Federal-Mogul Powertrain Employee Reviews

Found 755 reviews matching the search See all 1,260 reviews
no thanks
Heavy Mold Setter (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 15, 2018
working 12 hour six days a week didn't have much personal life . was not able to social with other employees was not fun in hot weather no A/C . not a team company
Federal Mogul is a great Employer
Global Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 6, 2018
Federal Mogul is a busy tier 1 automotive supplier. They provde critical engine and drive train parts to automakers, the work is rewarding and cooperative. most manufacturing is done in 5he US and Europe so be prepared for busy early days and catch up afternoons.
Pros
great salary, excellent benefits
Cons
cooperating with multiple plants can be challenging
Ideal Company will have
Senior Treasury Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 6, 2018
Fun and supported by others, a little creativity in a sea of numbers, outstanding benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k match or alternative retirement contributions)
Very productive place
Chrome Plater (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIAugust 1, 2018
Very good work environment with lots of training that helps you to be knowledgeable of the job you were hired for. Advancement if you want it. Good people to work for and with. Everyone was always very helpful and made the job a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
Non
Co-op Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Burlington, IAAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work, good pay and benefits for employees. Good vacation time for employees and easy going atmosphere. Young supervisor staff that understands your needs as well as the companys.
Pros
good pay and vacations
Cons
insurance not that good
good work environment
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company I gained most of my experience in warehousing with them I became a certified machine technician. the hardest part of the job was maintaining 10 or more machines through out the 12 hr shift.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
the consistency and pressure
Okay company
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SC 29115July 31, 2018
Nice company , something is better than nothing I guess. I went to work and focused on the task at hand. Don’t get caught up in the usually plant drama.
Interesting project
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2018
We went into Federal mogul's factory to see their production line, I understand how their high-quality resistant material being made, The instructor seems to be really enthusiasm .
Fast paced, diverse and challanging.
Packager/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 30, 2018
Keeping up with the assembly line was difficult at first but with the encouragement of my shift leader and co-workers on the line with me I quickly got into gear and was able to keep up with the rest of my team.
Good place, very hot place.
Materials buyer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJuly 30, 2018
Its been several yrs since I was employed with Federal Mogul, things could have an probably has changed by now so I'm not a good source of info on them now a days, probably would be smart to read someone elses reviews other than mine.
no communication
fiss utility (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IAJuly 29, 2018
Start at 7am. Manager would put up a sheet with your name and that would determine what you did for the day. Sometimes it would become stressful when management would tell you to hurry up cause the product needed to be sent out
Pros
got along with all co workers and had fun while working
Cons
No comunication from management to employees
Great Place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 29, 2018
Benefits aren't that great but it's a good place to work if you're willing to teach yourself. The people are friendly and there is a lot of opportunity with the new merger.
A typical day at work was fun and productive
Machining Process Technician Trainer (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 27, 2018
Fun and productive, team-oriented. There was room to advance. The hardest part of the job came due to the reduction in workforce due to the company being relocated and production line to different states.
overall employees are great lacks leadership
Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Van Wert, OHJuly 26, 2018
There are to many meetings and upper management tries to micro manage everything, does not give the supervisors a chance to get better. Managers always do it there way and not the way the supervisor see's it on the floor. Who knows better how to produce a part the the employees on the floor and the supervisor that works with them.
Pros
employees are great and will do what needs to be done if given the opportunity.
Cons
need less time in meeting more time working with employees
Good starting point
Engineering technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, IAJuly 25, 2018
Worked in all areas if the factory and moved into salary after several years. People are great to work with and I made a lot of friends along with learning all the machines,
Has many hours for working opportunity
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJuly 24, 2018
At the time that I had worked there, they had many shift opportunities. This also included many opportunities to pick up overtime if you wanted. They offered paid schooling if to help or better your job. They had multiple family outings and sponsered various community functions.
major health and safety issues
Utility worker (Former Employee) –  Lake City, MNJuly 24, 2018
there were a lot of long Hot hours and working with fellow co workers was a struggle .. many unsafe and health hazards areas .the two tier pay needed to be reconstructed was not fair to new workers..
Pros
there no pros
Cons
the whole foundry is a con !
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 23, 2018
Easy to learn. Good people. I would have liked to go by performance instead of seniority. Employees make the same pay rate no matter what job task i would like to see employees get paid for what they can do. Employees need to speak more English.
Benefits
Cons
doesn't matter how fast you work everyone gets paid the same for doing the same job
Good career
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 22, 2018
The people are truly the best aspect of Federal-Mogul. Varying levels of ambition, in a good way. Plenty of room to move across disciplines as long as there is a company need.
Pros
Peopls
My first manufacturing job
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Summerton, SCJuly 22, 2018
I gained a lot of valuable skills and assets while working here. The people I worked with made the job easy. The reason I left I was offered another job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal-Mogul Powertrain. Our community is ready to answer.