FedEx
Happiness rating is 67 out of 100

FedEx Employee Reviews for Package Handler

Found 6,330 reviews matching the search
Working in a warehouse environment with extremely physical work that has to be done quickly to get mail to customers. Not much compensation and mostly part-time work. There is some opportunity for advancement, but it is difficult to advance unless you are willing to relocate. Good for a part-time job if you have other sources of income.
Pros
friendly managers
Cons
little breaks, extremely strict on being on time
Management has been great with working around things outside of work. The job is okay. It is part-time, so you do not get a lot of hours so that is bad.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Part-time
An average package handling position. It is physically intense, but medical benefits don't kick in until 1 year out. You'll be fine if you can avoid injury, read labels, and show up. There was no formal interview as the employee retention is low.
Pros
Exercise, quick hiring process, stable schedule
Cons
Short staff causes extra work, messy environment, no enforcement for safety
Every day you’re set to a goal and they threaten your job if you can’t do it. Management is horrid and doesn’t ever respond to employee contact. The start time changes almost daily too and they will send you home early if they don’t feel you’re doing enough or your not putting out like others even if your giving it your all. They don’t care about employees and I have been reminded with my entire department multiple times that we are expendable and we will be replaced if we don’t get at least close to the nearly inhuman goal of 1000 boxes an hour unloading.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks, hardly any advancement, constantly changing schedule
Lazy management...alot favoritism...feels like temp work.. although you hired by the company...if manager actually cared ..that facility would be greater than it is...the workers work hard I can say but the management don't wanna work with the workers...the manager stone is great manager and communication skills
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, no type of structure
Job seekers rely on your experience.
The pay was decent, started around 15 an hour for a summer part time job. The hours were inconsistent and were sometimes only 2 hours a day. The worst part was how busy you were. It was very stressful and packages were often flying down chutes and you had no way of keeping up. There weren't enough people in the trucks and you often had to work by yourself and go between multiple trucks with no break. The management didn't really care how you were working and yelled if you were sluggish.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
They didn’t have consistency on hours they didn’t follow rules far as wearing a mask they didn’t sanitizer the building nor did they help others they needed help unloading..
It was a nice little job but you didn't get a lot of hours. I was a package Handler for FedEx, worked about 3 to 4 hours in the morning and the pay was great but it wasn't enough money.
its hard work but if you show up everyday its ok. sometimes your coworkers call in sick and you have to cover for them which is hard but at the end of the day it all gets done.
The pay was good and the managers were the best managers I've ever had in any job. The team really did work as a team, if I needed help they would always help me. I started in December and the warehouse was cold, but that was easily fixed with a sweater. Unfortunately the job was very physical and there was no AC in the summer time so I left.
Pros
Good managers, weekly pay, good hours and good benefits.
Cons
No AC in the summer time
FedEx employees usually stay pretty busy with a number of daily tasks. But no matter the position or task, there is still lots of room for flexibility. Training is simple enough and the hours are reasonable. The benefits that are offered through the FEDEX company are amazing and worth every moment of employment with the company.
Very fast pace job, always on your feet. Easy to pick up hours . Worked mornings. Met great coworkers and FEW good managers. Part of management was just bad at times and took advantage. For example, I would be swamped alone while a manager would just stand and stare while on my days off there would be 3-4 people doing my area. Best advice is to get your workload done,help others and keep your health priority. . It is a PART time job. Good luck.
Pros
Good part time job. Paid every Friday. Safety
Cons
No full time.
Great place to work. Requires a lot of physical strength, so be prepared. It’s like working out at the gym for hours. But, you usually don’t work more than 5 or 6 hours.
It’s good for a part time pay check but it doesn’t pay all your bills. It’s really hard to get hours. Most of the time you don’t get breaks unless they work you over 6 hours. Your phone has to stay in ur car or lock outside the gate so when you do go on break and it’s snowing your standing in the snow to check your phone.
Pros
It’s only about 5-6 hour job
Cons
Almost no breaks
Job was very productive, fast paced, and you could accumulate any hours you wanted. I overall enjoyed the option to be able to make my own schedule up with the 4-5 he shifts they offer.
It's good that they pay you about14 bucks to start out. Taking time off is usually an ok. Be prepared to work mandatory Saturdays for at least the remainder of this pandemic. Hours are low. Good people and great managers. They'll help you out with anything.
Pros
Pay, benefits, people
Cons
Hours, mandatory Saturdays
I did unload and it was very unpleasant experience. You were required to have a bag scan every 8 seconds or they come around if you even want you're job.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
slave labor, felt like I was a piece of garbage to them and it was an honor they even considered giving me work.
If you wanna get a workout this is the job. You really can’t slack off here or else you will never get to go home. Good thing is you get paid weekly so you don’t have to wait every other week to get paid.
Pros
Tome flys by
Cons
Heavy days are not it
Fedex is and amazing job, they really try to work with you. This was one of my favorite jobs. But since it is all mail, sone times your hours might get cut
As a handler, you mostly just pack trucks of packages that need to be shipped to other FedEx locations. Some days the packages come in slow and you can manage it. Other days packages come in and totally overwhelm you, as help will be needed.
Pros
Straightforward work
Cons
Can be overwhelming at times
Working at FedEx really kept me in shape if I do say so myself. I actually enjoyed the work environment as well although some people might have thought it was too fast-paced.
Pros
Paid Every Week
Cons
N/a