FEDCAP Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor management and toxic environment
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 15, 2018
Trying to teach significantly cognitive impaired individuals with multiple emotional and behavioral needs along with middle-school type cliques and back-stabbing among supervisors and staff is mentally and physically exhausting. It's all about the money here, not the kids. Once the primary leadership left after FEDCAP replaced Easter Seals, everything went downhill.
Pros
free lunches, good salary
Cons
toxic management culture, high turnover
Huge Career Disappointment
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2018
Just not professional or ethical. Management lacks communication. Seems like someone is hiding something based on the lack of answers/ responses to questions asked about particular things. Worst agency I ever worked for-
Pros
Independent work environment; Lot of great programs available
Cons
Shady practices from all departments.
This job was hectic
Case Manager Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2018
This company did not give the employees the appreciation they deserved. This company morale was always down. The hardest part of that job was the blatant disrespect. People talked about each other like dogs. This company even thought it still exist no one reported the stuff was bad. We were over worked. They used give raises and they stop giving raises and they started being mean.There were a lot of bad things going on there. There's a lot more but ill stop here.
Pros
raise one time then nomore
Cons
over worked
Productive fast workin place
Cheif training (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2018
I love being there the people are nice and friendly the staff was out goin and made sure my need a where me also they kept the. Facility clean and up to inspections standards
Very stressful
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 25, 2018
Overwhelming. Quick turn over rates. High high high volume .
Expect to take on other people's case load as its shared work. It is not an easy job. Must be patient, and organized.
just say no.
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2018
don't waste your time. there are far better jobs and non profit agencies in Nyc and the United States to work for.
Have some self-respect. Find an agency that is for real.
Good Place to be
Work Readiness Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2018
Just do your job and mind your business. It could all be so simple... Maintain your professionalism. Be kind and courteous to everyone. Stay in your designated place.
It could be a rewarding place to work in.
Senior Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 3, 2018
Fedcap is a good organization to work for. The members of staff are compensated as deserved but there is the need for more staff audit from time to time. I paid a visit to one of the clinic site and I was surprised most of the staff I left were gone because of lack of job satisfaction because one of the Front desk personnel was terrorizing the medical as well as the Case management team or so I was informed.
Pros
Adequate break time and humane treatment of staff when I was there.
It was ok some of the patient will be a little difficult but other than that it was good
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Sometimes the patient was a little difficult at some point but once I got in contact with the family everything went well but I like working with the Pediatrics
Fast paced environment with data entry
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Typical day includes: Entering data for patient care records
Hardest part of the job is attaining good enough speed to make good money (commission based)
Most enjoyable part of the job is data entry
Its ok
Custodian (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2018
It was an alright job, we did some things well and some things wrong. It wasn't the best situation but it also wasn't the worst. But I've seen better days
Productive and quiet work place
Assistant Supervisor/ Print Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Fedcap is not bad at all. I don't mind it here. The work load is great. The people are good to get along with and we all work as a team.
Everyone stays focused on getting the work done.
Pros
We get 2 15 minute breaks and still have and hour lunch
Cons
the healthcare is a little expensive and there is not real growth
slow paced work enviorment
Kitchen Assistant (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Working at fedcap wasnt bad .It was just a temp job and they really didnt need extra hands.Would i work there again yes. i have no problem with a slow or fast paced work enviorment im flexable.
Supplies are always available, constant absent supervision
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Bedford ave mens shelterJanuary 29, 2018
Overall a great work environment. Very helpful staff members when it comes to problem solving. My appreciation comes from learning more about Fedcap.
Providing shelter for the homeless is no easy task so maintaining a clean environment is extremely necessary when housing people in those numbers, Which may vary day to day. It's very important to keep a leveled head and be understanding when dealing with the less fortunate. Some are agitated by the process others might be having a bad day. A clean shower and living area can help ease tension
Pros
Helping the Homeless
Cons
Temporary employment
Job
Job Readiness Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2017
The job and company was ok, like any job it has to do with the people you work with, the company was a fine organization to work for I would recommend it to anyone.
a typical day at work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 7, 2017
very nice place and peaceful workplace, but got tired of the same, i believe its time for a change, i can do better but very grateful of the opportunity and the skills i've learned
A constant learning experience. There is always something new to learn
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
We administer a series of assessment testing to determine job readiness for people with disabilities and learning barriers.The class is one to two weeks long. At the end of the time with us the clients move on to job placement or a training program within the building.
Pros
The best staff of people I have ever worked with.
Cons
It is a temp assignment
Comfortable job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
If you willing to work in the heath field this the job for you. While you doing your two weeks training you learn the basic of a nurse and the reactions of your patients when they are sic.
Pros
helping people
Cons
some patients are rude
Summary
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2017
FedCap Rehab is a fast pace environment and everyone is in everyone business. If your pace isn't fast enough you get written up. if you have a dr ap.
Any Dept. but Case Management...
Vocational Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 10, 2017
If you need a job and have no issues with an administratively top heavy social service position, servicing 85-125 clients on your caseload, then you will fit right in.
It is good for a temporary means to an end of unemployment; however professional development and advancement, No. There is no tuition reimbursement nor are they supportive of those choosing to attend graduate school (i.e.: flexible hours, assistance with field placement or supervising your hours).
Line Staff tend to be supportive of one another because of the stressful work environment.