping as well as printing. Stores have ebb and flow of busy vs quiet time.
friendly environment to work with team. Every day you have new things to learn
you can lead the team. Working with FedEx you can learn more about your skills
Sometimes very busy having to quickly help customers when very busy while still giving good service.
I learned print editing, poster making, design logos, all aspects of what FedEx does in a store.

Management was good.

Made friends there, the culture is friendly.

Sometimes not enough help when we are super busy, I would feel like I was running a marathon.

Enjoyed working with others.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, having to work weekends most of the time.
FedEx is a good company although more opportunities for advancement would be nice. Overall I enjoyed working there and would go back if the right opportunity opened.
Each day is just about the same. Management is relaxed but determined to meet company goals. You learn how to use oversize printers and microsoft, adobe, and other multi media digital platforms. Hardest part of the job helping customers who dont want to be helped, best part is every task is pretty simple and relaxed.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Short breaks
Its a good beginner job but not a career choice you would want. No work/life balance. Just all work! Tones of work and upset costumers about packages.
Cons
salary and advancement
You have opportunity to grow within the company, but it can be competitive. The hours can be flexible and you can always make hours even at other stores if your store is slow.
A typical day is working with a variety of different personality throughout the day. You learn to find solutions on the spot and help each customer with their unique request. I have learned to listen and be patient. The work culture can be great once you have qualified people employed. I have experienced a negative culture, which has caused skilled team members to leave, loss of clients and has unskilled team members who produce sub-par work. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer attain a goal that they needed help with and the customer completing a survey that allows our management to obtain positive feedback on a job well done.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Understaffed
The job itself is relatively low stress most of the time. However, due to the nature of the business work can move at a fluctuating pace. There is also a considerable learning curve to be proficient enough in all of the systems to appropriately help customers.
Salary and benefits are fair for the work performed within most areas. However, the lack of difference in pay based on geo locations is somewhat flawed. It would be nearly impossible to live on the base salary alone in most major metropolitan areas where cost of living is significantly higher than other areas.

Full time employees are generally offered at least 38 hours a week, but that can be lowered based on current sales and activity. Hours are usually fixed to a regular schedule, but can be changed at any time. And despite tenure, any employee may be forced to work weekend shifts.

The major drawback is the inability to advance within the company. Job titles are limited by location and tier of store, offering no advancement at a particular location based on merit and tenure. Management positions are often taken by individuals from outside of the company, rather than promoting from withing, leaving a common feeling of indifference or dislike towards upper management.
Pros
Paid Lunches, Good Benefits, Relaxed Workplace
Cons
Limited Advancement, Low and Irregular Pay, Fluctuating Schedule
The Office I worked at had wonderful team. Everyone cared about each other's well-being. Any one in trouble was taken care as a family. There was good discount in shipping items.
FedEx office is a good place to work. It has great benefits and friendly workers. The company teaches you a lot and gives a lot of work experience. It's also a good way to network with the amount of different customers going in and out of the store.
I would not recommend applying for the FedEx office signs and graphics plant, the place is poorly managed and has a lack of respect for anyone without a management title.
A great place to work, with great people to work with. You get to meet a variety of people from all over the world. Management is always there to help and guide you if you need it. The hardest part of the job was the ever changing schedule. It would change from week to week. the most enjoyable part of the job was the people you get to work with and the people you get to interact with on a daily basis.
Pros
Working with different people
Cons
schedule always changing, no consistency in scheduling
Fedex Office is really a good company to work with. Their job environment and culture is really professional. People working here are friendly and cooperative. I never felt like I am alone. There are lot of opportunities of learning ( Need Interest of learning).
Pros
Good Pay, Nice work environment
Cons
Lot of work to do, need more technical update.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Office. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight