FedEx Employee Reviews in Champaign, IL

Fast pace
The hours were very early and there was a lot of walking and heavy lifting it was a good place until I found my other job . It's not for anyone who has a bad back it is a lot of lifting and very early
Interesting company to work where safety is important and staff mutual respect emphasized
Work is interesting, safety important and friendly atmosphere to work. And staff are free to air their views and company' s motto is mutual respect by staff.
Productive factory
I would load boxes and bags onto 8-16 wheeler trucks. There was a stat tracker at the top of everyone's truck and you would have to do 1000 boxes per minutes unloading.
fast pace
Fedex was a very fast pace job that required you to reach new goal every week. I learned that if you work hard enough you can make it a career. hardest part about this job is getting used the work. But if you put in the hard work you can do great things with the company.
Overall Experience
My overall work experience at FedEx wasn't the best. I had the worse experience with management The workers were treated like animals and not people. Also black people were faced with racism daily.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Nice job, bad hours, until it's not so nice
Preloading (putting packages on trucks or carts for the truck drivers) is more interesting to me than unloading (taking inbound packages off the trucks), but can be frustrating when the packages are thrown down from the other half of the line and when the Android-based scanner decides not to work. It is difficult to set and keep a sleep schedule that works for the 3:30-8:00a shift. A significant part of orientation was how to survive a workplace shooter, even before general safety or how to load and unload packages. The hardest part of the job is by far the schedule. Some of the packages are extra-heavy as well. The best part of the job is the satisfaction of getting the packages to the truckers so they can deliver them to the people (or pets, in the case of boxes from Chewy.com) that they are being sent to.
Pros
job is somewhat interesting
Cons
schedule, working 4½ hours a day or less means no breaks, "full-time" people work two part time shifts
Definitely without a doubt one of the most racist places you can work.
A certain group of people is asked to do what they can while others are demanded to go above and beyond to make up the difference. Rules like being on time or performance minimums are enforced selectively etc. If you want to know what it was like to build pyramids in Egypt, and you look like you descended from the people who did........ This is the place for you
Terrible decision
Needed a job and was desperate. Next time I'll have standards for the places I work. FedEx will never be in my future because of the unsafe work environment some of the supervisors created.
Bad management
Contractor try to have you run to routes but only want to pay you for one. Great work environment. No benefits with the contractor I was working for but he's the only one that does that
Get paid to workout
Decent place to work with decent people if you’re thick skinned. Everybody was chill and cool I’d work there again anyday. Paid weekly you get what you put in.
Pros
Good pay, hours
Cons
Temperature and cleaning up others messes
Must approach everyday with a Growth Mindset
The job can be challenging at times but there is always opportunity for advancement. The company culture is probably the best feature of working for FedEx!
Very stressful and difficult to advance
There was merely a high demand for productivity with little compensation to be had for the ridiculously high demand of productivity. Yes the pay was relatively nice (not enough to sustain ones self) but there was no real incentive to work at the pace that they expected to be every employees bare minimum.
Good Job
I worked as a delivery driver for Fed Ex. You actually work for an independent contractor that is hired under the Fed Ex label. Good job, kept you busy.
i like it
its hot they need air condition its a good work environment its a fast pace witch I love. and I like working around people. I am a good worker employees are thrill too work at fed ex
Pros
the pay is ok
Cons
more hours
Very produce great people
Great place to work. Keeps you on your toes. You work in all elements of weather so you have yo be prepared at all times. As long as you stay positive it’s a great place to work. I love this job, I just need to make more money as I am a single mom.
Pros
Fun stay busy
Cons
Benefits low pay
Very fast paced and work is expected to be done quickly
Work got to be very stressful at times but at the end of the day you just accept it because you know that it's gonna be a little tough since you expected to be lifting boxes all day and loading trailers.
hard
unless you are physically strong it is very hard to work this job. it is extremely demanding. it is a great workout though if you can keep up and maintain.
Fast-paced, labor intensive
I have a bad back so, I was moved around a lot so that I was constantly re-injured. Most employees are friendly, but there isn't much time for conversation. Shifts are 3.5-4 hours long with breaks in between. Being part-time you were required to work one shift but could return. full-time has to work at least 2 shifts. Raises were frequent at the beginning, however, they slow down pretty quickly.
Fast paced work
Got know what you doing. Know different between hot and cold truck scan package . upload trucks grateful pay paid train no unform u get Free stuff like a cup
Pros
Pleaty water
Cons
Short break
Awesome breakroom.
Working at FedEx is a good job but you have to move fast and know what you're doing at all times but there are a lot of good people that works there and they pay every week so that's a plus also.
Not good
Not good not able to get off when needed driving semi P& D was ok for time off.But was part time and temp.during Dec peak only. Was not able to get full time at P& D
Pros
not good timing .
Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx. Our community is ready to answer.
8K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at FedEx.