FedEx

Based on 4,544 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Hard Work

Working in a warehouse environment with extremely physical work that has to be done quickly to get mail to customers. Not much compensation and mostly part-time work. There is some opportunity for advancement, but it is difficult to advance unless you are willing to relocate. Good for a part-time job if you have other sources of income.

Pros

friendly managers

Cons

little breaks, extremely strict on being on time

Fun working environment depending on what store you are at

I enjoy my team members but the job is physically/mentally demanding. It’s so much things you have to do and your paid a barely livable wage. Not much room for growth or to move up in the company.

Pros

Sometimes free lunch

Cons

Not properly compensated for the amount of work you do

Depends on which location

It's a physical job. But once you get past that. It is really easy to move up and the benefits are way better than any other company I've worked for.

Pros

Benefits/pay

Cons

Definitely can get overworked. Learn to say no.

Waste of time

Don't bother, no safety, horrible work culture, building conditions are terrible. Management stands around while even if there is an issue reported to them till their boss gets on their case.

The entry-level people you work with makes the job more tolerable

A job that requires someone who is fit and willing to work hard in an outdoor, factory environment. Management can be shady but the people you work next to makes the job more manageable. Getting paid weekly is a huge plus.

Okay place to work

Alright place to work part time esp for benefits purposes. The environment is honestly not the best and is not a place I personally seek to grow and move up. Does what I need it to do for the time being.

The work is pretty straighforward, but the managers hardly give you the time to learn the peculiarities of the scanners -

The package handling part is straightforward, but mostly all the managers barely show you the peculiarities of the scanners, so you will become frustrated when you get stuck- meanwhile packages are going past you.Then later you are told your "your package scan % is bad" ...this is pretty aggravating when you are new there

Pros

Paychecks come out every Friday right on time and direct deposit

Cons

The battery powered scanners are used by other shifts, so you arrive for your shift, try to startup a scanner and the batteries are already dead at the start. They make so much money, they could buy another rack or two of scanners.

Great company.

FEDEX was very supportive of me going to school while I worked part-time. Management worked with my schedule. I would bring my school schedule in and I was accommodated. There were people who complained about the job, but they were also the lazy ones. I worked very hard at FEDEX, and my hard work was rewarded, I got my Nursing degree while working there. Thank you FEDEX.

Cons

Co-worker Call outs

Toxic all around

Toxic environment you will never excel here, management is unreasonable, they push you until you break and don't care for you as a person. Don't work with you or care about personal life

Pros

Cons

Management, toxic environment

Very Unprofessional

If you are a hard worker avoid this place at all cost. They will take advantage, they do not care about your well being or making the environment inclusive to all people. Management is bias and plays favoritism.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, Work Environment

Ops manager no work like balance

Either you all Fedex or none at all , management is always changing people are always trying to one up you and the politics there are horribleThey pry them self and work life balance but they do not have any work life balance and you don’t get to pick your hours as operations manager

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Everything else

Are you interested in becoming a robot?

Fedex Trade Networks turnover rate is high due to management and lack of work/life balance. I wouldn't recommend at all. They lack understanding of personal needs/health/mental health. The staff is overworked and underpaid. This whole pandemic our team was left in the dark and had no idea what was coming next.

Benefits

Cons

Work/life balance amongst other things

Exhausting

Just not good MGMT. in my opinion could be way better if u ask me. Don’t care about workers enough. I don’t really have much more to say about it other then that

Pros

Not many

Cons

Hours

Do Not Recommend Working at this Location

The typical work day begins at 3:00am and ends at around 10:00am. You practically work about 7 hours a day working either Sunday thru Thursday or Tuesday thru Saturday without a break. From my experience here, I stack packages onto pallets for about 7 delivery vans, while other package handlers only stack packages onto pallets for only 4 or 5 delivery vans. Yes, this place is severely understaffed and is either slow to hire more people or they don't hire additional help at all, in which causes most people to quit (along with a lack of training new hires). The morale of coworkers is very low and toxic in some cases. You will be moved around to other van lines due to constant call-offs, or assist in the unload, placing non-conveyables onto carts.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

No 401k for package handlers, favoritism only advances, no breaks

Tiring and unprofessional

It’s a very active job. Be prepared to lose a good amount of weight. Management is ok…could be better. Inconsistent hours. They make cuts often. So it isn’t a good job to have as a main source of income.

Pros

Lots of activity

Cons

No breaks, non temperature controlled environment

Nothing special but opportunity is there

Decent job for no education. Good benefits after some time in. High turnover leads to being over worked for but over all I can't complain. It's a great job to have especially if you are looking to move out of state at least you can transfer.

Nice workplace nice people horrible management

Fine job nice pay only problem about this place are the entitled egotastic managers Make the job harder than it really needs to be Honestly I’m pretty happy they let me go I probably would’ve ended up fighting one of the managers

Pros

Nice pay great people to work withManagers

Cons

Managers

Good palace

It's a good place to work and the pay is good. management is always around when you need a helping hand. the workplace culture is good you meet all king of people.

They don't care

They only think of the shareholders and executives. Do not believe you will be getting a raise every year when they tell you that in the interview.

Pros

If you want a ton of hours you can get them

Cons

Healthcare, pay, stress

Everyone is a team

The FedEx commercial delivery driver is a great position for anyone who enjoys working at your own pace without being micromanaged as well as being a team player.

Wouldn’t recommend

Seasonal is a completely joke. People End up quitting & now you are left alone. Managers just watch over you 24/7! Workers don’t care about packages being handled wrong & I don’t blame them you’d think this very popular company would pay good but it doesn’t.

Cons

Only 15 mins break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

8.4K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at FedEx.
Powered byComparably

Compare FedEx with

• FedEx
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?