FedEx Office Employee Reviews

Work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 17, 2018
Working at Fedex Office was one of constant attention to details for processing and creating copy orders, for sending shipping orders, and for maintaining equipment.
Pros
Mostly working with good crew
Cons
Constant need to upgrade information, particularly for shipping orders.
Horrible management
Team Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAOctober 17, 2018
Great co-workers and work environment. Also has good benefits. However, management is horrible, inconsistent, biased, rude to customers, does not lead their team by example as well as has no real presence in the store itself.
Fast paced and fun work environment
Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 16, 2018
Fed Ex office is a great place to work. It is fast paced and you do have a lot of responsibilities but the work environment is very collaborative and enjoyable.
Great company
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAOctober 16, 2018
Good company to work for.. Company Culture was great. Not sure about current working environment. Have nothing bad to say about this company. Company moved from California to Texas
Great place to mess up
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 15, 2018
Dont worry about whether or not you will mess something up because they dont care. have an issue? dont talk to the managers or the district manager as they will not listen.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2018
Fast paced environment that was fun to work in due the different jobs that we got in every day, It was never the same thing on a daily basis. I've learned how to keep a organized schedule with using outlook and maintaining a retail store per Company expectations.

The Hardest part of the job was telling customer " No". also the lack of management was bad, At times we will get new management who didn't know a lick of what the company provided and the company thought that the person was a good fit, but clearly was not.
Pros
Nice Team members
Cons
Stressful
The Stress of a Career with the Pay of a Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 12, 2018
As a long time former Fedex Office team member I can honestly say going to work for this company will be one of the biggest mistakes you will ever make. The company is currently melting down with all the talented team members leaving because they've finally realized that FXO is never going to get better. Imagine working at a restaurant where you were both the server and the chef. That's the best analogy. A task which would take 15 minutes of focus instead takes 2 hours because you have to answer the counter and phone every other minute. You will never be able to have even a 3 minute conversation with a co-worker and even when you work with others (an increasing rarity) you will feel as though you work alone. The very first promotion you will get at FXO is to Lead Consultant which is probably the worst job in the entire Fedex organization. As Lead Consultant you will eventually be the only one who runs production and deals with large and difficult customers while management and newer team members will simply pass everything off to you and do various less stressful tasks. Currently, the company is forcing team members to use very specific talk tracks with customers and if you fail to use them you will be severely reprimanded. Your every word to the customer is now company policy ensuring that there is absolutely no humanity left in your job at all. If you think you have experienced corporate culture in your past jobs let me assure you that this is next level corporate culture you will be dealing with. Pay wise, a Fedex Express driver on his FIRST DAY makes more money  more... than you will make after YEARS of working at FXO and becoming an assistant manager. Fedex has zero respect for anyone in the company except drivers and FXO team members are more or less trash as far as Fedex corp is concerned. I could go on for many more paragraphs about the indignities you will suffer if you work here but I think you get the idea.  less
Pros
Benefits, Flexible for part time work
Cons
Stress
Horrible company to work for.
Interim Store Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TampaOctober 11, 2018
I was a manager for 3 years. I ran the busiest location in the market. There was no room for advancement. The leadership is horrible. The District Manager was a tyrant.
The Most Enjoyable Part of Fedex Office
Center Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 10, 2018
One of the most enjoyable parts of Fedex Office, is taking a project, that even you find to be rather difficult in solving, and making it everything the customer imagined it to be, and sometimes more.
Pros
self paced, flexible
Cons
sometimes unstructured management
A long way to go
Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
Mainly focused on one thing does not really see the bigger picture. Certain areas different personalities you work with. Decent money for any college student, but a lot of work.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
One mind company
Job that teaches a ton of great skills
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 9, 2018
Job was enjoyable and the work was noble, but customers were very uneducated on what they needed/wanted. PTO and any type of time off is difficult to plan. Not much formal training on processes
Pros
steady work, learn a lot of helpful knowledge
Cons
uneducated customers, poor pto/time off practices
Enjoyable work
LEAD CENTER CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 7, 2018
I truly love the amount of knowledge I received from working with FedEx Office, it truly is an enjoyable place to work, with great opportunities and tons of things to learn ! The only thing that heavily discouraged me, and eventually demolished my motivation not only to work there, but just in my everyday life was the flawed management chain. Nearly every manager you find here in Baton Rouge is outstanding, except for the one I work for. The turnover rate for the store / manager I work for is one of the highest in the district. The manager is a great teacher, and sometimes even offers great incentive ! But most of the time they lack strength and confidence in juggling basic managerial tasks and motivating the team.

I thoroughly enjoyed the work of helping customers with their urgent printing and shipping needs, helping them find the solutions they were looking for, and recommending great products and services they were unaware of. My coworkers here are some of the best coworkers I've ever had the pleasure of working with, they're very very personable and friendly, and even harder workers.
Pros
Good Full-Time benifits, Great Work Environment, Great Wages
Cons
Management can be a bit lacking at times
Fun place to work
Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 7, 2018
Very enjoyable place to work. Interesting meeting and helping people everyday. Would reccomend for a college student. Always learning new techniques and ways to do things.
Great for those who can work under intense pressure and scrutiny, difficult for others.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MNOctober 4, 2018
Days are almost always busy at FedEx. Between shipping, production and retail, there are a number of aspects of the store that require frequent maintenance and activity. A normal day consists of taking customer orders, shipping packages and keeping the store clean. Every day provides learning opportunities.
I felt that management varied based on who was being spoken to. Some managers were a bit more lax, others were unappreciative and critical. The company overall is forward-looking and encourages growth from its employees. Company policies change fairly regularly making it hard to consistently do all aspects of the job properly.
The hardest part of the job is managing time. There are always things to do so it is important to prioritize. I feel like the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying customers with a nice product or quick shipping transaction.
Pros
Occasional free food, the opportunity to have long breaks and a close-knit atmosphere.
Cons
Low tolerance for failure, busyness makes it hard to train and it is difficult to satisfy everyone.
Fun work place
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. I left due to lack of ability to work remote. Management wanted all time in office when not traveling. Hated to leave.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Not remote work
FedEx Office has been great to me!
Corporate Sales (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 2, 2018
I have worked for FedEx Office for over 10 years. In that time I have grown leaps and bounds as a Sales professional. When I came to FedEx Office I had little sales experience but they have taken the time to help me grow and learn.
Pros
Great work environment, strong management, job security
Cons
Avg healthcare, inability to advance
FedEx Office can be a wonderful place to work as they are integrity driven
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 1, 2018
Company is focused on Numbers, many reports due weekly. The environment is bright and healthy, the people are smart and have the opportunity to grow with the Company. The pay across the board is very unfair.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Benefits
Cons
Low Pap
Busy Busy
Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 1, 2018
Very busy most of the time. Job security but can be hard to move up. Compensation could be better.....................................................
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Long work days
Its a job
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 30, 2018
Its a job with a steady paycheck, what's to complain about. The rest of this review I am only typing cause the site requires a 150 word minimum which is ridiculous but whatever.
Transition Culture
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 27, 2018
During my tenure at Fed Ex Office, the company was in transition, as Kinkos merged with FedEx shortly before my joining the company. It took quite some time to re-brand the company and to establish it as a provider of print, packaging, consulting service company in the marketplace that afforded the best services of both Federal Express and Kinkos.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Office. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight