Federal-Mogul Powertrain Employee Reviews

Found 824 reviews matching the search See all 1,372 reviews
Inbound Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 9, 2019
It is a good place to work and what you make of it. There is opportunity to advance and the benefits are competitive. There is almost never a shortage of work. World class technologies
Pros
Ability to advance
Job expectations
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  WaupunJanuary 27, 2019
i have worked there for 7 plus years i do not call in I stay late and come in early and train people and still have not made it to the top the top pay in my department which is only 19.23
Pros
1st shift
Cons
no extra pay for training, raises are difficult to achieve
Good Company
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 11, 2019
I had fun, all the employees under me were great, the management team was very supportive, what I really liked was the effort the company puts into their training process.
The reason why I gave them one star on the compensation/benefits is because I was employed through a temp agency.
Pros
Scheduled days
Cons
Scheduled hours
Very Low Moral
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALJanuary 10, 2019
Workers are underappreciated. Pay is OK but benefits are terrible. The hours are good for. 12 hr days with 2 on 2 off which works well for my situation. that's about the best part of the whole place.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Management is TERRIBLE!
Friendly environment
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 3, 2018
They offered good benefits and tools to do the job done on time and i was working in a very friendly environment but unfortunately there were no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free lunch every year
Cons
No oportunity for advancement
Thorough training
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WINovember 8, 2018
I fully enjoyed my time spent with Federal Mogul. I had been working a weekend shift to accommodate my sick grandmother. After she passed I no longer needed the weekend shift and didn’t have success in getting on a different shift. I looked else where in the community and chose to move to Jagemann Stamping.
Pros
Proper system/policies when it came to reviews and raises
Cons
Occurrence system/policy....not much room for flexibility if you or your family were to get sick
One of my favorite jobs I've ever had.
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJanuary 28, 2019
I don't really have much to complain about. They pay their workers fairly, overtime is always available. Other than that the work environment is just like any other factory.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Nice place to work
Inspector/Catcher (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYOctober 30, 2018
The job its self is very dirty but overall it was a great place to work with competitive wages and excellent benefits as far as medical, dental, and vision.
Needs a management overhaul
Lapper (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 23, 2018
This place used to be a great place to work years ago, but the current management has been running it into the ground for the past 12 years or so. They treat employees like garbage and if a supervisor doesn't like you they will find a way to get rid of you. I have seen good employees fired for health issues among other things. Most of my co workers were great, but management and supervisors play favorites. If you're not part of their cliques you can forget about any type of advancement. Pay is decent, yet they can't keep employees. That should tell you something. Lots of overtime opportunity, a lot of mandatory overtime also. Benefits are ok, but not great. Management will lie to your face then place blame on each other when called out on it. Biggest joke in the area. It has become known as the local federal prison by locals. Could be a great place again if management was replaced.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No job security, treated like garbage, no family life
Understaffed and overworked
Plant Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 18, 2018
Well below average pay for the job in this area.
Benifits arnt all that good.
Way understaffed so would often been taking care of a 500k sqft warehouse full of production equipment by yourself or with only 2 people.
Unfair
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALSeptember 10, 2018
I love my job and what I do. I can honestly say that my supervisor is a fair person. However, there are unfair HR policies in my opinion. HR changes the policies when they see fit. NO sick days or PTO. You have to use your vacation days if you are sick. People working around other people sick, but can call off because it would be counted against them. No incentives, the moral is so low. Favortism is at an all-time high in this place. TLs treats you like minions. Retaliation is rampant. Nothing gets done about it. Some of the people working here are great people but some are cut throat. No raises in some departments. They only advance those who kiss up to management. Medical benefits are lacking. No security on site. No job security. NO, NO, NO nothing. Money is great and that's about it. Come to work just to get a paycheck because this place doesn't care about its employees so why care about a job well done?
Pros
Good money and hours
Cons
HR Management, no sick days, no PTO
Productive and fun to work at
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Athens AlabamaNovember 8, 2018
Good work environment good pay all the overtime u want Supervisor good to work with overall good job people are nice location good they give us a Christmas dinner.
Pros
When u come in as a temp u get full benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Competitive culture
Product Manager - Performance Engine Components (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 9, 2018
My time at F-M was split between excellent opportunities and assertive competition among employees and departments - - often to the detriment of the business goals. We suffered from a continuous stream of new bosses that changed goals and strategies too often to achieve any clear direction.
Pros
Compensation, growth opportunities
Cons
Lack of teamwork, moving targets from a management perspective
great company - relocated
crib supervisor/buyer (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INSeptember 6, 2018
a fast paced job that required interaction with both hourly and salary employees to meet the current production requirements. Company relocated out of state.
Federal Mogul is a great Employer
Global Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 6, 2018
Federal Mogul is a busy tier 1 automotive supplier. They provde critical engine and drive train parts to automakers, the work is rewarding and cooperative. most manufacturing is done in 5he US and Europe so be prepared for busy early days and catch up afternoons.
Pros
great salary, excellent benefits
Cons
cooperating with multiple plants can be challenging
Ideal Company will have
Senior Treasury Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 6, 2018
Fun and supported by others, a little creativity in a sea of numbers, outstanding benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k match or alternative retirement contributions)
Co-op Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Burlington, IAAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work, good pay and benefits for employees. Good vacation time for employees and easy going atmosphere. Young supervisor staff that understands your needs as well as the companys.
Pros
good pay and vacations
Cons
insurance not that good
good work environment
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company I gained most of my experience in warehousing with them I became a certified machine technician. the hardest part of the job was maintaining 10 or more machines through out the 12 hr shift.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
the consistency and pressure
Good starting point
Engineering technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, IAJuly 25, 2018
Worked in all areas if the factory and moved into salary after several years. People are great to work with and I made a lot of friends along with learning all the machines,
Great Place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 29, 2018
Benefits aren't that great but it's a good place to work if you're willing to teach yourself. The people are friendly and there is a lot of opportunity with the new merger.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federal-Mogul Powertrain. Our community is ready to answer.