FedEx Office Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,052 reviews matching the search See all 2,106 reviews
Inefficient work ethic, with great benefits
Centralized Dispatcher - Corporate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2018
When I first began working at FedEx Office it was a great environment, but over time it has become lackluster. The company used to strive on it efficiency, but with no programs in place it is anything but that.
Pay is not competitive with other companies in the area, however the benefits are pretty good. If your needing work for benefits, this is the place, however if you need the money, I would not bank on this company.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Laid Back
CENTER CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 20, 2018
A typical day at my location is laid back. I enjoyed working with my team member. There was poor management and poor training. The best part was the flexible hours and the down time.
Great Work experience.
Lead Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 18, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Fedex Office. The management was second to none. I was lucky to be part of that team. I learned strong leadership, teamwork. Working with customers allowed me to really understand the importance of communication of both sides.
Do not accept a job as a Dispatcher for FedEx Office
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 16, 2018
This job was once a good job to have. They had a management staff that really cared about their people. The pay wasn't good, just a few conversations with practically anyone else in the Company will tell you that you make less than they do. Advancement is non-existent unless you have print experience because these new managers are not going anywhere anytime soon. All of this was tolerable because the job was stressful but you felt that Management really had your back.

Now you are in micro management purgatory. You hear a lot more about your mistakes than you do about your successes, even if you have a lot of successes and a few mistakes the few mistakes will feel like mountains compared to any small thing made out of success you have. They force you to use new software that is sub-par to the previous software because it is "capable" of self dispatch...i.e. they want you to work out all the bugs, and there are many, so they can replace you with software that makes most of the decisions and reduces their workforce. This causes more stress because the new software is terrible.

Finally, because it is a stressful work environment, people are always calling out. This is much worse now than it was under previous management. When they call out, you may be asked to cover more than one area and if you make mistakes in that area, you hear about it, even though there is no way to know everything about each area, they are all too different from each other.And you may or may not get your break, and it most likely won't be on time if you get it. It is sad to see what was once a pretty
  more... good job go downhill this badly. Don't say you weren't warned.  less
Pros
Once was a good job with good managers
Cons
Everything now
Stressful, understaffed, and inconsistant work hours
ASM (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 15, 2018
Recent changes to the company has changed the company for the worse. For the first several years, the goals of the company were focused around the customer and the employees. Now, it could care less about the employees, and that in turn has caused a shift into terrible customer service and a high rate of turnover.
Great company to work for!
Production Specialist (Graveyard) (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of finishing jobs that are due by noon. These jobs would range from making copies, printing files, binding into books, printing posters and banners, ringing up customers and taking orders as well. Because I worked graveyard I would also have to clean and stock supplies for the day shifts.

While working at FedEx I learned how to manage my time during stressful time frames and self manage because I would work alone for the first four hours of my shift. Often I would have to make decisions that cold affect how production would run the next day.

I really enjoyed my time with FedEx and the people I worked with. In the end I would have to say that the hardest part about my time with FedEx was that I wasn't around to communicate with management or other coworkers due to my schedule as often as i would have liked.
Pros
With an 8 hour shift we would get a 45 minute paid lunch and two 10 minute unpaid breaks.
Cons
I never felt that there were any negitive sides to have a paid 45 minute lunch
Forced into working night shift, overwork good employees
Store Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 14, 2018
I loved working at Fedex Office until after a year working there they changed my schedule. They basically forced me to be a closer while i was working daytime hours previously. The manager doesn't hire enough people to prevent these type of changes from happening. Got stuck working with a slower employee so i had to pick up the pace for them. That shouldn't be my problem. They only have 2 people on staff when there needs to be 3-4 especially working with slow paced people in a busy workplace.Then has the same opening person everyday which is not fair since I been so lenient to help cover the night shift until they find someone. You will have no life working mid shifts 10-8pm, and nights 12-9pm everyday. I hate this and that's why i'm looking for a 9-5 job.
Pros
Pay more than most in my area, benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
Stuck working night shift, not enough employees to run store, always hiring new people, older employees get better/consistent shifts, stuck working with slower employee while your working twice as fast
Not if you want a life outside of work
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAJune 13, 2018
If you want to leave work on time..ever...not the best job for you. Workaholics are best suited for fedex office. The company almost expects you do stay late every day till the store closes.
Salary could be higher but great team, equipment and management
SameDay City Courier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
Fantastic,fast paced work environment, state of the art equipment and pleasant work team and management, pay could be more competitive compared to Express Courier as we have more duties involved in our day to day operations.
Pros
state of the art equipment, flexible schedules, good team building
Cons
low pay
time to move on
Senior Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2018
Good place to work however salary does not reflect accurately in duties or cost of living. There is no room for salary improvements and only a 3% increase no matter how well your preform
Once a great company
Interim Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 10, 2018
There was a time that this job was worth having, back in an era known as "the Kinkos Days". The driver of the business now is for you as an entry level employee to do:

Janitorial work

Menial cleaning tasks (which is understandable at times)

Being a sales person (SPECIFICALLY using key phrases, otherwise you risk write up/verbal write up/firing)

Knowing about domestic and international shipping

Being aware of graphic design problems, with no formal training and
having to figure it out on your own constantly

SLOW EMAIL/INTERNET (how can you run a business center with the inbox for customers receiving emails at a staggering 15 minute wait time after hitting "send"?)

Working alone - this happens WAY more often than it should. This is a safety risk, overworking/burning out the employees and you do

NOT receive recognition for your hard work/efforts beyond your
peers/direct manager. You will not be recognized for it because everyone is doing it.

IN SUMMATION:

This job CAN help you multitask, project manage, and certainly become more accountable...however; the stress level to pay ratio is often not worth it. The benefits packages are great and you get paid just enough to stay, especially if you are in college, but it is extremely stressful and they will work the snot out of you and then yell at you if you forgot to use certain sales phrases during a transaction. SO you must be a sales person, janitor, shipping coordinator, while managing multiple print jobs, watching the emails, answering the phone within 2 rings (that's a rule) - otherwise you're
  more... not doing your job properly.

Then people wonder why the employees are rude; they've all been burnt out, overworked, developed anxiety or depression. FIX YOUR COMPANY FROM WITHIN - UPGRADE YOUR INTERNET AND CLOCK IN SYSTEMS (Expect the website you clock in at to average 3 minutes per punch in, punch out and lunch breaks).
Pros
Benefits and decent pay, depending on manager - flexible scheduling
Cons
Everything else.
It was good.
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at FedEx office. They offered really great benefits. There are a lot of opportunities to move up if you desire to. A lot of great people work here.
Great Manager
Hospitality Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2018
Great place to work, I worked with a really great group of people. We worked together as a team. My manager was awesome, she demonstrated and set the tone for how she wanted the work environment to be, which was very professional and and courteous towards one another. She set the bar high, and taught us everything, and wanted us to excel and do or very best when working with the customers. If she was having a bad day you wouldn't know it because she gave her all each and everyday and she treated her employees equal and with much respect. We all put forth effort in the work place every single day making it a success, including her. When you work in a positive environment it makes your job easy, fun. You don't mind going to work when your surroundings are peaceful.
Pros
great environment. great manager, great team, great experience
Cons
pay could be better, perks, company itself can be better support to employees
Good People, company leaves something to desire.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at FedEx Office for the most part. The people were great, I loved the customers. The work itself was very gratifying; being able to help people through creating or improving their needs.
The hours you work are inconsistent and you close alot but some people don't close at all
Customer Service/ Sales Associate--Shipping SME (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2018
Hard work and not enough help lifting boxes and stressful customers who complain a lot.I have a lot of coworkers that are not happy with this job either.
Pros
Benefits are good.
Cons
There is not enough raises for the wrk that we do to keep up with society.
Corporate Account Manager
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working here, but this was before the FedEx merge. This position allowed you to be out in the field dealing directly with customers. Quotas were obtainable and compensation was fair. I enjoyed the environment and the people I worked with.
Easy work
Sales Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 5, 2018
Job is very easy and fun if you make it that way. can be very rewarding up until the month ends then nothing in the past matters because it is a new month. TONS of freedom to plan out day to day.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
sales job, bonuses are based of district not individual sales.
Work place experience
Store Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 5, 2018
Fedex Office can be a decent workplace. Team members are always pleasant to work with and really hold things together. On the other hand, management can sometimes be better but it's difficult when they still learning the basics on how things are really ran in the store.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Needs better management
Good Company
Regional Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 5, 2018
FedEx Office is a good solid company. You can chart your career to be what ever you want it to be. They expect a lot, but you are rewarded for your efforts.
Pros
Training, advancement
Cons
Can't think of any
Fun
Retail Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 4, 2018
Fast paced environment. It's really hard to get off at scheduled time. I always stayed an hour later most days. Usually short handed. Employees are friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Office. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight