Fedcap Rehabilitation Services Inc Employee Reviews

Typical day
Case Management Supervisor (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 21, 2019
Typical day at work would be, daily reports, training staff on new HRA systems, distributing and collecting metro cards. Assessment with clients, weekly coaching with staff, running daily reports for staff.

what I learned how to handle difficult staff, how to help staff accomplish their goals. The hardest part of my job is listening to clients, who are about to become homeless and don't have anywhere too go. the most enjoyable part is knowing I was successful finding them shelter and resources.
Benefits
Cons
no training
Work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 19, 2019
There are still issues that need to be worked out at Fedcap. I am greatful to have a job but am not sure if there is much room for growth with this company
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Lots of room for improvement
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 16, 2019
If you value your own ethics, have a sense of professionalism and integrity, like working as a valued member of a team. Don't go here as you will burn out trying to make a difference with no one to hear your voice or acknowledge your contributions.
Pros
one hour unpaid lunch break, sick time, personal time
Cons
ONLY a one hour unpaid lunch break, too many egos
Staff is friendly
Chelton Loft Clubhouse (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYJanuary 15, 2019
The consumers are ever changing. Staff treats one another with respect. Expect to assist the needy, in almost all capacities. It is very rewarding work if you work hard enough.
Pros
Staff is friendly
Cons
No real room to grow in the company.
Great place to work and oppurtunity to learn a great job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  210 west 43rd street New york New yorkJanuary 8, 2019
Fedcap Rehabilitation Services was a great place to work for and I learn a lot from what they taught me and im ready to show any company what I had learn to the best of my abilities and also show I'm a team player and will help better myself and also mainly help the company I am employed with
Pros
Taught me how to be a leader and love the work i was emplyed foe
Little room for growth in company
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2019
There is little room for growth in We Care company and stagnant salary. Fed cap needs better and more affordable benefits. Great open door policy with management.
Pros
Great open door policy with management.
Cons
Little room for growth in company
Challenging
Diagnostic Vocational Testing/Administrative Asst (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 7, 2019
A typical day at Fedcap can be challenging because of the type of job seekers we service.
I learned the system is designed to set some people up for failure. Management at my location really tries their best lead and influence staff.
The work culture is ok. Although some staff members have very poor customer service skills
The hardest part of my job is trying to motivate people who do not want to be motivated and would sabotage their progress for fear succeeding.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when a client is genuinely appreciative of all that we do.
Pros
Bonuses for quality performance
Cons
Low pay
Very challenging and rewarding experience
Program Coordinator Youth Employment Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2018
A very positive learning experience. I learned a lot from the diverse population this organization serves. This is a great place to work if you are interested in making a difference in the life of those in need.
Good work life balance but minimal holidays off
Vocational Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 20, 2018
I feel that I have gained a lot of experience during my three years working at Fedcap one of the things that I don’t like however is the fact that many US holidays we do not get off.

The fact that there is no wage increase is not good I have been there three years and did not receive a wage increase.

Also on the days that we do not get off where other companies receive the day off they make us participate in workshop the workshops are repetitive and the same every year. But hey at least they give us a carb fuel to breakfast with coffee or tea.

The downside is having to work under a contract if you can find a job with this company that is not contract based you should be all right but don’t look for a raise because you won’t receive one
Pros
Enter and leave shift as scheduled
Cons
Not all holidays are observed. No raise.
Fedcap has great coworkers who work as a team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 19, 2018
Company has front desk reception desk that meets and greets approximately 100 clients and or people on a daily basis.
When working at the front desk as a receptionist it is important to maintain the flow and keep the area clear.
I, as a front desk receptionist, has done that; kept communication with the clients; explained reasons why they come to their appointments get them assigned to case mgrs; and most of all provide excellent customer service to the clients and company's inside and outside personnel as well as all outside agencies.

Thank you.
Pros
able to work independently and fellow employees are friendly keep good rapport
Cons
can be stressful
Poor management, no career development
Other (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2018
Management is not interested in employee development. Based on time there, employees are unhappy and there is no cohesive workplace culture. The corporate culture is not to share information that is helpful to others but to keep information for themselves. Management does not assist or provide help to others when they seek insight into work questions. Employees are often told "you should know" even though information is not shared. Culture is reactive and not proactive.
Bullying and micromanagement
CRC (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2018
I would never endorse an organization where employees get bullied, but at Fedcap, this is exactly what happens, not only from coworkers, but from management as well. Micromanagement also occurs, with no support or suggestions alongside that micromanagement.
It can be more fairness
Building custodian (Former Employee) –  Mantthan New uorkNovember 23, 2018
Great Company but over the years fedcap had made some new management changes I am use to the old system more team work I am a very respectful individual I just perform my job duties and try to help the other coworker out every body needs employment in 2018.
Pros
Decent wage earn
Cons
New company management not like the old system
Diverse and Cultural
Retention Counselor/ Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
Relaxed place to work. Company do however,engage in a lot of charity and volunteer work. Employees do feel the outcome with paid picnics and training events.
Place where real , impactful work can be done.
Clinical Review Team (CRT) Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 6, 2018
I've been a social worker for a long time; I've had caseloads and have been a supervisor and I prefer the clinical aspect of SW, one on one or in a group with clients. I find it much more satisfying and fulfilling; this kind of work is available everyday at FedCap.
Pros
Freedom to, while adhering to the Agency's mandate, make decisions on your own and put your skills to work.
Cons
Travel hardship, huge caseloads, abusive supervisors in the past.
productive astmosphere
Case Management Supervisor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
I really enjoy working at FEDCAP because their is always room for growth. Management always has an open door policy which allows you to communicate. I have learned a lot about my self as a case manager and then as a supervisor. I have also learned that individuals are not always what they appear to be.
Worst place ever to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 3, 2018
There is a lot of favoritism. They promote unqualified people on the basis of friendship and how much they suck up to administrators instead of on the basis of experience, education, or credentials. They treat you like a slave, adding extreme work for low pay. We haven’t had a raise in years yet the work load keeps getting higher and higher. Supervisors are unqualified and lazy and don’t care about their work or the employees they supervise. There is no support whatsoever from supervisors and administrators, everyone just looks out for themselves. The work environment is despicable with employees constantly at each other’s throats. The morale and motivation is not existent and all of this in my opinion is what contributed to loss of contract which ends January 2019. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!
Pros
M-F 9-5 position
Cons
Everything!!!
Productive and a fun environment to work
Readiness Work Facilitator/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 2, 2018
Great place to be, the community base organization is effective and it works for those that utilize the service that are provided. the spirit of staff is Positive and uplifting
Pros
great environment, Productive and Effective
Cons
Clients and Job seekers are not held accountable for there actions
Productive and easygoing flexible schedule
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
Although it is a Home Health Aide agency tou work and get to meet different people with different culture and beliefs about religion.. relationships and family but overall a good company
Fast paced & rewarding
Supervisor, Community Service Program (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 30, 2018
Rewarding as we work with various populations/demographics to obtain self sufficiency and many other social/human services.

Enjoy the opportunity to lead clients and staff, which involves various levels of professional and business relationship development.

Company continues to grow and partners with various programs and contracts. Recently working on a Single Stop Initiative project.
Pros
constant mergers/ growth
Cons
Can have better Human Resources Connection/Communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fedcap Rehabilitation Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.