FedEx Office Employee Reviews

Found 2,282 reviews matching the search See all 2,344 reviews
Interesting place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2019
Nice environment to work in but they expect so much of with little pay the expectations are way to high for the amount of money they pay you. My manager was very professional and nice but her boss wanted alot and demanded she cut my hours cause store wasn't preforming up to his expectations. Which I understand but the store us small so of course we wont make as much as a big store but he didnt care
Pros
Nice work atomosphere
Cons
Felt like i was working for pennies
Great company with excellent benefits.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 13, 2019
This has been a great company to work for. The variety in each day is one of the reasons I've been with FedEx for over a decade. However, growth is only easy with the company if you're flexible to moving. And even then, there is a current trend of outside hires witch is slowing growth of inside positions. And from what I'm seeing, it's a trend of inconsistent customer service due to lack of product and service knowledge.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Shipping discounts, Easy to transfer if you need to move.
Cons
Low noncompetitive pay
Busy but usually well maintained
Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 14, 2019
This was a good place to work. There were great benefits for employees here, but there is a definite disconnect between employees in the store and the upper management who don't actually work in the stores. While they try to help employees by offering a competitive wage, they have cut the number of actual employees in stores down to the bare minimum. If any person misses a shift or quits, there is a great increase in pressure on the other team members to fill the gaps but there is no help from higher positions to help cover these openings.
Pros
Great benefits, fun coworkers
Cons
No support from upper management, bare bones employee staffing
Fast paced not for everyone
Lead Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJanuary 3, 2019
Depending on what center you work In it can get pretty stressfull your are on the trenches. They really want you to shove satisfaction surveys down people's throats and management seems to care about about that than anything else. They recently changed scheduling good luck getting 40 or even 32 hours one day you might work a full 8 hours then the next day 4 hours that's if you have a full staff with most centers do not. Career advancement is like pulling teeth or you have to be pals with the center manager and communication is non existent you can Internally apply for a position and then no response from anyone
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Hard to advance career, can be stressful at times
Great company to work for with fantastic people.
Store Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 31, 2019
My overall working experience was wonderful, working with people who enjoyed my company as well and where the customers were challenging as well as a joy to work for. Whether we were working in high volume capacity or not get the job done brought a feeling of satisfaction to our customers.
Pros
Working with awesome people, and helping wonderful customers.
Cons
Depending on location, schedule flexibility.
Overall the job is easy to attain, physically it can be challenging.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 29, 2018
The job has it's ups and downs as does every job. It was easy to get, when I showed up for the hiring tour (there is no interview), I was told the job is mine, he was just there to basically give me a run-down of the warehouse and responsibilities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, unloading trucks, sorting packages according to their label, lifting somewhat heavy packages and loading trucks/cans to board an airplane. (I am at he ship center where we handle priority shipments.) Training was absent, but as long as you aren't afraid to ask people what to do, coworkers are the best source of information. The benefits kick in after your first 90 days.
Ok
Project Coordinator & Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2018
There are so many different aspects of the job that you learn something new every day. There is a ton of upward mobility - a great number of district managers have been with the company for 15-20 years. The job is challenging both physically and intellectually. Corporate is also transparent with employees far beyond what other companies' standard level of forthrightness. I'd say that most employees view the company …
Ok for short term
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2018
FXO is a great place to work...for the short term. It's easy work as long as you can tolerate standing all day. Stores in residential areas ship a lot of ...everything: tvs, tires, dishes, etc. So be ready to get a workout. Business centers (the ones like downtown) usually only ship smaller things. If you sign up for an FXO in a hotel or convention center you get perks like free lunch.

A lot of the managers in the company are horribly lazy...but guess that's anywhere you go. You are expected to be a salesman and push product and services. Each store has numbers that the company makes you hit. Overall not a bad temporary job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Selling "product of the month"
If I would have had a better Store Management I would have stayed longer
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 6, 2018
Everything was good at the store I worked at until I came back from maternity leave and then the new store manager was impossible too work with. Even though I was full time employee she would schedule me for only 20 hours and would not stick with the schedule we agreed on when I came in and spoke with her on my maternity leave on Center days I needed off too be with my son cause my husband was working those days
Pros
Fast paced and I made a lot of good friends
Cons
The manager was horrible
It can be a fun place to work
Lead Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 8, 2019
The job can be fun, it is fast paced with a lot of jumping around and multitasking to meet several deadlines. I luckily had a very understanding and good manager, but I've been other locations were management did little to further train or help become more efficient. Compensation and raises were few even though more responsibilities get placed on you.
Very fast past, and gives you lots of room to grow and expand your skills.
LEAD CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Great company to work for, amazing benefits and good management. Lots of room to grow and improve. Pay is flexible based on your skill level, and you can always expect a very professional and comfortable work environment.
Pros
Fun, Fast Past, Professionalism, great managers, room to grow.
Cons
Not completely flexible with hours.
Learned customer service skills.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDNovember 13, 2018
Sometimes very busy having to quickly help customers when very busy while still giving good service.
I learned print editing, poster making, design logos, all aspects of what FedEx does in a store.
Management was good.
Made friends there, the culture is friendly.
Sometimes not enough help when we are super busy, I would feel like I was running a marathon.
Enjoyed working with others.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, having to work weekends most of the time.
Expect to work long hours!
Senior Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 14, 2019
The work life balance is horrible. I work 60 hrs per week and am salaried so no OT pay. Staffing the store is near impossible due to the cost of living in the area and the amount the team members are expected to do. There is a huge learning curve so expect to spend the first 6 months just trying to figure out what's going on.
Pros
discount shipping
Cons
work life balance
Horrible place to work, do not recommend.
Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LANovember 6, 2018
I would not recommend this place to anyone seeking employment both full-time or part-time. This company creates a hostile work environment. Due to lack of communication between coworkers and management, issues are cannot be resolved. Team leads gossip daily,and shows favoritism among team members. There is no room for growth and advancement.
Pros
decent rate of pay, good benefits
Cons
gossip, favoritism, no communication, no room for advancement, horrible hours
Good Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 27, 2018
It is a good place to work. However, if you have a masters degree it will not do you any good. They do not count that if you are looking for a promotion. They expect you earn your promotion. It is also difficult for an assistant manager to receive an upper management position because people do not leave or retire early.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
your degree does not matter
P.U.D./Same Day City Courier (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 30, 2018
Dispatch is in Texas(I'm in Michigan) so there are a bumps to deal with but not many. Dispatch is good. The adding and cancelling pickups are iffy. The 1 thing that was questionable is there would be a pick up at a FedEx Office location and there will be 1 or 2 drivers sitting in the parking lot doing nothing. I would drive 15 miles to that location and they are just sitting there.
Also details of deliveries(i.e. how many boxes, weight and location of delivery) which is the fault of the employees in the center.
Pros
Easy to work for and co workers are nice
Cons
Central dispatch for the whole country is in Texas.
Amazing
Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDOctober 29, 2018
FedEx Office was by far the best job I've ever had. The customers that we got to meet and spend time with (creating orders) were from all walks of life. I could meet a mother who lost her child and needed obituary cards, or, a couple who just got engaged and wanted wedding invitations. The amount of emotional stamina, flexibility, charisma and people skills needed to work there was through the roof and I loved my job for that. It felt like we were REALLY providing a service and helping people.
Upper Tier Retail Job. Easy to start, hard to stay.
Customer Service & Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  1743 Sheridan DriveNovember 5, 2018
Definitely an above average place to work. Pay is good for the amount of work asked of you. However it is quite difficult to advance in position or salary without changing locations or going through long assessment period.
Pros
Location, Insurance, Long Breaks, Long and detailed training.
Cons
Management, Promotional Opportunities, Hard to navigate online perks
Good job security but no advancement.
LEAD CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 4, 2018
FedEx office talks a good game when it comes to corporate culture, they do a good job of inclusion, but are still all about the bottom line, no job advancement, and I do believe they want to improve and help charitable functions, still haven't instituted a recycle corporate culture as one of the biggest production and distribution of advertisements worldwide.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
Challenging and rewarding job.
Center Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 1, 2018
There is a very tough learning curve working for FedEx Office. You will be wearing many hats, sometimes they will involve overlapping responsibilities. It can be frustrating, but it is worth it.
Pros
Great benefits, including matching 401(k) and health insurance. Vacation time, Paid holidays
Cons
Can be stressful, some shifts are shorter-staffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Office. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight