Federal-Mogul Motorparts Employee Reviews

Barely lived to tell about it
Nobody (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 22, 2018
If you are an accountant/analyst and enjoy working with a bunch of strange and old people then this is a place for you. Otherwise run! Run as fast as you can!
Pros
Cons
Too many to count
good
Leader (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 12, 2018
good company, great teams, culture and work environment. product offerings provide for stimulating work for technical, marketing and commercially oriented professionals
Productive and Helpful
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
Federal Federal-Mogul was a wonderful place to work. I still keep in contact with my okd supervisors and co-workers. We worked as a team. It really felt like family. We always got the job done.
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Cons
Coast of living in Chicago is high
Stressfull
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOApril 4, 2018
Horrible supervisors. Favoritism is showed highly with those people having lack of production and not being talked to like everyone else. Unorganized work environment
Pros
Loved my job, what I actually did. Music on weekends
Cons
Hated supervisors. Short breaks
Excellent experience
PRODUCT ENGINEERING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 2, 2018
Great staff with an excellent reputation. I had the opportunity to learn many new technical fields while learning about their many products. This included the design process and implementation with testing.
Stressful and stood on your feet the whole 12 hrs.and only 15 mins. That seems like 5 mins.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALMarch 27, 2018
It was too stressful not only did you only get little time for a break plus your worked too long for less money weekly. I really felt like I worked blisters on my feet for nothing and I would of liked at least have a lunch break for 20 mind and got off my feet .
Pros
No lunches.
Cons
Too short of a break
Pay attention to online reviews
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 2, 2018
F-M is an old company that has had some challenging times in the past, but hasn't really moved on. Systems are antiquated and they are unwilling to spend any money to make your job easier. Benefits are very average and the healthcare plan is a high deductible healthcare plan. That means every year plan to pay at least $3600 out of pocket on top of the monthly premiums if you have a family. The joke around the office is that if they weren't required to provide healthcare, they wouldn't. The people are generally nice, but there seems to be a lot of people at either end of the seniority ladder. Either they've been there for 25+ years or less than 5.
Pros
Nice people, free auto parts, occasional fun events
Cons
Healthcare, low merit increases, frugality, lack of communication between groups
just don't do it, it's not worth it, run away run now!
rubber mold operator (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 26, 2018
Don't do it you'll thank me later, horrible managers,horrible scheduling, your just there to make the quota, there's no appreciation for the employees they are more than happy to replace you with a temp. PS did I mention DON'T DO IT.
Pros
overtime if your not a temp
Cons
everything
Bottom of the barrel job
Outbound Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNDecember 28, 2017
This is just a job. If you expect more than you are fooling yourself. Where do I start? In building 1 where I worked, there is no clean water coolers to drink from. The spouts are covered in oil/grease or the cooler just does not work. The building is not heated or cooled, which means that in the summer you WILL be performing your job in a scorching hot environment on the verge of heat exhausting or my favorite, frozen like an ice cube in the winter due to the work conditions. The management puts little effort into retention of employees and their only purpose of your role within this company is to fill a slot or hole in their employee roster. You are a means to an end and nothing more at Federal Mogul. Turnover is so bad that the people that they do have are worked beyond necessary just to get customer's orders out the door. Moral is so poor that the employees just are "there." Middle Management has no pride in what they doing and cares little for the employees who actually perform the job of getting the orders out the door to their customers. If management does not have ownership in what they are doing or take a position of responsibility for their role within the company, then how do they expect employees to care too? Yeah, don't waste your time here, find another job or in this case, a better one!
Cons
Its no fun to work there ..used it be good company before now no any more
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILDecember 15, 2017
I worked for this company 2 years was very bad time for me ..management so poor they just care about rate no thing else ..they considered employee such as numbers my advice for any one wants to work there never try you would definitely waste your time with those people
Pros
No thing free there
Cons
Very short break just 5 miniute
Federal-Mogul software development
Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Federal-Mogul Motorparts.

I would recommend that you consider FM Motorparts for a future job.

Federal-Mogul is a successful company with more than 100 years to motor parts manufacturing and sales.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
For me was a long drive.
Decent place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALOctober 26, 2017
I was given many opportunities to develop and learn new skills as a manager. Over time I got burned out on the stress related to my job position and have decided it is time for a career change.
Great work place!
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 23, 2017
The workplace culture is great everyone there is friendly and willing to help out when needed. The most enjoyable of my job is collaborating with intelligent individuals.
Great company
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 17, 2017
Values work life balance, some departments more than others. Great benefits and opportunity for advancement. Paid holidays and many employee appreciation events
An Opportunity to Grow
Industrial Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2016
At Federal Mogul, I was working with people from many different backgrounds; I felt welcome in this diverse environment. From day one, my partners greeted me with good attitudes and achievable goals. I am very glad to have been a part of the Federal Mogul community.