FedEx Employee Reviews

Found 17,154 reviews matching the search See all 18,672 reviews
productive, fun, workplace
Package Handler Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Show new hires how to properly load and unload packages
Follow all the rules and regulations
Sort packages
Make sure delivery is successful
ensure delivered goods go to intended destination
It is casual and i have learned alot, but no room for advancement
Liaison (Current Employee) –  Hutchins, TXJanuary 19, 2019
I load trucks and work on the line, and now I work in QA, there is no room for advancement and not offering part time. I really like the benefits offered through this employer.
Cons
bad climate conditions
Ellenwood area fed ex will bury ya
Mall handler (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJanuary 19, 2019
Did a few months at Fed ex & it was okay at 1st until my back started hurting after 2 weeks of loading trailers my back started hurting , that’s what happens when you don’t use team lift . I hated when they used to pull my off my trailer to help someone than my trailer get backed up like come on bruh I need help stacking my wall of boxes 📦 too

I saw people get fired left and right over not reading the boxes make sure the box says nyc than sent it to NYC don’t sent with trailer that’s going to Cali SMH😞☹️
Pros
Weekly pay, free parking and break room
Cons
Not enough work hrs, pay wages and unprofessionalism
sucks
courier (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJanuary 19, 2019
Never had a chance to succeed. I was constantly on the road with little to no training for the environment I was working at. They trained me in Pheonix for their city but its totally different in the rural areas.
Good place to work and good opportunities
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 19, 2019
The job is not easy and sometimes heavy but the company gives you a lot opportunities to grow. They have good benefits. It is difficult to change shifts because they give opportunities to those who have worked there longer.
The pay is ok but the hours are bad
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJanuary 19, 2019
The job is hard and you will only work a few hrs out of the day maybe 3 hours a day and thats not enough to live of off what so ever i dont see how people can survive working tbere honestly
Pros
Good money per hour
Cons
Short breaks hard work low hrs
Tense and uncomfortable olace to work.
Bulk Unloader (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 18, 2019
The management doesn't assist you, or bring you assistance in the form of other workers or helpers. Its a Dog-Eat-Dog world in there. Survival of the fittest, and if you are not friends with your managers they will throw you under the bus and help out their friends. Very stressful place for introverts and people who like to just do their job and go home. The most enjoyable part of the day was going home.
Pros
It was a pay check.
Cons
Everything.
Good Solid Company
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 18, 2019
Fedex Freight despite its heavy and late hours is a good company. They will take care of their employees provided the employees take care of their job.
Safety is a very important while working at fed ex
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2019
Fed ex is a great company to work for. They are a forever growing company and offer opportunity to move up the managers are respectful and does a great job on keeping there work group in formed
owner operator
Delivery Driver/Route Owner (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJanuary 17, 2019
fast pace not worth a darn. to much driving and stops for the pay and being a 1099 employee. 250 to 300 miles a day with 100 plus stops.
would not do it again if I had the oppertunity
Pros
its a job
Cons
fast pace - contract labor
Demanding
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 17, 2019
Demanding hours. Work life balance is not good. Training was extensive but not followed at the local level. The pay and benefits are good for all positions throughout the company. You can move up but you may sacrifice more then you expected. This only relates to a management position. I would recommend courier, handler and CSA jobs at FedEx Express.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Environment
Chaos for beginners
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 17, 2019
trucks lacks basic interior lighting after 5;30 pm it becomes very very hard finding parcels and streets,smell of fumes diesel no ac. average of 79 to 90 stop daily. get to know some good people team players as well as other kind individual who only look for themselves sad but true. management only care about the job get done regardless employee sacrifice or even safety. the hardest part oj the job in my opinion is when you have a route mostly commercial and at the end of the day still have 25 more stops residencial that need to done no matter what or you get a code 27 7 Package Not Delivered – No Attempt
Pros
Money
Cons
No life
Positive
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  East nyJanuary 17, 2019
Just be confident and answer the questions best of your knowledge . When I had my interview I knew I was going to get a call back because I had prior experience in this field and I was great at doing it so my confidence was real high
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 16, 2019
Very poor management, no communication. They has they picks and do how they wants. No compassion for the people. The don't care about the associates as long as the work gets done.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no breaks
Great Place to learn Managment Development Skills.
Ops Manager II-HUB (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2019
FedEx allowed for advancement and trains from within, allowing growth and strong team-building environments. Flexible schedules and great leadership staffing.
laid back work area
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJanuary 16, 2019
On of the most laid back places i have ever worked. I enjoy the management and team of co-workers among me .The pay is decent .I would recommend anyone just starting out to take a shot with the company
Proud to have contributed in the way I did as FedEx phased in their brand
Field Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2019
I was hired as FedEx bought Kinko's. I learned all store operations, and am an expert with print and digital design, though untrained. As FedEx was phased in, I took over all technology assets for 18 busy branches in downtown Boston and Cambridge. All of these branches had unique management styles. The entire network system was modernized and all equipment changed vendors, and I managed it all. I received a Beacon Award for the example I showed to other team members, and honorable mention for the Purple Promise, the highest award in the corporation.
Pros
Freedom to do my job.
Cons
Underemployed
Fun and involved work enviornment
PACKAGE HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 16, 2019
I love working for such an awesome company. Awesome benefits and decent pay. I love everyone I work with and work for. It may not be the most glamorous job, but it certainly gets the bills paid when needed.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
no breaks
Productive workplace
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Must be able to lift 50 plus pounds of products and very fast paste. Good work place for high school and college students. Older adults have been there for 10 plus years. Competitive salary and can apply for full time positions after 1 year of employment or 1,000 hours worked, which ever comes first.
Pros
Free lunches during peak season
Cons
Can't work full time until after 1 year of employement
It was a good place to work just bad management
Buger king (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 16, 2019
Anybody looking to work at FedEx just have a positive mind...the job was great it was the people I guess when u manage some some folks feel it's okay to disrespect other people when it's not

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx. Our community is ready to answer.

57K

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight