Fedcap Rehabilitation Services Inc Employee Reviews

Unprofessional work environment
Facilitator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2018
All about form and very little substance. They hire competent staff then tell them they have no expertise in the areas for which they were hired. Supervisors are usually not experienced. HR couldn't get paychecks, salaries or benefits correct, even after multiple requests. Good place for women as long as they stay in their lane and are not seen as a threat to male colleagues.
Pros
fellow staff, the work itself
Cons
see above
Horrible
WEP Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
This Is One Of The Worse Experiences I Have Had Working.. They Totally Do Not Care About The People They Service.. Management Just Wants Money & Numbers.
Pros
There Are Non
Cons
The Whole Management Is A CON!!!
Amazing
Chef Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
Working here has made all the difference in the way I thought about things in my life. Everyday I take home a new lesson that can help in the future along the way and everyone here is so supportive, polite and understanding. If I wasn't just a summer intern, this would be the place of work I would want to stay.
Productive and wonderful team to work with
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2018
The department I work in is Awesome, my Co-workers are great , we all get along and we work great together. My Supervisor is an awesome Supervisor she works with us, she treats us well. I have no complaints
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Commute
volunteer
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJune 16, 2018
I just volunteer at Fedcap right now, even though it's something I'm required to do I absolutely love it there!! I work with wonderful people who are very caring an compassionate, they try their best to help you with whatever you need. management is ok one of my favorite people left but it's still a great place to work/volunteer.
Pros
they help you find work, they are very laid back an understanding
Cons
no pay
not a long term place to work
anon (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
If your good at your job you end up with more work than manageable. CEO and leadership do not care about employees or culture. Promotions and career advancement are non-existent, however with all the excess that your asked to do you will learn a lot.
overall, everyone complains a lot but nothing is ever done to engage employees.

managers seem nice and to be trying their best, but all issues start at the top... and there are ALOT of issues
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
all work for little reward - negative top leadership makes whole company toxic
A productive workplace
Sr. Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 6, 2018
My typical day at work varies according to staffing and clientele. I learnt a lot of the population serviced along with their employment barriers which was based on various components such as their mental and medical conditions. My immediate supervisor and I worked together prior and there are times when I have to oversee the Medical Site and ensure that everyone and everything is functioning accordingly. The hardest part of the job is keeping the clients calm when they become agitated and writing incident reports. The most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers in which like a family, we have our off days but mesh well each other.
Pros
Potential of growth into a higher position
Cons
The expense of the health insurance
A lot of work
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 2, 2018
All day calling clients to reschedule appointment, file documents, enter information in system. The hardest part I would say is trying to keep up with work when we only have 3 outreach specialist.
Cons
A lot of work on a daily basis
Dynamic work experience
Unit Coordinator/Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2018
Fedcap is an enjoyable place to work if you desire to help others. Fedcap is number one in hiring adults with mental illness and developmental disabilities. I recommend Fedcap for employment for these purposes.
Pros
supportive work environment
Cons
salary, healthcare, pace of work
Do not apply or go to work here.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brewer, ME 04412May 17, 2018
The management is poor which leads to poor office morale and organization. The workplace culture is the poorest that I have seen in all the years that I have worked anywhere in the Social Services field. The typical day is unorganized, chaotic, and the hardest part is that you do not know when you will be reprimanded by a supervisor for something wrong even though they have not bothered to get all the information yet. This happens in front of others. What I learned is that when I was hired for this job I was promised one thing and it turned out to be something entirely different. The first clue should have been when I had to keep calling for a copy of my acceptance letter and the day I went for orientation I had no access to the video presentation and no paperwork to follow along. Also I sat all day in a closed room all alone. I also decided no more misrepresentations or disrespect. The most enjoyable part I would have to say would be the day I made up my mind to walk out the door and take care of myself and not let this job, management or the company take my self respect and I then I could feel good about myself again.
Pros
Mon through Friday sometimes
Cons
Management and work load
Toxic place to work
Manager former employee (Former Employee) –  Maine, MEMay 11, 2018
If you like your life get away of this company. They squiz you then throw you away.

This a place which promise many thing but realise less.

Better not trust what they tell you
Pros
Cons
Mismanagment
Poor management - the company changed with the new administration
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  NYMay 3, 2018
I have no idea how the management thinks that a person can live in NYC on the salary offered (by the way - no raises, no cost of living increases, no pension plan, and no job performance review.....). The direct management seldom supports the workers (esp. if the worker makes a "rare" mistake), and tends to "react" negatively rather than ask questions.

The workplace is "toxic" - no motivation other than to do the best work possible for the client/participant - with RARE appreciation by management.
Pros
Cons
poor work environemnt
Fedcap was not a bad place to work.
Supervisor of Employment Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
Fedcap tried real hard to live up to its mission statement. They had real dedicated employees. With anything's, what you put in is what you get back.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Lot of pressure
good work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2018
staff was friendly and supportive. A great work environment. It was a lot of work and very quick pace not easy to manage. supervisor was easily accessible. It was an enjoyable work experience.
Oppurtunity afforded to many
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
This company employs many, and gives higher learning opportunity to those that want it. While the world may turn their backs on those who are disabled, and those who may not have went to college, they give many a chance to build a life for themselves.
fast pace enviorment with turtle pace workers in between, sense of humor and empathy is what carries people through out the day
Lead Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 14, 2018
if one is working the front desk. one must be able to work at a fast pace. one must be able to empathize with the clients. one should not take anything personal because some clients are fixated on past expeierences therfore they are lashing out on the process of the system.
typical day is that some people come to the appointment 2 hours late and expect to leave in an expidited process. one is constantly on the phone and dealing with clients.
one should reframe from taking personal calls while manning the front desk because thats a red flag for the clients. if you have time to lalli gag then theres time to keep the process going and respect the clients time.
Pros
one gets to help others
Cons
over worked and under paid
Employees are great
Payroll Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10017April 12, 2018
Senior Members mistreat the staff and harass their employee. The environment is like a sweatshop. Payroll, accounting, benefits is all out in the open. No confidentiality.
Pros
The company means well
Cons
No appreciation
Wonderful place to work
Work Readiness Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 10, 2018
Fedcap is a very wonderful place to work. It is a place where people who work are propelled by pure passion to work with people and to care for people.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
some times pressurizing
Good starting point
Senior Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
Good place to work if you are looking to advance our career in Human Resources. Not sure of the leadership in place now, but my VP was a great mentor during my time there.
Productive fun work environment
Resource Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2018
Fedcap was an organization that worked with individual that had physical handicaps as well as individuals that were transitioning off of welfare.

I was a Job Developer who was responsible for securing employment opportunities for our clientele.
Pros
Freedom to work independentally
Cons
Quotas and contractual limitations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fedcap Rehabilitation Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9