FedEx Office

Found 3,038 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,110 reviews

FedEx Office insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

It's okay

Personally the only reason I stayed for FedEx is because my boss is probably the greatest boss I have ever had. It is hard work, but I don't mind that. It involves a lot of lifting heavy things, having product and shipping knowledge, and if you know graphic design and microsoft office like I do it's a plus. Knowing how to work a computer is extremely important. One of my main qualms is that I am paid very little for the amount of work that I do. I can barely scrape by and I go to university and live in a very wealthy area (not by choice, but more or less because I'm stuck here). I barely broke past two digits in pay, which isn't saying much. The amount of work that I do, the type of work that I do, and how long I have to work are all the equivalent of someone working as an administrative assistant that's paid a lot more than me. Plus side, FedEx does have super good benefits. They have blue cross blue shield health, signa dental and a 401K if you so desire. It's retail so the customers are going to vary from really pleasant to unbearable, especially if you're working in the design section where everything has to be exactly as they want it (and I don't blame them- it's their own personal project).

Pros

healthcare, dental, 401k

Cons

barely-moderate pay, long hours

Works with kids schedules

Flexible with schedule. Don’t always make 40hrs. Over time only on busy season. Starting time Cary on location. Independently working on a a day to day basis.

Decent

Decent job for retail environment. Technology changes all the time and frustrates customers. Unfortunately, management doesn't show much appreciation for most employees.

Good for someone young

Got this job when I was 17 stayed till I was 20. Super simple job but always something different to do. Lots of different project which is nice. It's a copy center...your not making much. The pay not the best bit for someone in school it's great...print your papers out for free and surf the web when it's slow....packages can be heavy at time

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Standing all day no chair's

What I've seen is conflicting

I would say the amount that you need to cover and be knowledgeable in is significant compared to what one is paid. I don't feel like management truly appreciates the people who really work hard and care about their job there or advancement.There is definitely a friendly work culture and the structure of the company for an employee seems pretty reasonable/standard.

Pros

friendly staff, easy hire and training, benefits

Cons

lack of balance for advancement, few incentives to do better, learn more, or advance

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Good people

The majority of the team is a lot of fun to work with and will support you. Upper management forgets that there are people who do not make what they do and need every raise that happens to come around.

It's not too bad

The benefits are good, the pay could use some work. Management has always been really good at my store. Most locations within the district are horribly understaffed, unfortunately. The customer's can be difficult sometimes, but usually understanding. I don't think stores should be open 12 hours a day, should close at least an hour after Ground/Express pick up.

Secretary/Slave for the general public

Never had a job that took so much out of me and left me wondering why I stayed. It is sad that companies like this don’t pay people for all that they do on a daily basis. Truly makes me sick that it is normal for Fedex Office to not appreciate the people they have.

Pros

Learning new thing out of necessity

Cons

Pay, work/life balance, unnecessary pressure, unrealistic goals

Pay is poor but overall a decent place

There's a lot to love with the job. Learning some of the tasks that come with the job can be exciting but being a print shop, a lot you learn are things that are literally taught in college classes and you go in with minimal experience. Pay is similar to local fast food. But if you put forth effort you should be promoted quick

overall I enjoyed my time there, great managers and decent pay. Being outdoors all day

As a same day city courier I loved being outdoors and being given the freedom to manage my own route and being accountable for my own work, I don’t like being micromanaged so this was a great place for me, nothing bad to say in my 4 years with the company and the only reason why I left was because there was not much of an advancement opportunity and I didn’t feel challenged, so I couldn’t see myself there for a long time. But overall I enjoyed my time there, great managers and decent pay.

Pros

Outdoors, driving with ac and music all day

Cons

Not many advancement opportunities

There is no rhyme or reason

Having the ability to dispatch on your own in the morning is nice but the dispatchers seem to think they are above all. They randomly put OT on you for no reason and expect you to comply unless you call. The job is perfect if you're going to school and need the structured schedule but other than that, this job is not good for advancement or long term security.

Pros

own your own

Cons

changing schedules

Productive and positive atmosphere

Coworkers built a long lasting bond where we're more like family. If a project needed to be done, some people stepped in to help complete a job even if it included staying later.

Pros

Learn something new often

Cons

Pay, advancement opportunities

Fair Place to work.

Not a bad gig, if you are an entry level center consultant you’re pretty much a secretary for the general public. The work isn’t too complicated with basic computer knowledge and how to operate commercial printers.

Benefits

Cons

Fair to midland pay

Poor scheduling

Fedex Office consumes your life and you can find work at several different places making the same amount of money some managers are great others not so much

Great job for college students

Lots of moving around to other locations, since covid the staff has been stretched thin. You are over worked due to short staffing. The job can be fun if you make it.

Pros

Get Shipping discounts

Cons

Short, breaks, the health care could be better

Good Benefits and people, Favoritism is the killer.

I can't speak for everyone when I write this review, but I can say the lack of proper leadership or management is what kills most employees seeking success. I went through the pandemic hard-times, new hire/fire process, furlough, and complete whirlwind of managers leaving/ hiring externally before I had enough. I personally was held to a high standard in my work atmosphere until I saw all my managers in the district quitting for the same petty things I would complain about. Lack of leadership from corporate, lack of team building, the company culture is completely dead. The company prefers bingo cards and pizza parties over paying their employees bonuses or promotions internally. Its a laughing stock especially when you get a corporate visit and they can't use their own user interfaces or machinery to get the job that makes them so much money done.

Benefits

Cons

Short breaks, no Work, Life, Balance, lack of leadership from Corporate.

Great for a Student

As a young adult I learned a lot about responsibility, hard work and customer service. I worked for FedEx Office for 5 years and during that time I learned just about every role in the center, except being the actual manager. I met a lot of great coworkers and those of us that stayed with the company a long time became very good friends. There is also room for advancement and training.

Pros

Team Work, Set Expectations from Management; Flexible Hours:

Cons

Pay

Fast Paced

FedEx Office was a fun place to work. I became fluent in excel, adobe, shipping, packing, printing, art. It is a very active job with exciting clientele with out of the ordinary requests.

Pros

Ot, benefits, Pto

Cons

Short breaks/lunches, low pay

Busy busy busy - no work/life balance

I work in a production facility printing on various small and large format media. Work life balance is hard, especially for working overnights. I requested to lessen my hours so I could have enough time to do school work (online), but it was immediately denied. Instead, their deal to me was they would keep me at 40 hours and let me leave early only if we were slow and if another person I was working with was okay with it. I practically have to beg to be let go early so I have enough time to do school work, otherwise I hate to stay up late to complete homework, which cuts into sleep time (during the day, which is also hard to do), which means it's also hard to be productive during the night. FedEx Office screams how they are pro work/life balance with their employees, but if they're short staffed (which we are), don't expect those benefits.When I transferred to the production facility, they trained me to work both sides of the warehouse, whereas everyone who worked there only knew one side (either large format printing or small format printing). They said their plan was to get everyone trained for both sides for coverage purposes, but here we are 6 months into my position here and I'm the only one being flip flopped around, yet paid the least since I'm the newest transfer there. Not sure how that's fair? I also am the hardest worker due to my own personal work ethic and see a lot of employees slacking off and diddling on their phones while on the job. Management is aware of this, they've said they're aware of this, yet nothing happens. You can get away with murder there.  -

Pros

401k matching, health benefits, Pto, shipping/printing discounts

Cons

Over worked, understaffed. More concern about jobs getting done vs employee well-being

typical retail job with higher expectations

Working at FXO had its pros and cons. Circumstances differ by region but in my particular region it was very hard to advance in the company as they brought it many outside hires other than giving current employees advancements. They expect you to pick up shifts when someone calls off even on your off days. A lot of micromanaging. The job itself is very scripted and doesn’t give much room for creative work.

Pros

Adequate Pay, Great Benefits and 401k Program, Job Security, Organized

Cons

meeting sales goals, micro management, work-life balance

Terrible - Lie - Withhold $$ when you resign stay away

Stay away. I don't ever write reviews of past employers but I had to on fedex. They are the worst plain and simple. The culture, the training, and the management is terrible. They said and do another. I didn't even make it to my 90 days...And I've never done that before. Honestly, stay away from the west college ave. Store they are thee worst.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Office. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight